• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedAssedApe

Banned
If I recall correctly this is the one where you go in to V trigger and chain a bunch of specials together. When in v trigger, you can cancel his specials in to other specials with no charge. So just do all the motions don't wait to charge the head stomp

haha i've never really used bison so i had no idea. thx

Man, Karins number 6 & 8 trials are impossible? What is this fastest nonsense and how do I do on a pad? Seems like you're supposed to plink or something here, so annoying l, this is my last trial.

Man, Karins number 6 & 8 trials are impossible? What is this fastest nonsense and how do I do on a pad? Seems like you're supposed to plink or something here, so annoying l, this is my last trial.

Roll your thumb from lk to lp. Desk has a video of him doing Karin's trials with a pad camera shot.

Xeteh

I found 8 to be infinitely easier than 6 but then I thought 6 was the hardest trial out of any of them by far. 6 is doable by pressing qcf, down then rolling your thumb over kick then punch. After that it is just timing it as soon as you can after the Tenko. This trial seriously took me like 3 hours off and on.

Josh5890

How bad do I suck? I cannot complete the second trial for Ryu. Apparently I can't do the cr. mp and the haduken in the same sequence. Sometimes my timing feels like the same as the demonstration but it doesn't work in the game.

xHiryu

Has anyone experienced severe performance issues? Idk if it was my Nvidia drivers or the newest SF5 update since I updated both at the same time but a week ago, I played at moderately good settings but now struggle to get 60fps. I honestly have no clue if this is to place to ask, but was wondering if anyone else has this issue.

Rocking a GTX 680 btw

How bad do I suck? I cannot complete the second trial for Ryu. Apparently I can't do the cr. mp and the haduken in the same sequence. Sometimes my timing feels like the same as the demonstration but it doesn't work in the game.

You probably need to go faster. That's always the catch when first starting out with fighters that employ cancel into special. Keep at it. If it involves a jump in, drop the jump in and just practice cr.mk > hadoken until you feel confident. Then add the jump in and try to hit meaty.

Edgeward

Alex's flash chop comes out so fucking fast and the ex having armor, goddamn fuck that. And the spacing on block makes it tricky for me so far to punish

Tik-Tok

haha i've never really used bison so i had no idea. thx

I should clarify for accuracy. You can cancel his specials in to his EX specials without charge. Which is what this trial is asking you to do

Didn't want you to go and try and do it with regular specials later outside of the trial

Durden77

I feel like they wanted there to be a mixup between stomp and stungun, but bc of the way the moves work it's not really there. I guess you have to be breathing so much pressure down their necks that they're panicked, but that's hard to get. Seems strictly for that and punishes on fireballs, otherwise you'l just get beaten on the way down with jabs or w/e

Yeah, there's no mix up. You jump to avoid both.

He would be so much more fun if his stomp crossed up or anit-aired. Or overheaded. For now it's just like you said, for punishing fireballs. I thought his EX stomp would open up some more options but nope.

Ferrio

Banned
I feel like they wanted there to be a mixup between stomp and stungun, but bc of the way the moves work it's not really there. I guess you have to be breathing so much pressure down their necks that they're panicked, but that's hard to get. Seems strictly for that and punishes on fireballs, otherwise you'l just get beaten on the way down with jabs or w/e

It's a mixup between elbow and stungun.

He would be so much more fun if his stomp crossed up or anit-aired. Or overheaded. For now it's just like you said, for punishing fireballs. I thought his EX stomp would open up some more options but nope.

Stomp is an overhead.

But his stomp IS an overhead.

Spman2099

I am really struggling to get the hang of Alex. Like, I don't necessarily understand his game yet. His pokes are awesome, but his cross-up seems pretty bad. So, I tend to poke a lot and try to catch people with the odd headbutt, stomp, or shoulder. I really love that they made his stungun headbutt super a special, though. That is rad. Though, obviously, he should headbutt multiple times in the EX version.

By the way, not getting fight money for completing survival with a character, when that is what is required for colours, is pure insanity. Fix the survival situation, Capcom. It is maddening.

I think Alex loses to everyone when you're using day one tech. I just beat a bunch of alex players in a row by standing jabbing their slash elbows and air to air against charge mixups. Hard to play a normal game when you're not used to your character. People need to figure out how alex works before worrying about matchups.

mbpm1

It's a mixup between elbow and stungun.

Yeah, but it's not really a mixup.

Both options lose to jump back, jump attacks, and even just st. jab I think. It's okay when you've conditioned your opponent to sit still a bit but guessing between the two is not really scary.

I agree on holding off on character judgement though, I've only fought one legit Alex player in like two dozen matches. Hard to tell what's good or not when nobody knows the basics.

Does Alex's EX b+f.k move have startup invincibility? Cause maybe then that could work as a viable wakeup option.

Other than that, he's pretty lacking in that IMO so he is very susceptible to pressure.

Edgeward

Don't know anything about it really, but he seems weak on the defensive to me, I'd think anyone who can do good maintained pressure could really bug him?

Just like any other stun monster in this game then

Anyway, got all of Alex trials done. Got the FM before he goes back to the zenny store.

Ferrio

Banned
Does Alex's EX b+f.k move have startup invincibility? Cause maybe then that could work as a viable wakeup option.

Other than that, he's pretty lacking in that IMO so he is very susceptible to pressure.

No he has no invul moves, or armor moves on frame 1.

wrongway

I like hearing people gripe about Karin's trials. She's the first character I'm really trying to learn and I managed to get through them. Tiny bit of newbie pride :D

...I can't do Ryu's #10 though. lol :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom