• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
I play rashid and another rashid just pinned me in the corner hit me every time I went to get up, how do you get out of that situation? I could beat him when he let me up but I was dead when stuck. I am also terrible for letting people up and back into the fight as I have no clue what to use when they are just getting up.

Ferrio

Banned
I play rashid and another rashid just pinned me in the corner hit me every time I went to get up, how do you get out of that situation? I could beat him when he let me up but I was dead when stuck. I am also terrible for letting people up and back into the fight as I have no clue what to use when they are just getting up.

Get him to respect the wake-up EX mixer?

Ferrio

Banned
so I can get an EX mixer off as I wake up? didn't even think of trying that.

I am very new to street fighter so most of my queries are basic in nature.

It's invul on startup, so it'll beat out anything long as you time the reversal right. If he blocks it though, you'll get smacked hard.

ElFly

How are you even supposed to fight a decent Zangief without reversals or projectiles? Dude can just do whatever the flying fuck he wants..

The Mikas that give me trouble generally don't abuse the charged HK, which can be punished, and are good at frametraps. Not a lot of jumping except for crossups, or when I am doing one of my slooow normals, and they seem to be able to connect the MP rope grab consistently but they don't spam it. They will normally use a a delayed Nadeshiko too.

mbpm1

It's invincible so it will go through pretty much everything except more invincible moves. But can be blocked and punished heavily so don't abuse it,

Trickster

The Mikas that give me trouble generally don't abuse the charged HK, which can be punished, and are good at frametraps. Not a lot of jumping except for crossups, or when I am doing one of my slooow normals, and they seem to be able to connect the MP rope grab consistently but they don't spam it. They will normally use a a delayed Nadeshiko too.

Alright, thanks for the tips

Edit - how do they get in without jumping or c.hk though? If I try to get in by just dashing or rolling, It usually doesn't end well

LakeEarth

Yeah, EX spinning mixer is Rashid's shoryuken. The normal ones don't have the same level of invulnerability, but it's pretty ridiculous how far you can fly with the medium one.

Also, if you're in the corner but have a little space, you can jump off the wall and heavy air eagle spike to safety.

Xeteh

EX Mixer like Ferrio said or you can v-reversal.

Cheers for the info guys will try the EX Mixer next time im cornered!

Really glad they added this rematch in as now I get actual experience of fighting people more than searching for games.

For everyone's entertainment:
8A1nDwd.jpg

Birdie should also be classed with Ryu,Necalli and Laura.

So what if I play Mika. I just got ran over by a Zangief and asked wtf to do since to me the matchup feels very hard. Zangief has great ways of dealing with Mika, Lariat/air grabs for anti air, things that counter c.hk. a command grab with longer range than Mika's jab and in general just better normals.

Zangief still feels weird to me, for 7-8 years using a version of him with Green Hand, this adjustment is tough, I can't rush down anymore, but i am learning spacing with him every day, starting to learn the distance to SPD players who jump in...

But this isn't proof that he is in fact a good character just that you do not know the match up and play style.

For everyone's entertainment:
8A1nDwd.jpg

Also this video is really good for Alex meaties. I've been messing around with some of this stuff in training and its good to see it be more explored by someone else. I need to try and get this going in my Alex play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gT6F62Sf24

This is some good tech after flash chop trades as well. I always just did sweep like he does in the beginning but good to see that someone with more time found some pretty nice options that could be useful in certain situations against jab happy characters:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DeAqkuBgi8&feature=youtu.be

i disagree putting Ryu in that tier. Ryu requires strong understanding of fundamentals to do good. But if you fighting game fundamentals are strong then you will go far with ryu without depending on any gimmicks(not that ryu have any gimmicks and IMO the most honest character out there). If a Ryu beats you then he/she deserved it.

Xeteh

i disagree putting Ryu in that tier. Ryu requires strong understanding of fundamentals to do good. But if you fighting game fundamentals are strong then you will go far with ryu without depending on any gimmicks(not that ryu have any gimmicks and IMO the most honest character out there). If a Ryu beats you then he/she deserved it.

Its a joke list, they all require a decent understanding of fundamentals.

Durden77

I wish Nash clicked with me, I like his playstyle but I find he feels so awkward.

It took me a while to get used to hin, but I love him. I still miss the hell out of Guile though and am starting to get impatient on him.

BTW you mentioned a while back you could pull frame data for Alex. If you don't mind could you get me the frame data on his elbow slashes, regular slashes, fhp, HP, cmp, and HK?

Xeteh

It took me a while to get used to hin, but I love him. I still miss the hell out of Guile though and am starting to get impatient on him.

BTW you mentioned a while back you could pull frame data for Alex. If you don't mind could you get me the frame data on his elbow slashes, regular slashes, fhp, HP, cmp, and HK?

Sure thing. I'll edit them in here once I look'm up.

HP: 10 Startup, -3 on block
HK: 17 Startup, -4 on block
F+HP: 10 Startup, 3 on block
c.MP: 7 Startup, -1 on block

Flash Chop:
LP: 13 Startup, -4 on block
MP: 19 Startup, -4 on block
HP: 25 Startup, -4 on block
EX: 11 Startup, -2 on block

Slash Elbow:
LK: Startup 14, -3 on block
MK: Startup 19, -6 on block
HK: Startup 24, -7 on block
EX: Startup 14, -10 on block

Ferrio

Banned

V-frames currently has frame data for him. Probably still inaccurate in places, had to email the creator because I caught something wrong yesterday.

Flashes are all: -4/2
Elbow: -4/3, -6/kd, -7/kd, -10/kd
F+HP: is 3/5
HP: -3/-1
c.mp: -1/2
HK: -4/-4

Mediking

Anybody else kinda worried/curious that the PS4K will trigger a new edition of SFV that runs and looks better and has stuff already unlocked on disc?

I know Capcom said they wouldn't do new versions but still....

I'm torn though because I really do see the benefit to releasing SFV on a stronger and better platform but at the same time it does seem kinda unfair. I don't play games no PC so that's why I'm saying that. Lol

FluxWaveZ

Anybody else kinda worried/curious that the PS4K will trigger a new edition of SFV that runs and looks better and has stuff already unlocked on disc?

I'm torn though because I really do see the benefit to releasing SFV on a stronger and better platform but at the same time it does seem kinda unfair. I don't play games no PC so that's why I'm saying that. Lol

Seeing the way they've been treating SFV and its sales performance, I doubt Capcom has the resources or even the desire to release anything like that.

Mupod

They said they wouldn't do versions in the style of super/ultra that you HAD to buy to keep playing with people who had those versions. They didn't say they wouldn't put out new releases with characters included etc. But of course when they finally do the internet will lose its shit.

kirblar

They said they wouldn't do versions in the style of super/ultra that you HAD to buy to keep playing with people who had those versions. They didn't say they wouldn't put out new releases with characters included etc. But of course when they finally do the internet will lose its shit.
Yup - same reason WoW expansions get marked down the next year.

Kalentan

I feel bad. I just had to play a Rashid in ranked 3 times in a row (I didn't press play again, we got paired against each other 3 times in random matchmaking), and I won each time... I think I almost got him to get demoted to Rookie.

Edit: 4th time in a row! What the fuck? :O

Vega is pretty honest
Vega has a command grab with the best walk speed in the game though. Everyone has something you could argue is "cheap" aka really good.

No one is broken though, and so far I just feel chun and Nash are top tier. Not leagues above everyone, just better.

Xeteh

Vega has a command grab with the best walk speed in the game though. Everyone has something you could argue is "cheap" aka really good.

No one is broken though, and so far I just feel chun and Nash are top tier. Not leagues above everyone, just better.

Yeah, that is basically how I feel. Nash's tools in the right hands are so good, though I feel its unfair to use Infiltration as an example because it seems like he never makes a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom