• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mika is the only matchup in this game that I can never learn anything from. I get steam rolled from one touch, and if I win it's because of dumb luck. I just hate the character.

At this point I need to play as Mika and Laura just to beat them. I have no idea what they are going for or why it works.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
She seems better in almost every way though, no? The speed helps her way more than the slight damage advantage Alex has. Dunno, but I'm gonna keep working on my Alex and hopefully figure him out.

I'd say Mika has an easier time getting the momentum started (which is the most important factor), but I haven't really messed with Alex at all outside of facerolling my way through his single player content.

Mika is the only matchup in this game that I can never learn anything from. I get steam rolled from one touch, and if I win it's because of dumb luck. I just hate the character.

CempH_RWQAEMyEI.jpg

That bad, huh?

Hard and Extreme difficulties are an absolutely miserable grind.

Edzi

Yeah, and to be frank, I think that's because there just isn't anything to learn from it. I don't like to complain about the character too much because I know it seems it's just whining or being salty, but I genuinely think she's busted. Like, sure, she has some weaknesses, but she's not playing the same game the rest of the cast is. It's no fun.

Nudull

Banned
the ai in survival likes to go from zero to eleven when it feels like it and reads your inputs. That coupled with the game offering low health regens toward the end of the higher difficulties just makes it infuriating.

I don't mind the lack of arcade mode (since I know the story DLC is coming), but I was hoping I could at least jump in and play, see if I like it before getting annihilated in multiplayer.

Survival on easy and normal are fine. A little cheap in the upper twenties but not too bad.

That seems a little reassuring. o.o

wrongway

That bad, huh?
I honestly can't think of anything that I've played, ever, that's more anti-fun than Survival. It's not even valuable for practicing the basics. It's irredeemable. :(

I don't mind the lack of arcade mode (since I know the story DLC is coming), but I was hoping I could at least jump in and play, see if I like it before getting annihilated in multiplayer.

You can set different difficulty levels in training mode for playing against a moving target. Higher levels cheat of course, but it'll get ya going. And there are plenty of beginners floating around out there too, though it might take a handful of matches of getting blasted before the matchmaking sorts you decently.

Oh, and check out the new Trials mode. The first few challenges should give you a couple solid combos you can do for whatever characters you like.

Sayad

So, do you really have to replay survival to unlock colors for alts, even if you already did so for the original costume?!

Sixfortyfive

So, do you really have to replay survival to unlock colors for alts, even if you already did so for the original costume?!

Yep.

Anyone who got a pre-order costume has known this since launch, but I was hoping that they'd change this with the 1.02 patch. :(

Spman2099

Yeah, and to be frank, I think that's because there just isn't anything to learn from it. I don't like to complain about the character too much because I know it seems it's just whining or being salty, but I genuinely think she's busted. Like, sure, she has some weaknesses, but she's not playing the same game the rest of the cast is. It's no fun.

That does sound a little like salt...

R. Mika seems to bring that out in people, though. She doesn't actually have anything broken in her game, but she can make for ambiguous situations, which make people feel helpless. That being said, her entire character falters if you don't go on tilt.

cordy

Banned

Yep.

Played a Bronze Mika who completely destroyed me. Couldn't do a thing about it.

Sayad

SFV's challenges are probably the easiest in a fighting game, excluding SFxT's. Karin's #6 was a bit hard though, had no problem doing instant tenkus but the shoulder followup took a while to land.

Parrying a super that would've chipped you out, and then winning feels good.
I've gotten a couple of wins like this using that V-Trigger Alex has. Feels really good when it clicks.
Well, I've had a shit last 24 hours in this game. dropped like 800lp and can't see to do well in any matches except where it's like a 2k player or something. Feels like everyone does a great job defending agains't me, while I on the other hand do absolute garbage when it comes to defending or punishing, fml.

Oh and of course it doesn't help that I've been trying to clear hard mode survival at the same time, fuck that shit so hard, I goddamn wish whoever greenlit the idea of making players go through that shit for colors was forced to complete hard mode for all the characters and each outfit before being eligible for his/her next paycheck.

I'm off to bed, good fucking night people.
I won't be able to enjoy this game until I can at least beat hard mode with Alex and get those colors. I already gave up with Karin and she is my freaking main. It also bothers me that ranked kept throwing super bronze players at me when I had 3K LP. You can win 70% of your fights against them, but that last 30% still results in a net negative LP. Capcom needs to let us choose to play stronger people already. I want nothing but 2K guys and up if possible.
Something needs to be done about these colours being tied to survival mode. I just panicked while in the forties and lost the last half hour of my life. This has been going on for too long.

I legitimately want to fight the person who decided this was the right decision at Capcom. Even if they are super buff, and a talented fighter. Even if they mess me up real bad. Just landing a single punch on their face would be incredibly gratifying. It would be worth it. I am not a violent person. This mode is making me a violent person.
This is the worst gaming experience I've had since ranked MvC3. I hate this awful feeling, but I'm not going to pay for goddamn colors that would be reasonable to get in any other fighter.

fucking capcom
So, was one of the lucky few that caught the Amazon price error yesterday. I loved SF4, so jumping into Survival Mode to get a feel should be fun, yeah?
If I knew survival mode was going to be like this I would have waited until the steam summer sale lol. As it stands I wouldn't recommend this game to anyone. I'm steaming right now.
I lose to a local Necalli player that literally does almost nothing but walk backward and throw out crush counters the whole time. :V
holy fuck lol

It's never been that bad for me, but I dread fighting him and Bison for that particular reason. No one should need that many crush counters on top of a DP and a fast moving horizontal attack.
I spent half of Saturday trying to unlock SF2 color for Ryu story costume.

It's pure RNG man, I got it at the very last try when bosses 42-50 decided not to AA much and the game blessed me with 25K health supplements at the last 2 rounds.
I lost to stage 39 Rashid again because I didn't have full health. This is truly the worst suffering a video game can provide.

did it, that was hard and a fluke. No way i'll do the challenges higher than that

first match back in over 2 weeks, laggiest match I have ever had

Sixfortyfive

Oh man, Survival with Laura in particular is a special kind of hell.

"DING DING."
"DING DING."
"DING DING."
"DING DING."
"DING DING."
"DING DING."

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
y'all Mika whiners need to work on your fundamentals. Keep her out. It's that simple. And when she's got you knocked down, it's really a 50/50. Either you jump out, block, or tech.

My first match against Alex online and I won, twice

btw if you buy colours from the store, do they apply to all costumes? even if the costume is bought later?

is there a way to preview colours as well?

we can't buy Alex colours atm?

y'all Mika whiners need to work on your fundamentals. Keep her out. It's that simple. And when she's got you knocked down, it's really a 50/50. Either you jump out, block, or tech.
She can command grab on wakeup (oki?) right? You can't tech a command grab, from what I've been told.

Also, what's oki? I assume it's when the other person is getting back up?

As for Mika, I've been getting better against Mika. I've learned that she really has nothing unless she gets in and that is fleeting if you scramble out of it and can get out of the corner. She's still hell though.

Her main weapons to look out for that I've noticed are:

-Headbutt anti air

-Booty launch because it goes far

-Jump attack as her jump is short and difficult to anti air

-Crush counter when you wake up

-Her homegirl, Nabisco

-All grabs of course

-She can mess up your anti air with a ground pound style jump in

Am I missing anything?

wait a minute, the colours arent the ones you get from survival are they? nor do they apply to anything but default and alex doesnt even have colours on the store, capcom couldnt even get the store right :/

myco666

My first match against Alex online and I won, twice

btw if you buy colours from the store, do they apply to all costumes? even if the costume is bought later?

is there a way to preview colours as well?

we can't buy Alex colours atm?

AFAIK colors you buy from the shop are only for the default costume.

No previews for the colors but you can check them here.

decided I wont bother with ranked anymore, with the dodgy rank system not being character based, i'm not gonna put myself in a higher rank as Ken just to get creamed all the time in casual as anyone else, wish I could cap then league matchmaking so I only fight bronze or below

decided I wont bother with ranked anymore, with the dodgy rank system not being character based, i'm not gonna put myself in a higher rank as Ken just to get creamed all the time in casual as anyone else

I quit rank long time ago, rage quitters and people doing some dodgy shit to win, I beat your ass round one lag free match, round 2 and 3 lag fest, and yesterday I learned playing a friend who was on wifi since he was out of town, I saw him teleporting all over the place, but from his point of view, he was having a lag free match, and I experience this a lot in rank...

I quit rank long time ago, rage quitters and people doing some dodgy shit to win, I beat your ass round one lag free match, round 2 and 3 lag fest, and yesterday I learned playing a friend who was on wifi since he was out of town, I saw him teleporting all over the place, but from his point of view, he was having a lag free match, and I experience this a lot in rank...

its just not worth playing ranked, unless they overhaul it and the league system itself, I refuse to be punished because I dared to play a character that isnt my main, that's just terrible game design, I see no real reason to play it.

Funny thing is the league system they touted was one of the main selling points of the game to me

AEREC

is there anywhere to get the PC version cheap at the moment? Want to double dip but definitely dont want to pay full price (more like $30-40).

The move that combos after a flash chop is different from the power bomb which I will now always refer to as "powah bomb"

powah bomb is a regular command grab while that's only doable after a heavy Flash chop.

that's the power drop. Power Bomb you need to be right in front of the enemy, and poking tends to stop it, its rather hard to pull off as a result

Got matched with a Cammy two leagues below me.
Just about to perfect them in the first round, rage quit.
Two mins later get matched with them again... rage quit on the VS screen.
Get matched with them a third time... they finally accept their fate and take the beating. But didn't go for the rematch option funnily enough!

SAiLO

I really don't like playing against Vega online. Seems like all be does is defending until the time runs out or high jumps. Pathetic.

that's the power drop. Power Bomb you need to be right in front of the enemy, and poking tends to stop it, its rather hard to pull off as a result
That's generally how command grabs are balanced. Too close and you can get jabbed, too far and you can't do the move. Birdie and Mika have a range where some character's longest light attacks won't reach and they can still pull off a command grab.

Zangief is a different level entirely though, which is fine because Command grabs are pretty much all he has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom