• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Sloth

Banned
Thanks for the feedback.

You should use more 3f traps and 4f traps like mp xx mp chop and convert on trades.
Man... it's never even occured me to try doing mp xx mp chop on block. Thanks for the advice! My offense is too simple. I'm not sure what the frame data on his normals and chops are yet, only that forward hp is plus on block (and something I definitely dont use enough) and that all his rushing elbows are negative. Just waiting for the srk wiki to put its Alex page up. I really need to start using knee drop more than relying on jab as an antiair too.

Mr. X

Man... it's never even occured me to try doing mp xx mp chop on block. Thanks for the advice! My offense is too simple. I'm not sure what the frame data on his normals and chops are yet, only that forward hp is plus on block (and something I definitely dont use enough) and that all his rushing elbows are negative. Just waiting for the srk wiki to put its Alex page up. I really need to start using knee drop more than relying on jab as an antiair too.
http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208801/alexs-frame-data#latest

Alex frame data

Trickster

It works, I gave up trying to do it the legit way for all the characters and alt get-ups I want. Capcom really fucked up by not making all colors on all alternate costumes unlock for a character when you beat the mode on the level.

Is there any risk that capcom would ban people for using this trainer?

The sticks that launched with 5 have the touchpad which, while unnecessary for SF5, is good to have for games like Blazblue and Guilty Gear which do use it. For getting a PS3 stick to work in SF5, you have to go to options and iirc it's in the "Other Settings" box

what does the touchpad do in those games?

jeemer

B-: Rashid

Ruh roh. I don't put too much stock into tier lists since I'm not a serious tourney player, but I wonder what others will have to say on this. Still enjoying playing him!

Had a pretty fun weekend, got some games in and finished up all the trials. Karin's #6 was fine once I understood what I needed to do! At one point I was one match away from getting Gold in ranked, but I dropped a little again. Sitting around 3750. After seeing it was 4000 I initially thought I had no chance. Now I'd love to get gold and then never play ranked again! I'm seeing lots of people in Casual who are ~4010 points and who obviously had the same idea!

Ruh roh. I don't put too much stock into tier lists since I'm not a serious tourney player, but I wonder what others will have to say on this. Still enjoying playing him!

Had a pretty fun weekend, got some games in and finished up all the trials. Karin's #6 was fine once I understood what I needed to do! At one point I was one match away from getting Gold in ranked, but I dropped a little again. Sitting around 3750. After seeing it was 4000 I initially thought I had no chance. Now I'd love to get gold and then never play ranked again! I'm seeing lots of people in Casual who are ~4010 points and who obviously had the same idea!

Same here with the 4000 limit. I got it on Friday but after a shitty weekend, I am back to ~3750.

With the horrible matchmaking, the fact that even battle lounges don't work a 100% of the time and the fact that Guile's not here yet, I really have no motivation to play this game at all right now.

Probably going to be playing Killer Instinct, at least until Guile shows up.

Slaythe

I played Guilty Gear Revelator through the early access pre order.

I'm pretty much done with SFV until/if they change things around.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Play through survival mode with the costume you want the colors for. Doesn't matter if you've already completed survival with another costume, you have to play through them again to get the costume colors.

Oh yes.

vecchia-old-woman-shocked-shock-funny-gif.gif

I agree with most of what is said on Rashid, but tier list in this game are near useless, like VF. Keep taking those Ws, baby.

Are you going back to Balrog once hes out?

Yeah, unless they change him to a non-charge character. Mainly hoping that he has good normals, dash punch and good anti-air.

I'm starting to hate Bison as I really don't like the walk speed. But he will be my alt. character in case Rog has some bad matchups.

Has it been confirmed that Guile is next? Would good to know so I am not getting my hopes up for Rog being next.

I thought it had been confirmed?

Mar - Alex
April - Guile
May - Balrog
June - Story Mode
July - Ibuki/Juri (can't remember which way round)
August - Juri/Ibuki
September - Urien

Or am I making this up?

TacosNSalsa

Mar - Alex
April - Guile
May - Balrog
June - Story Mode
August - Juri/Ibuki
September - Urien

Or am I making this up?

Its speculation based on the silhouettes of the dlc characters. They did release an official time line but with no names . Unless something changed its not offcial

vg260

I keep losing to Bison at fight 30 with Alex, it's getting sad now, lol..... :(

Stop torturing yourself. The mode sucks. Just pretend you only have three color options per character. Capcom has to fix it somehow.

Still can't believe they thought this was a suitable replacement for arcade mode and forced people to play it for simple color options. I really doubt survival is ever played that much in fighters unless you're somehow forced to for stuff. I hate jumping through ridiculous hoops to unlock trivial stuff, but this wouldn't have been nearly as bad if they just put the colors behind arcade mode of various difficulties. At least you'd have a reasonable chance via retries. Most people will never realistically have more than 3 colors to choose from like this. If their solution ends up being paying real money for them, I wouldn't fault anyone for getting so pissed off they quit the game. I like the game itself, but this nonsense is so stupid and irritates me so much, I have very little desire to play it right now.

Sorry if I'm a broken record on this. It's just such batshit crazy design, I can't get over it.

vg260

Mar - Alex
April - Guile
May - Balrog
June - Story Mode
August - Juri/Ibuki
September - Urien

Or am I making this up?

There has been no official confirmation of the order being locked in, just these two images, and both suggest slightly different orders. (Ibuki and Balrog flipped)
66b99050810b1088783fa9c63a39b20a.png

&
590e1e8d9d67837636874ee4fe89a080.jpg

(full size here)

Zerojul

Karin's trial #6 on the PS4 d-pad = FUCK YOU!!!!!! This one is gonna take me a while.
I think it legit took me 15-20 mins to get it and I was lucky. It's awful, but it's the hardest trial by a landslide so once you get it out of the way the rest is easy mode.

I think it legit took me 15-20 mins to get it and I was lucky. It's awful, but it's the hardest trial by a landslide so once you get it out of the way the rest is easy mode.

The last trails I did were Karin's an Gief's. I saved Gief specifically for when I was done with Karin as a reward because his were so easy.

vg260

I found Ryu's 10 to be a major pain, and Chun's 10 as well, but a little less.

For some reason the early Dhalsim one where you have to hit the jumping spear into standing light kick drove me crazy. Just finding the right distance and starting over each time was so annoying because of his slow jump. Not as hard, just irritating.

They'll still give a fair amount of players a hard time, but overall, they were much, much better than SF4's, which bordered on impossible for most players. Just the right number too if you don't get any fight money unless you clear them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom