• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renekton

I'd say Sako playing Chun has more to do with how technical she is in this game (compared to the rest of the cast) than how good she is.

Not that she isn't good (best character, imo), just that a player like Sako is probably having fun with all the tools Chun has.
Sako is the ultimate SF hipster. He uncovers OPs and quits when people start jumping on board. Example: Cammy, Evil Ryu, Elena

TacosNSalsa

Wow..I'm amazed at how quickly the dust builds up in this game ! I took about 3 days off from playing people , I played yesterday and went on a 8 game losing streak. I swear it feels like every minute not playing this game I'm getting worse .

Rektash

Where are you europe :(?

I have been sitting here waiting for a match to pop but nothing has been happening for the past 5 minutes. Game this dead already?

Was Alex's V-Reversal already posted in this thread? If not, here.

dJP7FQE.jpg

Joudan?

Rektash

I get one like every 30s waiting in training room in Europe

Yeah, it seems to have fixed itself after I got a match after waiting for like 10 minutes ... only to get a laggy as fuck 5 bar match that endet in a 10007 error. Man, this game sometimes.

Frog'd

Neo Member
So anyone who cannot create a lobby (getting the disconnect after 1min or so), could you check your fighter profile and see if that is bugged for you, too?

That seems to be the reason...

My friend and I have the same problem (PS4). One of us has to go on an alt account and create the lobby if we want to play each other.

Easy - Make Necalli come to you. You'd be amazed at how much damage he has to eat when trying to get in. I have a mediocre Necalli u can run some sets against tomorrow if you want.

Are you in EU? Some practice would be good. But yeah, my Rashid was too aggressive. Though I'm always uncomfortable holding people out with him as I do not like his anti-air options or fireballs. The tornado shot is super punishable, and the anti-airs trade. So either of which can be pretty high risk.

Sayad

Sako is the ultimate SF hipster. He uncovers OPs and quits when people start jumping on board. Example: Cammy, Evil Ryu, Elena
He does that, but he dropped Cammy when her Super bullshit TKs were taken out of the game, people didn't really jump on the Cammy train until her unblockables during AE.

Also, did he drop Elena and E-Ryu? I thought those were his mains during SFIV's last EVO.

I know Ken doesnt have it, who else doesnt?
I think only Chun, Vega and Nash does, Gief have air command throw while Mika and Laura have anti-air command throws.

Mediking

WOW.

WE CAN RASHID TO THE AMAZING LIST.

THIS MAN HAS THE TOOLS TO FIGHT BACK AGAINST PRESSURE.

CAMMY, KARIN, AND RASHID ARE FREAKING AMAZING.

Skilletor

Sucks that they're probably going to replace it with some stubby kick. Too bad because I was looking forward to making Nash and Bison's lives hell with st.MK.

He had two medium kicks. It'll probably be the knee.

That's fine, though, since his c.mk was a great poke (if they keep it).

Sayad

just beat a Vega, by CA, and he didn't have that mask to (Thomas Middleditch) "protect my beautiful face" but he had his Clau
Claw falls when Vega take about 75% damage with the claw on, damage taken while not in claw stance doesn't count toward that, so it's possible for Vega to lose 100% of hp without losing the claw.

I just quit my first match ;-;

I've never seen anything like it. The the game was stuttering like hell, and running in slow-motion, so I quit after about 5 seconds. Surprisingly I did not see any roll-backs in the little time I let it run, so perhaps the other person was simply trying to run the game on a toaster, and what I saw was what happened when the two games tried to keep up.

In any case, if Capcom wants to take my LP for that, then they can go ahead. I'd rather lose what little LP I have than sit through 2 rounds of that!

Celcius

°Temp. member
Those of you playing on PC, none of you are using a dualshock 4 wireless right? I have to connect mine via usb or the lag and connectivity dropouts make it unusable.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
I know taunting has been a point of contention for some people but man, it is so damn good when used effectively.

Last night, I ran a FT3 Battle Lounge with my best friend, 14 sets total. These were super intense matches, EPIC battles, really, because we have been playing each other to a standstill for the better part of the last 20+ years.

He hates Bison in V, mostly thanks to me. He hates his CA, the "Purple Sphere of Influence", as I like to call it. He gets pissed at his non-meaty cross-ups getting the business end of Psycho Powa.

So of course, in one of the handful of rounds where I am putting it on him, just going all Bison on his Chun, where he has no answer, I catch him with Bison's CA, knock him into a corner and stand in the middle of the stage and taunt. What does he do? Gets up to charge at me. What ends up happening? An LP Devil's Reverse sweetly placed right on his low-attacking limb for the win. I mean, the whole round was stylish as fuck for me, but to end it with a taunt and that perfectly set-up Devil's Reverse was just THE SHIT. GODDAMN I'M AMPED JUST REMEMBERING IT.

Another perfect example of stylish as fuck taunting was when my Ryu had his Gief stuck in the corner after pressing him all round. I get him dizzy there and nail a jump-in FK, standing MP, cr. FP>Hadoken>Shin Hadoken. Then I stand right in front of Gief's body and taunt, no fucks given. So close I can just hear my friend furiously spamming a 720 motion on wake-up. Instead, I cut the taunt off before completion and neutral jump as soon as I sense him stirring and come down with a FP on Gief's noggin for the win, as he left clutching at the air. SO DAMN GOOD.

So for those that maybe questioned the inclusion of taunts, or their liberal use, trust me. They are part of what makes fighting games great.

Ucchedavāda;198216437 said:
I just quit my first match ;-;
Yeah, you're probably not gonna lose LP for that.

I know taunting has been a point of contention for some people but man, it is so damn good when used effectively.So for those that maybe questioned the inclusion of taunts, or their liberal use, trust me. They are part of what makes fighting games great.
I agree wholeheartedly. I even had a similar experience playing as FANG where I started taunting when my enemy was poisoned, full screen away and a single jab away from losing. I just cancelled into my poison "fireballs" right after the "Oh my my!" and it hit him when he jumped :D So much fun!.

He had two medium kicks. It'll probably be the knee.

That's fine, though, since his c.mk was a great poke (if they keep it).
Eh, Karin would certainly be a worse character if they remove her st.mk and leave her only with cr.mk. The difference between Alex's medium kicks is even more drastic imo. The V-Reversal mechanic really seemed like a good chance to make his spiral DDT command grab useful instead.

Bluenoser

Anyone else find it really hard to reliably pull off cancels with a PS4 pad? I can do it sometimes while training but not consistently, and often it leads to performing my CA instead of the move I'm trying to do, like DP for example. Considering almost all the good combos (at least with Ryu) involve quick execution of a cancel into special, I'm getting frustrated. May have to stick to a mostly boring defensive footsie game.

Anyone else find it really hard to reliably pull off cancels with a PS4 pad? I can do it sometimes while training but not consistently, and often it leads to performing my CA instead of the move I'm trying to do, like DP for example. Considering almost all the good combos (at least with Ryu) involve quick execution of a cancel into special, I'm getting frustrated. May have to stick to a mostly boring defensive footsie game.
I play with the DS4 and it took some practice to nail down the execution but I can now do it consistently. For cr.hp xx shoryuken xx CA, try doing df.hp instead of just d.hp. It helped.

ElFly

Is it just me or Ryu's j MP (the double punch) is a hard knockdown?

That must be a bug, right?

e: testing it, I am wrong, never mind. must not have pressed right....many times during my ryu fights?

My friend and I have the same problem (PS4). One of us has to go on an alt account and create the lobby if we want to play each other.
Mine isn't, but I seem to be in the minority. Haven't been able to create a lounge since the last update. Very pissed off.

I can't beat Laura's online with Rashid, it feels like I have very few answers to the character. I have no good tools to keep her out, because she can just burn through my whirlwind shots, my anti-airs aren't the best, and Rashid's footsies are mediocre at best, far worse than Laura's, and I don't want to get close to her because her frametraps and 50/50 command grab setups lead to more damage with less risk than any similar situation I can place her in. Worse still, I don't have a good reversal without meter so it's much harder than it would be for others like Ryu, Ken, Cammy, Necalli, etc.

It feels like 7:3. Someone tell me I'm wrong?

I can't beat Laura's online with Rashid, it feels like I have very few answers to the character. I have no good tools to keep her out, because she can just burn through my whirlwind shots, my anti-airs aren't the best, and Rashid's footsies are mediocre at best, far worse than Laura's, and I don't want to get close to her because her frametraps and 50/50 command grab setups lead to more damage with less risk than any similar situation I can place her in. Worse still, I don't have a good reversal without meter so it's much harder than it would be for others like Ryu, Ken, Cammy, Necalli, etc.

It feels like 7:3. Someone tell me I'm wrong?
I'm not a rashid player myself but it feels like either you just put on constant pressure on Laura or you play reactionary. She has the advantage in a neutral, footsie situation because of her EX shoulder which is almost always a threat.

Wow..I'm amazed at how quickly the dust builds up in this game ! I took about 3 days off from playing people , I played yesterday and went on a 8 game losing streak. I swear it feels like every minute not playing this game I'm getting worse .

I feel that way about other games. Especially if they have unique control schemes compared to others within the genre.

I hate playing with cold hands too. It feels like they are going 1MPH and just all around weird.

Skilletor

Eh, Karin would certainly be a worse character if they remove her st.mk and leave her only with cr.mk. The difference between Alex's medium kicks is even more drastic imo. The V-Reversal mechanic really seemed like a good chance to make his spiral DDT command grab useful instead.

Yeah, I agree, but Karin's s.mk was her only s.mk in Alpha 3. Alex had two medium kicks in SF3. And honestly, looking at how big he is and how much range that move would have, it's reaching Dhalsim levels and I think it would be silly for him to have a medium attack with that much range.

LakeEarth

I feel bad. I faced an 11 win streak ultra bronze, and thinking for sure he was a dropper, toyed with him and taunted.

Then he didn't drop. Feels bad man.

Yeah, I agree, but Karin's s.mk was her only s.mk in Alpha 3. Alex had two medium kicks in SF3. And honestly, looking at how big he is and how much range that move would have, it's reaching Dhalsim levels and I think it would be silly for him to have a medium attack with that much range.
I know and it would have been so awesome, but it being removed definitely isn't a deal breaker. I'm going to ohohoho if he turns out bottom tier again, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom