• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeteh

So I've beaten Normal Survival with 10 characters now. Alex, Zangief and Dhalsim I've gotten close with. Not sure how I'll get Bison or FANG done.

I know some people know it but if there are some that don't here are some cheesy ways to beat Normal with various characters.

Ken/Ryu: mp Shoryuken
Cammy: mk Cannon Spike
Rashid: hk Eagle Spike
Vega: Izuna Drop or Flying Barcelona Attack (they can't really seem to react to it for the most part)

mbpm1

So I've beaten Normal Survival with 10 characters now. Alex, Zangief and Dhalsim I've gotten close with. Not sure how I'll get Bison or FANG done.

I know some people know it but if there are some that don't here are some cheesy ways to beat Normal with various characters.

Vega: Izuna Drop or Flying Barcelona Attack (they can't really seem to react to it for the most part)

CPU never reacted to my gief using ex running grab when i tried it on normal

I beat Karin Normal Survial using that QCB+MK move with the kick follow-up

I did Dhalsim using almost only standing heavy kick/punch from max range. They ussaly don't block and it has crazy range.

Xeteh

I beat Karin Normal Survial using that QCB+MK move with the kick follow-up

Yeah, I basically used j.hp, hp xx qcb+hk (or ex) throughout the entire thing. Tenko in to CA when I had a full meter.

I did Dhalsim using almost only standing heavy kick/punch from max range. They ussaly don't block and it has crazy range.

lol yeah, I got to 29 with him spamming s.mk but Necalli was having none of that.

Hex

Banned
You could always get something like a Hori Fighting Commander 4 and join us committed pad players!

wmHyG.gif

I love that as a Silver leaguer, if I play a Gold player and win one out of three matches I still actually gain LP overall.
It's kind of funny the other way around too. I can win a match, lose a match, and win the next and I still end up losing points.

It really shouldn't work like this. Extremely fucking stupid. You should only get points after the set is finished.

Mediking

Playstation sent me a email back regarding the latest update of SFV killing my Season Pass.....

Sony didn't really help... but I got a number to call...

Big Brett

Playstation sent me a email back regarding the latest update of SFV killing my Season Pass.....

Sony didn't really help... but I got a number to call...

Have you tried repurchasing it? Saw on reddit someone recommended going to the market to "repurchase." it should say you still have it and won't charge you.

Mediking

Have you tried repurchasing it? Saw on reddit someone recommended going to the market to "repurchase." it should say you still have it and won't charge you.

It doesn't change anything... but can you link the Reddit thing? SO I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WITH A SEASON PASS THAT DOWNLOADED THE RECENT UPDATE... AND THE UPDATE KILLED THE FACT THAT I HAVE A SEASON PASS????

In training mode, I wanted to have Ryu do a wake up shoryuken using the wake up option. But for some reason when I recorded it, he doesn't do it when he's knocked down. How come?

Mediking

Fighting against other Bronze players in Ranked is SOOO bittersweet. I feel like I'm fighting against other guys who are struggling like me and can't catch a break.

I have no remorse for a Bronze Ken player though. I'm sorry but literally every Ken player I've seen online... does the same stuff over and over to the point where I taunt them in matches now.

LegendX48

Fighting against other Bronze players in Ranked is SOOO bittersweet. I feel like I'm fighting against other guys who are struggling like me and can't catch a break.

I have no remorse for a Bronze Ken player though. I'm sorry but literally every Ken player I've seen online... does the same stuff over and over to the point where I taunt them in matches now.
I miss the days of fighting bad Ken's lol

Now all Ken players just curb stomp me with zero effort

Closer Two

A friend of mine logged into his Steam account on my PC to play some SFV and now all my survival times and trials completed are gone.

Still have my colors and money so not the end of the world but is there anyway to fix this?

In training mode, I wanted to have Ryu do a wake up shoryuken using the wake up option. But for some reason when I recorded it, he doesn't do it when he's knocked down. How come?

After you record the wake up action, you have to set the action to "on".

Also, make sure you're inputting the action as a reversal (use the slow down option to make it easier).

Zackat

I suck ass at Laura. I can't even win a Casual match, I am just so averse to being that rushdown oriented. Gonna keep plugging away though and maybe it will click at some point.

Mediking

Capcom: "Let's give Ken moves where he can easily push one person to a corner! Let's give him combos where he can easily dominate someone! This will end well!"

I guess that's way of Capcom saying sorry to Ken for messing up his face. Terrible face but incredibly over the top moves.

A reversal is doing the move the moment it's possible, so there aren't any frames in between your wakeup/blockstun and the move you are doing.

It will say so on screen if it was a reversal

Okay, thanks for the clarification.

kingofthedead45 said:
It'll say reversal on the screen. Same spot you see counter hit. Reversals are just moves done the frame after you come out of block stun.

Beaten LIke a wake up dp.

Thanks though.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Rage quitters are getting better. This one Psi-Vaporware managed to close the game while blocking. I was impressed haha.

KingBroly

Banned
And also full health supplies for 1 dollah/each for survival :D

What the multipliers in Survival should be (IMO) is they start at their lowest level, but the more you don't use one, the higher it goes until it reaches its' maximum. If you use one, that one resets, and so on.

qcf x2

Don't be an ass.

TFW you know they're gonna dash and throw, like right now ...but it doesn't matter, you still get grabbed anyway.

I suck ass at Laura. I can't even win a Casual match, I am just so averse to being that rushdown oriented. Gonna keep plugging away though and maybe it will click at some point.

You're not gonna win much with Laura without being aggressive. :-\ She's like Makoto in that sense. You gotta always be moving forward and pressing buttons, chasing the opponent like a wild animal.

Mediking

Don't be an ass.

Wait, what? Is taunting in a match bad...? I thought it was okay when you was losing to a really good person and a taunt = "lol. man, I suck".

I hafta admit... I did taunt against a Necalli after I finally got him stunned. I felt so happy because he was destroying me until I figured him out. Lol

Zackat

You're not gonna win much with Laura without being aggressive. :-\ She's like Makoto in that sense. You gotta always be moving forward and pressing buttons, chasing the opponent like a wild animal.

yeah I know. How you have to play her is by far the weakest part of my game so I figured I would learn the character that relies on it a lot. It's my first time trying to play a fighting game somewhat seriously, so just another hurdle.

Wait, what? Is taunting in a match bad...? I thought it was okay when you was losing to a really good person and a taunt = "lol. man, I suck".

I hafta admit... I did taunt against a Necalli after I finally got him stunned. I felt so happy because he was destroying me until I figured him out. Lol

Some people get real sore about taunting. I've been playing multiplayer games for so long they don't even phase me, but some people really don't like it. This topic has come up in these SFV threads a few times lol

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™

Taunting is fine. Some people have gentle feelings apparently.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I don't think its the taunting so much of the broad assumption that everyone that plays Ken online is garbage.
It's a fighting game, I think everyone who plays anyone is garbage. It's part of the competitive spirit, people need to stop being so overly sensitive about stuff like this.

joe2187

Banned
I don't think its the taunting so much of the broad assumption that everyone that plays Ken online is garbage.

But Ken is a horrible character. this is a proven fact.

he neglects his wife
He neglects his kid
He's a rich dude who runs around all over the world and beats up poor people in the street
His best friend doesnt even own any shoes and he's riding around in a sports car.
He has terrible hair.
He's basically donald trump.

Xeteh

It's a fighting game, I think everyone who plays anyone is garbage. It's part of the competitive spirit, people need to stop being so overly sensitive about stuff like this.

I'm confused how by disagreeing with an opinion it makes me "overly sensitive".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom