• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hadn't played in a few weeks, so I dunno if this normal. Every match I played last night, the connection started off like slow-mo and then would transition to perfectly fine after the first round and stayed fine even after rematches. The issue would only occur during the first round. Is this a thing?

Zerojul

God some French translations they used for those tutorials are downright terrible. What was wrong with keeping "backdash" ? Dumb stuff.

Shito

God some French translations they used for those tutorials are downright terrible. What was wrong with keeping "backdash" ? Dumb stuff.
Was just talking about this with a friend who is doing games translations as his job. This one point with "dash" and "backdash" is really tricky, because there doesn't seem to be any elegant French translation for these terms, and if you keep the english lingo you open yourself to taking the easy road for every other specific term afterwards.

Still, this sentence really gets me, looks like some Kaamelott dialogue haha. ^^

MZmXPDy.jpg

[EDIT]

holy shit ! Command throw = Projections de coups spéciaux
MAIS NON

Hahahahaha

Oh yeah that is impressive, but I'd rather use his SFV default and alternates or wait for a better model than use that one.
The shit they gave us was garbage tho. I'm pretty sure this is still a workin progress and he was just shoeing progress. I mean this is the same guy who did the Q mod so we know what to expect in quality

Zerojul

My french console is set to english for a reason lol.
Yeah I think I'll set mine to japanese and call it a day.

Was just talking about this with a friend who is doing games translations as his job. This one point with "dash" and "backdash" is really tricky, because there doesn't seem to be any elegant French translation for these terms, and if you keep the english lingo you open yourself to taking the easy road for every other specific term afterwards.
"Dash arrière" and "Dash avant" would have done the trick nicely to me but heh, I used to translate stuff from Japanese to French and I know it's not an easy task. Still stuff like that :
Still, this sentence really gets me, looks like some Kaamelott dialogue haha. ^^

MZmXPDy.jpg

[EDIT]

Hahahahaha

Yeah that's Perceval level of nonsense right here lol.

Scotia

Banned
The shit they gave us was garbage tho. I'm pretty sure this is still a workin progress and he was just shoeing progress. I mean this is the same guy who did the Q mod so we know what to expect in quality

Different strokes for different people and all that but I'd happily take Alex's SFV costumes than this model. It might look better in time, but this is a straight rip of the Alex/Abel mod from SF4 and looking at it now it looks bad.

Bydobob

For someone who was struggling to learn new combos, this Challenge mode has been a godsend. I'm able to mix it up far better now in a match.

Shito

"Dash arrière" and "Dash avant" would have done the trick nicely to me but heh, I used to translate stuff from Japanese to French and I know it's not an easy task. Still stuff like that :

Yeah that's Perceval level of nonsense right here lol.
Yeah, you can tell the guys who did the translations didn't understand what they were translating at all. ^^

Different strokes for different people and all that but I'd happily take Alex's SFV costumes than this model. It might look better in time, but this is a straight rip of the Alex/Abel mod from SF4 and it looking at it now it looks bad.
Well let's see what it looks like when he releases it. I'll gladly use it as is compared to what was given so it is what it is

Durden77

I like the modded Alex better because of the hair. Obviously it needs some tuning though.

I wish Alex's default had the hair...I like his backwards cap alt but it's dumb that he's barefoot. Want them boots.

tariniel

I've done 9 characters combo trials and they've all be very easy, sadly. I guess it comes with the territory since there aren't very many hard combos in the game at all.

The thing I liked about Sf4 trials was that they were hard enough that I could chip away at them over months whenever I felt like, go practice and see if I could get that trial. But I could have finished all of SFV's last night if I felt like it...

Other than that, I REALLY like the 2/3 rematch option. I haven't tried it in ranked, but in casual almost everyone agrees and it just feels so much better than 1 and done.

i dont get it. Is Alex available or what?

the month of March has has 3 days left in the calendar

explain to me how you are accessing Alex and the costumes?

I find it kinda lazy that he has the exact same parry/animation/sound as Ryu's lol

That's actually the stance Alex takes when parrying an attack in 3s. And parry is a mechanic, not an individual move. It would be weird if he got his own VFX flair for his own animation when its mechanically identical to another parry in the game. It would be as if an ex move didn't flash yellow.

Pejo

Yeesh, only 1000 FM for completing all 10 character trials. Not that they were super difficult, certainly nowhere near the Blazblue ones for instance, but still. I was really hoping for more as a Necalli main. Pretty much every combo it taught me was off a jump-in or crush counter. Teach me other ways to get in, Capcom!

Zerojul

Can someone explain this, please?

In the parodic and vastly popular French show "Kaamelot", Perceval is as dumb as it gets and doesn't understand any slightly complicated words.
Yet he insists on using them anyway, leading to some sentences - like the one I was quoting in my post - which make absolutely no sense.

Yeesh, only 1000 FM for completing all 10 character trials. Not that they were super difficult, certainly nowhere near the Blazblue ones for instance, but still. I was really hoping for more as a Necalli main. Pretty much every combo it taught me was off a jump-in or crush counter. Teach me other ways to get in, Capcom!

On the bright side you get 11k if you have never used/leveled up a character. I got about 130k just doing trials for characters I never used before.

LakeEarth

Looks like the meter refills a little with each successful parry then it drains normally when he isn't.

I might've misread that. I thought he might just have v-meter set to refill in training. But it makes sense since Ryu's parry would refill his meter if it was active.

Capcom needs to improve communication skills, simple Google searches does not lead to a character release date

like Alex says in 3rd Strike "weak"

March they said, March they said. LOL the freakin last day of the month, not even a Tuesday

i'm pretty sure Alex is still coming out in March

Can anyone offer some training tips that will produce results? I'm not new to SF just competitive play, and I'm not too sure what I should be doing in training mode.

HardRojo

Capcom needs to improve communication skills, simple Google searches does not lead to a character release date

like Alex says in 3rd Strike "weak"

March they said, March they said. LOL the freakin last day of the month, not even a Tuesday
They had a blog entry last week detailing the plans for this week's update.

Xeteh

Man, Dhalsim's trials include at least two that require you to s.lk in to ex hcb.p

Why is this so hard to do? I got it once but every other time I get blocked. I'm too slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom