• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shari

I'm sorry if it has already been asked, I couldnt find it in the last 3 pages.

Why can't I buy the Ryu lumberjack skin on the store? Same goes for Chun li or Bison.

I'm sorry if it has already been asked, I couldnt find it in the last 3 pages.

Why can't I buy the Ryu lumberjack skin on the store? Same goes for Chun li or Bison.
The zenny part of the store isn't up yet, and the premium costumes can only be bought with zenny.

DRE Fei

Alex color 10 is great.

He has decent buttons, but he doesn't really seem to keep the pressure going as well as someone like laura. His damage and v-skill counterhit is good though. His v-trigger is also great.

KingBroly

Banned
Because you can't buy Colors 3-10 for any Costume in the Shop, I'm dumbfounded that you have to do Survival once per Costume. Like...wow. Just...wow. I didn't think Capcom could be that stupid.

LakeEarth

Because you can't buy Colors 3-10 for any Costume in the Shop, I'm dumbfounded that you have to do Survival once per Costume. Like...wow. Just...wow. I didn't think Capcom could be that stupid.

This is why I'm hesitant to spend fight money. I mean, I'm 99% sure that the '1 million FM' achievement means cumulative, and will still register even if you have spent some of it, but ... it's Capcom.

KingBroly

Banned
This is why I'm hesitant to spend fight money. I mean, I'm 99% sure that the '1 million FM' achievement means cumulative, and will still register even if you have spent some of it, but ... it's Capcom.

I don't blame you at all.

Now I'm just gonna use Cheats to do the rest of Survival, because fuck that shit. Tired of it.

Scotia

Banned

Description for the trophy is:

"You managed to get 1,000,000 FM...."

To me sounds like you need 1,000,000 FM at once.

Man Capcom got me using this FM like I'm Nacer losing a bet at NCR.

Description for the trophy is:

"You managed to get 1,000,000 FM...."

To me sounds like you need 1,000,000 FM at once.

"Get" could still mean amassed in total, used or not.

messing around with Alex and I've lost 6 in a row...

I think I'm just gonna switch back to my mains if this persists lol

He's gonna take work, but I forsee him getting big damage once people get used to him.

Aaaaaaargh, remembering how much I despise trials.
My combo timing is awful. I can never be precise with my button taps, always resort to mashing each input until the attack comes out.

Stuck on Alex 7. MP>LP>LP Flash>CA. I either do it too slow and the flash is blocked, too fast and the CA comes out instead of the flash chop, or I get a cr.LP instead of st.LP come out. So frustrating.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
My combo timing is awful. I can never be precise with my button taps, always resort to mashing each input until the attack comes out.

Stuck on Alex 7. MP>LP>LP Flash>CA. I either do it too slow and the flash is blocked, too fast and the CA comes out instead of the flash chop, or I get a cr.LP instead of st.LP come out. So frustrating.

I was stuck there too until I finally managed it. I just kept practicing the trial in chunks until I finally put it together like an hour ago lol

yodaxy

to clarify you do have to charge the first move. But you can continue a chain of EX moves after the first without charging.
No, you don't have to charge even the first move, but it must be done in a combo.

Also, a usefull tip for Alex, you can change the range of his Head Crush (charge down, up + P) by doing up-front or up-back after the charge. Same goes for his Ex Stampede (charge down, up + KK) You can go fullscreen with that, neat.

Alex color 10 is great.

He has decent buttons, but he doesn't really seem to keep the pressure going as well as someone like laura. His damage and v-skill counterhit is good though. His v-trigger is also great.

He can maintain pressure - thats what his charge stomp/headbutt is for. They are perfect for maintaining pressure.

LakeEarth

Just realized there's a 300 online win trophy (casuals and ranked), and a 300 online win trophy (just ranked). I thought they were the same achievement. Back to ranked!

Prepared myself for trying Alex, story? check, trials? check (screw you trial 7), watch the demonstration and piddle about in training? also check.
Finally felt ready to go online aaaaaand then suffered the worst connection issues I've had with the game (which is pretty reliable for me otherwise) meaning after 4 attempted matches I've yet to play as him online yet, in fairness I think the issues were on my end this time but it's fun to just yell CAPCOOOOM!

Everything about the LP> LP Flash section was causing me such grief, don't ask me how I finally pulled it off because I have no clue.

I suppose I can at least be pretty happy having done 5 sets of character trials so far with this less than optimal Dualshock 4.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I remember when Capcom said that if you beat Hell survival with every character you were ready for online lmao

I beat hell with everyone and I can't get out of bronze. The skillsets for survival and actual players are 100% different.

Xevren

Color 14 is purchasable once you have beaten Survival Hard on a character. Color 15 seems to be purchasable if you beat Survival Hell on a character.

I have all of survivals beaten on some characters and there's no color 15 option for them. 14 is there for those that beat hard though yea.

Actually its weird, 14 exists on some but not all? I don't really get how it is. Beaten it on hard with most but only Ken/Karin seem to have the option for color 14.

Tenshi

Neo Member
I could not be more happy to be a season pass holder. After using Alex for a bit, I can say that his return to a Street Fighter roster was worth the wait. His V-trigger move is very good.

You'd think Capcom would want people to spend FM on things that aren't characters, but i can't even buy color 14 or 15 without beating survival hard?? What's the point when I'd hypothetically already have 10 colors to choose from.

Messiah

Color 14 is purchasable once you have beaten Survival Hard on a character. Color 15 seems to be purchasable if you beat Survival Hell on a character.

I don't think this is true. I was able to buy colour 14 for Karin and have not beaten survival hard as her. Maybe it is either survival hard or reaching a certain level to unlock them.

McNum

Okay, I'm missing something here. I'm trying to do the trials but got stuck at Ryu and Ken's trials where you cancel Shoryuken into Super. How, exactly, are you supposed to input that?

dp+P qcf, qcf+P (or K with Ken) seems way too many inputs to get done before the Shoryuken hits. So is there a trick to it that I'm missing? Would qcf, d, df P, f, P work? Basically plinking two different Ps just as the input is completing? Is that how it's done?

Mr. X

Doing M.Bison trials and I feel like I am missing something. Psycho Blast > Ex Psycho Inferno > Ex Head Press just seems impossible. Like how you can charge fast enough to to do Ex Head Press after Psycho Inferno.
Don't need charge to cancel a special into ex special during v trigger, just do the motion.

Okay, I'm missing something here. I'm trying to do the trials but got stuck at Ryu and Ken's trials where you cancel Shoryuken into Super. How, exactly, are you supposed to input that?

dp+P qcf, qcf+P (or K with Ken) seems way too many inputs to get done before the Shoryuken hits. So is there a trick to it that I'm missing? Would qcf, d, df P, f, P work? Basically plinking two different Ps just as the input is completing? Is that how it's done?
Forward, down, down-forward + P, forward, down, down-forward, forward + P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom