• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a match so laggy that the sound was echoing, pretty jarring haha.

I've had one like that, haha.

I've also had one when if felt like we were in a boat in a bad storm. It felt so weird.

The different types of shitty rollback I have experienced has made me nauseous or given me a headache sometimes.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
I don't think I want to play anymore until Cammy gets either a health boost or damage boost because I just can't get out of Super Bronze. I have to play a perfect game to eke out wins these days while other characters can spam massive damage combos.

Feels shit, man :(

Yeah I know, I keep running into bad Ken's over and over. Although I am in the shit ranks, so thats probably why.

Where in the world and on the leader board are you? I'm in Europe at super / ultra bronze level, and Necalli is among the upper half of characters, in terms of frequency. I do have Ken in the top 3, though.

What surprises me is that I don't see a lot of Birdies. In fact, the only character less frequent than Birdie on ranked is Dhalsim.

I don't think I want to play anymore until Cammy gets either a health boost or damage boost because I just can't get out of Super Bronze. I have to play a perfect game to eke out wins these days while other characters can spam massive damage combos.

I feel the same way about Karin's health.

Moaradin

At least Cammy has good anti airs and one of the best invincible reversals. Karin has the same amount of health and none of that :(

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
I feel the same way about Karin's health.

When I get matched up with Karins and fellow Cammys it feels like fair and fun matches. The rest of the time the punishment of damage while I can't crush or anything is just bewildering. She feels like half a character compared to all the usual faves.

Mediking

I'm also a Cammy main. If your opponent does just a few combos on us... we're DEAD.

qcf x2

What region are you in? You can literally beat Bronze opponents with just her normals. Cr HP keeps them from dashing, standing HK keeps them from jumping. Beyond that, use cr mk to punish since it has more range than cr mp.

It kinda sucks that she doesn't have a good crush counter (I think cr HP worked in one of the betas, but no more), but she'd be OP if she did.

Speaking of OP, I haven't changed my mind on BIson, but I ran into a Chun who learned the art of SF4 jab spam. Man that shit has to go. Capcom, pls. cr LP, cr LK, st LP into any strength legs? Gives you a long enough hit confirm that you can adjust directional input if neccessary? Nah, I don't like it. Chun Li is strong enough without cheese like that (and safe instant air legs).

So today I brought over my friend who barely ever play any fighting game. He played both sfv and MKX.According to his opinion sfv was not good while MK was a ton of fun. He didn't play any story mode or nothing. Just regular vs match.He feels the presentation, the gameplay is far superior. He felt the characters in MK felt like they had personalities ,he liked the dial a combo system, fatalities and all that.

I realized why MKX is destroying sf for the last few years when it comes to winning causal market. Capcom is still making sf2. Almost 30 years later. While NRS is more bold trying new things. Presentation is top notch which attracts lot of new people to this niche genre.seeing MKX and sfv side by side SF just looks old and ancient. Note: not gameplay wise.

So I think sp alone isn't the cause why SF is not bringing in newer players. They gotta take more bold moves. Change up things. They play it too safe.

Sheroking

Fuck Karin vs Vega, this shit is impossible.

It's rough, but it's not impossible. Beat an Ultra Gold Vega in that match an hour or so ago.

Orochi between his pokes to get in. V-trigger is essential for damage/chip.

All Karin players need to learn how to use her trigger.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

Cammy and Karin kinda feel like they went through one more round of balancing and they ended up nerfing some of their tools and stats. I just don't get how they ended up with 900 health when Chun has 950.

Sheroking

When I get matched up with Karins and fellow Cammys it feels like fair and fun matches. The rest of the time the punishment of damage while I can't crush or anything is just bewildering. She feels like half a character compared to all the usual faves.

Lots of people feel this way about their character. It's their failures, not the characters, that are holding you back.

Karin's st.hk is a perfectly fine crush counter.

Cammy and Karin kinda feel like they went through one more round of balancing and they ended up nerfing some of their tools and stats. I just don't get how they ended up with 900 health when Chun has 950.

I mean, I don't get how Chun cleared a lot of things.

So today I brought over my friend who barely ever play any fighting game. He played both sfv and MKX.According to his opinion sfv was not good while MK was a ton of fun. He didn't play any story mode or nothing. He feels the presentation, the gameplay is far superior. He felt the characters in MK felt like they had personalities ,he liked the dial a combo system, fatalities and all that.

I realized why MKX is destroying sf for the last few years when it comes to winning causal market. Capcom is still making sf2. Almost 30 years later. While NRS is more bold trying new things. Presentation is top notch which attracts lot of new people to this niche genre.seeing MKX and sfv side by side SF just looks old and ancient. Note: not gameplay wise.

I much, much prefer SFV to MKX, but MKX is hands down a much nicer package than SFV and is a much better value proposition to anyone who isn't in love with the SF gameplay, especially "casuals". It's just a shame that the netcode was low-tier, that NRS takes the throw-shit-at-the-wall-and-see-what-sticks approach to balancing the game, and that the PC version was left to die because NRS don't know how to PC themselves.

qcf x2

So today I brought over my friend who barely ever play any fighting game. He played both sfv and MKX.According to his opinion sfv was not good while MK was a ton of fun. He didn't play any story mode or nothing. Just regular vs match.He feels the presentation, the gameplay is far superior. He felt the characters in MK felt like they had personalities ,he liked the dial a combo system, fatalities and all that.

So I think sp alone isn't the cause why SF is not bringing in newer players. They gotta take more bold moves. Change up things. They play it too safe.

I think it's as simple as: you're not going to win over anything but diehards when you release a rushed/unfinished/barebones product. If all the stage transitions were finished, they had 2 or 3 more characters, if they bothered to redesign characters who were begging for it (Cammy, soon to be Guile) and provided some mode to play besides "Come Get Your Ass Kicked By People Who Take This Way More Seriously Than You in Ranked," the appeal would be similar.

You want SF to become an airdasher or something? SF is always changing. SF2, Alpha, SF3, SF4, and SFV are all different and will be played differently at the highest level.

Moaradin

Wow I just fought Tool Assisted and he was completely unbeatable. He improved his bot a lot. Was impossible to throw him or get anything going. He would just instantly react to any buttons you throw out.

Wasn't about to give him my points though lol

Sheroking

Starting a second account to play characters not named Karin in ranked.

I'm going to spend like 5 minutes on Cammy in training mode and see how long it takes to hit silver rank.

Fuck Karin vs Vega, this shit is impossible.
That might be the most annoying matchup for her. He just hops around like an idiot even if he has amazing ground pokes. Too bad her AAs mostly suck.
Her Hooligan is kinda butt, but she does have better buttons, a better walkspeed and a better DP iirc. It's just hard playing characters with low health. Trust me, I know from experience as a Hsien-Ko player.
I don't get how Chun ended up with a lot of her current stuff in general.
Wow I just fought Tool Assisted and he was completely unbeatable. He improved his bot a lot. Was impossible to throw him or get anything going. He would just instantly react to any buttons you throw out.

Sounds like my experience against Countblack. Normal grabs are ass compared to command grabs.
Did not know that, yikes.
Looks like money can't buy everything after all. She is going to need help whenever the big balance update comes.

cordy

Banned

Reminds me of what people were saying about Lupe after the Daigo match. Apparently, Lupe was claiming to be the true undefeated Street Fighter champion (and no-one can take that away) though he was dismissing challengers by saying "I fight Japanese fighters as they are the only players I respect". He also claimed MK was for people who couldn't play SF (though ducked challenges from MK players saying they'd play him at SF). He's one of those "elitist casuals" who dismiss MK entirely, only plays SF and thinks that the Japanese are his only challengers.

Weirdly enough, there were also a few people he was threatening to actually fight them, physically, no joke.

So eh, the casual mindset of fighters is just weird. You have this "standard casual" mindset but then you have the "elitist casual".

Kysen

How does Karin deal with Necalli specifically the AI at round 29 in survival. Seems like everything but his flying dive is safe and since it reads my inputs trying to block means I just eat throws. There has to be some way to cheese the AI.

Asd202

How does Karin deal with Necalli specifically the AI at round 29 in survival. Seems like everything but his flying dive is safe and since it reads my inputs trying to block means I just eat throws. There has to be some way to cheese the AI.

Git Gud but seriusly I don't remember Necalli being a problem for my Karin, Bison at 30 was far worse and I suck.

Sheroking

Looks like money can't buy everything after all. She is going to need help whenever the big balance update comes.

Pfft. Karin is perfectly fi... I mean, YES, BUFF HER. GIVE HER 200 MORE HEALTH AND A COMMAND GRAB.

tumblr_mxge90DtHx1t3ml1po1_500.gif

Are you saying you rage quit on him?

If your answer is yes then I totally respect that. Rage against the machine.

Hex

Banned
Just fought a Cammy main that literally spammed the same move over and over. I'm also a Cammy main so I feel torn. A part of myheart respects that the guy literally spammed the same move over and over and beat me and another part of my heart thinks he has no skill.

You ate it, so you have to give them that.
At the end of the day the W is what matters to most.
It is odd how that "He has no skill" thing usually comes after a loss.
I hate getting caught napping when spammed (Gief is the monkey on my back in this, and R Mika...they can both pants me with the most basic spam and leave me sitting staring blankly)

Reminds me of what people were saying about Lupe after the Daigo match. Apparently, Lupe was claiming to be the true undefeated Street Fighter champion (and no-one can take that away) though he was dismissing challengers by saying "I fight Japanese fighters as they are the only players I respect". He also claimed MK was for people who couldn't play SF (though ducked challenges from MK players saying they'd play him at SF). He's one of those "elitist casuals" who dismiss MK entirely, only plays SF and thinks that the Japanese are his only challengers.

Weirdly enough, there were also a few people he was threatening to actually fight them, physically, no joke.

So eh, the casual mindset of fighters is just weird. You have this "standard casual" mindset but then you have the "elitist casual".

I don't think Lupe's behavior should be taken as representative of anything other than a person trying to keep themselves in the spotlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom