• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellsing

Is the store accessible yet? It's telling me that "your selection is current unavailable" whenever I click it. I just want some alt costumes!

Wednesday

The second drop will take place on March 30 (WED) at 10AM PT and contains the following content:

Alex + related character story content
In-Game Shop
Fight Money Expenditure: Spend your hard earned Fight Money to purchase extra game content, such as DLC characters (100,000 FM each) and the Story Mode Costumes (40,000 FM each).

Grifter

Frustrated in my game right now. I've attended 5(?) small tourneys (25-60 entrants) since launch and it's been boom or bust - either winning or not placing at all. Mainly bust since switching from Chun to Karin, but that's coming together.

Confounding thing is that I've lost to players that I've never come close to struggling against in tourneys for any other game, yet I've also beaten players I've had prior tourney losing streaks against. Games can turn quick and I'm kinda yearning for 3/5 game sets.

Anyhow, I'm finding that I really need to work on that match-up against Chun if anyone's up for lounge some time.

f3rD21y.jpg

Thank you PC mod community. Done by PFunk who did the Q mod.

LakeEarth

For Rashid they don't touch upon a single BNB. It's full of max punish combos and other nonsense. There are perhaps two or three combos in there that you might use, but none of them are the cornerstones of his gameplan.

They really should teach some practical confirms, and counterhit combos, for every character.
Yeah Rashid's trials had some pretty odd choices for combos. For example, there's a combo where you go from s.mp to c.lp... why would you ever do that when s.mp to c.mk works? It reaches further, it does more damage itself AND combos into a light eagle spike.

Pompadour

While doing the trials, I have huge newfound respect for Karin players.

They didn't even include her hardest, practical combos. It's a little odd SF4 trials were filled with hand-breaking combos you would never use in a real match and SFV is missing a few difficult but very useful ones.

RS4-

Lol the trials for Karin and Laura are fucked up with the commands.

Laura for example
s.rh
qcf+p
qcf+p ~ k

So if you've never used her before, it looks like you do the elbow, into something else then kick.

Really it's just s.rh, qcf+p ~ k.

Same with Karin.

Shito

I get the feeling Capcom saw the combos on YouTube and just put those in. Trials are easy as hell but then again, this game barely has a fun and and crazy combo system like SFIV.
Hahahahaha.
Yeah, no.
I've never played a fighting game where I felt like I was fighting against the game more than I was my opponent...

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
These Mika trials are a joke. Not only where they easy, I've actually found better combos on my own. :p

I gave up on the last one after like a 100 tries. I can't combo anything to save my life.

Dremark

Banned
I think they go over useful things for novices but the problem is that this shit should have been in at launch and everyone who is still playing this game knows all of this stuff already.

Like if I went through Vega's tutorial on February 16 and saw "hey Vega's V-Trigger can combo into his super" that would've been good but I've known that for six weeks now

I don't think it's a very well kept secret that the game was rushed and is missing a lot of stuff that should been there day one.

Pompadour

Lol the trials for Mika and Laura are fucked up with the commands.

Laura for example
s.rh
qcf+p
qcf+p ~ k

So if you've never used her before, it looks like you do the elbow, into something else then kick.

Same with Karin.

Yeah, this is completely true. I recommend people to watch the demonstration because some of the combo notation is bizarre. A few Karin combos made me think they wanted two command dashes in a row instead of one but with a follow up.

Whales

Banned
Not gonna lie, I did find some of the trials useful.

For example, ryu crush counter combos that i've never thought off. Those are cool.

Then you have Rashids where they want you to link fucking everything with his f.mp... and you have to wait a little bit too, you can't make it come out straight away or else it misses. Annoying af

For example, ryu crush counter combos that i've never thought off. Those are cool.

Then you have Rashids where they want you to link fucking everything with his f.mp... and you wait to wait a little bit too, you can't make it come out straight away or else it misses. Annoying af
Unrelated to everything but congrats on becoming a full-fledged member :)

Alucrid

Banned

Then you have Rashids where they want you to link fucking everything with his f.mp... and you wait to wait a little bit too, you can't make it come out straight away or else it misses. Annoying af

eh, don't most rys use the hk hk crush counters?

Skilletor

eh, don't most rys use the hk hk crush counters?

Not everybody is scouring the internet for vids and combos on the characters they play. If you're low rank, you're not playing against a lot of people that would be doing that stuff, most likely.

These are great trials because they're practical. There's a lot of better stuff out there, but the people that want it will know how to find it. This is good for the entry level player to get there feet wet at the possibilities of the combo system.

Also, hilarious to me that after years of many people bitching about how convoluted and stupid the SF4 trials were, that we have people (not the same people, I know) saying the opposite about SF5. I don't think there's a middle ground for this game. It's easy. Execution and long combos aren't one of the draws of the game.

can someone please explain what Alex's "overhaul" move does? His mP+mK
Makes his next attack a guaranteed counter hit. So you could do the V-skill and then get a guaranteed crush counter if the CC normal hits.

You lose it if you get hit before landing the normal or if it gets blocked.

LakeEarth

Then you have Rashids where they want you to link fucking everything with his f.mp... and you have to wait a little bit too, you can't make it come out straight away or else it misses. Annoying af

Well landing f.mp xx eagle spike off of a s.hk crush counter (trial #5 and 9) is actually really important. Rashid has problems with getting damage, so getting the timing on getting the timing down is recommended.

Combo #8 is just ridiculous nonsense though.

Kureransu

can someone please explain what Alex's "overhaul" move does? His mP+mK

From Haunt's Blog:

Haunts said:
Alex stretches and gets ready to land the next killer blow. Once Alex finishes his animation, the very next attack he pulls off will count as a hard hit and damage the opponent as if they were counter attacked. If that attack misses or is blocked however, he loses the hard hit bonus.

EDIT: I'm slow

KingBroly

Banned
Lol the trials for Karin and Laura are fucked up with the commands.

Laura for example
s.rh
qcf+p
qcf+p ~ k

Same with Karin.

It's like that with every character.

BiggNife

I don't think it's a very well kept secret that the game was rushed and is missing a lot of stuff that should been there day one.

Well, yeah. Never said it was a secret.

Just saying I don't think anything is actually wrong with the Challenges but they would've made a much bigger impact on Day 1 as they were probably intended to.

If you're wanting to make a trailer for Capcom then I'd use his new theme Jazzy NYC 16. It's up to you though.
Hmmm, I've watched some of the SFV reveal trailers so that I could make mine as close as possible and they're not using character themes - it's usually licensed music. But as I have no idea what to do for this I thought I would use the 99 one suggested as a nice throwback :)

Scotia

Banned
Hmmm, I've watched some of the SFV reveal trailers so that I could make mine as close as possible and they're not using character themes - it's usually licensed music. But as I have no idea what to do for this I thought I would use the 99 one suggested as a nice throwback :)

In that case yeah go for 99.

Large picture coming
rqwafcX.jpg

This looks like someone photoshopped an SF4 model and put it in the game. I know people like Alex's 3 design but don't resort to terrible looking models.

RS4-

The hardest is trial 6 and pretty much nobody I know does a shoulder after tenko. They either do another (for damage) or v-skill / light kicks for a setup.

This is the only one I'm missing. It's inconsistent as fuck for me.

edit - I take it back, 8 is weird as well with the notations and not working

This looks like someone photoshopped an SF4 model and put it in the game. I know people like Alex's 3 design but don't resort to terrible looking models.
They did actually make the model as an SFIV mod so I'm surprised they're posting it so quickly, would've thought they'd tweak it more to suit V's art style. Still pretty impressive tho when you consider it's from scratch!

Scotia

Banned
They did actually make the model as an SFIV mod so I'm surprised they're posting it so quickly, would've thought they'd tweak it more to suit V's art style. Still pretty impressive tho when you consider it's from scratch!

Oh yeah that is impressive, but I'd rather use his SFV default and alternates or wait for a better model than use that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom