• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

galvenize

kfi58S0.jpg

Scotia

Banned
『Inaba Resident』;199674458 said:
So I just got fight money and exp for doing normal survival again with Karin in her story alt.
If you do get fight money for doing both costumes, then I might be fine with colors being unlocked twice.

Wow, really?

I did Alex's story and premium survival and Ken/Ryu's story survival and got nothing but colours for it.

SMK

『Inaba Resident』;199673730 said:
I swear that they changed survival in some way. I've been flying through normal survival several times with no issues whatsoever.

It feels mostly the same. If anything the earlier stages are slightly tougher, but it could just be lucky errant hits.

『Inaba Resident』;199674458 said:
So I just got fight money and exp for doing normal survival again with Karin in her story alt.
If you do get fight money for doing both costumes, then I might be fine with colors being unlocked twice.
Maybe you leveled up?

Wow, really?

I did Alex's story and premium survival and Ken/Ryu's story survival and got nothing but colours for it.

Yep, I just got 7k fight money and 10k exp. Only leveled up twice. And I already have colors 4,5, and 6 for default so I definitely haven't done it before. I'll test it again with someone else.

Maybe you leveled up?

Only leveled up twice so it should have only been 1k FM if that were the case unless you get much more at higher levels. I went from level 21 to 23. Two separate entries for receiving FM. One for 2K and another 5K. I'm assuming the 2K is for leveling twice and the 5K from survival.

Scotia

Banned
『Inaba Resident』;199674780 said:
Yep, I just got 7k fight money and 10k exp. Only leveled up once. And I already have colors 4,5, and 6 for default so I definitely haven't done it before. I'll test it again with someone else.

That's weird (and bullshit). I got no FM of EXP for doing them again.

SMK

Wow, really?

Yeah I'm pretty sure you don't get money twice. I've been sitting at the same total after beating a couple of normal survivals.

『Inaba Resident』;199674780 said:
Yep, I just got 7k fight money and 10k exp. Only leveled up twice. And I already have colors 4,5, and 6 for default so I definitely haven't done it before. I'll test it again with someone else.

Only leveled up once so it should have only been 1k FM if that were the case unless you get much more at higher levels. I went from level 21 to 23. Two separate entries for receiving FM. One for 2K and another 5K. I'm assuming the 2K is for leveling twice and the 5K from survival.

Did you originally unlock the colors offline? Perhaps now it's making up for that.

Of course not. Cause then you could just grind survival to get infinite fight money... once you've beaten a survival difficulty with a character, you get no more anything other than color unlocks if you're wearing a new alt.

I feel I've been slightly misunderstood.
I know you only get the FM for beating each tier once with each character so that you can't grind FM, I get that.
But I feel like you should get some FM and/or EXP with each run that unlocks a colour. Even if it's not as much as when you did it with the default costume.
So normal amount on your first run, half that with every first run in a new costume, but nothing on subsequent runs.

So playing casuals to mess around with Alex has taught me one important thing.

Practically every Gold players doesn't play ranked, they play casual. They did the same thing I did, hit Gold and got the hell out the cesspool that is ranked. This is how I wished matchmaking worked when I was on the ranked grind.

After 3 attempts, I finally beat Survival Hard with Vega.

FUCK THAT MODE.

Seriously.

But those 2 last colors are too nice, and were worthy of the sacrifice.

3?
3?
You're all FUCK THAT MODE after 3 attempts?
I'm probably in the 30s or 40s, maybe higher, with Ken.

Feelsbadman.

You can map it to R3.

The tip on the loading screen basically says that it's R3.
Can you change it to be select? Cause that's what I want. My fight stick doesn't have an RS/R3 button like some newer fight sticks or a lot of pad players have.

I feel I've been slightly misunderstood.
I know you only get the FM for beating each tier once with each character so that you can't grind FM, I get that.
But I feel like you should get some FM and/or EXP with each run that unlocks a colour. Even if it's not as much as when you did it with the default costume.
So normal amount on your first run, half that with every first run in a new costume, but nothing on subsequent runs.

That's a good idea.
Just like being able to continue for a high price of your score or unlocking checkpoints ever <x> stages.
That's why Capcom won't do it. :)

--

BTW, how in the hell is someone supposed to do Dhalsim's 2nd trial? I know the theory, but it doesn't work for me in practice: j.fp > start hcb, hit fp somewhere in the df,d,db range, hit mp at b. But I cannot get it to come out on the off chance that I actually get the crouch fp to hit...

Clawww

Practically every Gold players doesn't play ranked, they play casual. They did the same thing I did, hit Gold and got the hell out the cesspool that is ranked. This is how I wished matchmaking worked when I was on the ranked grind.

especially with 2/3 allowing for meaningful matches, gold casual is da life for me right now

Trying to learn Laura some right now. Any tips? Basic frame traps?

- st.mp -> cr.mp -> ex fireball is a ch combo and a godlike frame trap if they press any buttons after st.mp

- You're +2 after light elbow hits, that's when you get the mixups going

- EX fireball -> st.mk/st.hp/cr.mp/etc. -> v-skill crosses up for a reset

- st.mk is your best poke and can be cancelled into v-skill forward/back/overhead

- cr.lk x2 -> super is a good confirm

- st.lk and cr.hp are good footsie buttons

- st.mp aa into v-skill crosses up

- laura has a 3 frame jab

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.

Am Gold, can confirm.

Cheers.

Yeah I agree. People say that SF3's story is a mess but I think SF4's story is way more messy than 3's. The mythos is fascinating in SF3, it's a shame it's taken till now to explore it again.

Urien is interesting because apart of his Illuminati ties he's pretty much a blank slate in terms of story. Gill isn't in the game, so he can't fight Gill. Chun s the only person he interacted with in 3 but they have no reason to fight yet. Alex is the most likely candidate for interaction I think. I could see Urien being told to find the strongest fighter and picking Alex out of all of them. Sky's the limit with Urien in this game.

SF4's story is garbage. The Alpha series is still my favorite, primarily all the cool things that happen before and after 3.

Hearing a lot that Alex sucks :( Mainly free to pressure and lack of reliable anti-airs.

It's literally the first day. Give people time to figure out the character, and I don't mean people who are already free in the first place.

cackhyena

Alex is fuuuuun. His sweep reminds me of 3S more than anything in this game. So smooth.

I saw Floe doing some slash that goes through the opponent where you land on the other side. I can't figure out how, though.

Scotia

Banned
To repeat what everyone else is saying, it's the first day. I'm loving Alex and for the first time truly feel like I'm getting the most out of this game. I'm playing online with Alex for fucksake, I never play online in any fighting game.

SF4's story is garbage. The Alpha series is still my favorite, primarily all the cool things that happen before and after 3.

I'm glad someone agrees with me on SF4's story. I've tried to follow what happens and it's such a fucking mess. I like Alpha but SF3 is my favourite and no doubt always will be. SFV is still young so I can't place that one yet but SF4 is straight at the bottom for me.

Whales

Banned
Alex is fuuuuun. His sweep reminds me of 3S more than anything in this game. So smooth.

I saw Floe doing some slash that goes through the opponent where you land on the other side. I can't figure out how, though.

His hk+hp does that (vtrigger)
Activate it then re-do it again ( you can charge it too)

Really enjoying the rematch option in casual/ranked. So far only 1 opponent of like 10 that haven't been at least 2 games.

Also, love when the salt makes the opponent give up :D

Scotia

Banned
&#12302;Inaba Resident&#12303;;199678554 said:
Tried to double check the survival thing and died at level 29 lol.
Oh well. I checked my message log and yeah, I did it the first time offline.

Just do easy if you want to check. It's only 10 fights.

"She sucks. No real block-strings, everything is minus on block."

latest

In everyone else's defense, she does SUCK, but from an overall character/aesthetic design and not in terms of moveset. :p

How to do you get Ryu's 15th color?

Get your Ryu to a higher level, I'd wager, based on the comments in this thread.

This should've been a trophy

What exactly is this noodle?

When do costumes become available for purchase? I want my hot Ryu already.

As it has been said over and over already:
Whenever Capcom decides zenny is ready for the store, as premium costumes can only be purchased with real money (zenny).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom