• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zackat

That's for scrubs.

Anyway, just lost to some 5.6k birdie, no idea how to play against birdie, dude has such ridiculous range, getting in is so hard and birdie players know that, so they're extra prepared to AA than most players.

I always have cr. Mp ready to go. I am always hoping people will jump. Except ryu with his dumb lk jump. That hitbox is wack.

Ferrio

Banned
Gonna have to put those throw inv pre-jump frames to work!

I've been messing around with his counterhit combos to take advantage of his V-Skill and when punishing DPs. It seems like this is his most damaging combo in the corner using one bar: CC st.HK, HK elbow, cr.HP, EX Knee.
If midscreen, I simply use CH st.HP, HP flash, follow up Power drop EX.
Alex is fun, I need to get into some serious matches with him first though.

Oh I didn't test where alex ends up after a knee, I should do that. So far EX flash seems to be the best ender to go into a wakeup mixup.

Xeteh

I don't know if you've ever attempted it before, if so did you find hard survival easier after the patch?

I'm not Flux and I've only done normal before/after the patch and I didn't notice any difference in the difficulty.

Btw still offering to look up frame data from the Prima guide for Alex if people have questions.

Trickster

I always have cr. Mp ready to go. I am always hoping people will jump. Except ryu with his dumb lk jump. That hitbox is wack.

What's the way to get in on Birdie as a Mika then in your oppinion? I feel like my only real option is jump and pray, or charge heavy kick and pray. Anything else I and get a fist or boot in my face from what feels like half a screen away

stn

Can you still SRK to victory with Ryu or Ken on Hell Survival? I wanna beat it for the trophy and then never touch it again.

Grimsen

Let's GO.

I've made a huge mistake

12919334_10154123974713417_983273531_o.png.jpg

Whales

Banned
I've completed Hard Survival twice, both times with Mika for both of her costumes. Seemed about the same for me, really.

I'm not Flux and I've only done normal before/after the patch and I didn't notice any difference in the difficulty.

Btw still offering to look up frame data from the Prima guide for Alex if people have questions.

Ok, thanks for the info guys

Also I just realized that being able to punish Vega's roll with Ryu's CA makes me so happy lol

Shouta

....f'n hell- https://t.co/O2xr1sBYmg

Fix for OSes created more problems. Is this all stemming from input leniency w/ jumps?

Nasty. Damn input leniency.

Anyway, played a bunch of Alex last night and I feel like he's lacking a little. He's playable but he doesn't feel like he has a full kit like all the other chars. His big damage also feels a little low for what you need to do to get it and the resources you spend. Alex is just in that weird inbetween Birdie and Zangief position. He has some unique aspects but I don't feel like those really cover the aspects where those two out pace him.

Anyway, LOL at Right and Left corners being different. How do you mess that up Capcom. =(

Xeteh

Karin's #6 Trial is destroying my soul. I have trouble comboing in the just frame Tenko. When I do I have trouble getting the Orochi out. When I do the Orochi isn't fast enough.

WHY ARE YOU SO HARD TO PLAY KARIN?!

Trickster

Karin doing her sweep after you block her safe normal strings is gross as fuck, jesus christ. You're thinking okay, now i can do som-NOPE

Trickster

70% of the Karin's I've played online always follow up with sweep so I basically block low after the string out of habit lol

I did too plenty of times, but she was just so far away that I could punish afterwards or I just didn't know what to use, was the definition of frustration

zenpuff

Neo Member
If anyone here has the ID BarbadosSlim, I had so much fun doing Alex mirrors last night. I was laughing my ass off at certain parts where we were trying to do the same damn thing.

Filing a copyright strike @ PIKACHUAKUMA over my video :/

I asked him to take it down on twitter but he hasn't and he still didn't credit me or anything so down it goes. I feel like a dragon but oh well.

zenpuff

Neo Member
I don't think Birdie is working out for me anymore. I think I'm playing too patiently and defensive and not pressing enough buttons to win. I miss walking up with Honda and jab xx hands-ing everything safely :(

I think I might switch to Bipson or Alex. I enjoyed playing Bison as kind of an unofficial alt after Decapre, and I tried out the trials with Alex, he seems to fit what I want in a character in SFV (maybe until Guile and Balrog drop), without actually playing any matchups.

Funny, I was a Honda main and played a lot of Decapre in IV, now I'm a Birdie main playing a lot of Bison in V.

Bison is really fun as long as you're willing to rush down a lot. That's not really my specialty, so at some point I hit a brick wall with him.

stn

Will that work though? You're technically using material that you don't have copyright over, even if it is a custom-made trailer. I get what you mean, you deserve the credit if someone is gaining views for it.

LakeEarth

Filing a copyright strike @ PIKACHUAKUMA over my video :/

I asked him to take it down on twitter but he hasn't and he still didn't credit me or anything so down it goes. I feel like a dragon but oh well.

Playing him online in 3rd Strike, you could just 'feel' that he was an asshole.

Playing him online in 3rd Strike, you could just 'feel' that he was an asshole.
LOL
Will that work though? You're technically using material that you don't have copyright over, even if it is a custom-made trailer. I get what you mean, you deserve the credit if someone is gaining views for it.
Apparently... I checked the rules and it says if someone else uses your recording of a video game without permission it counts.

myco666

Yeah Karin can go die with her trial 6. Just spent hour trying to do it and still no luck. If I do Tenko fast enough Orochi will miss and when I get Orochi to connect I did Tenko too slow.

Xeteh

Yeah Karin can go die with her trial 6. Just spent hour trying to do it and still no luck. If I do Tenko fast enough Orochi will miss and when I get Orochi to connect I did Tenko too slow.

Yeah, I've probably spent longer on this trial than I have on other characters entire sets. Its brutal.

qcf x2

Random stuff/thoughts I found in my small bit of playing Alex:

-s.mp has amazing range. Feels like a lot like Ryu's but with a better hitbox.
-CC st.hk, HK elbow, EX flash is great damage off his st.hk.
-Both light versions of flash and elbow are nice pokes.
-After a headbutt you're in range of a lk elbow, or a MP/EX headbutt. I feel this is pretty gimmicky especially the headbutt, but I caught quite a few off guard doing an EX headbutt right after landing one.
-His V-skill is great if you're able to safely use it.
-st.mk/st.hk == Fuck you Karin.
-Air stampede seems really really risky. Right now I feel like no one has much reason to block low against alex, especially at ranges you'd do stampede. Seems to cause a weird semi-hard knockdown or something. So free mixup if you do hit it.

I only messed around with Alex long enough to do the trials and see the highest non-CC damage I could get (497), but when I do use him in actual matches I'm going to do cr lk, VT, stomp. In training mode that worked not as a true combo but as a way to cancel the cr lk into the stomp, so while it's probably not going to be a go-to strategy, it does force your opponent to block low and then high. Not sure how safe the stomp is on block though.

Xeteh

:( feel trashy. Can't hit submit lol.

I'll know for next time, I already have a clever way of watermarking that won't be ugly but will be impossible to remove.

Why would you feel trashy? The guy is being a dick and using your work. He's the one that should be feeling like a douchebag.

Mr. X

I only messed around with Alex long enough to do the trials and see the highest non-CC damage I could get (497), but when I do use him in actual matches I'm going to do cr lk, VT, stomp. In training mode that worked not as a true combo but as a way to cancel the cr lk into the stomp, so while it's probably not going to be a go-to strategy, it does force your opponent to block low and then high. Not sure how safe the stomp is on block though.
Ex Stomp is + on block, regular is -4 at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom