• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbpm1

But Ken is a horrible character. this is a proven fact.

he neglects his wife
He neglects his kid
He's a rich dude who runs around all over the world and beats up poor people in the street
His best friend doesnt even own any shoes and he's riding around in a sports car.
He has terrible hair.
He's basically donald trump.

Make Ken's Face great again

he neglects his wife
He neglects his kid
He's a rich dude who runs around all over the world and beats up poor people in the street
His best friend doesnt even own any shoes and he's riding around in a sports car.
He has terrible hair.
He's rich, though, so Americans love him.

Edzi

Alex & Mika have built in taunts, no guilt! V-skilling with Alex when they're stunned is so dirty.

Heh, I do this to get his HP > HP FlashChop > Suplex combo and I'm always worried the other player doesn't know it's his V-Skill and just thinks I'm being a dick.

Ferrio

Banned
Heh, I do this to get his HP > HP FlashChop > Suplex combo and I'm always worried the other player doesn't know it's his V-Skill and just thinks I'm being a dick.

If I'm v-skilling they're getting the boot. None of this "lemme toss you outta the corner" move.

qcf x2

I'm confused how by disagreeing with an opinion it makes me "overly sensitive".

And such a response is exactly what you'd expect from crass behavior: I'm not gonna change, I'm gonna be a jerk if I want to, people need to toughen up.

Wait, what? Is taunting in a match bad...? I thought it was okay when you was losing to a really good person and a taunt = "lol. man, I suck".

I hafta admit... I did taunt against a Necalli after I finally got him stunned. I felt so happy because he was destroying me until I figured him out. Lol

YMMV, it's a dead horse by now. FTR I think if you're gonna taunt cuz it's your right as a digital badass, do it against a high level opponent. This game has so many issues, sales are crap and the player pool is small. Taunting people who are clearly beginners does nobody any good, except maybe it pets the digital ego of the taunter for like 3 seconds.

Anyway, off that subject.

yeah I know. How you have to play her is by far the weakest part of my game so I figured I would learn the character that relies on it a lot. It's my first time trying to play a fighting game somewhat seriously, so just another hurdle.

Have you tried Mika? She may be better for you because unlike w/ Laura you actually can successfully do stuff besides run forward, it's just that almost nobody does.

Edzi

If I'm v-skilling they're getting the boot. None of this "lemme toss you outta the corner" move.

Yeahh, I should probably start doing that too, but I'm still too stingy with my EX and end up saving it all for nothing when I should be spending it for damage. I also kinda like the way that suplex combo looks and stun is the only time I can reliably use it.

LakeEarth

Despite not having a crush counter, HP > HP flash chop > EX Suplex is his most damaging non vtrigger, non-super combo midscreen.

But his big boot crush > HK elbow > ex knee will corner carry, gives you few frame advantage after a dash, and get you half a bar of vmeter, so both have their advantages.

Mr. X

Ew do boot hk elbow lp chop or boot hk elbow crhp ex knee in corner

Suplex kills momentum

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
It's a fighting game, I think everyone who plays anyone is garbage. It's part of the competitive spirit, people need to stop being so overly sensitive about stuff like this.

w6yRN.gif

Hear that, GAF!? Even when you beat my ass something awful, you are still gutter trash. Always and forever.

Spman2099

Wait, what? Is taunting in a match bad...? I thought it was okay when you was losing to a really good person and a taunt = "lol. man, I suck".

I hafta admit... I did taunt against a Necalli after I finally got him stunned. I felt so happy because he was destroying me until I figured him out. Lol

Taunting is fine. However, it is dickish. It would be the equivalent of someone on the opposing team saying "nice shot" after you missed badly while playing a game of basketball.

Play how you want to play.

Duress

Any feel like they don't want to do the challenges? It seems like more effort than its worth. I could be using that time to improve my game

Xeteh

Any feel like they don't want to do the challenges? It seems like more effort than its worth. I could be using that time to improve my game

I enjoy them. I only have 3 left and I'm feeling kind of stuck but overall they've been fun (cept Karin's 6th, fuck that one).

FluxWaveZ

Me, I guess? It's not that I actively don't want to, it's that I'm entirely indifferent to them. I don't see why I would want to do them for characters I don't actually play, so I don't.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

he neglects his wife
He neglects his kid
He has terrible hair.

Ken is a generous philanthropist for the people.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth

I like them here in that they are all entirely doable, unlike, say, KoF 13 ones. That Karin one does have me stuck and also Chun's 10th. Those are the only ones I have left. One thing they do is hone my muscle memory and reaction time from sheer repetition. Plus, bragging rights against my friend who has way more of them left to do.

I main Mika....was at 1.7k LP by abusing a lot of charge st hk. I decided to up my game by working on my neutral game and stop abusing charge st hk. My LP dropped to below 1k, and I worked on the gaps in my game and finally went back up to 1.2k.

I still need to get used to the spacing of cr hp and utilize Nadeshiko more in my game.

Pachinko

Out of the blue just now I got a text from a friend who must have been bored, anyway he did some math on the earning of fight money for the average player out there -

"to unlock all costumes and colors available on the SFV store, you need 1,054,000 fight money , you gain 170,000 for story mode (10K per character) 8500 for clearing easy survival with everyone and 8500 for clearing ALL trials. That leaves you with 867,000 fight money left, if you tried to get that much just through ranked matches, I estimate you'd have to win every single match you play going 24 hours a day for 37 days straight"

Now I realize, he didn't factor in beating survival more than once or on a difficulty other than easy but man, seeing it put out there is pretty crazy. This doesn't count content that isn't currently available in the shop either - such as the remaining 5 DLC characters (which should give you another 50K story mode fight moneys + 5000 fight money clearing easy survival/trials once) but as far as I can tell, this is what the "average" player that picks this game up at a random time this year is in for.

Capcom is in desperate need of more things for people to do in game to earn fight money besides ranked matches.

VariantX

I like them here in that they are all entirely doable, unlike, say, KoF 13 ones. That Karin one does have me stuck and also Chun's 10th. Those are the only ones I have left. One thing they do is hone my muscle memory and reaction time from sheer repetition. Plus, bragging rights against my friend who has way more of them left to do.

I don't know whats worse for me in kof 13, my sloppy inputs after years of games with input leniency, or trying to memorize those long combos that go on forever. Meanwhile in SF5, I do everyones trials within 3 hours, 1 of those hours being karin's #6.

Now I realize, he didn't factor in beating survival more than once or on a difficulty other than easy but man, seeing it put out there is pretty crazy. This doesn't count content that isn't currently available in the shop either - such as the remaining 5 DLC characters (which should give you another 50K story mode fight moneys + 5000 fight money clearing easy survival/trials once) but as far as I can tell, this is what the "average" player that picks this game up at a random time this year is in for.

Capcom is in desperate need of more things for people to do in game to earn fight money besides ranked matches.

Hopefully when challenges are implemented, that should ease the grind

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/...iscovered-and-it-looks-there-are-nearly-7000/

Anyone want to get some games in? I can send inv or look it up.

Us west ultra silver Laura

Server host: killdatninja

Me, I guess? It's not that I actively don't want to, it's that I'm entirely indifferent to them. I don't see why I would want to do them for characters I don't actually play, so I don't.

Hey flux I sent an invite. I remember playing you and you beat my Laura hard. Leveled up since then (just a bit still in silver leagues). Wanted to see if things done stayed the same.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Out of the blue just now I got a text from a friend who must have been bored, anyway he did some math on the earning of fight money for the average player out there -

"to unlock all costumes and colors available on the SFV store, you need 1,054,000 fight money , you gain 170,000 for story mode (10K per character) 8500 for clearing easy survival with everyone and 8500 for clearing ALL trials. That leaves you with 867,000 fight money left, if you tried to get that much just through ranked matches, I estimate you'd have to win every single match you play going 24 hours a day for 37 days straight"

He needs to check his math, because those numbers aren't right and they don't factor in EXP either. The grind is still pretty real, though.

I'm sitting at over 500K right now. (I've basically done everything except Hard + Extreme Survival.) Haven't spent any yet. Honestly, if you have the willpower to ignore the cosmetic side of the shop, then it actually is pretty feasible to get all the characters for the time being.

Mr. X

They need to bump up the FM earned outside of the SP stuff. Those are one time things, most of your players will be in casual and ranked losing. Bump up character XP for loses and FM earned for winning somehow, either by the rank of the opponent you beat (rookie = 50, any Bronze = 100, any Silver = 200, etc.) so it incentivize getting in those ranks.

Also, colors being locked behind level and then needing to go use FM to unlock it bullshit.

FluxWaveZ

Hey flux I sent an invite. I remember playing you and you beat my Laura hard. Leveled up since then (just a bit still in silver leagues). Wanted to see if things done stayed the same.

Oh, sorry, I'm not playing right now and I won't be for a long while. I'll try to remember your request when I'm able to play again, though.

El Sloth

Banned
I can't get the training mode dummy to vreversal after successfully recording it in the guard actions thing. What am I doing wrong here?

Probably a silly question, but are you completely defenseless after an air-to-air against command grabs?
Just hold up. Or up-back.

Sixfortyfive

They need to bump up the FM earned outside of the SP stuff. Those are one time things, most of your players will be in casual and ranked losing. Bump up character XP for loses and FM earned for winning somehow, either by the rank of the opponent you beat (rookie = 50, any Bronze = 100, any Silver = 200, etc.) so it incentivize getting in those ranks.

Also, colors being locked behind level and then needing to go use FM to unlock it bullshit.

There's an incentive for fighting high-ranked opponents, as they give out more EXP.

Anyone wanna run some sets? CFN is Sneakers. Send me an invite or I'll invite you. Just quote me and put ur CFN.

Sent you one.

So many common sense decisions were just completely passed over in this game and I don't understand why. The amount of mental energy you've got to expend fighting a gold ranker compared to a rookie or bronze is just massive, but the game treats both the same. Ranked will eventually need to change LP so that it is character dependent as well so that we can start from scratch in ranked when we pick new characters. It's a lot more organic to work your way up through the different leagues with a new character than it is to train in battle lounges or casuals.

kobu

I really wish there was a way to only search for people close to, at or above your league. I just played 20 games against bronze players and got 1lp each for winning, Now I lose to a super silver player and I lose like 200lp.

DedValve

Banned
So uh, is it custom to be waiting 10+ minutes only to get a horrifying laggy experience? It wouldnt be hyperbole to say this is possibly the laggiest game ive had in a loooong time. Of course i base this off one match and ive been searching for a really long time now....

Coming from pokken or even killer instinct this is mind boggling. Also is the store not updated with anything? I thought it was open, was looking to buy hot ryu.

What are my best normals to tick with Laura in order to setup her special throw? Thanks.

S.lk and S.lp

After you establish the tick throw game start mixing in frame traps for the jumpers.

You could use C.lk as well but it's way easier to buffer standing up for me.

Sixfortyfive

God. I have such little idea on how to beat Mika corner pressure, 645. She's my Achilles heel

You don't. I know it's easier said than done, but don't spend any more time near the corner than you have to.

Anyway, here's a few points of interest:

Mika always loses her turn after her s.MP is blocked. It's -2 normally, and -5 in a target combo. At a bare minimum, you should always re-establish pressure after blocking it. You let me get away with it a lot.

I had a near 100% success rate with the body splash. Usually it's a bad idea to try to anti-air it unless you're using something invincible like an SRK, as it alters the speed at which she falls. You don't even have to anti-air it at all. It's very negative on block and should be a free punish for you.

I felt that you go to the sky a lot. I'm usually not that on-point with anti-airs but you were consistently jumping into the perfect anti-air throw trajectories, and also had a habit of trying to jump out of the corner. (If Mika has you cornered, but she's not in your face keeping up the pressure, she's looking for an anti-air opportunity.) I also don't think you set up enough throws; Necalli's frame trap game is scary, but you have to be willing to threaten with the throw often enough in order for the opponent to not just sit there and block. I know it sucks to whiff a command throw and eat a full damage punish, but you have to be able to be willing to "spend" some of your lifebar early on in a set to keep your opponent from getting a better read on you.

Mika's unblockable setups with Nadeshiko are pretty bullshit. This is often what I'm going to burn my V-Trigger on in a match, so here's the basic idea: Mika forces you to block a c.HP, then immediately VT cancels it, then goes for a command throw right as you get out of block stun. If you try to sit there and block Nadeshiko as she's falling on top of you (or if you try to V-Reversal out), you get scooped by the EX Typhoon for 220 damage. If you try to jump or backdash out of the way, the throw whiffs, but Nadeshiko tags you for 100 damage. Observant players will take the small damage from Nadeshiko instead of the big damage from the throw, but if I have a read on this, I can throw out a c.LK instead of a throw so that your legs get clipped and Nadeshiko pins you down for a full rope throw combo. (There are some specific considerations I go through to determine which option to use. If I have >50% HP left and have the life lead over you, I'll often just go for the guaranteed EX Typhoon / Nadeshiko damage to put me further in the lead, knowing that I'll have another opportunity for another V-Trigger later in the match, which has a good chance of killing you outright if I can keep whittling away your HP in the meantime. If I really need to make a comeback, I'll probably go for the c.LK into full combo for better damage, but at the risk of you blocking the c.LK. I only really have to change this thought process up if the opponent realizes what my "smart" options are and nullifies them. And even if I go for the "higher risk" full combo option and you block it... I still get free pressure.)

It's a pretty bad guessing game to be on the receiving end of, but you do have a character with an invincible reversal, so if you're playing a long set, use it at least once so that Mika knows that she has to respect the option. She can of course blow this up as well (just by sitting there doing nothing after the VT cancel and waiting for your uppercut to whiff so she gets a full punish), but just establishing that you're willing to use it means that she is at least forced to cycle through more options and might end up wasting her VT for nothing. You didn't use it once, so I always went on the offensive one way or the other.

Also is the store not updated with anything? I thought it was open, was looking to buy hot ryu.

The only costumes in the store right now are the story costumes that can be bought with fight money. Hot Ryu is a premium costume and will be available when the real money shop launches (whenever that is).

K.Sabot

Using new sfv.fightinggame.community aggregated data

in top 500 there are:
146 americans.
134 japanese
45 other - a lot of these are just lazy americans and taiwanese (fuck capcom for that btw)
32 brits
32 french
24 brazilians
12 canadians
8 koreans
8 swedes
7 australians
7 germans
6 mexicans
4 belgians
4 spaniards
4 netherlanders
4 irish
3 greece
2 fake north koreans
2 norwegians
2 argentinians
2 morrocans
2 albanians
2 russians
2 denmark
2 chinese
2 liberians (both fake)
2 israelies
1 polish
1 sri lanka
1 peruvian
1 thailand
1 slovakian
1 kuwait
1 italian
1 finnish
1 serbian
1 honduras
1 new zealander
1 turkey
1 slovakian
1 portugal
1 algerian
1 ivory coast
1 vietnamese
1 ecuadorian

So uh, is it custom to be waiting 10+ minutes only to get a horrifying laggy experience? It wouldnt be hyperbole to say this is possibly the laggiest game ive had in a loooong time. Of course i base this off one match and ive been searching for a really long time now....

Coming from pokken or even killer instinct this is mind boggling. Also is the store not updated with anything? I thought it was open, was looking to buy hot ryu.

Check out this post by haunts on port forwarding: -

http://www.capcom-unity.com/haunts/blog/2016/03/04/sfv-post-launch-status-update-vol-6

Make sure you have the ports open. I normally get matches in ~30 seconds.

Sixfortyfive

Using new sfv.fightinggame.community aggregated data

Character count:

62 Nash
53 M. Bison
42 Ryu
39 Chun-Li
33 Ken
33 Karin
31 Dhalsim
29 Cammy
28 Alex
27 R. Mika