• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

LakeEarth

Alex is different though. So much of his kit can be found in Birdie, without any of the drawbacks Alex has.I did read the post I was guided to, and some of those tools do sound promising. I'll keep working on it.
Very similar style, ya. Alex can get in people's faces faster, and his combos can be a bit more devastating, plus that parry. Still, I feel like Birdies overall tools puts him above Alex. Still early though.

Apart from Vega, I don't think weapons fit in Street Fighter. One of the biggest reason why Rolento is lame as hell.

Gimmicky stuff like Birdie's chains or Cody's knife are one thing; but like an actual character whose entire moveset revolves around a weapon? Eh.

Keep it a battle of body and reiki.

mbpm1

Apart from Vega, I don't think weapons fit in Street Fighter. One of the biggest reason why Rolento is lame as hell.

Gimmicky stuff like Birdie's chains or Cody's knife are one thing; but like an actual character whose entire moveset revolves around a weapon? Eh.

Keep it a battle of body and reiki.

Nah, Yoshimitsu is coming

Is Capcom trying to make me have a heart attack? I want all these characters.

It makes me really happy to know that these characters are at least on Capcom's mind, enough to get new concepts drawn up. I hope we see them in SFV eventually.

Looks like characters we would have gotten if SFV would have been more successful at launch. Now MAYBE in a couple of years we'll get Cody.

cordy

Banned
He's popped up in SFIV, in Balrog's ending.

They could have just not used him, but he's popped up again in SFV. He clearly has a purpose now since he's still around. And just like with Decapre showing up in the actual story mode, I know they'll show him off more there.

I dunno, that's just my reasoning. We'll see in the future.

Don't get me wrong, I think he'll show up. Just not until S3. I mean Azam was even shown in those new SFV related pics as well while Ed wasn't.

12670750_983449255036611_1522078869301791389_n.jpg

12936519_983449408369929_6129702101147458975_n.jpg
This would make me happy. Only one character I would give absolutely no shits about. RE: Necro, I've said it since we first saw demo footage of SFV, this game feels like a good fit for him. I think Sean is safer for S2 and maybe Necro or Viper for S3? Though the truth is I'd prefer they slide Akuma to S3 as the headliner.

I think they're going to have to put Akuma and Sakura in S2 due to the fact that they need people keeping the game and picking up on it. Those 2 are the main ones we need to keep the ball rolling and then in S3 we can throw in some others. Holding Akuma off until S3 would be more risky IMO. If Necro isn't in I wouldn't be worried, they could slide that guy in S3 just because. I see S3 being a "ok, here's all the other characters" while S2 is more like "we're serious about this DLC shit, let's get it".
I really can't wait until Akuma gets added to the game.

Because, if there's one gigantic flaw the game currently has, it's those weirdos I fight against now and then who don't play Ken or Ryu. Once he's added, my online competitor will finally be nothing but shotos!

Yeah and it's weird Akuma's not in the game like Tokido for example, everytime I see him I think "yeah, he's waiting for Akuma". We can tell he's waiting so we need to throw Akuma in there.

Hell he looks dope as fuck in that new pic.

Say am I crazy or did something change with the PC version? o.o I haven't played SFV for a while on my own PC and now that I came back to it, the game just runs... weird. No matter the settings all FPS overlays show a constant 59-61fps yet the game visually seems to run at a lower framerate, just not as smooth as it did before. Almost like the actual characters are now affected by the same framerate halving like background characters :/

My CPU is a Intel i5 3570k @4.2ghz and my GPU is a AMD Radeon 7970 (R9 280x) @1100mhz. Nothing changed with my system since the last time I played, I didn't even update any drivers. Did anyone experience something similar?

TacosNSalsa

Good games Count Black ...I got frozen :-( it happens quite a lot to me for some reason .. I stare at a black screen for like 2 mins

who's the blonde next to rose? *edit* is that supposed to be joe?
Yep, Joe.

I like this look for him. It appeals to my demographic.

Looks like characters we would have gotten if SFV would have been more successful at launch. Now MAYBE in a couple of years we'll get Cody.
Yeah, it's too bad that Capcom has has such a rough start, but it's their own fault. I'm hoping they'll turn it around though.

I think Cody, Abel and Rose have the best chance from characters I posted, but I'm hoping we'll see them all eventually. (I think Eagle has a strong shot too since he's so unique.)

Edzi

Lol, I can't even beat bronze players with Alex. I just can't get in.

My initial thoughts of Alex aren't really changing. From what little I've seen so far, I just think he's a really weak character at the moment with no clear strengths. No reliable damage, insanely slow moves, and no way to get in. The one strength that people seem to give him is high stun, but I fail to see how that's useful given his other weaknesses and inability to maintain pressure. Even Valle seems to think he's pretty weak relative to the rest of the cast. Obviously he's not terrible, but you seem to have to work a lot harder to get wins with him since you can't really afford to make mistakes.

Does anyone know of any pros who are having success with him that I could maybe watch?

TacosNSalsa

ggs, I knew I saw that name somewhere lol. My screen was frozen for a while as well
It's almost certainly me ..it happens to me with friends like 10 miles from me .. Mind if I add you on PSN? I really want a shot at that Laura and need the match up experience...your Alex was pretty good! Best one I fought yet...

wrongway

Tonight is not my night. Every match so far has been a 5-bar teleport- and rollback-fest. Capcom's really crush-countering my enthusiasm. :p

It's almost certainly me ..it happens to me with friends like 10 miles from me .. Mind if I add you on PSN? I really want a shot at that Laura and need the match up experience...your Alex was pretty good! Best one I fought yet...

Yea sure, I've only been using Alex since he's been released and i've been finding him really fun. My PSN is CountBlackuie

Fuck... accidentally alt+tabbed >.>

Was posting my previous losing streak complaint and the versus screen was basically ending as I went back to the game... I feel like a scumbag >.>

Don't worry, it doesn't do anything unless a very specific set of conditions were met.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
GAF, where are the high-level Alex vids that I can comb over? Or simply "good" Alex play. Count, any vids of you playing? I am staying over my folks' tonight and the thirst for anything SFV is killing me.

mbpm1

Laura is insulted that you'd insinuate people have bad hair, watch as she luxuriously runs her hands through her lego hair.

y'know how laura gets her fireball via static electricity in her hair

is hair supposed to be staticky like that

Mediking

02_bengusconcept08t.jpg

Cammy with her hair down in her regular costume with swords on her back??? Her bangs covers one of her eyes?!?!?!

10/10 I WOULD BUY THIS COSTUME WITH REAL MONEY.

02_bengusconcept41t.jpg

Is this... Mika's partner? She looks cool.

02_bengusconcept24t.jpg

PLEASE JOIN THE ROSTER, ROSE!!!!!!!!!1

galvenize

My initial thoughts of Alex aren't really changing. From what little I've seen so far, I just think he's a really weak character at the moment with no clear strengths. No reliable damage, insanely slow moves, and no way to get in. The one strength that people seem to give him is high stun, but I fail to see how that's useful given his other weaknesses and inability to maintain pressure. Even Valle seems to think he's pretty weak relative to the rest of the cast. Obviously he's not terrible, but you seem to have to work a lot harder to get wins with him since you can't really afford to make mistakes.

Does anyone know of any pros who are having success with him that I could maybe watch?
Strider enjoys Alex more than he does Cammy. He's probably gonna main him now. He streamed 2 days ago. Watch archive here https://www.twitch.tv/801strider/v/57879587

qcf x2

His dash and EX elbow are 10/10. EX elbow beat my Mika reset ffs. Dash is fast, recovers super fast, dash grab is lethal. In fact, dash is his best mixup tool imo. He does big damage off of punishes, his EX knee gets him out of danger, and stomp/headbutt sorta works as a mixup by itself because they both start with him jumping. Also his chop (normal) throw is amazing.

Keep playing him.

Eagle has weapons, and was in Street Fighter 1. Saying weapons don't fit Street Fighter is kinda silly since they've been there since the start.

I think he was just saying he's personally opposed to the concept, and I'd agree. I don't wanna see swords, bows, staffs, etc in Street Fighter. Sodom was the line, the lame wannabe Guy chick (I forget her name) was past the line.

All this is from playing against Alex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom