• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

An opportunity to fight back? She's plus on her Crush Counter, her light are 3f and can either lead to a frame trap or her leg command throw which apparently have it's range increased by the way buffering works.

You have all the opportunity in the world when she isn't in your face; it's not like she has many options to get in.

qcf x2

Man fuck R Mika Vortex bullshit. I thought this game was trying to remove cheap stuff like that. Might as well put your controller down whenever R Mika starts going on autopilot.

She doesn't have a vortex, come on now. She's also difficult to win with once people know her intro gimmicks.

Moaradin

Mika only needs 1 hit to get you in the corner. What am I supposed to do as Karin at that point? I literally have to guess and I have a 50% chance of guessing wrong. And if I do guess wrong then I get crush countered and most likely dead at that point.

Not like she even has a hard time getting in with that match up either. She can jump in all day.

Bronze bros!

4XklV5U.gif
how far we've come! <3

Oh man that Necalli in 29 Normal Survival. Last 5 attempts I keep getting backed into a corner and I can't get anything in!

I swear he wasn't this hard a few days ago! I've beaten Normal Survival loads of times now.

An opportunity to fight back? She's plus on her Crush Counter, her light are 3f and can either lead to a frame trap or her leg command throw which apparently have it's range increased by the way buffering works.

Most of her tools are to keep momentum going, once she's rolling it sure looks like she's unstoppable. But she's got a ton of holes in her armor. I'm not saying "GIT GUD" at all, she's scary when she's steamrolling. But she leans so heavy on offense that stopping her at any point derails the whole thing.

No projectiles, no wakeup without meter, easily punished cr.HK, huge recovery time for whiffed f.MP or command grabs, a single target combo, only j.LK has cross-up potential. Long startup time for her one escape move with Wingless Airplane. Out pressure the pressure and she won't have time to start anything up.*

*This is all from an Ultra Bronze so take that with as much salt as required.

Ferrio

Banned
Mika only needs 1 hit to get you in the corner. What am I supposed to do as Karin at that point? I literally have to guess and I have a 50% chance of guessing wrong. And if I do guess wrong then I get crush countered and most likely dead at that point.

Not like she even has a hard time getting in with that match up either. She can jump in all day.

v-reversal?

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Is capcom gonna let everyone try Alex for free for a weekend when he launches before charging for him afterward?

That would be nice of them. So probably not.

I bet they'll just use good old fashioned jealousy to get people to buy him.

Or, this one time, as an apology for the first month's bullshit, they will grant us some free time with him.

Moaradin

v-reversal?

Not a very good option when so many Mika players like to mash on jab. Or if I fight one that actually grabs. But sure let's say they did f.HP or something and I get out. It's not like it's hard for her to put me back in that situation again.

That would be nice of them. So probably not.

I bet they'll just use good old fashioned jealousy to get people to buy him.

Or, this one time, as an apology for the first month's bullshit, they will grant us some free time with him.
I honestly didn't even mean it because of all their fuck ups, I just think it's a good strategy to get people to buy him/waste their fight money. Otherwise I'm not going to.

Ferrio

Banned
Not a very good option when so many Mika players like to mash on jab. Or if I fight one that actually grabs. But sure let's say they did f.HP or something and I get out. It's not like it's hard for her to put me back in that situation again.

EX reversal? It'll beat anything.

Hex

Banned
How does the robot work tho? How does it read your inputs? Sniffing traffic?

I do not think that would be possible.
I think it is essentially like the training mode robot, cranked up to 8 or perhaps higher.
If that is the case it can react to key entry.

mbpm1

Sounds like I should play some Mika

Definitely refining my Ryu right now though. Had a long series against a Gold Bison who was learning Cammy. Since I had just gotten stomped by a Gold Cammy previously it was a welcome educational experience for me was well

Thing is even though I won most of the sets I couldn't tell you why I was winning. He just seemed to run into a lot of hits at times and then get kept out indefinitely.

Moaradin

karintnbm8.gif

Doesn't beat people neutral jumping right in front of you apparently.

Karin's EX reversal is garbage and that's still a 50/50 guess. If they block it most of my health is gone from a crush counter combo and they just set me up for another 50/50.

how come when I beat someone in the 1-999 when I'm over a thousand I only seem to get 35LP but when im 1500 and lose against someone at 2800 he gains almost 60. Not sure I get the system here.

Nah it won't beat a block. Unless you are 100% sure based off the gameplay of said Mika player its way too big a gamble. I've just started playing keep away with Mikas as a Karin player and getting my pokes n confirms as they come in slowly.

Ferrio

Banned
Karin's EX reversal is garbage and that's still a 50/50 guess. If they block it most of my health is gone from a crush counter combo and they just set me up for another 50/50.

So, you're upset you don't have 100% way to get outta the corner? Name me a character that doesn't have to guess when they're in that situation. She has more tools to get out than a good portion of the cast, be glad you atleast have the option for an invul wake up.

FluxWaveZ

yeah you can make it push buttons and then punish

Not how I did it: my compelling match against the robot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vRc98cH5Vc

Capcom, please.

Doesn't beat people neutral jumping right in front of you apparently.

You're whining about Karin's reversal when Mika barely even has one (well, technically, she has none). Mika neutral jumping won't bypass Karin's like Rashid is doing in that .gif. And what if they block it? Maybe you would guess that they would block it and escape through other means, like literally anyone else does against any character?

mbpm1

Basically vs Mika/Laura corner = 50/50 mixup hell. Mid-screen = Somewhat higher than that if you can control your space. It really sucks sometimes but that's the game.

Moaradin

So, you're upset you don't have 100% way to get outta the corner? Name me a character that doesn't have to guess when they're in that situation. She has more tools to get out than a good portion of the cast, be glad you atleast have the option for an invul wake up.

No I just wish Mika actually had to think to get her corner damage in. It's so stupid how little risk she has to take.

Ferrio

Banned
No I just wish Mika actually had to think to get her corner damage in. It's so stupid how little risk she has to take.

It's her reward for putting you in that situation. If she fucks up she's back at neutral again, which is the risk. It's the same for the whole cast, a Karin can put someone in the corner and apply the same pressure.

Sheroking

st.hp easily anti-airs every single jump in from Mika. If it's from a bad angle, command dash out of there.

Mika wins from the corner against the entire cast. It's not hard to keep her out as Karin. st.mk stuffs her dropkick VERY late in the animation and if they mash cr.hp, neutral jump more. Karin should dominate her in the neutral.

I think this is a hard 6-4 in Karin's favor.

Xevren

st.hp easily anti-airs every single jump in from Mika. If it's from a bad angle, command dash out of there.

Mika wins from the corner against the entire cast. It's not hard to keep her out as Karin. st.mk stuffs her dropkick VERY late in the animation and if they mash cr.hp, neutral jump more. Karin should dominate her in the neutral.

Man don't use st mk vs her drop kick, you can flat out use a light command dash to low profile it and get a full combo punish.

ElTopo

Banned
Man fuck R Mika Vortex bullshit. I thought this game was trying to remove cheap stuff like that. Might as well put your controller down whenever R Mika starts going on autopilot.

Look out dude, some guy is going to submit you to scrubquotes now...

"Someone dared to complain about a character? Ludicrous! They should be hung and quartered in public square!"

Mika has a tough time getting in on fireball characters -except for Fang because he's ass- , she has no true blockstrings unlike Laura, and you can get out of her 6HP frame-trap mid-screen if you backdash out after blocking it.

If a Mika beats you then they just out-played you which is what happens with Grappler characters.

jediyoshi

Starting to properly get a hang of hit confirming dp/hado into super for ryu. It's funny how big the window starts to look once you know what to look for.

Moaradin

I've been crush countered trying to st.MK her dropkick late dozens of times. It's not reliable at all. You have to get it early.

I think the match is terrible for Karin. With her low health and bad defense Mika can just blow her up with one good read.

Sheroking

I've been crush countered trying to st.MK her dropkick late dozens of times. It's not reliable at all. You have to get it early.

No, you don't.

You can literally hit her out of it as she's in the air about to hit you. Your reacting way late.

It might not even be the best option either. Thanks for the tip btw, Xevren.

Moaradin

No, you don't.

You can literally hit her out of it as she's in the air about to hit you. Your reacting way late.

It might not even be the best option either. Thanks for the tip btw, Xevren.

I've been beat by the dropkick with just about every button. I've even tried to cr.HP it EARLY to get a crush counter but the window on that is tiny and not worth the risk. I mostly try to neutral jump it these days but even then it can hit me out of the air at times

Rhubarb is a rage quitting Karin in silver. So you took a bad fucking L to someone a thousand LP below you. Calm yourself. He's lucky I'm too lazy to upload vids of this shit to capcom.

Just pisses me off because it was a big win after a 5 game slide. Shit like this makes me glad this game is bombing lol. I wish this on no man.

FluxWaveZ

I've been beat by the dropkick with just about every button. I've even tried to cr.HP it EARLY to get a crush counter but the window on that is tiny and not worth the risk. I mostly try to neutral jump it these days but even then it can hit me out of the air at times

If it was as flawless as you're saying, I wouldn't be scared of abusing it against Karins. Unfortunately, it isn't that good, and Karins I've been going against punish it consistently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom