• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just realized I'm one of those players who has a stream of frame data constantly running through their mind in a match. Which is why I feel all the more helpless against Alex, not knowing which buttons are safe and which aren't.

Come on FAT, get your Alex on!

Quesa

ySkaZnC.jpg

I finished Alex, Bison, and Laura's normal survival mode. Any tips on R-Mika, Zangief, Fang, and Rashid? I attempted Ryu on hard and only got to level 11. I felt defeated after that.

I finished Alex, Bison, and Laura's normal survival mode. Any tips on R-Mika, Zangief, Fang, and Rashid? I attempted Ryu on hard and only got to level 11. I felt defeated after that.

With Rashid, you can just spam his QCB+HK move. Works on every character except Ryu. Against Ryu, just do it when he walks forward or hits a button that's not fireball.

Producer

man Ranked matchmaking is so fucked right now. About 10 matches in a row with bronze players. Should not have left casual / lounge lol

LakeEarth

With Rashid, you can just spam his QCB+HK move. Works on every character except Ryu. Against Ryu, just do it when he walks forward or hits a button that's not fireball.

Absolutely right. They almost never punish it when they do block it. Also, if you get cornered, you can mp spinning mixer over their head for safety. EX eagle spike will also get you out of the corner as well.

Ryu is a problem because he won't stop throwing fireballs. You can air eagle spike, but you have to time it right because he will SRK sometimes. It's tough.

mbpm1

Filing a copyright strike @ PIKACHUAKUMA over my video :/

I asked him to take it down on twitter but he hasn't and he still didn't credit me or anything so down it goes. I feel like a dragon but oh well.

Haven't heard good things about him so not surprised. Although mostly that was ducking/ragemail type stuff

Solaire of Astora

Death by black JPN
Who are you talking to? Where in my previous posts did I say I would ragequit? I said that I wouldn't deal with sandbagging, and that's it. I have no problems losing up front. If you're better than me, you're better than me.

Well perhaps I was wrong, but this post made it seem like you were rage quitting.

If you're gonna sandbag the first match in an attempt to get two wins back to back, I'm gonna take the free win and back out. The rematch feature has already started a new garbage meta.

How else would you know they were sandbagging if you didn't agree to a rematch? I'm terrible at street fighter. I'm ranked in the 160, xxx and yet today I won two out of three against an 80, xxx ranked player, so I don't really understand how you can tell if someone's sandbagging from only playing one fight against them. Therefore, I assumed that you agreed to the rematch.

The part about "backing out with my win" can be taken a few ways. Either you won the first match and didn't agree to a rematch (and if that's the case, how would you know they were sandbagging?) or you agreed to a rematch and lost, which is fair enough. But "backing out with my win" implies that you didn't lose anything.

So yes. Assumptions being made on my part. For all I know, you flat out refuse all rematch requests, but the wording of this post was a little suspicious.

Filing a copyright strike @ PIKACHUAKUMA over my video :/

I asked him to take it down on twitter but he hasn't and he still didn't credit me or anything so down it goes. I feel like a dragon but oh well.

No need for you to feel trashy over this. You put in the effort, nobody should be profiting off it without give you any kind of acknowledgement.

Just got booted from the server while doing Hell Extreme Survival. Level 76. Feels real bad, man.

Capcom, give us save states, plz.

How low is the population that matchmaking is so chronically slow? I want to get better and play matches but jesus it's like watching paint dry waiting and then the load in process takes forever.

I feel like karin's 6th trial should've prolly been her 10th, the execution for it is tight and the timing as well. Though not super hard as long as you remember that you should hold down/downback for orochi before even starting the dash (so 2362(1)) +k~p)

Personally I'd never do cMK after jumping in with a heavy, since cMP links into MP, and then you can just do the same tenko > orochi if you want.
I feel like they put in cMK just to make it a bit more execution heavy since you have to watch out for negative edge.

LegendX48

How low is the population that matchmaking is so chronically slow? I want to get better and play matches but jesus it's like watching paint dry waiting and then the load in process takes forever.

I feel like it depends on how often you win/lose. When I win consecutive games it doesn't seem to take that long, whereas when I get sent on a losing streak it takes ages.

BiggNife

I really don't think it's the population being low as much as it is capcom matchmaking being complete ass. I doubt Pokken has as many players as SFV yet I get matches within 10 seconds.

Xeteh

I find it impossible to do b.mk in to lp tragedy assault with Nash. Getting his 8th trial is proving to be way harder than it should be for me.

Rektash

Yeah, I got the same issue. I am getting a match every 3-5 minutes which is really slow compared to pretty much any other fighter I have played.

I've never used Zangief before in this game and got to Trial 8 and now I'm stumped.

I have to do hard kick and his ex boocht thing in the air and not got a clue how to do it. When I jump up and do a circle and punch it's already too late.

Any help

V-Trigger to MP Elbow with Alex is the bomb. It's a mixup between command grab and St.MP.

Also, His Max Punish against DPs actually doesn't involve crush counters. It's St.HP xx Heavy Slash xx EX Command Grab.

Ferrio

Banned
V-Trigger to MP Elbow with Alex is the bomb. It's a mixup between command grab and St.MP.

Also, His Max Punish against DPs actually doesn't involve crush counters. It's St.HP xx Heavy Slash xx EX Command Grab.

How much does that do? I've been using st.hk, HK elbow, EX flash as my CC combo. Even if mines less I might stick to it due to the oki EX flash gives ya.

Crush counters build Vtrigger too, so there's that.

BadWolf

I've never used Zangief before in this game and got to Trial 8 and now I'm stumped.

I have to do hard kick and his ex boocht thing in the air and not got a clue how to do it. When I jump up and do a circle and punch it's already too late.

Any help

Do:

Half circle forward, Up-Forward+PP

Put in a slight delay between the Up-Forward and hitting the punches so he can get into the air.

If you do it too fast then he will do a ground SPD.

How much does that do? I've been using st.hk, HK elbow, EX flash as my CC combo. Even if mines less I might stick to it due to the oki EX flash gives ya.

Crush counters build Vtrigger too, so there's that.

It does 333 compared to your 318. But you have good points about the oki.

Does anyone wanna run some sets right now?

RedAssedApe

Banned
lol...some of these trials i've completed the final steps by straight up mashing. like my reflexes aren't fast enough to jump between buttons sometimes :D

i hate the ones that make you do light attacks. these feel like sf4 1 framers to someone like me.

chriskun

So fired this up for the first time since last Saturday to try out Alex only to have the game run at about half speed for me. Has this happened for anyone else? I tried lowering the settings which helped a little bit but still not much. I have a GTX 660, I7 4790, 16gb ram, 250 gb ssd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom