• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. X

Okay, I'm missing something here. I'm trying to do the trials but got stuck at Ryu and Ken's trials where you cancel Shoryuken into Super. How, exactly, are you supposed to input that?

dp+P qcf, qcf+P (or K with Ken) seems way too many inputs to get done before the Shoryuken hits. So is there a trick to it that I'm missing? Would qcf, d, df P, f, P work? Basically plinking two different Ps just as the input is completing? Is that how it's done?

Abuse the shortcut

In number notation

3mp 23hp (shoryuken happens) 6236 (shoryuken 23 directions is the d, df part of a qcf motion) whatever punch (i piano for increasing odds)

tariniel

I don't blame you at all.

Now I'm just gonna use Cheats to do the rest of Survival, because fuck that shit. Tired of it.

Yep, I said a few weeks ago if survival colors don't make the store then I have no qualms about using that trainer everyone talks about. I don't care about the FM or EXP, and will do it all offline for the colors only.

Even with the trainer it's probably going to take a while. I might only do it for 1 or 2 chars.

Color 14 is purchasable once you have beaten Survival Hard on a character. Color 15 seems to be purchasable if you beat Survival Hell on a character.

If this is true, even more reason to tell capcom to shove it. :3

I don't think this is true. I was able to buy colour 14 for Karin and have not beaten survival hard as her. Maybe it is either survival hard or reaching a certain level to unlock them.

What level is your Karin? I can't see anything over color 13, but I think Ken is my highest at 19 or so.

Wait... you don't even get any FM or EXP when you beat survival in a costume to get the extra colours??
That is bullshit.

Of course not. Cause then you could just grind survival to get infinite fight money... once you've beaten a survival difficulty with a character, you get no more anything other than color unlocks if you're wearing a new alt.

McNum

Forward, down, down-forward + P, forward, down, down-forward, forward + P

Abuse the shortcut

In number notation

3mp 23hp (shoryuken happens) 6236 (shoryuken 23 directions is the d, df part of a qcf motion) whatever punch (i piano for increasing odds)
The Shoryuken to Super cancel alone in numbers notation is 623, P, 6236, P, right? I'm just curious, would 23623, P, 6, P also do it?

Hm, I should probably take that to Training Mode. Been meaning to give Ryu or Ken a shakedown, see if either of them works for me. This would be handy to have in any case. Ken feels kind of... Sakura-ish in this one. I like Karin, but I struggle to do damage with her. Five minutes of Ken Training Mode and I was doing 4+MP, Hp, HP Shoryuken for more damage than any combo I can reliably do with Karin.

A.E Suggs

I don't think this is true. I was able to buy colour 14 for Karin and have not beaten survival hard as her. Maybe it is either survival hard or reaching a certain level to unlock them.

Yeah that can't be true because I have karin 14 and I haven't beaten survival had. If it isn't tied to level maybe its tied to something else.

Messiah

If this is true, even more reason to tell capcom to shove it. :3

What level is your Karin? I can't see anything over color 13, but I think Ken is my highest at 19 or so.

Of course not. Cause then you could just grind survival to get infinite fight money... once you've beaten a survival difficulty with a character, you get no more anything other than color unlocks if you're wearing a new alt.
Level 31 right now.

Scotia

Banned
Ah, what are they ?

Ryu's was something like:

"Your fists are powerful. I look forward to fighting you again."

Ken remarked at how good Alex was even though Ken beat him (not really foreshadowing I know but I thought it was cool)

Those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head, sorry. Necalli win quote was interesting. He said something about Alex having untapped power within him. It kinda fits with the theory that
Alex is an Illuminati candidate (like Gill and Urien) but he doesn't know it. That's why Gill is so interested in Alex

The Shoryuken to Super cancel alone in numbers notation is 623, P, 6236, P, right? I'm just curious, would 23623, P, 6, P also do it?

Hm, I should probably take that to Training Mode. Been meaning to give Ryu or Ken a shakedown, see if either of them works for me. This would be handy to have in any case. Ken feels kind of... Sakura-ish in this one. I like Karin, but I struggle to do damage with her. Five minutes of Ken Training Mode and I was doing 4+MP, Hp, HP Shoryuken for more damage than any combo I can reliably do with Karin.
Yes. As long as the full motion is somewhere in your full input, it'll register if you make the input fast enough, where the full motion is reasonably close together. So, for example, for Ryu facing right, Hadoken is 236P (quarter circle), right? If you were to do 41236P (half circle), you would still get the Hadoken, since Ryu doesn't have a half-circle input move. This is why things like super cancelling, where the actual input should be 236236P work even if you do 236P236P.

Yes. As long as the full motion is somewhere in your full input, it'll register if you make the input fast enough, where the full motion is reasonably close together. So, for example, for Ryu facing right, Hadoken is 236P (quarter circle), right? If you were to do 41236P (half circle), you would still get the Hadoken, since Ryu doesn't have a half-circle input move. This is why things like super cancelling, where the actual input should be 236236P work even if you do 236P236P.

To bump a previous question in the same vein: I'm trying to find the best/ most efficient motion for Ryus bnb of mp, chp, DP, super. Anyone have input (ha ha) on that?

I read someone claim the best was: 6 2 HP 3 HP 2 3 6 HP

but i keep getting chp > hadoken

Ryu's was something like:

"Your fists are powerful. I look forward to fighting you again."

Ken remarked at how good Alex was even though Ken beat him (not really foreshadowing I know but I thought it was cool)

Those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head, sorry. Necalli win quote was interesting. He said something about Alex having untapped power within him. It kinda fits with the theory that
Alex is an Illuminati candidate (like Gill and Urien) but he doesn't know it.mthsts why Gill is so interested in Alex

Yes, that's probably what's gonna happen with him in the story, beyond maybe a quick fight with the wrestlers and beating Balrog's ass.

Scotia

Banned
Yes, that's probably what's gonna happen with him in the story, beyond maybe a quick fight with the wrestlers and beating Balrog's ass.

Yeah, I quite like it. Explains a lot of stuff in SF3.

Also, I fucked up the spoiler in my post could you edit yours and spoiler it for me? Thanks.

DR2K

Banned
I know it's way too early, but is it me or does Alex suck? I've fought about half a dozen silver ranked Alex's and he has problems against Cammy and Mika.

OVDRobo

Alex is a really impressive character. I never really had much interest in him back in 3rd Strike since Makoto and Yang were in that game and more appealing, but trying him here, I think he'll be a regular placement on my cycle of characters.

He certainly seems to have issues with quicker, jabbier characters or those with good fireball games, but he's a real slugger with some fun mindgames. It'll be fun seeing where he shakes out in the overall balance.

I only wish the rest of the game had been dragged a bit higher qualitatively this patch. Survival is still garbage and with so many new costumes demanding players go back, I can only imagine it will reopen old wounds. It surely can't be that hard to at least make colours character-wide rather than costume exclusive. At least, it can't be compared to overhauling the whole mode, which is probably what it needs.

Thinking back, are there any more striker-grappler hybrids in the Street Fighter series? Basically, characters that can transition from hits into grabs like Alex can with his heavy chop in this game? I guess Mika vaguely counts, but I can't think of many others despite it being a playstyle I always gravitate towards if it's available.

Good guy capcom: makes "quick reset" button RS instead of select/back/etc.

I love having to hit start and select Try Again in the menu to get everything reset in these v-trigger trials. When you keep messing it up, it gets overly irritating...

Alex is a really impressive character. I never really had much interest in him back in 3rd Strike since Makoto and Yang were in that game and more appealing, but trying him here, I think he'll be a regular placement on my cycle of characters.

He certainly seems to have issues with quicker, jabbier characters or those with good fireball games, but he's a real slugger with some fun mindgames. It'll be fun seeing where he shakes out in the overall balance.

I only wish the rest of the game had been dragged a bit higher qualitatively this patch. Survival is still garbage and with so many new costumes demanding players go back, I can only imagine it will reopen old wounds. It surely can't be that hard to at least make colours character-wide rather than costume exclusive. At least, it can't be compared to overhauling the whole mode, which is probably what it needs.

Thinking back, are there any more striker-grappler hybrids in the Street Fighter series? Basically, characters that can transition from hits into grabs like Alex can with his heavy chop in this game? I guess Mika vaguely counts, but I can't think of many others despite it being a playstyle I always gravitate towards if it's available.
Until Alex showed up, Birdie was the closest thing to him, where he is kind of a grappler but mostly a zoner with long pokes.

mbpm1

Abel

Hyun Sai

After 3 attempts, I finally beat Survival Hard with Vega.

FUCK THAT MODE.

Seriously.

But those 2 last colors are too nice, and were worthy of the sacrifice.

Laura

Laura.

tariniel

To bump a previous question in the same vein: I'm trying to find the best/ most efficient motion for Ryus bnb of mp, chp, DP, super. Anyone have input (ha ha) on that?

I read someone claim the best was: 6 2 HP 3 HP 2 3 6 HP

but i keep getting chp > hadoken

5 MP > 3 HP xx 23 HP xx 236 HP is how I do it, iirc.

mollipen

Description for the trophy is:

"You managed to get 1,000,000 FM...."

To me sounds like you need 1,000,000 FM at once.

There is absolutely no way in the world Capcom would make you bank that much FM in order to get the trophy. And in every other instance I can think of for similar trophies, it's always cumulative.

I know it's way too early, but is it me or does Alex suck? I've fought about half a dozen silver ranked Alex's and he has problems against Cammy and Mika.

Everyone gets blown up by Mika.

Does Alex's AA special blow up Cammy's spiral arrow like Laura's does?

Skilletor

It's their first day playing the character.

If I go home and play Alex online, even though it's the first day, I'd be a silver ranked Alex.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Okay, it seems SFV and my network don't like each other. It seems that, no matter what, it will drop a connection during the 3rd set. I was doing survival with Alex with Fight Request on. I get some fights, and if we went 1-1 going into the 3rd set, it will always drop in the first round. This happened in Battle Lounges too. I don't understand why this happens. I hope those few opponents in casuals don't think I RQ (I'm a scrub, but I take my beatings). =/

As far as I know, I have the right ports open (the ones noted by Capcom/Haunts). I don't get it. T-T

DR2K

Banned
It's their first day playing the character.

If I go home and play Alex online, even though it's the first day, I'd be a silver ranked Alex.

Well I'm looking more at his tools than anything else. It is day 1 so he could easily be the best in the game too.

Yeah, I quite like it. Explains a lot of stuff in SF3.

Also, I fucked up the spoiler in my post could you edit yours and spoiler it for me? Thanks.

Fixed.

I hope they add more to the SF3 mythos. Although I don't know how Urien will fit in considering he doesn't meet anyone but Chun in SF3. But maybe he'll fight Alex for a test and then report to Gill. Who knows.

Spy

Tell me what you all (who care about LP and your stats) feel about this.

I was on a 10+ win streak and about to break a new tier, was playing against a guy who beat me the first round and second round we each have about 75% health when out of nowhere the game starts lagging uncontrollably. I wanted to quit right there but I didn't and ended up taking the L. I kind of wish I would have since that round was unplayable but I didn't want to be one of those people.

HardRojo

Has it been confirmed that the 1 million FM trophy doesn't require you to have it all at once? I want to spend my FM but not until I'm sure.

Doing M.Bison trials and I feel like I am missing something. Psycho Blast > Ex Psycho Inferno > Ex Head Press just seems impossible. Like how you can charge fast enough to to do Ex Head Press after Psycho Inferno.
During his V trigger, you can cancel a Special into an Ex Special.

EX Specials canceled from another Special during V-Trigger does not require a charge, just the motion

to connect a EX Head Press after the EX Inferno,
you must execute d, b + K+K early during the EX Inferno.

If you do it too late, you will miss the last hits.......

so immediately after you do QCB+P+P, do d,u+K+K right away

Scotia

Banned
Fixed.

I hope they add more to the SF3 mythos. Although I don't know how Urien will fit in considering he doesn't meet anyone but Chun in SF3. But maybe he'll fight Alex for a test and then report to Gill. Who knows.

Cheers.

Yeah I agree. People say that SF3's story is a mess but I think SF4's story is way more messy than 3's. The mythos is fascinating in SF3, it's a shame it's taken till now to explore it again.

Urien is interesting because apart of his Illuminati ties he's pretty much a blank slate in terms of story. Gill isn't in the game, so he can't fight Gill. Chun s the only person he interacted with in 3 but they have no reason to fight yet. Alex is the most likely candidate for interaction I think. I could see Urien being told to find the strongest fighter and picking Alex out of all of them. Sky's the limit with Urien in this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom