• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super Bronze the land of fucking jabbers, and in Ryu's case, defense jabs and LP shoryuken whenever you jump.As Ken just HK it? these Ryu's dont stay still for it

Same boat, buddy. If you want to Battle Lounge a bit with someone stuck in the same section, lemme know or PM me. East Coast, CFN is AdmiralSnackbar.

Sheroking

I keep getting beaten up in Casual :( I think i am just terrible at this game. I don't know how to improve my Chun Li game :(

Real talk: Watch Final Round next weekend.

Watching high level play helps EVERYONE from top players to new players. It will give you an idea of how to play.

Helloween

Watching high level play helps EVERYONE from top players to new players. It will give you an idea of how to play.

Will do!

Biggest issue i think i got is when someone jumps over me hits from behind, not sure how to deal with it

That's excellent advice. I was an awful Super Smash Bros player, and watching the pros at EVO was a huge help.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
The ranking system is weird in certain intervals.

I'm at around 2.2k points, when I lose to someone with almost 4k, he gains 55 and I lose 55. Eventhough he has almost twice the amount of points?

Same thing happens if I beat someone with slightly over 1.5k.

edit: Finally got the title!

unbenanntt3qaj.jpg

Sayad

Will do!

Biggest issue i think i got is when someone jumps over me hits from behind, not sure how to deal with it
Either jump and throw them or dash under them to avoid having to block the cross up, of course you have to be anticipating the jump based to on their position to react fast enough.

Shito

Damn, I should really play this game more, I kept hovering between 1400 and 1800 LP all day long. I always lose to silvers because of the stupidest things, and because of my own impatience and lack of matches under my belt. Highlight of the day was taking a round off a gold player, I guess. ^^

I also fought the most unnerving Ken player ever. He kept jumping back and do random things that caught me off guard each time I got close to him. In the end I decided to sit on my advantage and let him do the work, and then... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duRKNdw4k0I

Protip for Laura players out there, which I stole from watching VRyu play the other night: against a Nash, start off the round with a st.HP. Beats the stupid openings they love to do. :)

Bonus GIF: hey, I think we're twins!

KBIsHPX.gif

I keep getting beaten up in Casual :( I think i am just terrible at this game. I don't know how to improve my Chun Li game :(

On top of watching tournaments, consider watching a streamer plays the same charater that you are trying to learn. In the case of Chun-Li, I would recommend that you check out BrolyLegs steam. I learned a ton playing Chun-Li in SFIV from watching him, and he still plays Chun-Li in V:
https://www.twitch.tv/brolylegs

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
This is the only title I care about getting.

Anyone know the requirements for the title unlocks? They seem random to me.
Got it randomly by winning a ranked match. I've played...a lot of this game...

edit: I was level 32, haven't beaten hard survival

So I meet a 1.8k LP Ken in ranked, and make the mistake of thinking to myself that for once I won't have to deal with full-screen tatsus and mashed DPs. WRONG! That person's gameplan was all full-screen tatsus and mashed DPs. Despite their playstyle taking me by surprise, I had fun with a pretty good comeback in the first round, but then got sloppy in the second and got KO's by another mashed DP. Third round, though, I knew what I was dealing with and connection with opponent was lost. [40002]

The ranking system is weird in certain intervals.

I'm at around 2.2k points, when I lose to someone with almost 4k, he gains 55 and I lose 55. Eventhough he has almost twice the amount of points?

Same thing happens if I beat someone with slightly over 1.5k.

edit: Finally got the title!

unbenanntt3qaj.jpg
how do you get the yellow titles.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
I have a hard time understanding how so many people are good at this game. People are good in Super Bronze. And by good I mean they could probably beat a tournament level player on a good day.

qcf x2

Had a match so laggy that the sound was echoing, pretty jarring haha.

I wonder if there's a network issue? I got a random invite for a FT5 against a solid 5 bar Karin and it was like I was playing a 2 bar connection. Dropped inputs EVERYWHERE, it was for all practical purposes unplayable. PS4 to PS4 too, so I don't know why...

And then I hop back in training mode and I'm getting slowdown (matchmaking off).

Xevren

I wonder if there's a network issue? I got a random invite for a FT5 against a solid 5 bar Karin and it was like I was playing a 2 bar connection. Dropped inputs EVERYWHERE, it was for all practical purposes unplayable. PS4 to PS4 too, so I don't know why...

And then I hop back in training mode and I'm getting slowdown (matchmaking off).

If there's one thing I'm always sure of its not my connection at least, google fiber up in!

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I have a hard time understanding how so many people are good at this game. People are good in Super Bronze. And by good I mean they could probably beat a tournament level player on a good day.
I feel like people actually get to do a lot of the stuff they wanted to do in 4 but couldn't because of the execution barrier.

Just because they can beat a tournament level player on a good day, it doesn't necessarily mean that they are actually good. ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfEVcZ3anG0

Also, I'm super/ultra bronze depending on the time of day, and I doubt very much that I could beat a tournament level player on a good day. Unless they severely drunk. And their stick was broken. And somebody was covering their eyes. Then maybe.

Ucchedavāda;198226546 said:
Just because they can beat a tournament level player on a good day, it doesn't necessarily mean that they are actually good. ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfEVcZ3anG0

Also, I'm super/ultra bronze depending on the time of day, and I doubt very much that I could beat a tournament level player on a good day. Unless they severely drunk. And their stick was broken. And somebody was covering their eyes. Then maybe.

Same. I watch high level Mika stuff and cringe at all the wasted jump-ins and cross-ups I eat. There's a lot more than getting combo execution down and I'm failing at that, HARD.

Mupod

haven't played in a while due to busy life stuff, do a casual match to get back into things. Have a pretty decent match against a Nash and he quits at the end. Why

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Have they ever adressed the completely broken Battle Lounge search?

- it's barely showing any flags
- it's barely showing a connection quality
- it's giving wrong connection info (across the atlantic probably isn't 5 bars)
- people are listed as "Rookie" when they aren't
- there's no filter for location or latency
- it says they're full or don't exist anymore way too often, must be very old information

Mediking

Just fought a Cammy main that literally spammed the same move over and over. I'm also a Cammy main so I feel torn. A part of myheart respects that the guy literally spammed the same move over and over and beat me and another part of my heart thinks he has no skill.

MadGear

I lend a friends fight stick over this weekend ... and haven't won a single match against a decent player so far. I haven't really used one in years but I was expecting to be able to pick this up way quicker again. I was wrong. I'm still able to do the motions just fine but I clearly seem to now lack the muscle memory to focus on the game itself rather than on my inputs.
However compared to playing on a keyboard pressing buttons already feels so much more satisfying than pressing a key. I was hoping that this would help me make up my mind but as of right now I'm still torn between getting myself a stick or building a custom hitbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom