• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

HardRojo

GLORIOUS RUNBACK PATCH

Just went 2-1 against some guy on ranked. First match I got beat, and he got enough points to go super bronze. Beat him the next two fights and knocked him back down to bronze again.

the jett giveth, and the jett taketh away
Haha it's nice when people are such good sports about rematches. A Vega in Silver RQed on me after I won the second match :( we were in the same league so that was 66 more points I believe.

mbpm1

Getting kinda used to Alex.

Not getting used to the fact that all the matches I've had over the past hour are mirrors

Let me play other characters lol

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Getting kinda used to Alex.

Not getting used to the fact that all the matches I've had over the past hour are mirrors

Let me play other characters lol

This is why I was saying it would have been better if they released characters in packs as opposed to one at a time. Every month is gonna be like this. Oh well.

he was lvl 24 when I had access to color 14 (which is 10k FM btw), he's level 27 now.

Ah, I'm right below 24 so I guess I'll check once I hit it. I put myself through easy and normal survivals and already couldn't take it, more power to anyone who has gone through hard and hell lol.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
My initial thoughts on Alex, just based off my really quick time with him in Training and completing his Trials:

Seems much, much slower and less nimble than his Third Strike version. His backdrop off HP.chop timing is different so it threw me off at first. It almost feels like a buffer/one motion. His special Headbutt attack actually feels incomplete--is there a way to follow up off of it? His LK stomp jumps over people really up close so shenanigans seem out. V-Trigger looks like it can set up some messed up combos--Brutality potential high! Lastly, HATE HIS NEW VOICE.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Got to round 67 of Extreme survival with almost no resistance from the CPU and then suddenly Laura has instantaneous reactions and combos for days. What an unbelievably bad use of time.

RedEther

Which did you use?

Against characters with bad anti-airs jump in with mk, cr.mp link cr.mk and go into her launcher then qcb lk aka mujinkyaku.

Take a step forward then repeat with jump mk and above repeat until dizzy.

Characters with good anti-airs on the other hand you might want to confirm on the ground but at lower levels 1-20's jump ins are kinda free.

Just try to find a way to constantly cross up the cpu after knockdowns/juggles is my best advice.

Now I'm gonna try to beat it with Chun.

mbpm1

Hitting people with EX stomp from full screen to end matches is so stupid but fun

My initial thoughts on Alex, just based off my really quick time with him in Training and completing his Trials:

Seems much, much slower and less nimble than his Third Strike version. His backdrop off HP.chop timing is different so it threw me off at first. It almost feels like a buffer/one motion. His special Headbutt attack actually feels incomplete--is there a way to follow up off of it? His LK stomp jumps over people really up close so shenanigans seem out. V-Trigger looks like it can set up some messed up combos--Brutality potential high! Lastly, HATE HIS NEW VOICE.
Can't comment on the rest, but EX stomp and EX headbutt are controllable so shenanigans exist there

Since when can Gief SPD from more than sweep distance and connect without using EX or dashing? I swear survival is making this stuff up as it goes along. Currently stuck at 999 LP and round 45 of survival on hard. :\

I know. I started it just to see my new Ken color and then it was so easy for so long that I got sucked in by my curiosity about the difficulty curve. Never again.

Same BS that happens to me on Hard. :\

mbpm1

Done with Alex for now.

As fun as he can be...slow grappler types are a thing I wanted to switch away from after Gief, and even Gief felt oddly faster than this. Maybe it's both that and his charge nature that are holding me back.

Since when can Gief SPD from more than sweep distance and connect without using EX or dashing?

If you're using Ryu, always I think.

Got to round 67 of Extreme survival with almost no resistance from the CPU and then suddenly Laura has instantaneous reactions and combos for days. What an unbelievably bad use of time.

You got the input reading AI. It was believed that mapping a button to nothing and spamming it in between your inputs will throw this input reading AI off.

Since when can Gief SPD from more than sweep distance and connect without using EX or dashing? I swear survival is making this stuff up as it goes along. Currently stuck at 999 LP and round 45 of survival on hard. :\

LP spd range is larger than EX I believe, basically if gief can hit you with crouching LP, he can lp SPD you.

Edzi

Whaa, his voice sounds pretty close to his 3rd strike voice doesn't it? It's good enough that I'm actually preferring it to his Japanese VA and will leave him in English (something I've yet to do for any other character).

mbpm1

Capcom Pro Talk SFV is so good. Floe with no filter.

What's the full(ish) story on Marn actually being in Vietnam?

The story is pretty simple.

Marn went back to Vietnam for a girl he loved.

Girl he loved realized he had no money.

Girl (who clearly didn't love him all that much) leaves him

Marn spent all his money getting to Vietnam

Marn has no job

Marn decides he'd better try finding ways to earn money in Vietnam

Marn still doesn't have a job

Whaa, his voice sounds pretty close to his 3rd strike voice doesn't it? It's good enough that I'm actually preferring it to his Japanese VA and will leave him in English (something I've yet to do for any other character).

JP cammy feels like someone is stabbing me in the kidneys.

So since extra colors 11-15 are tied to character levels, what do I keep doing to increase a character level? Just keep playing survival until I get my ass handed to me?

BiggNife

Is there a YouTube video or something showing what all of the shop colors look like in game, since it looks like you can't from the shop?

I finally beat survival on hard with Karin

4ADOdQr.gif

What worked well for you? I tried the j.HK, cr.HK technique but all it took was one character (Mika) to hand me an L.

LP spd range is larger than EX I believe, basically if gief can hit you with crouching LP, he can lp SPD you.

He was outside of that range, I believe. But alas, I did it! I eventually got him down and somehow, mostly, easily cruised through the last 5 fights. 49 Dictator was harder than 50 Necalli. Mostly because my health was low and I kept getting low refills.

But it's done... y'know, unless I want more fight money. Or the colors for his alpha alt. Or unless I take on extreme/hell.

So since extra colors 11-15 are tied to character levels, what do I keep doing to increase a character level? Just keep playing survival until I get my ass handed to me?

Trials. Story Mode. Fights, even casual, doesn't have to be ranked, just needs to not be in Battle Lounge. Survival.

i was sitting in my lobby for 2 hours and no other alex player joined. almost all the other players had the same skill, so that was quite nice. still only winning with gimmicks. gotta hit the lab and check the threads for tips.

Ranked increases your level. Not sure about Lounges or casual though

Trials. Story Mode. Fights, even casual, doesn't have to be ranked, just needs to not be in Battle Lounge. Survival.

Alright, thanks. If casual matches work, then good, because I can only get one-time XP from Trials and Story Mode it seems.

Oh, and with survival, do I still get XP for failed runs? If that's the case, that could be the motivation I need to actually keep trying to get a few of the 4-10 colors.

Steroyd

Terrible night with Cammy, really need to learn how to anti air because that is killing me right now, that and respecting other people's combos.

TheShah

The survival grind is so real. Every costume for every character. Can't see the light at the end of the tunnel. Also matchmaking has been fucking me today hard. Been paired up against Platinum and Super platinum players. Went up against Fchamp twice and Marn once even. When I got put up against a silver player again shit felt like easy mode.

Ame

Casual does too.
Dont know if the rate is lower than ranked.

You gain both FM and exp in ranked and casuals. Amount of exp depends on who you're facing. You get 125 exp for playing someone in the same league. If they're a league above it's 150, if they're a league below you it's 100. It increases/decreases the higher or lower the league differential is.

You also get 500FM and 1000 exp by watching character specific demonstrations in the challenges menu.

Oh, and with survival, do I still get XP for failed runs? If that's the case, that could be the motivation I need to actually keep trying to get a few of the 4-10 colors.

If you fail survival, you get nothing.

MechaX

God damn, I think I just killed my wrists and fingers trying to do Karin's #6 challenge.

I had to do outside research to figure out the Orochi was just whiffing in the corner, but holy crap, I just do not have the dexterity to do this.

I guess I'll probably just put ice on my hands for the next half-hour, but holy shit, I have never had this kind of problem before. I can get the fastest tenko, but I just do not comprehend the timing with the Orochi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom