• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

LakeEarth

Yeah you're right about characters stories not making much sense haha. I agree that the first three DLC characters will be playable in the cinematic story mode.

I've made this joke before, but Ryu's story is basically:

Introduction: "I must train more to control my Satsui no Hado"
Conclusion : "I must train more to control my Satsui no Hado"

OMG this is going to be such a noob and stupid thing to say but this whole time I haven't been cancelling lol

It's why I was having so much trouble with Alex's trials... I now know for it to combo you have to input the next attack as the first hit lands. S m h.

This is my first SF and first fighting game so I'm going to excuse myself on this one. :p

Zalman

Does anyone know if I can download characters on a US copy of SF5 using a European PS4? I guess I could just use an American PSN account, but would it work fine with my EU one?

SSReborn

OMG this is going to be such a noob and stupid thing to say but this whole time I haven't been cancelling lol

It's why I was having so much trouble with Alex's trials... I now know for it to combo you have to input the next attack as the first hit lands. S m h.

This is my first SF and first fighting game so I'm going to excuse myself on this one. :p

Out of curiousity do you watch the demonstrations when you get stuck?

Wait, you can't buy story costume colors in the shop? Wait, you can't even buy the colors from survival for the default costumes either. Guess it's finally time to do survival...

Kyonashi

Are there any videos or anything showing the timing of the challenge trial moves? I feel like they'd be good for me to learn (I'm a total noob and cannot combo for shit) but like, I just 100% cannot string the moves together like the demonstration shows, I have no idea how that would even be done.

Are there any videos or anything showing the timing of the challenge trial moves? I feel like they'd be good for me to learn (I'm a total noob and cannot combo for shit) but like, I just 100% cannot string the moves together like the demonstration shows, I have no idea how that would even be done.

which trials are you having issues with specifically?

Pause the game during a trial and press on "Show Demonstration". They show you how its done in the game.

Edit: Woops i misread your post.

Scotia

Banned
Doing Alex's survival and his intro came on.

What Alex says:

"Okay, let's rumble."

What the subtitles say:

"Okay, let's get started."

The fuck?

Hex

Banned
I am reminded of the conversation recently, I do not remember who it was but I think it was Mike Ross and Alex Valle though it may have been different..and i am not sure if it was on the latest trio of Excellent adventures or on commentary at a recent stream but they were talking about Alex the character...
And everyone is like "Alex Alex Alex, I played Alex, Alex was so awesome Alex Alex"....
And Valle was like "Really? Where? When?" There were so few Alex mains at events back in the day, he just was not a monster.

Now we have Alex out, after all of the hype of "ALEX OMG!!"
I definitely want him to be good, I love the balance factor that V has.
Hopefully people will dive in and find the yummy gooey center that will make Alex a contender and not get bored when the new car smell wears off.

LakeEarth

I am reminded of the conversation recently, I do not remember who it was but I think it was Mike Ross and Alex Valle though it may have been different..and i am not sure if it was on the latest trio of Excellent adventures or on commentary at a recent stream but they were talking about Alex the character...
And everyone is like "Alex Alex Alex, I played Alex, Alex was so awesome Alex Alex"....
And Valle was like "Really? Where? When?" There were so few Alex mains at events back in the day, he just was not a monster.

Now we have Alex out, after all of the hype of "ALEX OMG!!"
I definitely want him to be good, I love the balance factor that V has.
Hopefully people will dive in and find the yummy gooey center that will make Alex a contender and not get bored when the new car smell wears off.

Alex was a good "starter" character in 3rd Strike for casual players who didn't want to play a shoto. Simple 3 hit combo did insane damage, great mixup ability, and could turn a match around on a dime.

Barely any serious players used him because he was middle tier with a godawful 8-2 matchup against the Chun. And there were a fucking lot of Chuns!

I bought a stick but honestly I'm feeling like I wasted £100 on this game because I just doubt I'm ever gonna have the dexterity to pull off all these moves pixel-perfect every time.

Stick takes a little to get used to if you haven't been using one for a while.

Here are the Ken trials on a pad if you feel like you are going to switch back to it if the stick doesn't end up working for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqBdjUVIp1c

Is anyone going to update that googledoc with the Alex frame data? I am not sure who has access to it.

myco666

OH COME ON. Just did all Alex trials and the game crashed. Now it shows 0/10 for them... luckily they aren't that bad but still.

Permanently A

Help me please I feel like an idiot.

I can't even do the basic challenges. For example Ken's first challenge is jumping heavy punch into standing medium punch into hadoken. No problem with the first two, but no matter how fast I input the hadoken the training dummy blocks it. What am I missing?

Kyonashi

Stick takes a little to get used to if you haven't been using one for a while.

Here are the Ken trials on a pad if you feel like you are going to switch back to it if the stick doesn't end up working for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqBdjUVIp1c

I feel like I'm inputting the right moves in but most of the time they just never come out. Like, those examples look SO fast - cancelling into moves and junk and like, I don't know whether the game is gonna register a button when I'm in the air, when I land, if I need to be halfway through a move when the previous one is landing or wait to press until it's connected...

Street Fighter is literally the least beginner friendly game I've ever played, wish I didn't want to actually play it so bad.

galvenize

I can't even do the basic challenges. For example Ken's first challenge is jumping heavy punch into standing medium punch into hadoken. No problem with the first two, but no matter how fast I input the hadoken the training dummy blocks it. What am I missing?

You're doing the hadouken too fast. Game thinks you're mashing so it's not cancelled properly.

edit: yeah I didn't fully get your issue, posts below get it.

mbpm1

Cancelling.

You input the hadouken as you're hitting with the medium punch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom