• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
You misunderstand. I'm asking what I can buy with FM that I can't buy with Zenny.

It's unclear since the Zenny part of the shop hasn't launched.

I don't think there will be anything you CAN'T buy with zenny.

Why would capcom force you to grind when their business model for the zenny is "just buy it with real money instead of wasting your time grinding".

===

Ran through easy survival with ryu story, chun story, alex default, and alex battle. Doesn't seem harder to me, mostly... Necalli got a bug up his ass my 2nd trip through with Alex, but I still beat him.

Scotia

Banned
I am reminded of the conversation recently, I do not remember who it was but I think it was Mike Ross and Alex Valle though it may have been different..and i am not sure if it was on the latest trio of Excellent adventures or on commentary at a recent stream but they were talking about Alex the character...
And everyone is like "Alex Alex Alex, I played Alex, Alex was so awesome Alex Alex"....
And Valle was like "Really? Where? When?" There were so few Alex mains at events back in the day, he just was not a monster.

Now we have Alex out, after all of the hype of "ALEX OMG!!"
I definitely want him to be good, I love the balance factor that V has.
Hopefully people will dive in and find the yummy gooey center that will make Alex a contender and not get bored when the new car smell wears off.

Alex wasn't a big tourney character, you're right, but that doesn't mean the hype around him is unwarranted. People like him for his design, story, move set etc. Not everything has to be attributed to tourneys.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Cammys color 14 gives cammy a tan

Ce0i_rNVAAEnk_V.jpg

Ce0jAwKVAAAScrP.jpg

Also changers her eyes to purple.

Oh my...

Alex wasn't a big tourney character, you're right, but that doesn't mean the hype around him is unwarranted. People like him for his design, story, move set etc. Not everything has to be attributed to tourneys.
Also, when you did see a great Alex, like KSK's, at a tourney, his matches are always hype.

Yeah exactly. It's the same with every 3S character. Q isn't huge tourney-wise but I've seen some amazing shit with him.

It's possible to see amazing stuff with just about every character, I'd wager.
However, that doesn't detract from people hoping that new characters, like Alex, have a toolset and balance to them to make them viable for high level players to actually want to use so the frequency of said amazing stuff increases and variety in the overall makeup of character selection increases.

--

How long before we get videos of the newly available costumes in action?
After looking through the store, I bought absolutely nothing. I wasn't sure the all white costume for ken was worth 5000FM and definitely wasn't sure his alt story costume was worth 40k FM even after going back and redoing the tutorial. The store does a really piss poor job of showing you what you're really buying with your FM... they could at least show the character model with the new colors so you don't have to look it up online, for example.

man+sweating+2.jpg

This is hard. So far the most success I've had was with the negative edge and I was able to pass the challenge but I'm repeating it and trying to do it consistently. Thanks for the help.

Cancelling is honestly a reflex & frame recognition kind of thing. In the beginning, its one of the most alien things in the world. Give it a few play sessions, and you'll get the hang of it. But once you figure it out, you'll literally be able to see the game pause on the frame of the cancel that you should've hit the input on.

Cancelling is honestly a reflex & frame recognition kind of thing. In the beginning, its one of the most alien things in the world. Give it a few play sessions, and you'll get the hang of it. But once you figure it out, you'll literally be able to see the game pause on the frame of the cancel that you should've hit the input on.

I'm just learning canceling is a thing as well, glad someone brought it up haha 💡

This is amazing lmao I'm so glad I'm not alone in JUST discovering cancelling. Shows how useful it would've been to have this tutorial stuff in at launch!

Quesa

A friend just told me Laura's stage has a "Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)" sound to it and now the comparison is stuck in my head forever.

I'm just learning canceling is a thing as well, glad someone brought it up haha 💡

The key to cancelling is to break the combo down into individual parts, but start with the cancel. So, once you master the cancel, put the next part in the combo sequence behind it.

For example, Ryu can do fr.hp->cr.mk xx hadouken. Learning the cr.mk xx hadouken cancel first will allow you to add the forward HP right behind it easier.

Scotia

Banned
It's the main reason I dislike his alts. If he just wore his boots, they'd both look great.

Like, I get why he wouldn't have them in his story costume, seeing as he was kidnapped in his caravan, but the premium one is confusing as to why he doesn't have shoes.

Trickster

When do you guys think the zenny system will be put in?

I just really, really want Laura's costume

Probably not in the near future. They stated that while the zenny store was still missing, future dlc character would also be free to everyone in the same way the Alex is.

That might just be them trying to play it safe when saying anything. But they must have at least considered it a possibility that the zenny store won't make it before the next ( guile? ) dlc character drops, imo.

And I'm in the same boat as you, albeit with Mika instead.

Hex

Banned
I've played tons of fighting games over the years and rarely did so 'seriously'. But that doesn't mean I don't think of Ukyo from Samurai Shodown as my main in that game, same with Butt in Garou, Mukuro in LB2, the list goes on for miles. I obviously never played Alex in tournaments but he was my guy in SF3. And I liked him so much that I moved on to E.Honda and Abel in SF4 since they seemed like the closest substitutes. He has always been by far my most wanted character and I'm not some bandwagoner. I'm sure there's others like me because he was a cool character with a unique moveset, and of course some of the most memorable voice clips in fighters. I mean Q has an even louder fanbase even though he wasn't exactly competitive either.

Don't know if I'll stick with Alex of course, my playstyle has changed a lot over the years and this is a different game than SF3. But I don't think him being low tier or whatever would dissuade me immediately. Not that SF5 even seems to have a low tier, as you said it's impressive how balanced the game is already.

Tachibana Ukyo was god tier and an icon of all that is good and awesome in the fighting game genre and I will have god damn WORDS IN REAL LIFE with anyone who says differently.
LONG WORDS, SCATHING WORDS.

Cammys color 14 gives cammy a tan

Ce0i_rNVAAEnk_V.jpg

Ce0jAwKVAAAScrP.jpg

Also changers her eyes to purple.

Man I want that purple color for Cammy. Ughhhhhh, curse you Survival! Curse you sudden difficult as hell Bison!!!!

If only Capcom gave me a mode where I could practice against cheap as hell AI instead of having to go through 25 matches first...

Yeah 3rd Strike is the one exception. Akuma's bored of Ryu in 3S because Ryu overcame the Satsui no Hado. I was so glad they finally dropped that storyline only for them to bring it back in SF4.

I have a prediction regarding Ryu's Satsui no Hadou in SFV & how it relates to him being over/not having it in SF3. I believe that Necalli will drink/eat/consume Ryu's Satsui No Hadou. There are a few suggestions in the current marketing material, particularly the CG launch trailer, that hints to this. Necalli absorbing Ryu's Satusui No Hadou, and Ryu defeating Necalli's in this form, would fulfill him 'getting over' the Satsui No Hadou. Then, a defeated Necalli is captured by the Illuminati, where his power is removed and placed into Gill, thus granting Gill Necalli hair.

Scotia

Banned
I have a prediction regarding Ryu's Satsui no Hadou in SFV & how it relates to him being over/not having it in SF3. I believe that Necalli will drink/eat/consume Ryu's Satsui No Hadou. There are a few suggestions in the current marketing material, particularly the CG launch trailer, that hints to this. Necalli absorbing Ryu's Satusui No Hadou, and Ryu defeating Necalli's in this form, would fulfill him 'getting over' the Satsui No Hadou. Then, a defeated Necalli is captured by the Illuminati, where his power is removed and placed into Gill, thus granting Gill Necalli hair.

That could be interesting. Part of me doubts it because I have a feeling Capcom want to show Ryu overcoming the Satsui no Hado himself. We'll have to wait for the story mode and find out

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
and a story mode and survival

you can recoup a good amount of FM even if you spend it on him

Do we get to keep this FM after the free trial period is over? I'm assuming yes because taking it back from players would probably be a logistical nightmare Capcom isn't ready for.

Gonna farm Alex content for money and spend it on some bonus Ken colors, mmmmm.

Man I want that purple color for Cammy. Ughhhhhh, curse you Survival! Curse you sudden difficult as hell Bison!!!!

If only Capcom gave me a mode where I could practice against cheap as hell AI instead of having to go through 25 matches first...

training mode and set the CPU to 8, no?

myco666

Doing M.Bison trials and I feel like I am missing something. Psycho Blast > Ex Psycho Inferno > Ex Head Press just seems impossible. Like how you can charge fast enough to to do Ex Head Press after Psycho Inferno.

Are there colors beyond 13?
If so, do we actually know the req for having them become purchasable?

Doing M.Bison trials and I feel like I am missing something. Psycho Blast > Ex Psycho Inferno > Ex Head Press just seems impossible. Like how you can charge fast enough to to do Ex Head Press after Psycho Inferno.

Which # is this? I can try dictator trials now and see if I get this far so I can offer tips.

In vtrigger you don't have to charge them you just input the motion and it comes out.

LakeEarth

I don't use him, but I think you don't have to charge EX moves in V-Trigger.

Same is true with Necalli's disc guidance (charging move).

HardRojo

Damn! People are just discovering special canceling? How would you play SF without applying it lol, but it's good you all are learning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom