• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotia

Banned
The only thing I don't like about Alex is how small the grab space is for his hyper bomb. I've had matches thrown in the trash 'cause I was half a frame off.

So I went like 2-20 with Alex. I don't play grapplers and it showed. I also knew like, 1 combo so that didn't help either. He's pretty fun, but I feel like he can be bullied really easily.

"She sucks. No real block-strings, everything is minus on block."

latest

I hate this bitch, after Evo, so many players were using her...

I kinda feel Alex might end up a little like Vega. Looks strong early on but a lot of the stuff that works is unsafe, he has decent pokes but doesn't get much off of the where as characters like Chun and Karin have better (faster) pokes and can combo off low attacks, he has a command grab but doesn't have mix-ups like Mika/Laura, and has no get off me move.

Then again that's just my feelings day one having just lost 1k pp.

Too much start-up to be a good up-close AA.

The EX knee and stand jab are okay.

Yea I don't think Alex has many good options to deal with crossup or close jump pressure (tho who does?). lk DP seemed good close, walking out or backing up seemed the best anti crossup so far.

Well at least we got some cool colors. Chasing my default Ken color to #14, all black looks cool. #13 white is nice too.

I kinda don’t want to spend 40K on Alpha ken though if the FM trophy is about having 1 million on the screen at one point.

Yeah no idea. I'm gomna be up all night anyway. It's gone midnight but I wanna keep playing.

Oh and the best anti-air with Alex is standing light punch. Give it a try.

HardRojo

Asking again before spending my FM. Does the 1 million FM trophy require you to have it all at once or does it also count the FM you no longer have?

I just bought cammy colour 12 and ken colour 14 even though I don't play them...oh and a title.

and the vega profile theme, fuck it we splurging now.

>_>

Scotia

Banned
Asking again before spending my FM. Does the 1 million FM trophy require you to have it all at once or does it also count the FM you no longer have?

We don't know. It's not been specified by Capcom. Try tweeting them or something, you might get a reply.

mbpm1

Played some Alex.

I feel like he has great potential and rather deep game masked by a simple game plan.

That said...his playstyle might not be for me :(

Well at least we got some cool colors. Chasing my default Ken color to #14, all black looks cool. #13 white is nice too.

I kinda don’t want to spend 40K on Alpha ken though if the FM trophy is about having 1 million on the screen at one point.

I'm currently attempting survival hard again... but this time with lucky color #13, I hope.

Character level prolly, ken is my highest level char because I beat hell with him, and he's the only one who I've got colour 14 for.

What level is your Ken? Mine only goes to color 13, but I'm at level 19 or so, I think.

I legit think I'm gonna start running Necalli once his premium outfit drops.

His premium outfit is one of the few I like, but again it's on a character I'm not overly fond of using (Ryu, Cammy, Chun, Necalli are the three that I really like out of the premiums. Nash is alright too, I suppose. Cammy's alt is probably the only one I'd pay for with real money.

Amedo310

Questions:

1. Anyone experience the game not responding to inputs at the start of main menu for a couple of minutes? It happens at random.

2. Do season pass holders still have to buy stages, colors, and story costumes with fight money? I accessed the store and spent fight money on Charlie story costumes and a few colors.

2. Do season pass holders still have to buy stages, colors, and story costumes with fight money? I accessed the store and spent fight money on Charlie story costumes and a few colors.

Things included in the season pass:
6 DLC characters (Juri, Guile, Alex, Balrog, Ibuki, Urien)
6 premium costumes (1 each, for the DLC characters above)
1 stage, per the march update post about bonuses for SP holders

Things you get for free outside of the season pass:
Ryu's story mode alt. costume
Chun-Li's story mode alt. costume

Things you must buy with FM or Zenny:
Original 16 story mode costumes
Additional colors
Additional titles
Stages (speculation here, nothing known for sure yet, only that 1 stage has been mentioned as a freebie for SP holders)

Things you must buy with Zenny:
Premium costumes for the original 16 characters

Amedo310

Things included in the season pass:
6 DLC characters (Juri, Guile, Alex, Balrog, Ibuki, Urien)
6 premium costumes (1 each, for the DLC characters above)
1 stage, per the march update post about bonuses for SP holders

Things you get for free outside of the season pass:
Ryu's story mode alt. costume
Chun-Li's story mode alt. costume

Things you must buy with FM or Zenny:
Original 16 story mode costumes
Additional colors
Additional titles
Stages (speculation here, nothing known for sure yet, only that 1 stage has been mentioned as a freebie for SP holders)

Things you must buy with Zenny:
Premium costumes for the original 16 characters

Thank you.

jett

D-Member
GLORIOUS RUNBACK PATCH

Just went 2-1 against some guy on ranked. First match I got beat, and he got enough points to go super bronze. Beat him the next two fights and knocked him back down to bronze again.

the jett giveth, and the jett taketh away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom