• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got matched with a Cammy two leagues below me.
Just about to perfect them in the first round, rage quit.
Two mins later get matched with them again... rage quit on the VS screen.
Get matched with them a third time... they finally accept their fate and take the beating. But didn't go for the rematch option funnily enough!

lol how pathetic on their part

mm really shouldn't put you with serial droppers though. fix this pls capcom.

I really don't like playing against Vega online. Seems like all be does is defending until the time runs out or high jumps. Pathetic.

Vega has all the tools to go for a time out victory, and if that is the strat they want to use then you will just have to deal with it, nothing pathetic about it.

SAiLO

Vega has all the tools to go for a time out victory, and if that is the strat they want to use then you will just have to deal with it, nothing pathetic about it.
It is painful when you want a fight and the other guy keeps running away for 99 seconds each round.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
lol how pathetic on their part

mm really shouldn't put you with serial droppers though. fix this pls capcom.

nor should ranked match you against people 2 leagues above you. Shit is just silly all around. You can't tell me there are so few people playing it has to do that.

Gbraga

What I noticed is that, while I do get some Super/Ultra Bronze players every now and then, it's more rare to get people with low level characters. So matchmaking probably takes that into consideration as well. Since you get EXP even when you're losing LP, that would explain getting matched with people who are ranked higher.

Which is kind of dumb and defeats the purpose of league based matchmaking, but I think that's what's happening.

Demoli

Is anyone else's game getting stuck after a games point distribution?

It doesnt evn give me options, I'm just stuck there looking at the victory screen without the options to rematch/return to the main menu

Really down on the netcode lately. Feels like 50% of my matches are a mess.

+1 on that. my matches today were awful. 2 that were straight up lost connections, and several others that should have been with awful rubber banding. I'm sure it wasn't me with my 12/90 connection.

the ai in survival likes to go from zero to eleven when it feels like it and reads your inputs. That coupled with the game offering low health regens toward the end of the higher difficulties just makes it infuriating.

Easy and Normal, that's it, and it's not because of the AI, 50 stages for hard come the fuck on (Hell is 100) Capcom..

oh-hohoho. It's too late. I'm making declarative, hyperbolic statements & I think I like it!

Here's the thing - I don't think neither Necalli or Alex are too far off from some of the other cast members. In fact, my opinion of Necalli has gotten much better in the last 2 weeks. Partially cause i've gotten better, also cause his jab is so ludicrous. And i've gotten more mileage out of his dive kick (although not as much as i'd hope).

Alex is different though. So much of his kit can be found in Birdie, without any of the drawbacks Alex has.I did read the post I was guided to, and some of those tools do sound promising. I'll keep working on it.
The fact your post revolved around claims such as "Some of Alex's special moves are worse than Birdie's because they're charged motions" just reinforces that characters like him and Necalli simply don't gel with you, rather than them actually being bad. That's ignoring that type of information being flat-out wrong too, full stop.

Lol, I can't even beat bronze players with Alex. I just can't get in.

My initial thoughts of Alex aren't really changing. From what little I've seen so far, I just think he's a really weak character at the moment with no clear strengths. No reliable damage, insanely slow moves, and no way to get in. The one strength that people seem to give him is high stun, but I fail to see how that's useful given his other weaknesses and inability to maintain pressure. Even Valle seems to think he's pretty weak relative to the rest of the cast. Obviously he's not terrible, but you seem to have to work a lot harder to get wins with him since you can't really afford to make mistakes.

Does anyone know of any pros who are having success with him that I could maybe watch?
This kind of dribble too. Stop pretending it's the character's fault just because you yourself can't wrap your head around how to get in on someone when he already has at least four different ways of doing so.

Finally made it to gold and now I retire from the game. Lol

I've had 30 RQs since the middle of March. Anecdotally most of them were from PS4. Ken is the most likely to Rage Quit followed by Ryu and Necalli IMO. I don't think I have ever had a Mika RQ on me.

Edit- When I got a win streak over 7 people started to quit more often.

Finally made it to gold and now I retire from the game. Lol

I've had 30 RQs since the middle of March. Anecdotally most of them were from PS4. Ken is the most likely to Rage Quit followed by Ryu and Necalli IMO. I don't think I have ever had a Mika RQ on me.

Edit- When I got a win streak over 7 people started to quit more often.

But 5000 points is right there, why not go for it? Do you really wanna be coupled with All those other people who just barely hit 4000? ;)

what is your fav. AA with alex? i kinda stick to cr.hp lately. when they're close i'll meet them in the air with mk or hk. rarely using jab, but i kinda don't even need it.

Trickster

Tips for playing agaisn't Birdie as Mika? Feel like it's a near impossible matchup. Jumpin's gets anti aired easily, just neutral jump to avoid c.hk, and then Birdie just dominates Mika with far far superior normals

Rektash

I am, because I'm playing like shit for no reason

Yeah but that's normal. You aren't some machine that can perform identically every time.

Sometimes you just gotto accept that you can't play the way you want to right now. You aren't a pro tournament player, just take off a day or two.

All beating yourself up over not performing well is gonna do, is make you not want to play the game if it becomes a regular thing.

Finally got my Alpha stick to work on PC

There can be miracles, when you believe.

Sorry for being a willy, did anyone buy another copy of SFV cheap [on amazon] and wanting to sell the code on?

Slowdive

Banned
Is anyone else's game getting stuck after a games point distribution?

It doesnt evn give me options, I'm just stuck there looking at the victory screen without the options to rematch/return to the main menu

Yeah, happened to me a few times yesterday.

vg260

May have been posted, but for those wanting more detailed character breakdowns Sajam posted a series on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6Zpep0TMBYSFl9lxjYSQVwDDhbs8esw1

A quick but good walkthrough of all the characters' normals, specials, V-stuff, etc.
Very good stuff for a quick summary if you're looking to jump into a character. (he also has KI and MKX ones)

IMHO, This kind of stuff is why Capcom's character tutorials in-game are fine, and it's not worth the resources to construct all this stuff in-game when it's so much more easily shown with a quick video.

VariantX

That's because they ARE reading and directly reacting to your inputs from the later levels of hard mode onward

Its complete bullshit that anyone designing a fighting game would rely on this method of A.I. design. You at some point, stop playing the game, and just start doing the one or two things in your character's arsenal that the A.I. cant respond to well. Its un-fun repetitive shit. I'd rather the enemies started getting various buffs along the way. I would rather fight for example, an A.I. Necalli that converts 50% of the damage he does to you back to his own health bar than to fight one that just reads your buttons and responds with frame-perfect counter moves or a F.A.N.G that starts with perma poison cloud and ryobendas that stay out extra long? Let people spend like 75-100,000 pts for an extra attempt. How about having hidden, optional fights that happen if the player fulfills certain conditions for better rewards? It feels more designed towards keeping players from winning than from being an interesting, replayable mode.

When the fuck are they going to fix the stats??

I thought that would come with the patch but all the stats in my fighter profile are still blank.
It really bothers me that there's less stats/info than SFIV had.

I can't tell how many ranked wins I've had, my win percentage, total playtime or anything like that. Really hope that all gets patched in.

KingBroly

Banned
Omg that Mika guide

I didn't know her V skill also powered up her throws

Incredible

I think there was a video of this in the first beta with her. She did a full promo and OHKO'd with her throw afterwards.

It's really stupid that certain colors are locked behind character levels. Tons of grinding involved there.

vg260

Its complete bullshit that anyone designing a fighting game would rely on this method of A.I. design. You at some point, stop playing the game, and just start doing the one or two things in your character's arsenal that the A.I. cant respond to well. Its un-fun repetitive shit. I'd rather the enemies started getting various buffs along the way. I would rather fight for example, an A.I. Necalli that converts 50% of the damage he does to you back to his own health bar than to fight one that just reads your buttons and responds with frame-perfect counter moves or a F.A.N.G that starts with perma poison cloud and ryobendas that stay out extra long? Let people spend like 75-100,000 pts for an extra attempt. How about having hidden, optional fights that happen if the player fulfills certain conditions for better rewards? It feels more designed towards keeping players from winning than from being an interesting, replayable mode.

This mode is beyond salvaging. Everyone hates it so much at this point, even if they do fix it, no one would want to play it anymore. People just want a basic arcade ladder.

I don't care what they do with survival mode, as long as they take out the color unlocks from behind them. It's insulting that given how trivial it is for them to implement a new color in this engine that you have to beat a 30 and 50-win survival mode just to unlock a measly 10 colors. It's even more ridiculous that you have to do it for the costumes you buy.

Pull the color unlocks out of survival, put in arcade ladder, and just leave survival for fight money if you want, and a huge amount of complaints about the game are solved.

When the fuck are they going to fix the stats??

I thought that would come with the patch but all the stats in my fighter profile are still blank.
It really bothers me that there's less stats/info than SFIV had.

I can't tell how many ranked wins I've had, my win percentage, total playtime or anything like that. Really hope that all gets patched in.

Nobody knows. Seemed like a cool feature when it was first announced.

myco666

I fucking hate survival. It is just a goddamn waste of time and it has no redeeming qualities. Almost finished normal with Birdie but at stage 28 got a server disconnect. Then I try hard with Ryu again since I really want that color 8 and get to stage 40 and CPU just decides to destroy me. "please try again". Who the hell thought 30+ fights is a good idea when you have 16 different characters and 10 stages? I am so tired of fighting the first 30 fights of hard.

Survival is trash and one simple thing they could do to remove the frustration is make each mode 10 matches long with varying difficulties, so you don't have to waste 30 minutes of your life to get stomped by input reading CPU and then get offered a low life supplement.

Edzi

The fact your post revolved around claims such as "Some of Alex's special moves are worse than Birdie's because they're charged motions" just reinforces that characters like him and Necalli simply don't gel with you, rather than them actually being bad. That's ignoring that type of information being flat-out wrong too, full stop.

This kind of dribble too. Stop pretending it's the character's fault just because you yourself can't wrap your head around how to get in on someone when he already has at least four different ways of doing so.

No need to get upset, I'm trying to figure the character out and I'm just saying that's what I noticed personally in my time playing him. I'm not trying to dismiss him and I'm down for some tips if you have them. I know he has some moves that can get him close, but they mostly seemed unsafe to me.

Rektash

How to get better at playing vs bad players that go ham on their randomness? I am at a point where I am just not very consistently beating players that I should easily dispatch of.

An example from just a couple minutes ago: I lost against a 2k silver Zangief going ham - he was so unpredictable that basically everything I tried to do was in vain. Shortly after I 2-0'ed a 5k gold Zangief. He was trying to play the matchup proper, slowly inching in. I beat him with better footsies, zoning him out basically.

And now I am here asking myself how to be more consistent when it comes to beating random players. Currently what I try to do is, play as safe as possible while doing maximum damage punishes. Basically I try to let them run into a brick wall, waiting for them getting impatient doing stupid stuff. Any tips how to sway stuff more into my favor because quite honestly it doesn't seem to be enough to stop the crazy sometimes?

Shito

Haven't played online ever since the patch: I really enjoy the rematch option!
If you just accept that points are worthless and detach yourself from them, it's really great being able to rematch better players than you or characters you don't have enough experience against. It nearly makes me appreciate the MM matching me sometimes with gold players or above...
I don't even really mind players choosing not to rematch, I sometimes back off myself when the connection is not so good or I feel like I will not learn anything from my opponent.
But yeah, getting those tense sets going all the way up to the last round, while both of you adapted to the other is such a great moment to have I don't even mind losing some of them. <3

A.E Suggs

I tried to hold it down for gaf at wizard world st louis, no go sadly. Oh well, had fun thumping people that didn't know how to play since got my ass beat in tekken.

cordy

Banned
I fucking hate survival. It is just a goddamn waste of time and it has no redeeming qualities. Almost finished normal with Birdie but at stage 28 got a server disconnect. Then I try hard with Ryu again since I really want that color 8 and get to stage 40 and CPU just decides to destroy me. "please try again". Who the hell thought 30+ fights is a good idea when you have 16 different characters and 10 stages? I am so tired of fighting the first 30 fights of hard.

Yeppppppp.

Survival is it's own thing. Like I always say, we need Arcade with a difficulty ramp. Survival goes from 0-100 real quick, there's barely any middle in it. At least with Arcade you'd see gradual progression.

I can't even tell you how many times I've had to do Alex's Survival on NORMAL and reach 29-30 before getting brutally murdered by Necalli and Bison.

mbpm1

tumblr_o52l24FXhA1ua3ziio2_540.jpg

tumblr_o52l24FXhA1ua3ziio1_540.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom