• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtar86

Bought a madcatz fightstick alpha and I'm not really liking it. Thinking of buying the HORI Real Arcade Pro 4. Anyone here use that stick? Is it any good? I can't handle the buttons on this Madcatz stick much longer.

Bought a madcatz fightstick alpha and I'm not really liking it. Thinking of buying the HORI Real Arcade Pro 4. Anyone here use that stick? Is it any good? I can't handle the buttons on this Madcatz sick much longer.

If you get the RAP with Hayabusa buttons, it's great. It also has PC compatibility and less lag now. I picked one up and found the Hayabusa lever great, and the new buttons are sorta in-between Sanwas and Seimitsus in feel. Great stick, especially for the price.

Was Alex's V-Reversal already posted in this thread? If not, here.

dJP7FQE.jpg

why couldnt it have been the DDT ;-;

jtar86

If you get the RAP with Hayabusa buttons, it's great. It also has PC compatibility and less lag now. I picked one up and found the Hayabusa lever great, and the new buttons are sorta in-between Sanwas and Seimitsus in feel. Great stick, especially for the price.

Fuck it, I ordered it. I've been playing nothing but SF5 for the past two weeks so its worth it. Thanks for the advice.

Edzi

GGs Ferrio. Laura is definitely my least favorite matchup, and I get the feeling she's a terrible matchup for Necalli in particular. Yours was terrifying.

Nope, connection was perfect on my end.

You should play each other :p

We did.

GGs Suplex. Birdie is my kryptonite ;_;

GGs. Your Nash pressure is nasty. I'm getting better at identifying dash-up throws, it seems, otherwise that set wouldn't have lasted so long :p

My Birdie's got trouble with being cornered, and you took major advantage of it, I also couldn't use my V Skill much in fear of your CA.

Don't jump on that guy when he's idle. Just don't.

Ferrio

Banned
GGs Ferrio. Laura is definitely my least favorite matchup, and I get the feeling she's a terrible matchup for Necalli in particular. Yours was terrifying.

Nope, connection was perfect on my end.

Ah good to hear, I was getting a bit of rollback at first but panned out the rest of the games fine.

The armor through the fake blockstring though, ouch poor necali.

Edzi

Ah good to hear, I was getting a bit of rollback at first but panned out the rest of the games fine.

The armor through the fake blockstring though, ouch poor necali.

Ha, yeah, you figured that out pretty quick and I couldn't adapt. Her throw mixups make me panic.

We did.

GGs. Your Nash pressure is nasty. I'm getting better at identifying dash-up throws, it seems, otherwise that set wouldn't have lasted so long :p

My Birdie's got trouble with being cornered, and you took major advantage of it, I also couldn't use my V Skill much in fear of your CA.

I need to fight good Birdies. Are any of his pokes - on block or even punishable?

Edzi

We did.

Still wanna play?

Ferrio

Banned
Ha, yeah, you figured that out pretty quick and I couldn't adapt. Her throw mixups make me panic.

I think you should of gone for regular throws more often, especially on my wakeup. I probably would of eaten a lot of them.

His dash was also a lot quicker than I thought, snuck a few throws in there.

Is his rush thing ever safe? Seemed like I couldn't punish when he was V-triggered.

Edzi

I think you should of gone for regular throws more often, especially on my wakeup. I probably would of eaten a lot of them.

His dash was also a lot quicker than I thought, snuck a few throws in there.

Is his rush thing ever safe? Seemed like I couldn't punish when he was V-triggered.

I think it can be on safe if I hit you with just the tip, but otherwise really unsafe. Some of my rush attacks were accidents, most were just bad reads. :p I wasn't really opening you up for too many big combos, which is where I'd mostly use them.

cHK, :p

Also his fHP shoulder barge is punishable on block.

Sure, Invite.

You'll have to invite me, I haven't been able to host since their latest "fix".

EDIT: It says the battle lounge no longer exists when I try to join. :(

Ferrio

Banned
You don't have to get a crush counter in order to combo with it. Wut?

https://youtu.be/nNb6a1H_wqE

What I'm saying is, Ken has more options. Laura's is impractical. Like really? Dashing BACKWARDS? Oh that's SOOO SCARY. And you keep saying mix-ups? Her dashing forward or backward isn't a mixup. Dashing under, I'll give you. But Ken (sorry to keep bringing him up) can dash under you after air reset as well WITHOUT a vskill.

The best thing about her vskill is her overhead, I got more mileage out of that than her "dash". *busts out laughing*

:)

Ya as someone said, he can't do that anymore.

Her v-skill overhead is also pretty bad except in some specific occasions. The dash itself is way better.

Having some real trubs getting this battle lounge going.

I loved how you were using it after you noticed that I was always starting attacking at the beginning of the round. It was an educational set tbh, and I kinda learned how to shimmy finally.

I noticed, you punched me in the dick a bunch of times for trying to throw during your rushdown.

Ferrio

Banned
Its great at the start of the match because it beats rmika and cammies vskill.

I'd be afraid of throwing it out at the start, as you're not going to gain much for a lot of risk. Most likely it's going to whiff, or be blocked then you're going to be facing some pain. If it somehow manages to hit, it doesn't really put you into any position that was worth it.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I'd be afraid of throwing it out at the start, as you're not going to gain much for a lot of risk. Most likely it's going to whiff, or be blocked then you're going to be facing some pain. If it somehow manages to hit, it doesn't really put you into any position that was worth it.
You usually want to start it neutral so you are a relatively safe if its blocked. Its almost guarantee to crush counter if it hits.

Ferrio

Banned
You usually want to start it neutral so you area relatively safe if its blocked. Its almost guarantee to crush counter if it hits.

If it's blocked you're at -7, enough time for a good punish unless you're spaced correctly (which I don't think you are at the start) If it crush counters.... well big deal. You can't get anything off that crush counter really, a st.hk if you're lucky but that's it. Not worth it, throwing out her worst move at the beginning of the round is pretty ballsy.

Bought a madcatz fightstick alpha and I'm not really liking it. Thinking of buying the HORI Real Arcade Pro 4. Anyone here use that stick? Is it any good? I can't handle the buttons on this Madcatz stick much longer.

You would be better off if you are up for it modding that alpha with better parts.

I have a Hori Hyabusa 4, and I hate the buttons and stick to be honest. Can't mod easily, buttons are loud. No mic jack if you end up needing one. Just a meh stick.

If you aren't a tournie guy, then just invest in a MadCatz $100-$150 TE PS3 Stick you find online. Great parts in those. Easy to mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom