• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shito

Yeah, I'm pretty sure those costumes that popped up yesterday are to be bought with zennies.
Don't expect to access them tomorrow guys.

airjoca

Considering Zennies aren't available yet, and the poor launch of the game, Capcom should allow us to buy this first batch of Premium costumes with regular FM.

Don't you get also at least one level per character from doing them? So it is almost 100k then from doing all of them.

You do certainly get exp, but i'm not sure if the 80k is what you get in total or that's just what the mode itself gives you. Some clarification would be nice.

EDIT: So you do get 80k in total, if what Ucchedavāda is saying is accurate.

Don't you get also at least one level per character from doing them? So it is almost 100k then from doing all of them.

If I recall correctly, you get a 3k FM bonus for 100% a character's trials. The rest of the FM you get is from the EXP bonus that you also get, and will therefore depend on the level of the character you are playing. Which makes it more useful for those of us who don't want to spend time in survival mode, and who therefore get more level ups from that EXP.

him still having charge moves deflates my hype to absolute zero.
next one will probably be Guile no? will take months before we get a non charge character.

interesting that they went out of their way to reduce charge characters and most of their DLC will be charge characters.

Mupod

I expect Urien to get the Vega treatment at least - from what I understand, him losing charge partitioning would severely impact his gameplay anyways (I never played Urien much). I can't imagine them changing Guile EVER, but Balrog is up in the air.

next one will probably be Guile no? will take months before we get a non charge character.

interesting that they went out of their way to reduce charge characters and most of their DLC will be charge characters.
Different strokes and everything but him being a charge character got me more hyped than I usually would be.

Different strokes and everything but him being a charge character got me more hyped than I usually would be.

yeah, i understand, i'm not saying they shouldn't release charge characters I just hate the mechanic. If you are a charge character, i won't play you, i was hyped for a new character and now to me it feels like they cancelled him and i probably won't get a new one until late may.

I'm happy to see more charge characters.
It helps differentiate the feel / play-style of a character, and it's not like we have those ridiculous delta-motion charge ultras in this game, so my one complaint has been addressed.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I knew there was some commitment to charge characters when they made Necalli one. During SF4's lifetime there were years of content without any new ones, I think they actually disliked the concept. Decapre being the big late exception.

Rektash

So, am I the only one here who shelled out the 30$ for the season pass? Personally, I am fulltime employed and can't really sink in enough time to grind enough FM for stuff like characters. Earning money in RL is a lot easier than grinding stuff for FM, thats for sure.

Doesn't help that I am a sucker for cosmetic stuff. Just can't resist buying outfits that I think are good looking. Can't waste my FM for stuff like characters.

So, am I the only one here who shelled out the 30$ for the season pass? Personally, I am fulltime employed and can't really sink in enough time to grind enough FM for stuff like characters. Earning money in RL is a lot easier than grinding stuff for FM, thats for sure.

Doesn't help that I am a sucker for cosmetic stuff. Just can't resist buying outfits that I think are good looking. Can't waste my FM for stuff like characters.
I'm right there with you friend, was gonna get at least 4 of the DLC characters anyway and this way I get to save my FM for costumes/colors and future characters

Scotia

Banned

No, I got it too. I'm a sucker for the cosmetic stuff and it means I don't have to pay for any of the DLC characters premium outfits. Plus we get a new stage which is sweet. I might do the same for season 2, but it depends if the characters interest me or not.

MadGear

So, is it correct that they wont give us free access to the DLC characters in training mode? I don't like this at all. Sure framedata will be available to everyone but not being able to properly train to punish them just sucks.

I-hate-u

So, is it correct that they wont give us free access to the DLC characters in training mode? I don't like this at all. Sure framedata will be available to everyone but not being able to properly train to punish them just sucks.

Agreed there. That's why I don't like this type of model for fighters.

Zerojul

Got it too. With a full-time job and a kid I don't have time to grind and it seems to me it's good value. Will probably do the same for the next season (seasons, hopefully) and use FM for colors and stuff.

Rektash

Oh, I never even thought about this! That would suck indeed as going into training mode and figuring out how to punish things is a pretty central step in learning matchups. I wouldn't be suprised if they don't allow it though. They want you to buy characters even if you aren't interested in playing them.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
The only reason I didn't get the season pass is that I don't plan on actually playing most of the DLC characters. Getting enough Fight Money for 2 or 3 is pretty easy, without the need for grind.

Still haven't seen it. Anyone know the stipulations, just break through to the restaurant then finish them with a powerful move against the left wall?
Doesn't need to be a powerful move, just a move that pushes them back. One round needs to have it done on the left of the stage to unlock the restaurant then either the second or third round has the same thing to get the noodle bowl.

Xhorder

Nope... bought it last weekend for 25 euro. I'll spend my fight money on colors and outfits. I won't be able to buy all characters anyway with just fight money since right now I can almost buy four... and no outfits... but for more FM I need to complete all trials and even worse: go through survival a million times. No thank you.

Hex

Banned

Nope, it is in my opinion the best way to go.
That way the characters and their costume is coverered and I can spend my fight money on other things.

Ohnonono

I blew through Necalli's trials really easy. I guess that is what happens when this stuff comes out after people have already gone and figured out combos. Also most of what they have for him is not even optimal stuff.

Mupod

I play on PS4 and PC which is keeping me away from the season pass but the way I see it, this way might be easier in the long run. For characters I don't plan on using regularly I'll only get them on one platform - Alex is so far the only one I'm definitely getting on both. Assuming we ever get daily challenges before the end of time I won't be 'time gated' on FM gains very much. I'm not exactly overflowing with free time these days but I really want those in so I have a reason to load the game up other than just practice.

Looks like the game still crashes with a Wacom tablet plugged in. How does one leave a reproducible crash bug alive for over a month?

Weird, I have a wacom plugged in at all times and the game has never crashed, doesn't sound the bug is that easy to isolate.

Owensboro

Siiiiiiigh. My "Favorites" menu still isn't fixed and shows no one regardless of what I do. Anyone found a fix for this yet on PSN? I also still can't get any experience on Easy Survival for 6 characters (goodbye easy FM).

Anyone know a way to reset your game short of just starting a new account? I really don't want to do that.

I've beaten 2/3rds of the trials. Pretty easy in this game.

Honestly, I'm really loving how "do-able" the trails are in this game. Only had time to do Gief, Ken, and Ryu last night but my experience trying them out was a million times better than SFIV's "How the fuck are you supposed to do this?" over and over (hint, use the corner for everything). The demonstration option freaking rocks, and it not just showing the computer's inputs leaves the mode feeling more puzzle-ish (Ryu's last trail, with the step forward after CC was a great "Ah-ha!" moment).

Now I just want my damn Favorites menu and Easy Survival fightmoney fixed!

EX command grab:
JNsfwlX.gif

Yo that animation is siiiiiiick. Garrett, you're freaking awesome for figuring out how to get all this working before release. Each new post of yours is a joy to see.

Weird, I have a wacom plugged in at all times and the game has never crashed, doesn't sound the bug is that easy to isolate.
It's caused by a program called Tabtip.exe. It might just be a Windows 10 thing. I don't even have a Wacom and I've got this issue. You just need to end that program before running the game, so it's a little annoying that they haven't addressed it.

Shito

And it's 5k per character which is 5k x 16=80,000 FM total
Pretty sure it's only 3k, plus the number of levels you gained on that character x1k.
I had Laura at level 20, completing them made me level up to 21, and I had two messages in my message log, one crediting me with 3k, and the other one 1k from the level up.

Zerojul

Pretty sure it's only 3k, plus the number of levels you gained on that character x1k.
I had Laura at level 20, completing them made me level up to 21, and I had two messages in my message log, one crediting me with 3k, and the other one 1k from the level up.
Any idea how much exp you gained in the process ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom