• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back from four (and some change) hours of ranked SFV. I made the stupid mistake of jumping into it after a frustrating survival run that ended with stage 39 Rashid. I've lost 500 points and got run over by an army of Kens, Ryus and Cammys. After a month and a half of play I can safely say that Saturdays are shit days for variety. I've been rage quit on three times today (once in casuals lmao) and my last match was against a rage quitter Alex. I've probably lost over 1000 LP to these frauds already and the feeling to just uninstall this game grows by the day. Thank God for Alex because I don't think I could take this BS for another month or two.
woops sorry, called it a night right after that post.

For Alex's Hard Survival, I basically relied on:
- Max-range c.HK spam (watch out for AI Gief's perfect max-range command grabs).
- Light Slash Elbow > s.MP > repeat (just keep doing it and they keep getting counter hit by it)
- Meaty Flash Chop > Power Bomb (works every time 70% of the time)
- A lot of Head Crush spam (be careful when the AI starts jump spamming)
- Rapidly spam pause against the psychic bullshit AI to 'read' their inputs. If they get to cheat so blatantly, then so do you. Turtle and punish.
- A whole lot of luck actually getting health when needed. :p

fuck survival
I wish I had this advice four hours ago.
I.. I need to take a break. Or else I'm going to fucking have nightmares about Ryu and Ken doing freaking Shoryuken. I despise that attack. So stupid.

Lost like... 14 or 15 today it feels like and won 2.

Sorry for all my bitching... I just sometimes need to say something.
Bitch all you want. Ryu and Ken are the worst. They've make up like 90% of the male characters I encounter in ranked SF and they're a pain in the ass to fight.
I really hope Capcom gives the game the help it needs in the form of actually providing a full/functional/sensible product with some decent PR. The last thing I want to see them do is try to boost sales by switching the DLC character plans to fit their already shoddy market data. If this game turns into another SSF2 circle jerk I'm out.
The possibility wasn't on my mind until you brought it up and now I'm scared. The vanilla roster and story already drinks the SF2 Kool-aid. I expect the second season of DLC to go a step further.
Died on Survival 37 vs Cammy who was neutral jumping every time I tried to headbutt. AI cheats.
Cammy is a cunt in survival mode. Even at stage 11 she is already active and trying to fuck us over. Spamming j.HK, st.HP, mp chop and a power bomb reset usually works, but if she doesn't bite you can just mash some cr.mp/mk to keep her from hit confirming into spiral arrow.
Your mistake was not doing nothing but jump in combos. Don't play a ground game against the CPU.
I didn't know this until yesterday. Apparently spaming jumping hp/hk is how you are supposed to beat this shitty survival mode. Capcom can go to hell for that nonsense.
I really can't wait until Akuma gets added to the game.

Because, if there's one gigantic flaw the game currently has, it's those weirdos I fight against now and then who don't play Ken or Ryu. Once he's added, my online competitor will finally be nothing but shotos!
The game needs a character remover/blacklist for the different modes. I'm goddamn tired of fighting Ryu and Ken.
I know this was posted before but it is so funny and true based on some post in this thread.

https://youtu.be/uZ7M7wGYFzw

I'm no high level player but Alex seems pretty good to me.
This had me cracking up. It really improved my mood (especially the Bison bit with PURPLE PUNCH).

Fuck Kenneth
Looks like characters we would have gotten if SFV would have been more successful at launch. Now MAYBE in a couple of years we'll get Cody.
Maybe Capcom should have kept the bun in the oven for another month like it needed. I'm annoyed that they'll probably learn all the worst lessons from this.
I think the only character that genuinely annoys me fighting against is Rashid. I don't have time to keep track of him LOL

Ftfy
Rashid is the worst. He doesn't stop moving and I don't know when it is safe to poke back or apply pressure. It feels like I could lose or win at any moment.

Lol, I can't even beat bronze players with Alex. I just can't get in.

My initial thoughts of Alex aren't really changing. From what little I've seen so far, I just think he's a really weak character at the moment with no clear strengths. No reliable damage, insanely slow moves, and no way to get in. The one strength that people seem to give him is high stun, but I fail to see how that's useful given his other weaknesses and inability to maintain pressure. Even Valle seems to think he's pretty weak relative to the rest of the cast. Obviously he's not terrible, but you seem to have to work a lot harder to get wins with him since you can't really afford to make mistakes.

Does anyone know of any pros who are having success with him that I could maybe watch?

https://youtu.be/QMAA7NejVl0

https://youtu.be/VJacLbaCNSQ

Aw maaaan, was just on an 11 win streak in ranked, my highest by far, then went up against an Alex who was so laggy there was like a 5+ second pause after 'Fight!'
Bummer. Still, 2500LP now. I can definitely feel my game improving.

Elios83

I need some help please :p
I'm doing Ryu's challenges (challenge 7 to be precise) and I don't understand how I can perform a Shinku Hadoken right after a Shoryuken. So basically how to cancel the Shoryuken into the double Hadoken. Sometimes I manange to do it but it's mostly luck. Is there some specific trick?

Making good progress on my Sim game and managed to stay in SuperBronze with consistant punishes, evasion, and strings. Every loss but one was to better-rankers who clearly were planning.

Feels good man. May go thru with my plan to sub Rashidoooooooooooooooooooooo now that I bought his later-day Macho Man duds.

Is Capcom trying to make me have a heart attack? I want all these characters.

Source

It makes me really happy to know that these characters are at least on Capcom's mind, enough to get new concepts drawn up. I hope we see them in SFV eventually.

I want Gorbachev as a playable! His V-Trigger makes his winestain glow doubling damage! :p

Just got back from four (and some change) hours of ranked SFV. I made the stupid mistake of jumping into it after a frustrating survival run that ended with stage 39 Rashid. I've lost 500 points and got run over by an army of Kens, Ryus and Cammys. After a month and a half of play I can safely say that Saturdays are shit days for variety. I've been rage quit on three times today (once in casuals lmao) and my last match was against a rage quitter Alex. I've probably lost over 1000 LP to these frauds already and the feeling to just uninstall this game grows by the day. Thank God for Alex because I don't think I could take this BS for another month or two.

I've had good variety on my run. Lotta Lauras and Nashes. I even fought and beat an actual higher ranked FANG!

mollipen

Yeah and it's weird Akuma's not in the game like Tokido for example, everytime I see him I think "yeah, he's waiting for Akuma". We can tell he's waiting so we need to throw Akuma in there.

Hell he looks dope as fuck in that new pic.

...just to be clear, I was being sarcastic. I may seriously consider giving up SFV once Akuma is in the game, because I know how much worse the online experience will become once he arrives.

And man that Sodom art is hot. I'd love to see him back.

Ferrio

Banned
...just to be clear, I was being sarcastic. I may seriously consider giving up SFV once Akuma is in the game, because I know how much worse the online experience will become once he arrives.

Akuma will be like 800 health and die in a single Crush Counter combo.

cordy

Banned

I thought you were serious honestly.

Akuma's will be easy to take down given he'll have low health and with today's system, all it takes is 1 good combo and you've pretty much lost the match. All it would take it 2 combos to down Akuma I'm sure.

Gbraga

You can see Karin's belly in her alt costume.

sgl1nOr.png

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I know she takes skill, but I fucking hate Mika with a passion.

ggs. :3

Closing the round with a Nadeshiko unblockable is literally my favorite thing in this game. In a game that's short on chip KOs, putting someone in a situation where they're literally guaranteed to die once they're at 10% or less is just So Good.

Xeteh

Dang I live in Scotland so that probably won't work :p

Ugh gross.

JK, that's a bummer. Been watching Cobelcog (who is from Ireland and he has some friends from that area), been wanting to join lounges with them but there's no point since the lag will be awful.

I can do a real bad fake accent though, if that counts.

Ugh gross.

JK, that's a bummer. Been watching Cobelcog (who is from Ireland and he has some friends from that area), been wanting to join lounges with them but there's no point since the lag will be awful.

I can do a real bad fake accent though, if that counts.
LOL

I'll be sure to call you if I ever need a really bad fake Scottish accent, then.
although technically if I were to speak with a Scottish accent I would have to fake it too, as from 11-17 I lived in the Philippines and thus my accent is pseudo-American. :p

Edzi

I'm not sure I understand how Alex's parry/lariat works. If I get the parry, does the lariat not come out? Do I have to hit HP+HK again after the parry to continue with a lariat attack after a successful parry?

Xeteh

LOL

I'll be sure to call you if I ever need a really bad fake Scottish accent, then.
although technically if I were to speak with a Scottish accent I would have to fake it too, as from 11-17 I lived in the Philippines and thus my accent is pseudo-American. :p

WHAT ARE YOU EVEN?!

I can't even make jokes if you can just change your nationality on a whim.

Ferrio

Banned
I'm not sure I understand how Alex's parry/lariat works. If I get the parry, does the lariat not come out? Do I have to hit HP+HK again after the parry to continue with a lariat attack after a successful parry?

If you just do a quick press it does just the parry, if you hold it down for longer you'll get parry into lariat.

FYI, those are concept art pieces drawn by a Capcom artist on her own, not indicative of actual cut characters. Just like how she made Zen after seeing all the rumors.

Xeteh

Ha, happy I'm a Karin main. Every trial in the game was free FM.

I don't think that matters. I could say I'm a Karin main but my inputs are garbage, learning how to combo in a just frame Tenko in to Orochi is far more than just picking Karin as a character. :(

Gbraga

I don't think that matters. I could say I'm a Karin main but my inputs are garbage, learning how to combo in a just frame Tenko in to Orochi is far more than just picking Karin as a character. :(

I guess that's true. It was definitely the hardest thing to learn with her during the beta.

Xeteh

I guess that's true. It was definitely the hardest thing to learn with her during the beta.

Yeah, I banged my head against a few trials, like Ryu's 10th... but Karin's 6th is by far the hardest for scrubs like me. That was a 3 hour effort, not even joking.

Alex's "parry":

If you press HP+HK, you get a Sledge Hammer. You cannot "parry" on its own.

If an attack touches Alex as you are charging the Sledge Hammer, you get a parry. If you are still holding HP+HK when your parry is finished recovering, you get a Sledge Hammer.

If you release HP+HK before the recovery of the parry finishes, he simply returns to idle.

HardRojo

Nope. Maybe a zenny-purchasable taunt in near future kappa.

He's... awfully polite in SFV, save for a couple character-specific win quotes.

He probably develops his confidence and cockiness somewhere between SFV and SFIII. But yeah, I was expecting "At ease, losah" to make it in.

Alex's "parry":

If an attack touches Alex as you are charging the Sledge Hammer, you get a parry. If you are still holding HP+HK when your parry is finished recovering, you get a Sledge Hammer.

If you release HP+HK before the recovery of the parry finishes, he simply returns to idle.

Thanks for this, i've been using Alex all day and still didn't know how to use his V-Trigger properly lol

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Yeah, I banged my head against a few trials, like Ryu's 10th... but Karin's 6th is by far the hardest for scrubs like me. That was a 3 hour effort, not even joking.

Ryu's 10th was only hard because I didn't notice the subtle shimmy forward after the counter hit HK, before the FP. Took me crazy long before I noticed it. Bah.

Anbec7

Alex's "parry":

Thanks a lot! It helps a lot

Xeteh

Ryu's 10th was only hard because I didn't notice the subtle shimmy forward after the counter hit HK, before the FP. Took me crazy long before I noticed it. Bah.

Even knowing about the slight move forward... I had a shitload of trouble getting the right timing in. I'd end up doing his F+HP iirc over and over instead of the foward movement before s.HP.

My biggest weakness are my poor inputs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom