• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see them change either Balrog or Guile into a motion character. They already have a motion-based boxer with Dudley, and Guile has been the de facto charge character for ages with his overall playstyle also being suited for it. Urien will probably be changed instead, if I were to guess.

Yeah hope they dont change it, I like my charge characters haha. But it's more like the next dlc char we can expect won't be any of the charge characters. So you would think guile being the next on that picture isn't accurate.. if capcom thinks that way of course maybe they Dont care and release all the charge characters first I dunno.

vecchia-old-woman-shocked-shock-funny-gif.gif
💀

LakeEarth

did this guy just lag switch on me? lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-PDX84TjqM

Does look fishy.

Yesterday, I was having a good match against a Zangief, he was losing but his V-trigger was active. Then, a sudden lag spike hit at the exact moment that he uses v-trigger to suck me in into a tick-ultra... or maybe he comboed into ultra. I couldn't tell because so many frames were skipped. Either way, it was fishy as hell.

Clawww

The more plus it is, the more frames there are where you can move before they can.

The more negative, the more frames they have to move before you can.

The term "unsafe" is a little more complex than that. If something is -3, it is unsafe against a character with a 3 frame jab but safe against someone who doesn't. Then again, it can be safe regardless if the move "pushes" your opponent so far away that their 3-frame move can't reach (which is why people say things like "safe if spaced properly").

also important to keep in mind that any advantage is still advantage. a character might not have a 3-frame move with enough reach, but whatever you choose to do next is essentially 3 frames faster, which is still something worth taking advantage of if you can.

LakeEarth

also important to keep in mind that any advantage is still advantage. a character might not have a 3-frame move with enough reach, but whatever you choose to do next is essentially 3 frames faster, which is still something worth taking advantage of if you can.

Yes exactly. If you do a move that's +3 on block, if you follow it up with a normal with 5 frames of startup, it's essentially 2 frames now relative to your opponent.

Tirael

did this guy just lag switch on me? lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-PDX84TjqM

Wow, did you notice how the last little bit of his life stayed red after hitting him the last time? So weird.

Exactly. And by the same token, even if something is -2 and is technically "safe", that doesn't mean you can do whatever you want after it, because whatever you do next is essentially 2 frames slower.

joe2187

Banned
Oh shit the game just got real.

An Alex parried cammys super in one of my matches.

I was a bit mindfucked.

However I've been bating V reversals and just going right through them with grabs.

Not many players I've met used V reversals though. But when they start abusing em on me, when I rushdown I can go right through with the grab.

Whales

Banned
Wow, did you notice how the last little bit of his life stayed red after hitting him the last time? So weird.

Yep, honestly I have no clue what was that.

It's even funnier that this sudden lag appeared vs a birdie, who can pretty much abuse it from fullscreen... lol

Big Brett

Ugh I'm in such a rut right now. I just hover between bronze and super bronze and I don't know what character to main. Everything feels off.

I'm probably going to just go back to Ryu. It just feels so dirty for some reason lol.

LakeEarth

Wow, did you notice how the last little bit of his life stayed red after hitting him the last time? So weird..

Yeah, rollback can be a bitch. Last night I heard the game slightly start the noise it makes after a KO, but the KO never came.

Can't be worse than 3rd Strike's rollback. Sometimes you can see the KO flash on the screen and then the game goes PSYCH! and roll back. I once sent a volley of booms with Remy's super #1 which forced the guy to parry. The game went KO KO KO KO KO KO KO until he finally missed the last one.

Yeah, rollback can be a bitch. Last night I heard the game slightly start the noise it makes after a KO, but the KO never came.

Can't be worse than 3rd Strike's rollback. Sometimes you can see the KO flash on the screen and then the game goes PSYCH! and roll back. I once sent a volley of booms with Remy's super #1 which forced the guy to parry. The game went KO KO KO KO KO KO KO until he finally missed the last one.

lol, that's comedy.

I wonder if you could cancel a normal into his V-Trigger to parry when they V-Reversal you regularly hm

I'll have to try this when I get home.

I had matches in that game where I KO'd people 5+ times and the match just still kept going on. I've also lost a couple close matches because of that shit.

qcf x2

Is there a way to unlock the battle costumes yet? (North America)

Capcom has to figure out how to make microtransactions work in 2016. Until such time as they do, premium (zenny/paywall only) content will not be purchasable.

Edit: my personal tier list so far

S - Chun Li
A - Ryu, Necalli, Mika, Nash, Bison, Karin, Vega, Dhalsim, Ken
B - Cammy, Birdie, Laura, Zangief, Rashid
C - Fang

I am guessing that Alex will fall into the A tier but obviously way, way too soon (too soon for tiers at all, but it's all in fun).

Jeez, I just went back to karin for a bit of battle lounge, and I played like
g
utter trash. Too much vega has ruined my karin game D:

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

Yea on Fightcade the KO will stay on the screen, so you get to finish your match with a giant KO sign in the middle of it.

Gawke did you try to hack me :(

Gawke I trusted you cause you posted Zangief images :(

I can never love again :(
No :( I've been using the site the past few days and it's safe.

PLS REMOVE THE LINK FROM Q UOTES THO

there is nothing wrong with the site and if you navigate to it from google there are no phishing warnings - only happens when hotlinking threads + posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom