• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
God i hate Necalli is there a good walkthrough for the character so I can see what their general strategy and combos are.

Ryu too this guy is a fucking wall that moves towards you

Mupod

getting really frustrated here, wanted Alex to be good but absolutely nothing is working out for me. Just fought a Bison and EVERYTHING I did was getting stuffed including my EX air grab when he was doing headstomp spam. No way to get in close enough for grabs and it's not like I can get any damage off the occasional cr.mp I was landing. I've tried the advice posted here and imitating other Alex players I've fought but I don't see how that could have been winnable if I'd played it 30 times.

I fucked up in that post. Instead of command throw for the second one I meant forward throw. As soon as the throw animation is done, do the elbow then Cr.MP and it should combo. No need for counterhit.

not working for me either...

getting really frustrated here, wanted Alex to be good but absolutely nothing is working out for me. Just fought a Bison and EVERYTHING I did was getting stuffed including my EX air grab when he was doing headstomp spam. No way to get in close enough for grabs and it's not like I can get any damage off the occasional cr.mp I was landing. I've tried the advice posted here and imitating other Alex players I've fought but I don't see how that could have been winnable if I'd played it 30 times.

not working for me either...

That's weird. It always combos for me. Do you want a vid?

And a FOURTH.FUCKING.CRASH.

I'm done. I'm deleting this game. I'm tired of fucking bullshit.

Feels good man:

KvaRZUJ.gif

Mupod

I'm gonna need some serious convincing to believe Alex is anything but the absolute worst character in the game atm. Pretty sure I could jump around and mash buttons with Nash having no idea what I'm doing and do better than this

Ferrio

Banned
I'm gonna need some serious convincing to believe Alex is anything but the absolute worst character in the game atm. Pretty sure I could jump around and mash buttons with Nash having no idea what I'm doing and do better than this

He's not going to be easy to use that's for sure. Big on footsies, a rough wakeup, and having to master a parry.

Isaccard

Hype died that fast huh

Edzi

I'm going to stick with him for a while because I like the character and he's still fun to play, but he definitely seems difficult to use at best and kinda bad at worst. I feel like he relies too heavily on his v-skill to do anything, which is bad because it's kinda hard to always be buffed by it since it goes away on hit (even when they block your attack, I think). A lot of his V-Skill buffed moves should have been that way by default, because as it is now he has no damage output outside of heavy attacks.

I also feel like his air knee move should be a reliable anti air without EX. As it is now, I don't see any use for the non EX versions.

Alex is all about conditioning. "Don't you dare move after a throw because I'm gonna elbow you. Not this time tho I'm gonna dash in for a command grab"

Ferrio

Banned
Alex is all about conditioning. "Don't you dare move after a throw because I'm gonna elbow you. Not this time tho I'm gonna dash in for a command grab"

Same could be said about Laura, but she can do it so much easier and stay there easier. Alex is much worse off in that aspect, but does have superior pokes. Right now I'm curious if the better pokes actually make up for that.

I also feel like his air knee move should be a reliable anti air without EX. As it is now, I don't see any use for the non EX versions.

Like Laura's you gotta do it earlier than most, which sucks especially since it's a dp motion instead of a qcf like hers. MK version looks like it has the best hitbox too.

Edzi

Same could be said about Laura, but she can do it so much easier and stay there easier. Alex is much worse off in that aspect, but does have superior pokes. Right now I'm curious if the better pokes actually make up for that.

Yeah, maybe the intention behind him was to just chip away at your life with pokes and the occasional command grab thrown in, because he just doesn't seem like he's great at getting damage from combos or staying in with pressure.

Hopefully there's still stuff to figure out though, I really want him to be good.

Like Laura's you gotta do it earlier than most, which sucks especially since it's a dp motion instead of a qcf like hers. MK version looks like it has the best hitbox too.

Hm, I was mostly trying HK last night since it seemed to have the better angle, but I'll give MK a try when I play tonight.

Awesome, I was hoping they would pay attention to this lol

It was the first thing I checked for when he was released.

This applies to pretty much all grappler type characters though. I really want Alex to be good in this game but him being such a stun monster doesn't fit well in this game IMO. His damage output is kinda meh for what he has to do and I think he is too reliant on getting counters to get good damage off of. I think he may have some hidden potential as we are still only day 2 but I think he will become to predictable as his best offensive options are pretty limited. Although I do like his normals they seem to be pretty good pokes and he has good range on a lot of stuff. He was usually ranked pretty low in 3S but I felt like he was more viable in that game because of some stuff he could get away with as well as the parry system being central to that game. Giving Ryu the parry as a V-Skill and making Alex's a V-Trigger only move was a mistake as Alex was the main character of 3S and should have adopted the systems in that game when introduced into SFV.

Here is to hoping I am just wrong in my assessment and he turns out to be a good viable character. I am kind of curious how Urien and Ibuki are going to turn out now.

joe2187

Banned
How many asses must I take to the face today?

How many I ask?

15 mikas....IN A FUCKING ROW!?

ASSAMANIA IS RUNNING WILD ON MY ASS!

Definitely liking Alex. The biggest thing right now us getting used to his AA's. Alex mirrors are pretty funny right now. Lot's of jabbing each other out of the air.

mbpm1

This applies to pretty much all grappler types characters though. I really want Alex to be good in this game but him being such a stun monster doesn't fit well in this game IMO. His damage output is kinda meh for what he has to do and I think he is too reliant on getting counters to get good damage off of. I think he may have some hidden potential as we are still only day 2 but I think he will become to predictable as his best offensive options are pretty limited. Although I do like his normals they seems to be pretty good pokes and he has good range on a lot of stuff. He was usually ranked pretty low in 3S but I felt like he was more viable in that game because of some stuff he could get away with as well as the parry system being central to that game. Giving Ryu the parry as a V-Skill and make Alex's a V-Trigger only move was a mistake as Alex was the main character of 3S and should have adopted the systems in that game when introduced into SFV.

Here is to hoping I am just wrong in my assessment and he turns out to be a good viable character. I am kind of curious how Urien and Ibuki are going to turn out now.

Save this post to requote when Alex wins a major :p

In all seriousness, I'm not sure how he works yet either.

Save this post to requote when Alex wins a major :p

In all seriousness, I'm not sure how he works yet either.

I would love if he won a major or placed top 8 and would be the first to eat crow.

Seems like Alex is relying a lot on frame traps and meaty setups so far. To counter him would be to mix up your quick rise game and don't mash buttons on wakeup/after his lp or mp as he is fishing for counters to get his main damage off of.

But don't take my word for it I could be full of shit for all I know.

Are lounges messed up for anyone else?

When searching battle lounges it seems to be pinging people from all continents. Connections that would clearly be 1 bar or less.

95% of the ping tests finish with the '?' then randomly after refreshes 5 bar connections will show in a sea of non-connections.

McNum

Thanks for the help on the Shoryuken to Super cancel yesterday, I can do it now. Most of the time. Some of the time.

With Ken it actually does something neat, since you can only cancel on hit or block. If the Shoryuken misses entirely, no super comes out, because you can't cancel a whiff. That has to be useful somehow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom