• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm no Internet Lawyer but the files are on your PC through a patch they supplied to a product you own. I'm confused as to what they could do, you didn't sign some NDA.
Capcom could send a takedown request to YouTube, and Google would nuke his account in a split second. It wouldn't be the first time either.

Looks like alex has a parry. is that his v skill?
V-Trigger I believe. It's a lot like a focus attack in that you can hold it down and hit with a move that breaks guard.

His V-skill makes the next normal you hit a guaranteed counter hit. I believe he loses that though if he gets hit once after the vskill, much like R.Mika.

TheOGB

Banned
Started doing Ryu's trial first. I can't complete the 10th one. I keep getting stuck on the Denjin Reinki to Axe Kick, my Axe Kicks don't come out fast enough he keeps blocking before the connection. Just gotta time it right.

Overall the trails are pretty nice.
You actually have to walk forward half a step to get close enough to land both hits on the back+HK.

JayEH

Good lord, that lariat through Nash's CA had me shook

Anti infiltration tech.

V-Trigger I believe. It's a lot like a focus attack in that you can hold it down and hit with a move that breaks guard.

His V-skill makes the next normal you hit a guaranteed counter hit. I believe he loses that though if he gets hit once after the vskill, much like R.Mika.

Ah ok thanks. Giving one of the few SF3 characters who wasn't in 4 a focus attack seems appropriate lol.

Is everyone else experiencing terrible load times all the time now?

Yes, I been asking around about it too. Checking various streams looks like people on PC and PS4 the same.

Ridiculous load times.

Now on the black loading screen it shows two loading progress icons, the spinning circle with the dots and the flashing square. What!

It takes me 1min plus just to leave Trial mode and I have a beast pc with an ssd too. CAPCOM PLZ.

Man what is up with the game randomly locking in at 20fps. Started happening to me after the update. Most times it happens on the prematch VS screen and fixes in the fight, sometimes it continues for a whole round or two. This game is crazy!

Yes, I been asking around about it too. Checking various streams looks like people on PC and PS4 the same.

Ridiculous load times.

Now on the black loading screen it shows two loading progress icons, the spinning circle with the dots and the flashing square. What!

It takes me 1min plus just to leave Trial mode and I have a beast pc with an ssd too. CAPCOM PLZ.

Understood. Pack it in, guys. The "maintenance" broke the game. Let's all go to bed, pray that they fix it, and then pretend it never happened.

Rektash

Game continues to be an unmitigated disaster I see.

Well at least Capcom is working hard on putting the system in place that lets us spend more money on this product! They got their priorities right!
/s

JayEH

Game continues to be an unmitigated disaster I see.

Well at least Capcom is working hard on putting the system in place that lets us spend more money on this product! They got their priorities right!
/s

They can't even get the real money store ready by March. They're hopeless.

McNum

Looks like the game still crashes with a Wacom tablet plugged in. How does one leave a reproducible crash bug alive for over a month?

Secondly, DirectInput support is still missing. So if you buy a SFV branded FightStick, it still won't work natively with SFV on PC.

Come on, Capcom, you had two jobs. Both involving PC specific problems.

Looks like the game still crashes with a Wacom tablet plugged in. How does one leave a reproducible crash bug alive for over a month?

As far as I can tell, that is a OS level problem, so it is not clear what Capcom can do to fix it. If you search around a bit, you'll find that a bunch of games (old and new) are crashing in the same way because of this service. It's probably something that MS has to fix.

Secondly, DirectInput support is still missing. So if you buy a SFV branded FightStick, it still won't work natively with SFV on PC.

And you still cant bind keyboard buttons.

McNum

Ucchedavāda;199506808 said:
As far as I can tell, that is a OS level problem, so it is not clear what Capcom can do to fix it. If you search around a bit, you'll find that a bunch of games (old and new) are crashing in the same way because of this service. It's probably something that MS has to fix.
Oh, it affects more games? Well, I would say I'm surprised, but... Wacom's drivers always find new and impressive ways to disappoint me.

Ucchedavāda;199506808 said:
And you still cant bind keyboard buttons.
Really? I just used x360ce to get my fightstick running, so I never tried the keyboard controls. It's weird how so many basic PC requirements are just missing.

I want to like Street Fighter V. The fighting itself is awesome. But everything else sure is making that hard to do.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
How can some of you expect fixes for stuff they haven't even mentioned anywhere? It's Capcom we're talking about and they're obviously struggling with this game, expect the worst.

I'm actually just hoping that they do regular smaller patching outside of the big updates and we don't have to wait till june for even the slightest improvements.

They did say keyboard bindings and directinput is coming for PC. They just didn't say it's coming with the march update.
I didn't know that. Apparently they did in the Steam forums?

jediyoshi

/s

I don't follow. That was specifically put on hold over its original release, your statement would follow completely regardless of anything that happened with it at all.

McNum

Okay, thanks for the tip on which exact service it was that causes the crashing. ...now why a handwriting service would cause Street Fighter V to crash is wildly beyond my imagination, but I deactivated it, tested out that I still have pressure sensitivity on my tablet, and then told Windows to never, ever start TabletInputServce again. ...so I expect it to start up at next reboot anyway.

If I can set it up so I can have both the fightstick and the tablet plugged in side by side, I will have much less of a barrier from "I want to play Street Fighter" to actually doing so. Which is good.

Can’t win consistently with Ken man...

Think I need a new main, he is just too momentum heavy, almost seems like Ken play style is based off comebacks.

Might have to join the loathsome Karin army -_-

Think I need a new main, he is just too momentum heavy, almost seems like Ken play style is based off comebacks.

that's how I felt, seems to be more about pressure etc which is really reliant on Vtrigger

However, I know for a fact I wasn't making the most out of my combos,

I went to R Mika which is definitely the wrong move.

I'm having trouble doing Karin's 6th trial, I did the rest of her trials except that one. Any tips? The qcf + k -> p to qcf + k -> down p part is giving me a hard time. I kept watching the demo of that combo, and the thing I notice is that this person does an instant of those moves I just bolded. How do I do them instantly?
My reaction into doing one move to the next is very slow. I had trouble doing some of the trials with other characters.

FluxWaveZ

We need to have another actual set soon.

Constantly feeling like maybe Mika's just not the right character for me. She requires a pretty crazy playstyle that maybe isn't quite the right fit, but I can't tell if that's an excuse I'm making when I feel like I'm stagnating or if it's legit. I've been trying to learn Ryu a bit on the side so I can work on my fundamentals and see how it is to play an all-around character who actually has fireballs in a fighting game, for once.

Moaradin

Random Birdie took my points and ran. That feels bad.

The option to 2/3 is great though. Most people seem to do it, and you get points pretty quickly now.

How can some of you expect fixes for stuff they haven't even mentioned anywhere? It's Capcom we're talking about and they're obviously struggling with this game, expect the worst.

I'm actually just hoping that they do regular smaller patching outside of the big updates and we don't have to wait till june for even the slightest improvements.

I didn't know that. Apparently they did in the Steam forums?

Yup

Feature asks (PC):

Native DirectInput support - this was one of the more consistent requests we’ve received from the PC community. We realize many fans prefer to use their existing PS3/PS4 compatible Arcade Sticks on PC which are DirectInput-based, so we are actively looking into adding this feature in an upcoming patch. In the meantime, players can use popular XInput remapping tools such as the X360CE[www.x360ce.com].

Expanded key re-binding functionality - we are also looking into expanding key binding option to allow customers to freely map keys beyond the default B/N/M/,/H/J/K/L keys.

In-game language options - the currently set language is based on the Operating System’s UI language. We are looking into adding language options via the Steam client launcher in an upcoming patch.

Resolution Switching – current design requires users to cycle through each in-between resolution setting in order to arrive at a resolution of their choice. We’ll look into making this process much simpler and less time consuming in the future.
Lastly, we’ll provide another round of updates shortly, as soon as we have a solid timeline for when these feature additions will be ready. Please stay tuned!

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I'm having trouble doing Karin's 6th trial, I did the rest of her trials except that one. Any tips?
My reaction into doing one move to the next is very slow. I had trouble doing some of the trials with other characters.
For doing the just frame Tenko: listen to the sound she makes and how your opponent flips, that's the correct one. You pretty much have to plink kick and punch. But you have to cancel the cr.mk a little later than you might expect.

For hitting the Orochi afterwards: try to do qcf -> down and then the kick -> punch very quickly, again like a plink. That's the only reliable way to get it, I think.

I have problems with it, too. The Orochi (shoulder) just whiffs sometimes when it looks like it shouldn't. If someone has any more tips for it, I would appreciate it.

FluxWaveZ

Ok that's cool. So if I lose the first and win the second, I neither gain nor lose points.

What about if I win both, do I get double the points?

The 2/3 part doesn't affect anything; everything is treated as individual matches. If you go against a player who you would normally only win 10 LP against and lose 70 LP against, you'll come out with a 50 LP deficit if you won 2 matches and lost 1 of them in the set.

The 2/3 part doesn't affect anything; everything is treated as individual matches. If you go against a player who you would normally only win 10 LP against and lose 70 LP against, you'll come out with a 50 LP deficit if you won 2 matches and lost 1 of them in the set.
OK, that's cool. thanks.

SlimXx

image.php

;_;

Lol Karin is even more work to win with in the higher leagues. You can get away with murder in Bronze League though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom