• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help me please I feel like an idiot.

I can't even do the basic challenges. For example Ken's first challenge is jumping heavy punch into standing medium punch into hadoken. No problem with the first two, but no matter how fast I input the hadoken the training dummy blocks it. What am I missing?
Cancels! I just discovered them too!

You need to like... I put the hadoken motion and hit the button right as the previous attack connects

BadWolf

I can't even do the basic challenges. For example Ken's first challenge is jumping heavy punch into standing medium punch into hadoken. No problem with the first two, but no matter how fast I input the hadoken the training dummy blocks it. What am I missing?

First practice comboing medium punch into hadoken.

Don't wait for the MP to end before doing the hadoken motion. Do the motion just as the MP hits, you have to cancel the MP into a hadoken for it to combo.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
OH COME ON. Just did all Alex trials and the game crashed. Now it shows 0/10 for them... luckily they aren't that bad but still.

=/

I can't seem to get #7. In fact, I have execution issues with combos that have like a medium to a light to special. Like, I can't get the special to come out with the light effectively. So for example, Alex's 7 is Flying Crosschop > MP > LP > L Flash > Super.

The bolded just doesn't come out. =/ I get concerned with making the MP > LP link and either I'm too late on the buffer or too early causing me to hit c.mp.

Xeteh

I feel like I'm inputting the right moves in but most of the time they just never come out. Like, those examples look SO fast - cancelling into moves and junk and like, I don't know whether the game is gonna register a button when I'm in the air, when I land, if I need to be halfway through a move when the previous one is landing or wait to press until it's connected...

Street Fighter is literally the least beginner friendly game I've ever played, wish I didn't want to actually play it so bad.

Crazy part is that this is the most beginner friendly SF has ever been. SF4 was a nightmare getting in to. It takes a lot of practice to get used to cancelling in to special moves, hell after all the time I've spent playing SF4 and now SF5 I'm still constantly dropping combos.

It was hard coming from Injustice/MK because normals link a lot easier in there while in SF there tends to be specific timings to input commands for everything. The most consistent timing is to input the next attack as soon as the previous one connects. Cancelling you're basically inputting the special as soon as the attack you want to cancel is animating.

Scotia

Banned
Hey, in 3rd Strike he seemed over it. He was just going around lifting rocks and crushing leaves with his eyes closed.

Yeah 3rd Strike is the one exception. Akuma's bored of Ryu in 3S because Ryu overcame the Satsui no Hado. I was so glad they finally dropped that storyline only for them to bring it back in SF4.

galvatron

Easiest way to get timing right is to use negative edge. Press and hold the standing medium punch at the appropriate place in the combo, then do the hadouken motion and release the medium punch button as you complete the motion. That'll get you the timing for when to hit the button if you'd like or you can just stick to negative edge, if that works for you.

BadWolf

=/

I can't seem to get #7. In fact, I have execution issues with combos that have like a medium to a light to special. Like, I can't get the special to come out with the light effectively. So for example, Alex's 7 is Flying Crosschop > MP > LP > L Flash > Super.

The bolded just doesn't come out. =/ I get concerned with making the MP > LP link and either I'm too late on the buffer or too early causing me to hit c.mp.

Try holding the attack button down after doing the Flash motion instead of releasing it, that should help buffer it a little.

How did y'all non canceling weirdos even play this game ;P?

Cancel the mp right when it hits, so buffer the hadoken motion while the medium punch is starting up, then press punch again when the mp hits.

Anbec7

Playing survival because... colors (god I hate this mode so much) haven't seen Alex in all the matches I had a mistake from Capcom perhaps?
It would be cool if the CPU would use the different colors that I have and costumes...

Yeah 3rd Strike is the one exception. Akuma's bored of Ryu in 3S because Ryu overcame the Satsui no Hado. I was so glad they finally dropped that storyline only for them to bring it back in SF4.

Well SF4 takes place before 3S so it makes sense that is was in SF4.

myco666

=/

Yeah I suck at those too. I usually end up mashing those links and they usually work after few tries.

KingBroly

Banned
Oh good, fatal kiwi error right before I completed Easy Survival with Alex.

THANKS FOR FIXING THOSE BUGS PLAYERS ASKED YOU TO FIX 6 WEEKS AGO CAPCOM!

Tizoc

Man, I really like Alex in SF5, his HCB+P being a follow-up also for the suplex grab is fine seeing as SF3 could let you turn the opponent's back to you using any character.
Also Cr. HP can be followed up with a few moves is neat considering the juggle in SF3 was strict with it XP

Not liking his overall design but I'll get over it.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Playing survival because... colors (god I hate this mode so much) haven't seen Alex in all the matches I had a mistake from Capcom perhaps?
It would be cool if the CPU would use the different colors that I have and costumes...

Survival opponents are fixed, so Alex and all future characters won't show up unless Capcom updates the mode.

Speaking of survival, I noticed that they nerfed the input reading AI a lot. Just cleared 4 normal survivals and ended up perfecting both Necali and Bison everytime

MadGear

I didn't buy into the Alex hype because I'm not much of a grappler player but I'm enjoying him quite a bit so far. I might actually stick with him.

Trickster

Ugh, I bought Mika's story costume and now the struggle of suffering through Survival returns.

I'm just annoyed that there aren't shop colours for the story mode alts, that way I could have spared myself going through easy and normal survival to get some color choices <_<

Xeteh

I'm just annoyed that there aren't shop colours for the story mode alts, that way I could have spared myself going through easy and normal survival to get some color choices <_<

Mika is such a pain to do survival with, her mixups don't really mean much when the AI just reads your inputs. I beat it on normal for her a while back and it was by far the hardest one I did. I lost to Bison like 6 times.

And yeah, the colors being for the defaults only is a bummer.

Survival opponents are fixed, so Alex and all future characters won't show up unless Capcom updates the mode.

Speaking of survival, I noticed that they nerfed the input reading AI a lot. Just cleared 4 normal survivals and ended up perfecting both Necali and Bison everytime

Hope this is true. Still need to clear a bunch of Hard and Hell one time.

Anbec7

Currently doing survival on Stage 24.. from 25 CPU goes HAM so I hope it is correct

Edit: Yep Normal is now easier WTH

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
The best part of this update is that The Grid is now canon. :V

100%ed all the trials pretty quick. As far as execution goes, they're roughly on par with MvC3 in difficulty, but since the combos are so much shorter here they're much easier overall.

Anyway, is there a comprehensive list of what can be bought with Fight Money, Zenny, or either? I think I'd rather spend my FM on stuff that can only be bought with FM, since that grind is going to get stupid once I run out of characters to run through Normal survival.

KingBroly

Banned
The best part of this update is that The Grid is now canon. :V

100%ed all the trials pretty quick. As far as execution goes, they're roughly on par with MvC3 in difficulty, but since the combos are so much shorter here they're much easier overall.

Anyway, is there a comprehensive list of what can be bought with Fight Money, Zenny, or either? I think I'd rather spend my FM on stuff that can only be bought with FM, since that grind is going to get stupid once I run out of characters to run through Normal survival.

Titles - 5K each
Color 11 - 10k per character
Color 12 - 2K per character
Color 13 - 5 per character
Story costumes - 40k per character
Characters - 100k each

Mupod

I am reminded of the conversation recently, I do not remember who it was but I think it was Mike Ross and Alex Valle though it may have been different..and i am not sure if it was on the latest trio of Excellent adventures or on commentary at a recent stream but they were talking about Alex the character...
And everyone is like "Alex Alex Alex, I played Alex, Alex was so awesome Alex Alex"....
And Valle was like "Really? Where? When?" There were so few Alex mains at events back in the day, he just was not a monster.

Now we have Alex out, after all of the hype of "ALEX OMG!!"
I definitely want him to be good, I love the balance factor that V has.
Hopefully people will dive in and find the yummy gooey center that will make Alex a contender and not get bored when the new car smell wears off.

I've played tons of fighting games over the years and rarely did so 'seriously'. But that doesn't mean I don't think of Ukyo from Samurai Shodown as my main in that game, same with Butt in Garou, Mukuro in LB2, the list goes on for miles. I obviously never played Alex in tournaments but he was my guy in SF3. And I liked him so much that I moved on to E.Honda and Abel in SF4 since they seemed like the closest substitutes. He has always been by far my most wanted character and I'm not some bandwagoner. I'm sure there's others like me because he was a cool character with a unique moveset, and of course some of the most memorable voice clips in fighters. I mean Q has an even louder fanbase even though he wasn't exactly competitive either.

Don't know if I'll stick with Alex of course, my playstyle has changed a lot over the years and this is a different game than SF3. But I don't think him being low tier or whatever would dissuade me immediately. Not that SF5 even seems to have a low tier, as you said it's impressive how balanced the game is already.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Titles - 5K each
Color 11 - 10k per character
Color 12 - 2K per character
Color 13 - 5 per character
Story costumes - 40k per character
Characters - 100k each

You misunderstand. I'm asking what I can buy with FM that I can't buy with Zenny.

It's unclear since the Zenny part of the shop hasn't launched.

KingBroly

Banned
You misunderstand. I'm asking what I can buy with FM that I can't buy with Zenny.

It's unclear since the Zenny part of the shop hasn't launched.

The Story Costumes are the only things AFAIK, but considering they haven't put up things that cost Zenny yet, you're better off waiting.

Permanently A

Easiest way to get timing right is to use negative edge. Press and hold the standing medium punch at the appropriate place in the combo, then do the hadouken motion and release the medium punch button as you complete the motion. That'll get you the timing for when to hit the button if you'd like or you can just stick to negative edge, if that works for you.

How did y'all non canceling weirdos even play this game ;P?

Cancel the mp right when it hits, so buffer the hadoken motion while the medium punch is starting up, then press punch again when the mp hits.

First practice comboing medium punch into hadoken.

Don't wait for the MP to end before doing the hadoken motion. Do the motion just as the MP hits, you have to cancel the MP into a hadoken for it to combo.

Cancels! I just discovered them too!

You need to like... I put the hadoken motion and hit the button right as the previous attack connects

Cancelling.

You input the hadouken as you're hitting with the medium punch

man+sweating+2.jpg

This is hard. So far the most success I've had was with the negative edge and I was able to pass the challenge but I'm repeating it and trying to do it consistently. Thanks for the help.

Xeteh

How sure are you? Because I think you read my question backwards.

You're right. I apparently dyslexia because I read that as what can I buy with Zenny that I can't buy with FM.

I think Premium costumes are the only thing they've said won't be purchasable with FM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom