• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gnvprwz.jpg

I'm gonna go ahead and pretend she's batgirl or something.

Is there a Batgirl mod anyway? :p
HOW do you get that colour

Tan

God damn, I think I just killed my wrists and fingers trying to do Karin's #6 challenge.

I had to do outside research to figure out the Orochi was just whiffing in the corner, but holy crap, I just do not have the dexterity to do this.

I guess I'll probably just put ice on my hands for the next half-hour, but holy shit, I have never had this kind of problem before. I can get the fastest tenko, but I just do not comprehend the timing with the Orochi.

I'm completely lost on how to cancel into the fast tenko. I can do it no problem on its own but I am completely incapable of canceling info it. Any advice?

Edit: I did it. I was buffering the punch.

Smo21

God damn, I think I just killed my wrists and fingers trying to do Karin's #6 challenge.

I had to do outside research to figure out the Orochi was just whiffing in the corner, but holy crap, I just do not have the dexterity to do this.

I guess I'll probably just put ice on my hands for the next half-hour, but holy shit, I have never had this kind of problem before. I can get the fastest tenko, but I just do not comprehend the timing with the Orochi.

It's annoying but nowhere near as bad as some of the ones in 4. There's a very specific timing for the orochi. I don't know how some pros hit it all the time.

I'm completely lost on how to cancel into the fast tenko. I can do it no problem on its own but I am completely incapable of canceling info it. Any advice?

The timing is also very specific in combo. You can't just dial it in, from the cancel. Delay the qcf k plinked into p. You'll find the timing but you have to hit it late.

jediyoshi

the story costumes for ryu and karin look so young and innocent in comparison it's hilarious

the torn off sleeves on ryu just look adorable

FluxWaveZ

Just got on after the recent update.

Imma get a title.

Edit: And here I am doing Survival (Hard) again for extra costume colors. Wonderful.

BiggNife

Sorry if this has been asked, but is there no way to get colors 14 and 15 yet or do I need my character at a higher level

Because holy shit I want Vega color 15

MechaX

Edit: I did it. I was buffering the punch.

After the low mk, I kinda just roll the motion for the dash and piano mk into mp. It'll get me fast tenko almost all the time near the corner, and most of the time out of it. The problem with the Orochi was either I whiff it entirely, or I can't get the down motion out in time and I just do another tenko. To be honest, just doing tenkos is a fuck ton easier.

It's annoying but nowhere near as bad as some of the ones in 4. There's a very specific timing for the orochi. I don't know how some pros hit it all the time.

Yeah, the timing has to be either super strict or it just doesn't work anywhere near close to the corner (or even both).

But I took a break from Karin's ones for now and went through Ryu's. His actually aren't too bad, but the final challenge is definitely a bit weird. Eh, maybe I'll move on to another character.

FluxWaveZ

I don't feel Ranked is worth it at Super Gold anymore. Either you win and get 5-30 points, or you lose and you lose 100+ points :/

I face a fair amount of people in my league as one who wavers between Super and Ultra Gold, and in those matches you'll lose/win 50-60 points.

It does get weird when you go against an Ultra Bronze who's clearly too good to be in that league, and you'll get rewarded with 5 points for a match where you were close to losing 100+.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Exhausted, just came out of the gym, up since 5 teaching high schoolers, then home to cook for the kids. About one hour left before I absolutely need to be in bed to function at all tomorrow at work.

Training Mode it is.

I face a fair amount of people in my league as one who wavers between Super and Ultra Gold, and in those matches you'll lose/win 50-60 points.

It does get weird when you go against an Ultra Bronze who's clearly too good to be in that league, and you'll get rewarded with 5 points for a match where you were close to losing 100+.

I only get matched with killer bronze and silver players. They must be still in those leagues because they get matched up with gold players.

Tonight was a bad night - lost all the points I had gained and am in danger of falling back out of bronze. Feels rough, and I've basically lost all confidence I had in my abilities after losing a bunch of matches I should have won, especially to a bunch of Alexes that were clearly just learning the character. Really annoyed with myself.

Dizzy-4U

Just finished that one, took me 30 minutes. I can't feel my fingers anymore, time to stop playing for today :(

I'm expecting Alex, Guile and Balrog to be present or possibly be playable or played against in the June story mode.

Wait are you serious you can't purchase Alex at all until they get Zenny available. Why? I want to purchase him with FM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom