• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spiral of shame from mid-Ultra Bronze to normal Bronze. Crawled back up to just under Ultra again but quitting while I'm ahead.

"My next loss is my last" doesn't work when I can't even listen to myself.

Oh my god playing on a monitor is soooooooooooooooo much better. I can anti-air command grab so much easier on reaction. This is the best.

I'm comin for you juicebox!

Play FANG, and you won't even need reactions to avoid projectiles, just set a trap beforehand :D

FANG is so fucking awesome, but I can't play charge characters to save my life.

Unless they have a dirty bull.

maxresdefault.jpg

FinKL

With Alex on the horizon, although I over 200k fight money, I'd rather get the season pass because I know FM will run dry. Is there a place that sells the season pass for cheap on PC.

I see it for $24 on cdkeys.com any other places?

Edzi

Is there something off or different about Birdie's wakeup animation? Seems to have different properties than other characters, and I can never seem to hit him.

ElTopo

Banned
Nash's overhead is pretty cheap since he's pretty much airborne.

Oh man, this looks like a scrubquote to me. Better expose this guy right here...

For real: Nash can't combo off of the overhead, it's unsafe on block, and his target combo (2MP, 6MP) isn't a true blockstring so it's possible to hit him before the overhead lands.

FinKL

Nash's overhead is pretty cheap since he's pretty much airborne.

I found that if you hit him out of it, he won't go flying since he's not in an "airborne" state. He just doesn't have a low hit box. I think I tested this w/ Birdies st.LK and I could combo off it if I react fast enough, don't quote me on this though, it might of been st.LP

Clawww

I found that if you hit him out of it, he won't go flying since he's not in an "airborne" state. He just doesn't have a low hit box. I think I tested this w/ Birdies st.LK and I could combo off it if I react fast enough, don't quote me on this though, it might of been st.LP

he is definitely not airborne, you can get a ground combo if you hit him, but yeah, I think he can evade some low pokes nonetheless

Korezo

What the heck is up with online Ryu's and constant neutral jumping + mashing shoryuken? I just fought 3 in a row, all in silver and above, and I got absolutely wrecked.

Silver players seem to be the worst, they do some retarded shit that makes no sense. But I'm even worst because I don't know how to deal with the stupidity.

Started getting the ranked matchups 2k points above me last night, which was actually pretty exciting. Whenever I get someone in the triple digits, I know I'm going to leave bruised and enlightened. I actually took a match from a Ken who was ranked 695. He must have been on the other end bitching about my scrubby Rashid shenanigans. I didn't get to celebrate long before some 1300 LP do nothing Karin beat me because she knew how to hold block 9_9

The game is a study in humility.

Anyway, hope I can hit silver today. There aren't many people in the 2k LPs range it seems and winning 1 in 4 against 3-4k opponents doesn't really gain any ground. It's such a strange system, but as long as it keeps giving challenging-but-not-Sabin matchups, I can't really complain.

If anyone wants games against an ultra bronze Rashid, add PhelddaGriffey. I'm SW USA and will be on from 2-6pm local today.

Ugghh, the sooner I get it through my head not to try and anti-air anything that's not directly above me, the better my matches will go. Still need to try and use my command dash whenever there's an incoming jump in/ neutral jump on wakeup.

Seriously people, don't neutral jump on FANG's wakeup, you're giving him a get out of jail free card.

I'm getting my ass kicked by everyone this morning fuck.
Add the matches where you get your ass handed to you to your replay list. Then review them all later. Believe me, you'll start noticing your mistakes so quickly, you'll feel like an idiot.

At least that's what happens to me.

Is there any way to just look at replays from a fighter profile without having to add them to the replay list?
This is a game that doesn't even let you pick different characters for ranked and casual. Do you honestly think Capcpom added something as useful as that?

I'm getting my ass kicked by everyone this morning fuck.

At least you got to sniff gold(you still there?). Every time I get close I'll go on a bad streak or get matched up against guys with 1000+ more points than me. Then it's like the game feels sorry for me and feeds me some jobbers to build my way back up only to start the vicious cycle all over again. Been stuck leveling up and down Ultra Silver to Super Silver for about a week now. When will the points start trickling down so people like me can reach Gold and stay there lol?

At least you got to sniff gold(you still there?). Every time I get close I'll go on a bad streak or get matched up against guys with 1000+ more points than me. Then it's like the game feels sorry for me and feeds me some jobbers to build my way back up only so to start the vicious cycle all over again. Been stuck in leveling up and down Ultra Silver to Super Silver for about a week now. When will the points start trickling down so people like me can reach Gold and stay there?

I am at 3500LP now -_-. O'll probably get back to Gold by the end of the day when I get back in the groove.

Ugh, 90% of my matches are Ryu, Ken and Nash, so when I face someone else I have no idea what to do against their traps.
Mika, Birdie, and Zangief I am kinda starting to figure out the match ups, but if I see that my opponent is Bison, Karin, Laura or Dhalsim I know I'm destined to take a beating.

EX Sonic Boom is really good for pressure. +2 on block, so they either reversal, or respect the jab afterwards (Or try and poke out with a 3F poke if I try to St.MP)

Super Bronze the land of fucking jabbers, and in Ryu's case, defense jabs and LP shoryuken whenever you jump.As Ken just HK it? these Ryu's dont stay still for it

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Is anyone familiar with solutions to PC players constantly getting booted from server? My cousin was able to play for the first week or so, but the game would take forever to find opponents and we couldn't fight each other so he tried port forwarding, resetting everything, fresh install, but now it wont let him into the server for more than a few minutes.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

vulva

Is anyone familiar with solutions to PC players constantly getting booted from server? My cousin was able to play for the first week or so, but the game would take forever to find opponents and we couldn't fight each other so he tried port forwarding, resetting everything, fresh install, but now it wont let him into the server for more than a few minutes.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Try forwarding the ports mentioned on the capcom unity blog post, otherwise make sure that the actual connection is properly stable and not dealing with any interruptions, even if they're super brief.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom