• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
so is this person named RZR_INFILTRATION a bot? it was reacting to everything I did

At one point it was actually Infiltration. Then Capcom's servers Capcom'd, and Tool Assisted somehow took over the name. I don't know if it has been returned to its rightful owner at this point.

Mizerman

So today I brought over my friend who barely ever play any fighting game. He played both sfv and MKX.According to his opinion sfv was not good while MK was a ton of fun. He didn't play any story mode or nothing. Just regular vs match.He feels the presentation, the gameplay is far superior. He felt the characters in MK felt like they had personalities ,he liked the dial a combo system, fatalities and all that.

I realized why MKX is destroying sf for the last few years when it comes to winning causal market. Capcom is still making sf2. Almost 30 years later. While NRS is more bold trying new things. Presentation is top notch which attracts lot of new people to this niche genre.seeing MKX and sfv side by side SF just looks old and ancient. Note: not gameplay wise.

So I think sp alone isn't the cause why SF is not bringing in newer players. They gotta take more bold moves. Change up things. They play it too safe.

Trying new things? You do realize that Midway/NRS been doing SP related content for MK ever since Deadly Alliance, right? Why are people just noticing that MK been doing things like this for years now?

I mean, the only differences right now is the story structure (which they adopted from MKvsDC. And DOA did that chapter by chapter method as well) and the variations.

Even as a casual player, MKX doesn't really have anything more me at the moment. I've already saw the story on youtube and it wasn't really that good. The DLC characters don't interest me other than Jason and Bo Rai Cho and I'm not gonna buy a game based on 2 DLC character.

You see, all that flash won't mean anything to me if I don't ultimately enjoy the package. Get back to me when a Shaolin Monks sequel or Injustice 2 comes out.

Moaradin

karintnbm8.gif

Why is this reversal so ass? He neutral jumps IN FRONT OF ME and somehow I go under him and it doesn't hit at all? This takes a bar of meter too. It's worse than any of the invincible reversals that take no bar...

kobu

Ucchedavāda;198229077 said:
At one point it was actually Infiltration. Then Capcom's servers Capcom'd, and Tool Assisted somehow took over the name. I don't know if it has been returned to its rightful owner at this point.

yeah that was definitely tool assisted

I've fought ONE outside of Gaffers that were not clearly experimenting with labwork in casual match ups.

You'd think that character would be more rookie-attractive, but no.

Rookies probably stumble over his short-ranged normals. I've been having a lot of fun playing him, to the point where he is probably my new main, but has definitely been hard for me to adjust to those normals. And it makes match-ups vs grapplers horrifying, since you basically have be up close to get a hit in, putting you in their optimum range as well.

I'm starting to believe the game is cheating me out of wins.

I was in a 9 winstreak until I faced a Karin player who started to rollback like crazy in the 2nd and third match and lost after a smooth first round.

Then after that I started running into people who are playing on Wifi connection and using the Alt-tab exploit. Was able to get win and reached a 4 winstreak until a Necalli appeared player and again rollback.

I can't be the only one who's experiencing this. This happened when I reached 2000LP and have been struggling ranking up because of poorly the netcode is implemented and only playing against people with 1000LP lower and 2000 LP higher than me.

And setting the connection to 5 bars does nothing stop suggesting that. The match can be smooth in the first match but starts lagging on the 2nd and 3rd.

I love when Nash players try to moonsault frame trap me. I just walk under it every time lol

He can be knocked out of the air. Very useless move unless he does it on reaction from a whiff'd move for fireball.

Steroyd

Playing against Zangief is depressing.

Indeed if you have a character who throws fireballs then you can at least have a gameplan against him, I still get stumped when I'm using Cammy because his throw range is insane and he out jabs me at everything.

Maybe I need to learn anti airs better and start goading Zangief players into jumping in.

Whales

Banned
karintnbm8.gif

Why is this reversal so ass? He neutral jumps IN FRONT OF ME and somehow I go under him and it doesn't hit at all? This takes a bar of meter too. It's worse than any of the invincible reversals that take no bar...

Be glad she actually has one she can use, sure its not perfect but it's better than nothing.

ElTopo

Banned
Indeed if you have a character who throws fireballs then you can at least have a gameplan against him, I still get stumped when I'm using Cammy because his throw range is insane and he out jabs me at everything.

Cammy's MK should work. It's one of the best reaching pokes in the game. If that's failing than the Gief is making good reads

Whales

Banned
Her anti air buttons aren't good either. Not sure why I should be glad when she has some of the worst defense in the game lol

You should be glad because at least she has that reversal even if it isn't 100% reliable..

She could be nash and just have nothing lol

Edgeward

Thanks for all of the advice, I will definitely work on my button presses. I do need to learn block strings with Rashid, and I also felt like I didn't really have a plan of attack against Mika. I'm not use to playing her, and I had a hard time figuring out what was punishable.

Thanks again for the games.

She doesn't have a lot of good wake up options outside of ex peach, and that doesn't have armor until after frame 1 so meaty attacks work. She is either all in or she loses in every other situation.

Whenever you want to play again, let me know. I'm always looking for more Rashid experience

Edzi

There are too many above average players who rage quit online. It's super frustrating knowing that they're likely never going to get caught, and will continue to rise in ranks.

FluxWaveZ

Yea I get disconnected right after like 10 seconds

Ha, sorry I couldn't provide much of a fight; I'm not on your level yet.

Man, Laura can get pretty intense. If I don't jump, I get command grabbed. If I jump, I get elbowed and combo'd into oblivion. Gotta rewatch those matches.

jett

D-Member
you just know every map had stuff like this that had to be cut to get this game out in time... shame i really hope it gets added in later

Since that shit barely ever happens, I think they stopped making them because they realized it was pointless. :p

Ha, sorry I couldn't provide much of a fight; I'm not on your level yet.

Man, Laura can get pretty intense. If I don't jump, I get command grabbed. If I jump, I get elbowed and combo'd into oblivion. Gotta rewatch those matches.

Ggs, I feel the exact same way about Mika lol. If I jump I eat an uppercut/wingless airplane if I don't jump I get command thrown. I really feel this matchup is really decided by whoever is currently on the offence. Both characters really don't have that many options on defence so it's better to just be rushing the other down.

Also Mika's cr.HP is nonsense lol, if I block get bodied if I don't block get bodied.

I also have no idea where those Mika setups hit in the corner with V-Trigger, I was just doing all I could to try avoid the situation all together.

Hex

Banned
I think next weekend while I have off I am going to try hooking up to my Asus monitor instead of my tv and see if I do better.
My tv is not terrible, 40ms of display lag (rated as great) but I still feel like I am a step behind.
It could also be my old assed self

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Excellent, out of Super Bronze and back to Bronze again. Yes, happy days. Good beam spam Mr Ex Trigger Ryu.

I also fought some Bison that certainly felt tool assisted as it played shit all match and then when it landed just one hit it went into the bullshit auto combo he loves to do on Survival.

Moaradin

Man fuck R Mika Vortex bullshit. I thought this game was trying to remove cheap stuff like that. Might as well put your controller down whenever R Mika starts going on autopilot.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I started doing better against Mika just by blocking more, they don't like to grab too often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom