• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trickster

God fucking damnit i hate when I lose largely because I lose the rng game. Necalli who mashes DP most of the time when I actually try to try him on wakeups and reset. but whenever I try to bait it out, nothing, fuck this.

Gave a shot to survival hell with Ken earlier, hit stage 69 and Mika goes berserk.
I avoid things long enough to get a fight request and hit start > battle.
I get the "connecting..." dialog box and sit back waiting for the screen transition to see who I'm going to fight, but I never even get the "ANOTHER FIGHT IS COMING YOUR WAY".

And what happens next, you ask?
Why the game just resumes at the exact moment I hit start to accept the match. No pause menu, no fight/stage reset. My hands weren't even fully on the fight stick at that point so Mika gets a free shot and does some BnB and ends my run.

Just another broken piece of SFV; thanks Capcom.

Xeteh

I feel like it is a total diceroll if I'll be able to beat Bison on normal survival with Mika. Sometimes he lets me do anything but most of the time he's just on me from the start of the match and I never get a chance to press a button.

Trickster

Okay I need some help understanding how the fuck wakeups, specifically quickrises work in this game. I seem to quickrise way slower than everyone else I fight. If i quickrise and try to hit a button, I so goddamn often get crush countered because of it, yet this problem seems exclusive to me, If i try to dash and attack someone quickrising, they come out the victor, I don't fucking get it

Mupod

really don't get what I'm supposed to be doing as Alex against people who do things other than sit at fullscreen. I occasionally win against defensive players but I just can't do anything against pressure. Normals and grabs lose to pretty much everything and I can't get any damage off of lights without meter. I know you can theoretically do standing LP into LP chop but uh yeah that's not happening online. Lariat seemed so good in training mode but in practice it misses at ridiculously close distances. I guess I just need to see a good player using him but right now I don't feel at all in control of matches like I do with Bison.

really don't get what I'm supposed to be doing as Alex against people who do things other than sit at fullscreen. I occasionally win against defensive players but I just can't do anything against pressure. Normals and grabs lose to pretty much everything and I can't get any damage off of lights without meter. I know you can theoretically do standing LP into LP chop but uh yeah that's not happening online. Lariat seemed so good in training mode but in practice it misses at ridiculously close distances. I guess I just need to see a good player using him but right now I don't feel at all in control of matches like I do with Bison.

You need to reverse the momentum. Use his V-reversal, and go in and pressure with St.MP. Make them fear tick throws, and use Cr.LK, St.LP xx LP chop as a blockstring. It's very hard to punish.

Gave a shot to survival hell with Ken earlier, hit stage 69 and Mika goes berserk.
I avoid things long enough to get a fight request and hit start > battle.
I get the "connecting..." dialog box and sit back waiting for the screen transition to see who I'm going to fight, but I never even get the "ANOTHER FIGHT IS COMING YOUR WAY".

And what happens next, you ask?
Why the game just resumes at the exact moment I hit start to accept the match. No pause menu, no fight/stage reset. My hands weren't even fully on the fight stick at that point so Mika gets a free shot and does some BnB and ends my run.

Just another broken piece of SFV; thanks Capcom.

http://oddshot.tv/shot/pr-balrog-201602295245606

Ferrio

Banned
Oh shit, Alex's F.HP is +3. That changes a lot.

Ya, that's his preferred meaty. Works a lot like mika's minus the launch. On hit you get combo, on block you get mixup, on crush counter you smash their face into the ground.

Was really hoping to find something like mika's corner reset, but nada so far.

It's a really good move... i think it might even be a good poke move if you got the spacing right. It's hitbox is all funky.

gqkXBh8.png

Shouta

Ya, that's his preferred meaty. Works a lot like mika's minus the launch. On hit you get combo, on block you get mixup, on crush counter you smash their face into the ground.

It's a really good move... i think it might even be a good poke move if you got the spacing right.

You could probably Anti-air with it as well.

It's a really good move... i think it might even be a good poke move if you got the spacing right. It's hitbox is all funky.

gqkXBh8.png

So now the gameplan is meaty F.HP, then mixup between command throw and St.MP into elbow. Alex is a terrifying stun monster. Especially if you land his headbutt even once. I think the EX version is very hard to react to, as it looks like the stomp at first, for which you'd want to stay blocking.

I'm really loving Alex. I realized I was getting bored with Nash. Alex is a breath of fresh air for now. I never seriously played a grappler or a charge character, so I'm surprised he clicked with me quickly.

Shadoken

I wish I could face more Mikas, if only to at least hear her theme more. I barely encounter any.

You know I have been thinking , perhaps the Matchmaking does take into consideration your main and tries to avoid Mirror matches. Because I rarely encounter Nash players , but once I changed my main I started fighting way more of them.

gqkXBh8.png
You could probably Anti-air with it as well.
In 3S, at least, it was a fantastic AA because of its weird hitbox (especially against Dudley, where Alex's fist is right at the apex of his jump arc) and surprising speed.

Mupod

f+hp is okay antiair if you use it really early but I feel like I never EVER land it on the ground. You have to be right on top of them and at that point you're being jabbed/grabbed out of everything.

Some setups that I've found effective with Alex:

After command grab, St.HK. I haven't tested it thoroughly against every option, but I believe it beats wakeup buttons, or maybe even non-frame 1 armored reversals (Need testing)

After command grab, LK elbow. This hits meaty so it's safe, and on hit you can link Cr.MP, which can be cancelled into V-trigger into super if you have it.

f+hp is okay antiair if you use it really early but I feel like I never EVER land it on the ground. You have to be right on top of them and at that point you're being jabbed/grabbed out of everything.

Try using it after EX chop. That move gives A LOT of frame advantage on hit.

Ferrio

Banned
After command grab, LK elbow. This hits meaty so it's safe, and on hit you can link Cr.MP, which can be cancelled into V-trigger into super if you have it.

After that cr.mp, v-trigger you could probably go for an EX headbutt too. Bet it would catch a lot of people off guard.

Some setups that I've found effective with Alex:

Mind testing something real quick since I just thought of it and I'm not at home?

Try meatying with f+hp at slight range (so the arm hitbox hits) when they wake up with a crouch. I'm curious if it whiffs.

Dizzy-4U

I'm running out of modes to farm FM, hard mode survival is my only option (aside from online of course). Goddamit, I'm only missing two story costumes, it's gonna be a pain.

After that cr.mp, v-trigger you could probably go for an EX headbutt too. Bet it would catch a lot of people off guard.

Mind testing something real quick since I just thought of it and I'm not at home?

Try meatying with f+hp at slight range (so the arm hitbox hits) when they wake up with a crouch. I'm curious if it whiffs.

If you mean hitting them with the fist, then no it doesn't whiff.

Oh good, thought it might be like cammy's st.hk as a meaty.

It seems forward throw is an important part of Alex's game. After it he can use St.HK to crush non-frame 1 armored reversals or 3F jabs. He can use LK slash to hit meaty after it too.

After meaty LK slash, Alex can link Cr.MP. If he has V-trigger, then he can pop that, and either go to super if he has it, or Cr.HP into EX Chop.

Whales

Banned
Everytime I feel I get better, I go play a little bit then I get mad as hell.

I lost against the scrubbiest Mika of all time, and it pisses me off. I still lose to scrubby tactics all over and people that constantly jump.

Ugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom