• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syntsui

I cleared half the cast's challenges yesterday, most of them are really easy with the exception o Bison's. No matter how ahrd I try, I can't clear his challenge 9, the execution needed is fucking disgusting.

I will probably have problems with Chun Li too, but I still have to test that.

vg260

I'm gonna be pissed if you can't get some sort of discounted bundle price for the costumes. 16x$4=$64, which is ridiculous.

The last few Ultra sets had options of 5 outfits for $4, or all 44 for $20, and they weren't just texture swaps either.

If we're stuck paying $4 a la carte, then they can keep this free character model.

I'm gonna be pissed if you can't get some sort of discounted bundle price for the costumes. 16x$4=$64, which is ridiculous.

The last few Ultra sets had options of 5 outfits for $4, or all 44 for $20, and they weren't just texture swaps either.

If we're stuck paying $4 a la carte, then they can keep this free character model.
As money hungry as Capcom is, charging this much would be flat out suicide for their long term plans. No one's gonna want to spend THAT much money for so little in return.

They're most likely going to include bundles. Maybe even "pick-your-own" bundles?

vg260

As money hungry as Capcom is, charging this much would be flat out suicide for their long term plans. No one's gonna want to spend THAT much money for so little in return.

They're most likely going to include bundles. Maybe even "pick-your-own" bundles?

You'd think so, right?

I've been totally ok with their previous DLC pricing, but I'm nervous this time.

It's caused by a program called Tabtip.exe. It might just be a Windows 10 thing. I don't even have a Wacom and I've got this issue. You just need to end that program before running the game, so it's a little annoying that they haven't addressed it.

That might be it, I'm on windows 7

Pompadour

Bundles would be a nice way to sidestep the Zenny issues entirely as they could sell sets directly from the PS/Steam stores. I'm sure if they were going to do that they would have mentioned it, though.

Mediking

Most of the new outfits :

birdievepik.jpg
karintyp2d.jpg

alex0130pxl.jpg
alex02jfpdj.jpg

mikaufprp.jpg
laura6ho4l.jpg

fangz6qm6.jpg
vegauopqb.jpg

zangiefknrvj.jpg
necalli2spgo.jpg

rashidcdp1k.jpg
kenxepnp.jpg

nashtpo3w.jpg
dhalsim3xqqh.jpg

Vega.... Ken...and Birdie... are all pretty bad. Vega's is just bland. Birdie's is just random and not random in a good way. Ken looks like he's having a mid life crisis. It's the haircut....

Everybody else looks great.

Actually... Karin's outfit is also a tad bit bland but her hairstyle saves the outfit.

Bundles would be a nice way to sidestep the Zenny issues entirely as they could sell sets directly from the PS/Steam stores. I'm sure if they were going to do that they would have mentioned it, though.
Most likely they're gonna just use the Steam/PS stores for purchasing season passes or Zenny and keep purchases of items that can be bought with Zenny to the in-game store.

Vega.... Ken...and Birdie... are all pretty bad. Vega's is just bland. Birdie's is just random and not random in a good way. Ken looks like he's having a mid life crisis. It's the haircut....

Everybody else looks great.

Actually... Karin's outfit is also a tad bit bland but her hairstyle saves the outfit.

Birdie is freddie mercury

I like the Laura alt, except for the pony tail. I wonder if it can be modded out.

Speaking of Laura alts, did Garret Hawke's PG edit ever get a public release?

Shito

any Laura players better than me know if the combo trails list her optimal damage combos?
Not one bit, no. ^^
Her trials are pretty much "meh" when it comes to teaching her bnbs.

Birdie is freddie mercury
It almost makes me want to play him...

I like the Laura alt, except for the pony tail. I wonder if it can be modded out.
I love that pony tail! :D
I'm really digging her haircut in that outfit, quite impressed they even implemented that from the concept art.

Blackage

I've blazed through most of the challenges in less then 5 minutes, I spent a good 30 minutes on Karin's Trial 6 and am now convinced I'm bad at Street Fighter, I mean I got it done, but I spent way more time there then I felt I should have. Maybe it's because I'm playing on pad and the motion seems so damn fast.

I've blazed through most of the challenges in less then 5 minutes, I spent a good 30 minutes on Karin's Trial 6 and am now convinced I'm bad at Street Fighter, I mean I got it done, but I spent way more time there then I felt I should have. Maybe it's because I'm playing on pad and the motion seems so damn fast.
That particular trial is very wonky. Unless you main Karin, you shouldn't feel bad about it.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I supposed that watching all those people doing Srks from crouching position ^^

How do you do that? I found out I can't do a crouching shoryu to save my life, it's always a hadoken or a super.

Can’t win consistently with Ken man...

Think I need a new main, he is just too momentum heavy, almost seems like Ken play style is based off comebacks.

Might have to join the loathsome Karin army -_-

We need to have another actual set soon.

Constantly feeling like maybe Mika's just not the right character for me. She requires a pretty crazy playstyle that maybe isn't quite the right fit, but I can't tell if that's an excuse I'm making when I feel like I'm stagnating or if it's legit. I've been trying to learn Ryu a bit on the side so I can work on my fundamentals and see how it is to play an all-around character who actually has fireballs in a fighting game, for once.
damn, omni thinking of dropping ken, flux thinking of dropping mika and i'm thinking of dropping laura.. you ever think we might be the problem lmao :(

Shito

damn, omni thinking of dropping ken, flux thinking of dropping mika and i'm thinking of dropping laura.. you ever think we might be the problem lmao :(
May I ask your reasons for wanting to drop Laura?
I briefly switched from her to Mika three weeks into the game, but decided to switch back to Laura and insist on her, keeping Mika for "on the side fun".

I think they toned down the AI in Survival. Normal is much easier than I remember, and Bison only goes EVO for like a few seconds.

And I'm ass at these trials. I can get most of them down, but the longer sets are tripping me up, so I end up with one or two undone. Ryu's was the only one I was capable of doing, I think. My execution on the stick is bad, so I'll just have to keep practicing on that. Might go on a fighting game sabbatical for a week and just play fighters so I can get used to it, because I feel like I'm just freezing up too much.

May I ask your reasons for wanting to drop Laura?
I briefly switched from her to Mika three weeks into the game, but decided to switch back to Laura and insist on her, keeping Mika for "on the side fun".

She's very high risk/reward and sometimes I feel like the risk isn't worth the reward.
No decent reversal or any way to get pressure off of you except for V-Reversal
okay normals
Her AA game is really weak, st.MP's hitbox for AA's isn't even as solid as some characters st.jabs lol, and HP Elbow often trades unless you do it at the top of their jump arc
No safe way to gain V-bar outside of getting hit
Most of her combos come from Counter hits or meaties
You really gotta hit confirm into LP bolt because if they block it you're pretty much giving up your turn right there and since she has no defense, it might take a while to get back to neutral (if the opponent knows what they're doing ofc)

I just think she has the least redeeming qualities of the cast tbh, always nice to know that I could end a round/match off of one hit confirm lol

The extra frame on the back/neutral (I think) jumps indirectly buffed her frame trap game though.

Skilletor

Looks like alex still has charge moves. He's still got stomps and his far MK.

Looks like he has everything except his ddt, which was useless anyway.

Steroyd

Is there some trick to Dhalism doing Ex Yoga flame to Ex Yoga Gale or am I just not executing right? I'm way to high in the air before Yoga Gale comes out and these trials have been easy so far in terms that I'm actually pulling them off with characters I hate using... Except FANG my ability to combo charge moves is horrific and couldn't do the first trial. :(

chairmanwow

Neo Member
Since Laura's trials aren't great, would anyone be so kind as to point me towards a better explanation of her bnb combos? Particularly the ones where you activate V-trigger midway through?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
asked it in other thread but no one replies so I assumed they doesn't know the answer.

I know it might sound silly but how can I join my friends' lobbies without any invitations?

Do anyone know? I tried to find a way to join my friend's room but I wouldn't able to do.

Shito

She's very high risk/reward and sometimes I feel like the risk isn't worth the reward.
No decent reversal or any way to get pressure off of you except for V-Reversal
okay normals
Her AA game is really weak, st.MP's hitbox for AA's isn't even as solid as some characters st.jabs lol, and HP Elbow often trades unless you do it at the top of their jump arc
No safe way to gain V-bar outside of getting hit
Most of her combos come from Counter hits or meaties
You really gotta hit confirm into LP bolt because if they block it you're pretty much giving up your turn right there and since she has no defense, it might take a while to get back to neutral (if the opponent knows what they're doing ofc)

I just think she has the least redeeming qualities of the cast tbh, always nice to know that I could end a round/match off of one hit confirm lol

The extra frame on the back/neutral (I think) jumps indirectly buffed her frame trap game though.
Figured as much, yeah.
I don't think her AAs are that weak, but I agree you have to use them very early for them to work: this means you have to be waiting for a jump rather than reacting to it, which is a bit of a weakness yeah.
All in all LP Bolt on guard is the safest way to get in on someone, but yeah that means you have to wait for your turn after that and if your opponent is smart he will take this opportunity to get away from you anyways.
So yeah, she has to take risks to get in and put her opponent down, which is when she really shines, and even then she still need to make the proper reads, so she's definitively a high risk character. I feel like usually the rewards are there, especially if you can vtrigger from it; once I lose that threat / damage output, I feel like I have way more trouble winning a round or making a come-back. That's why I'm very hesitant to use her v-reversal.
It seems to me she is all about movements and frame traps, and while I'm slowly getting better on the latter, I still suck quite a lot at properly using her vdashes to get in or retreat back to a safer spacing.

But yeah, she's all about taking risks and making reads.
Kinda like Makoto you can either totally wipe the floor with your opponent, or get obliterated...
She's really not the character to look for if you value consistency. ^^

mbpm1

yeah, i understand, i'm not saying they shouldn't release charge characters I just hate the mechanic. If you are a charge character, i won't play you, i was hyped for a new character and now to me it feels like they cancelled him and i probably won't get a new one until late may.

You can still have fun watching/fighting him

Anbec7

asked it in other thread but no one replies so I assumed they doesn't know the answer.

Do anyone know? I tried to find a way to join my friend's room but I wouldn't able to do.

You should be able to join if they invite you, did you add their CFN ? or maybe the lobbies are still giving issues
Or if you mean by searching.. then idk

Grimsen

So, Kingdaddypc ragequit instead of taking a second loss in ranked. I get so few ragequits, I thought I'd share it with everyone.

https://youtu.be/CF4JoDY6slM

The rematch option is fantastic, I just wish more high ranked players would accept rematches, it's great practice.

I get why they don't, though.

Laura's alt, hnnnggg. Think I'll pick her up again as a side character.
Since Laura's trials aren't great, would anyone be so kind as to point me towards a better explanation of her bnb combos? Particularly the ones where you activate V-trigger midway through?
This guy does some pretty good tutorials. I've learned a ton from him.

Finished the trails.

Boy are they terrible. It doesn't even teach you half the combos and most of them are just doing jump in fierce/roundhouse.

What Lab Zero doing? They could probably help them do tutorials and trials right instead of demonstrating with a video and implement the netcode properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom