• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone wants to fight with me?
I am little above average Ryu player.
2300LP
Room is open and password is 6633
Fighter ID is BakedTanooki
Location is Europe / Germany
Everyone is welcome :)

Middle East gaf: are you finding matches? I've been waiting for long stretches of time and nothing.
From Pakistan and searches can take up to 10-30 minutes and even then I only seem to get matched up with 3 or 4 unique people. If I'm lucky then I'll just keep getting matched up with the same person over and over.

Baleoce

Is there a particular reason why this game doesn't support borderless fullscree?

No idea. But you can use an application called Borderless Gaming, and that works perfectly. You can either get it off the github page, or buy it off steam for about £2.30

kage

From Pakistan and searches can take up to 10-30 minutes and even then I only seem to get matched up with 3 or 4 unique people. If I'm lucky then I'll just keep getting matched up with the same person over and over.

Is this new? I was getting frequent matches a few days ago. What happened?

Dubz

lol

I would say a few things. Don't mash short/jab on wake up you will get whiff punished with chars with better normals. Don't always go for tick throws on jump ins. Have a block string . The flying kick can be punished everytime with Mika's medium butt attack so if you run into someone else that can punish it I would be wary. Not sure how many know that though. And don't just throw out attacks in neutral. You just ended up throwing an unsafe move.

I would mix in a throw when you do your rolling v skill, it can be hard to react to. You spinning mixer should be relatively safe if you don't do the mash out version, you got whipped a few times because you tried to press another button after it was blocked instead of just being patient.

A lot of it is just down to your needing to press buttons when you don't need to and being able to think things out better when on the defensive. You can't just always go on instinct, you just ended up getting more damage from reset set-ups because you just froze up. And have better punishes when my slide or irish whip get blocked. A lot of free big damage was left on the table

Thanks for the Rashid games. I need more exp in it.
Thanks for all of the advice, I will definitely work on my button presses. I do need to learn block strings with Rashid, and I also felt like I didn't really have a plan of attack against Mika. I'm not use to playing her, and I had a hard time figuring out what was punishable.

Thanks again for the games.

Is this new? I was getting frequent matches a few days ago. What happened?
Well, I've had this issue 3 days since the game's release. Literally everyone else I know here has had the same issue, difference it they had the issue in the last beta as well, while things worked well for me during then at least.

Sheroking

Literally everyone I've played in weeks, regardless of rank, is falling for the D+P rekka follow-up.

It's the only follow-up that's plus on block. If you press a button after, I will counter hit you with jab and get 200-400 damage depending on how much meter I want to burn. If you want to stop it, it's not a block string. You can mash after the second Rekka hit.

It's just funny how much carry I'm getting off of her V-trigger lately.

JayEH

Alright I'm finally working on some proper crush counter combos. Have always been going really safe (s HK, DP with ryu) but I need to be taking advantage of them more. Also trying to use v trigger cancels in combos as well. Those can look real sexy if done right.

Finally managed to hit Gold after blowing three other matches that would have put in in today alone. I'm glad I didn't fall into a salty spiral like I did a week ago when I chocked on a match that would have put me in Gold. Maybe I'll avoid ranked for a while and train so I don't lose to people who try to do random sweeps against Cammy.
CdXVQHlXIAEcb7O.jpg:large

jett

D-Member
Just beat the lamest Ultra Bronze Gief with nothing but pokes from my Chun. Don't really get how he got 1500 LPs.

Did you add the n to the ini?

huh?

No idea. But you can use an application called Borderless Gaming, and that works perfectly. You can either get it off the github page, or buy it off steam for about £2.30

Okay, thanks. Wish there was a way to make the game default to a specific screen as well. :p

jett

D-Member
Wish I could message this PS4 dude that just hang back the entire match with Karin, even when I had the life lead, lol. Why would you even play like this?

『Inaba Resident』;198220532 said:
Been looking to double dip and CDkeys has the PC version for $35. Should I go for it?
If you're already played it on PS4 then you can probably answer that question yourself. Wouldn't recommend it myself unless you need a PC copy for locals/tournaments/streaming. Since you can't use the same account on two separate platforms, any DLC items/characters might start to become an issue later on.

EDIT: If you were asking about the place you're getting it from and not the whole double dipping thing, then CDkeys is a decent site to get it. I got JC3 from that site and everything went without a hitch.

LegendX48

Been looking to double dip and CDkeys has the PC version for $35. Should I go for it?

I double dipped and am moderately happy, though I got it for $44.99 from green man gaming. Been sticking with Laura on PS4 and Cammy on pc

the pc version i have i got from cd keys a few weeks before release, haven't had any problems

If you're already played it on PS4 then you can probably answer that question yourself. Wouldn't recommend it myself unless you need a PC copy for locals/tournaments/streaming. Since you can't use the same account on two separate platforms, any DLC items/characters might start to become an issue later on.

I double dipped and am moderately happy, though I got it for $44.99 from green man gaming. Been sticking with Laura on PS4 and Cammy on pc
I was mainly asking about CDKeys as a good site or not but the DLC point is a good one. I mainly want it for the benefits like mods, better graphics, and short load times even though I might still use the PS4 version as my main one for whatever reason. Not sure why

the pc version i have i got from cd keys a few weeks before release, haven't had any problems

Well, this answered my question but I just noticed that its out of stock lol. Gotta find a different site.

Baleoce

Okay, thanks. Wish there was a way to make the game default to a specific screen as well. :p

Yeah that would be nice for sure, but at least you can use the [Win + Shift + Left or Right Arrow] shortcut to shift it easily between monitors.

『Inaba Resident』;198220703 said:
I was mainly asking about CDKeys as a good site or not but the DLC point is a good one. I mainly want it for the benefits like mods, better graphics, and short load times even though I might still use the PS4 version as my main one for whatever reason. Not sure why

If you're a tourney player PS4 is the standard, so you might as well play on the one you're used to/will be playing on at tourneys, though the differences are probably negligible at this point.

I just got the laggiest match with a Gief. I legit thought about RQ'ing because it was BS. I pulled through and won and of course he RQ'd -_-

Edzi

What the heck is up with online Ryu's and constant neutral jumping + mashing shoryuken? I just fought 3 in a row, all in silver and above, and I got absolutely wrecked.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Oh my god, people weren't kidding about Capcom wanting you to do Survival for the pre-order outfits TWICE because it won't unlock the colors with the defaults either. So you have to play the characters with alternate outfits you have twice (or three times if you have the story outfits as well).

Who the hell thought that was a good idea?!? Haunts, if it was you: Slap yourself. If it was Combofiend, slap him. If it was Ono, slap him five times. If it was someone else, slap them and then fire them.

Oh my god, people weren't kidding about Capcom wanting you to do Survival for the pre-order outfits TWICE because it won't unlock the colors with the defaults either. So you have to play the characters with alternate outfits you have twice (or three times if you have the story outfits as well).

Who the hell thought that was a good idea?!? Haunts, if it was you: Slap yourself. If it was Combofiend, slap him. If it was Ono, slap him five times. If it was someone else, slap them and then fire them.
Well, AT LEAST we'll be able to just purchase them through the in-game shop. Though I agree with you, the existing system is pretty shitty.

Had a match against a cammy and all they did was heavy kick even when I was nowhere near them, just kept chucking hadouken a until well something happened, they went all out in round 2 then defaulted to heavy kicks again in round 3

Xeteh

Had a match against a cammy and all they did was heavy kick even when I was nowhere near them, just kept chucking hadouken a until well something happened, they went all out in round 2 then defaulted to heavy kicks again in round 3

Pre-emptive Anti Air, now you'll never jump in.

ElTopo

Banned
My grandmother could get gold rank with Bison.

dash-throw dash-knee herp-derp.

Is someone complaining about a character? Well, time to bring out some memes and tell someone to "git gud" and submit them to scrub quotes.

No offense to Sheroking, this is aimed at other people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom