• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm expecting Alex, Guile and Balrog to be present or possibly be playable or played against in the June story mode.

Wait are you serious you can't purchase Alex at all until they get Zenny available. Why? I want to purchase him with FM

Because he's free for everyone until you can?

MechaX

Just finished that one, took me 30 minutes. I can't feel my fingers anymore, time to stop playing for today :(

Shit, better than me: I was on it for almost an hour after I got off of work and I still couldn't do it.

Meanwhile, I decided to try Cammy and cleared all of her stuff in like 20 minutes despite never seriously playing Cammy like ever. in any SF title. Her challenges were definitely a lot easier for me and my brain worked a lot better in keeping up with directional changes than Karin's piano exercises.

Time to see what other characters I can do before my hands die entirely for the day.

Dizzy-4U

Shit, better than me: I was on it for almost an hour after I got off of work and I still couldn't do it.

Meanwhile, I decided to try Cammy and cleared all of her stuff in like 20 minutes despite never seriously playing Cammy like ever. in any SF title. Her challenges were definitely a lot easier for me and my brain worked a lot better in keeping up with directional changes than Karin's piano exercises.

Time to see what other characters I can do before my hands die entirely for the day.
They are quite easy in comparison I think. Mika was a little unorthodox (holding down buttons and stuff) but not that hard to pull off.

Karin was the roadblock for me. That and Ryu's final trial. I can't connect that damn back roundhouse.....

I tried messing with the mesh of Ken's face earlier and as I suspected most of the damage is being done in his materials/textures/normal map. I think I'm going to try and re-structure the shape of his eye and chin a bit tho and then do the rest elsewhere.

I know but I figured I'd still be able to purchase him with FM so I wouldn't have to worry about it when the have the Zenny ready

Things that are unlocked in the game are probably locked from purchase in the store, so even if he was in there he'd prolly show up as "purchased", so you wouldn't be able to buy him anyway.

Same will probably happen with pre-purchase costumes.

mbpm1

I tried messing with the mesh of Ken's face earlier and as I suspected most of the damage is being done in his materials/textures/normal map. I think I'm going to try and re-structure the shape of his eye and chin a bit tho and then do the rest elsewhere.

Garrett aka Capcom's real art division

Garrett aka Capcom's real art division
I wish :p it's a lot easier to do things based on their models than it is to work from scratch, thankfully :) but I would like to work in either art or game design one day so this is all very helpful stuff.

also these trials might not be 100% perfect but they're seriously amazing because they forced me to learn about cancelling and I feel so much better instantly.

I wish :p it's a lot easier to do things based on their models than it is to work from scratch, thankfully :) but I would like to work in either art or game design one day so this is all very helpful stuff.

You probably play SF V art more than you play SF V game. But we're definitely glad you're around.

also these trials might not be 100% perfect but they're seriously amazing because they forced me to learn about cancelling and I feel so much better instantly.

You should send your work to Ono. You never know.

Spman2099

why is linking lp into flash chop so hard. stupid challenge

I have finished all the trials except that one. I don't get it. It seems harder than anything in this game should be able to be. I am happy someone else is having the same problem. I thought I was just going crazy.

You probably play SF V art more than you play SF V game. But we're definitely glad you're around.
I do :( I have like 27 hours on Steam for SFV and that's pretty much all modding LOL

I play on PS4 mostly but I probably have like... 25 hours there or so.
You should send your work to Ono. You never know.
Heh, I'm not ready yet. Still in third year of my university course, but next year is our honours year so we get to do a personal project and I'm going to try and focus mine on video game art.

I'm also lucky in that this year I have a module for which I can use my SFV modding as "evidence of research", as it involves the entire art pipeline of video games from concept through modelling, mapping, importing into engine and then baking into game.

Spman2099

Have you considered fixing all the little visual problems in the game, adding some of the amazing costumes you have made, sending it all to Capcom in an e-mail, giving them permission to use them (as long as they give you credit), and attaching a resume for good measure?

Have you considered fixing all the little visual problems in the game, adding some of the amazing costumes you have made, sending it all to Capcom in an e-mail, giving them permission to use them (as long as they give you credit), and attaching a resume for good measure?
Nah, I'm definitely nowhere near that level yet and also Japanese companies rarely tend to hire foreigners. But it's all good evidence for portfolio + good practice so I'm happy doing it all anyway. :)

I do :( I have like 27 hours on Steam for SFV and that's pretty much all modding LOL

I play on PS4 mostly but I probably have like... 25 hours there or so.

Heh, I'm not ready yet. Still in third year of my university course, but next year is our honours year so we get to do a personal project and I'm going to try and focus mine on video game art.

I'm also lucky in that this year I have a module for which I can use my SFV modding as "evidence of research", as it involves the entire art pipeline of video games from concept through modelling, mapping, importing into engine and then baking into game.

Nice, I've given seminars on the pipeline, and I'd say learning new things is prolly the best thing you can do.

Nice, I've given seminars on the pipeline, and I'd say learning new things is prolly the best thing you can do.
Yeah, I spoke to one of my lecturers about it - he used to be an artist in game dev and wrote a book on character design, modelling + animation - and he said very similar things. I'm quite lucky in that I have a lot of flexibility in terms of what I want to hand in on my course which gives me freedom to do fun stuff like this :)

Edit: Yep Normal is now easier WTH

Really? I'm having trouble fighting against Ryu through Bison. I attempted with Alex, got to Ryu and he was about to beat me but I managed to beat him. When I got to Zangief, it was over for me. When I got to Necalli with Bison, Rashid, and alt Cammy, he mauled me. I suck lol.

Mupod

well, if anyone's trying to do survival with alex: slash elbow is your friend. AI before round 25 or so eats it almost 100% of the time and it works alright above that too (including on bison). Don't try it against Ryu, because OH GOD HADOKENS FUCK MY LIFE. Beat normal though, so I'm happy.

Note to self, stop getting random'd by Bronze/barely Silver players that actually belong there(I'm excluding guys that didn't rank down or get a new name). I will get very salty about it and those dudes will want no part of a rematch. I guess I can't blame them, I use to do a similar thing when I was a kid playing SF2. I would get my ass beat by my cousin maybe 10 times in a row, but the moment I got one win I would stop playing and brag about how I won the last match we played together. Sure I'd love to beat them down in a rematch, but I guess I can take some solace in the fact that I kind of made their day, at least for a moment since I'm sure they want to savor that victory a little longer.

Sigmaah

This AI is fucking nuts, get to 26-29 and keep getting beat, using Alex. It's normal, why tf can the AI read every fucking thing I try to do before I even do it,

COME ON CAPCOM.

mbpm1

What's Alex's best anti-airs? Seems like his kinda suck

His aa's are fine from range though

Cr. hp uggles into flash chop which juggles into super
St. lp is ryu-esque in it's hitbox telling jumpers to take a hike
Fwd HP is also good
His Laura-esque air throw DP has some inv with EX and can work even without

Looking at Alex's hitboxes, his j.hp is weird. It's really a small.

His jumping normals are garbage at close ranges I've found

Celcius

°Temp. member
This AI is fucking nuts, get to 26-29 and keep getting beat, using Alex. It's normal, why tf can the AI read every fucking thing I try to do before I even do it,

COME ON CAPCOM.

Spam powerbomb. When you get to Zangief, do nothing but crouching HK. The only fight that'll give you a hard time is Bison at the end.

MechaX

They are quite easy in comparison I think. Mika was a little unorthodox (holding down buttons and stuff) but not that hard to pull off.

Karin was the roadblock for me. That and Ryu's final trial. I can't connect that damn back roundhouse.....

That last Ryu trial is definitely something else. Way out of proportion to the other ones (which are essentially a lot of dial in or target combos).

But Cammy's stuff being so easy made me try her out in the lab a little bit. She's kind of an interesting character, but V-Trigger for only two Spikes/Cannons is... whoa. But she's very interesting I think.

I'll probably give Mika a try tomorrow; the best thing about playing on stick is that holding down certain buttons isn't too bad compared to on pad, I think.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

COME ON CAPCOM.

crouch jab x2xxstun gun headbutt x loop forever. Throw in occasional stomp.

Sigmaah

Ima try the head butt loop. Been doing the power bomb but lord behold ai knows what's good before I even do it. I'll post results when I get back home.

Spman2099

Yeah, I spoke to one of my lecturers about it - he used to be an artist in game dev and wrote a book on character design, modelling + animation - and he said very similar things. I'm quite lucky in that I have a lot of flexibility in terms of what I want to hand in on my course which gives me freedom to do fun stuff like this :)

From what I have seen of your work, I am ready to consider you the best in the world. That being said, I don't understand anything. Either way, I am a fan. You are a king.

anyone buy ken's alpha alt and record matches? i'd like to watch a few before i toss down 40k FM for it considering you never really get to see it in action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom