• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbpm1

He is the only character without a fireball that can win playing like a Ryu brick wall. It sucks, but sometimes you have to hold that L and thank God you aren't a Karin player. That match up has to be one of the most frustrating ones in the game (regardless of tier charts).

IMO brick wall is a bit of a misnomer.

He's plays with too much mobility and slipperiness to be a wall. I don't know what to call him.

But as a Vega player I like it

Durden77

The worst part about fighting Mika is that when I get her in the corner, I am scared to take advantage of it to it's fullest extent. I know with one slip up then she's got me flipped around into what is now her corner of fun.

FiggyCal

Banned
The worst part about fighting Mika is that when I get her in the corner, I am scared to take advantage of it to it's fullest extent. I know with one slip up then she's got me flipped around into what is now her corner of fun.

You can throw her out of anything though.

Hyun Sai

Really happy to see a Bison taking a Capcom ranking event.

No 3 frames jab, no command grab, no invincible reversal, solid play all along.

Good shit, Problem X.

Rektash

Really happy to see a Bison taking a Capcom ranking event.

No 3 frames jab, no command grab, no invincible reversal, solid play all along.

Good shit, Problem X.

To be fair though he has buttons for days. Probably the best buttons in the game actually! Also, he needs what feels like 2 1/2 combos to kill characters :D.

HabeeNo

I don't think there currently is one, but there are some solid players up the leaderboard ladder. One thing I can tell you will improve anyone's game is actually relying less on mixups and learning / relearning the normals and spacing game. I play Mika a lot to relative success and I don't even fish for the rope throw. I only use it as a confirm or a punish, and I go a lot of matches beating people with the basics.

Thing about mixups is it's at best 50/50, meaning there's a huge chance each mixup won't work. Normals, spacing, fundamentals on the other hand have a much higher rate of success. Obviously you want to have both, but if you're feeling frustrated because your mixups aren't working then it wouldn't be a bad idea to hone the other stuff.

Rocwell is a great laura player and has a ton of videos on YouTube featuring various mixups and stuff you can do with laura. He also uploads matches he plays against great players as well.

Vryu doesn't stream too often and he can't attend a lot of tournaments because of his work and living place, but he more or less defined and showed how to play her: the vast majority of the setups you'll see come from him, and he's playing her very safe and methodical until he scores a knockdown and starts the guessing game.

Thank you guys so much for the tips :D

Gonna start doing my "homework" and put some work on Training mode to git gud :)

Vesper Arcade tier list

his explanations, with timestamps

tl;dr version

A+: Chun-Li, Nash, Vega
A: Bison, Ryu, Karin
A-: Dhalsim, Necalli, Birdie
B+: Mika, Ken, Cammy
B: Laura
B-: Rashid, FANG, Zangief
Their mentioning "don't quick rise against Karin!" is definitely true.

I've said this before, but I still eludes me as to why character themes are set to play as default with no option to turn them off. Regardless of them being any good or not, most of the time they are jarringly different from the mood of the stage, and lack the dynamic spin the stage music has. What is the point of working so hard to ensure that the art style and level detail matches up, the music is super fitting as sets the tone of the stage along with corresponding to the fight, and then throwing it all down the drain? It literally makes no sense for me to be playing in a busted up street, or near some tranquil waterfall, and suddenly have Mika's or Karin's theme blasting out with no sort of continuity to what's going on visually at the moment.

Why not have the option like Street Fighter 4 did?
omg people luv the ryu and ken theme!

I agree. The original music is so fucking good in this game, I'm praying we get the option in a future update.

Morris

Disco Devil
you feeling any rollback?

Yeah I generally have a bad connection against east coast : ( GGs. First alex I play in a long set.

You gotta work on your hit confirms though, I don't think st mp, st mp links? There were a few times you would have won if you'd have super canceled a flash chop, I'm not sure how safe chop is for pressure though. Generally I feel like this matchup is not that bad for Alex with meter, he has decent tools, you'd essentially need to be reactive to nash's mistakes in the neutral and take risks every once in a while. Also, you can use his CC shoulder (cr fwd hp?) to punish any v-trigger attempt on reaction.

Nice to see you around man, let's play some other time.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Going to run a test stream for the PC version in a few minutes. I'm creating a private lobby with 8 slots and will be streaming matches for a while. (I may or may not play myself, depending on how lag and performance are affected when streaming. If my setup struggles with it, I'll just sit around spectating.)

If you want in the lobby, just quote this post with your CFN ID and I'll add you in a little bit. North American players only please, so that the lag is less likely to be miserable for anyone. I'll be keeping it on single-game matches so that the wait time for other players in the lobby isn't too obscene.

Stream link:
http://twitch.tv/sixfortyfive

lol So I just played this guy and I think I just mentally deflated him with non-activity. I would remain motionless until he got close and then crushed him with a single move or combo over and over again. It was partial luck on my part that I struck at the right times.

My Nash to his Gief. He tried so many different ways to get in too.

As a bonus I just ruined a higher ranked Mika's day with barbaric rage after she started with that corner crap.

Decent day so far.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Sorry to repeat myself already, but just quoting this once for the new page:

Going to run a test stream for the PC version in a few minutes. I'm creating a private lobby with 8 slots and will be streaming matches for a while. (I may or may not play myself, depending on how lag and performance are affected when streaming. If my setup struggles with it, I'll just sit around spectating.)

If you want in the lobby, just quote this post with your CFN ID and I'll add you in a little bit. North American players only please, so that the lag is less likely to be miserable for anyone. I'll be keeping it on single-game matches so that the wait time for other players in the lobby isn't too obscene.

Stream link:
http://twitch.tv/sixfortyfive

It always seems like when I match with a Ken it's some potatoe internet asshole with Bison teleports. I hope they enjoy the points, because they aren't deserved.

I fucking hate Survival, whoever designed that needs to be punched in the mouth. Half of it is a waste time with dead easy fights, then some of fights are a small challenge, and then here comes M. fucking Bison to fuck my shit up. Instead of having 30 fights for normal they should just make it 15 and take out all the easy ones.

Third time I reached 30 (with relative ease) with Zangief only to get absolutely wrecked.

FiggyCal

Banned
I fucking hate Survival, whoever designed that needs to be punched in the mouth. Half of it is a waste time with dead easy fights, then some of fights are a small challenge, and then here comes M. fucking Bison to fuck my shit up. Instead of having 30 fights for normal they should just make it 15 and take out all the easy ones.

Third time I reached 30 (with relative ease) with Zangief only to get absolutely wrecked.

I know Capcom won't do anything, but once you've proven you can beat the first 15 levels we should be able to skip that. It's so tedious, especially when we have to win what, 50 for hard?

Got back from ranked matches a little while ago and I managed to recover six hundred LP with a 12 win streak. I even got to fight some people from yesterday that beat me. It really helps to warm up with battle lounges and casual matches. Survival just kills the morale before someone can even get started. This freaking game threw a bunch of 1300 LP players at me as well. It is scary because a 4/5 win record against them barely lets you break even as a super silver.
I'm calling BS on Claw being A+
Ditto

Claw can switch places with Ryu and Karin can move down to A tier or less. I'm having a hard time seeing how she is better than Necalli or Birdie.
IMO brick wall is a bit of a misnomer.

He's plays with too much mobility and slipperiness to be a wall. I don't know what to call him.

But as a Vega player I like it
Yeah, he is more like walking bunch of hitboxes instead. The best way to beat him is head on in the air or when he is waking up on the ground. Once you let him walk a bit he'll scoot out of your range faster than Jon Talbain.
Alex's Premium outfit hair kinda resembles Gill's
I like that and since Alex in the game I wouldn't mind seeing Gill down the road. He'd be better than Seth anyways.
lol So I just played this guy and I think I just mentally deflated him with non-activity. I would remain motionless until he got close and then crushed him with a single move or combo over and over again. It was partial luck on my part that I struck at the right times.

My Nash to his Gief. He tried so many different ways to get in too.

As a bonus I just ruined a higher ranked Mika's day with barbaric rage after she started with that corner crap.

Decent day so far.
Sometimes people just blank out when fighting Zangief, but if I had a fireball that white health would be a real issue for Zangief players.
It always seems like when I match with a Ken it's some potatoe internet asshole with Bison teleports. I hope they enjoy the points, because they aren't deserved.
I dealt with this today from a Ken player that beat me yesterday. It felt good because he was one of those super safe kens and yesterday was probably one of my worst ranked match days ever.

Genki

Wtf, the game just crashed during startup and I seemingly lost my save data. Dunno why that would happen in the first place, but why the hell haven't they implemented Steam Cloud -_-.

Had completed a bit over half of the trials when the patch hit but I can't remember which...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom