• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
50/50 mixups that loop into each other and put you in the same situation every time sounds like a vortex to me.

I think that's pushing it, it's not like she gets to position herself into a safe jump or cross up. She puts herself at a big risk by standing in your face possibly eating huge damage from a wrong guess. But I'm no fan of her design either. It feels like her whole game is get in position to set up a guessing game and her V Trigger only further promotes that. It's frustrating to play against because she can continue putting you in these guessing game loops over and over.

Moaradin

If it was as flawless as you're saying, I wouldn't be scared of abusing it against Karins. Unfortunately, it isn't that good, and Karins I've been going against punish it consistently.

lol I'm not complaining about her dropkick. It's not the best way to get in against Karin at all

kobu

Mika is the character I lose to the most and I still don't think she's that crazy. I sure wish vega had an inv reversal that happened to miss opponents 5% of the time.

hitsugi

Rhubarb is a rage quitting Karin in silver. So you took a bad fucking L to someone a thousand LP below you. Calm yourself. He's lucky I'm too lazy to upload vids of this shit to capcom.

Just pisses me off because it was a big win after a 5 game slide. Shit like this makes me glad this game is bombing lol. I wish this on no man.

Nah, they'll get theirs. Capcom mentioned they do not need video proof anymore; they can detect abnormal drop rates vs. win percentages and will be wiping players' LP on a frequent basis.

Sheroking

I've been beat by the dropkick with just about every button. I've even tried to cr.HP it EARLY to get a crush counter but the window on that is tiny and not worth the risk. I mostly try to neutral jump it these days but even then it can hit me out of the air at times

I mean, Xevren is clearly right about the command dash being a WAY better punish, but look at how late you can stuff this?

giphy.gif

Your reactions are to blame for getting crushed, not the match-up.

Moaradin

I mean, Xevren is right about the command dash being a WAY better punish, but look at how late you can stuff this?

giphy.gif

Your reactions are to blame for getting crushed, not the match-up.

Charge HK looks like it's done way too close in that gif. Whenever I get hit by it, they are farther out and it's the tip that gets me.

Nah, they'll get theirs. Capcom mentioned they do not need video proof anymore; they can detect abnormal drop rates vs. win percentages and will be wiping players' LP on a frequent basis.
This game is so anti casual that it deserves to bomb imo but capcom put this on themselves. Not even referring to the RQ problem. This game seems built for the hardcore FGC and nobody else. Addition of trials won't do shit. Ah well.

mbpm1

I think that's pushing it, it's not like gets to position herself into a safe jump or cross up. She puts herself at a big risk by standing in your face possibly eating huge damage from a wrong guess. But I'm no fan of her design either. It feels like her whole game is get in position to set up a guessing game and her V Trigger only further promotes that. It's frustrating to play against because she can continue putting you in these guessing game loops over and over.

I think that's the game plan for a few characters in this game. Get fucked in neutral, get fucked jumping in, eventually push character to the corner, activate mixup mode.

Sheroking

Charge HK looks like it's done way too close in that gif. Whenever I get hit by it, they are farther out and it's the tip that gets me.

The first one is literally one step from max range.

It's not really relevant anyway, since there's a better way to deal with it, but it's not that good.

Xevren

On the subject of anti airing with Karin if you have godlike execution you can use JF tenko's as an option since they're upper body invuln. But you better be on point. I'm in the process of getting used to it and it's great when I don't fuck it up. Got tired of my other options trading with Necalli's all day ><

finally had some uk dude join my lobby with a good connection and actually stay for about 10 matches. and he didn't suck, that was nice. gg.

matchmaking seems to be better in off-peak times. it seems like every player gets distributed to me. i should do this more often.

watched some top rank replays to relax. man the top ranks are relentless. this top 3 guy was doing well, new matches got updated every few mins. then i went afk to take a shit. when i came back he was down to 40. not sure if i could deal with that constant pressure.

qcf x2

tfw you lose to the same dude 4x in a day and he's Bison. Edit: now 5. I've received Bison training and tips and it's not happening. Can't punish anything he does unless they do something no Bison above bronze would even consider. I need to watch other ppl handle this dude.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Ugh, I can't buy a win today. I must have just lost 6 straight, and at least half of those I should have won :(

tfw you lose to the same dude 4x in a day and he's Bison. Edit: now 5. I've received Bison training and tips and it's not happening. Can't punish anything he does unless they do something no Bison above bronze would even consider. I need to watch other ppl handle this dude.

Man, same. A friend of mine is a real good Bison and I get tons of fight time against him. Doesn't seem to help at all.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I lost 2 fights where the opponent literally had no health left and it was the final round :(

edit: finally won a match!

Alucrid

Banned
Not how I did it: my compelling match against the robot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vRc98cH5Vc

Capcom, please.

You're whining about Karin's reversal when Mika barely even has one (well, technically, she has none). Mika neutral jumping won't bypass Karin's like Rashid is doing in that .gif. And what if they block it? Maybe you would guess that they would block it and escape through other means, like literally anyone else does against any character?

mikas v skill has founds its calling

im at 1500 and just got matched with soeone 3500

there is no mathematical way that there is no one around me looking for a match. refuse to believe it capcom.

qcf x2

Man, same. A friend of mine is a real good Bison and I get tons of fight time against him. Doesn't seem to help at all.

You're using Mika, right? Most of my matchup experience is with Ryu and Cammy, both of whom you would think would be well equipped to handle a character who doesn't have any solid way of getting out of pressure besides V-reversal. But while Ryu fares a tiny bit better, they just block all day against my Cammy, or better yet counter with some slightly superior normals. And of course one MP means I'm losing 1/3 of my health :-\

ElFly

3500LP people need their wins too

be grateful you got matched at all

I've gotten two matches in the last 20 minutes and they were lagfests

Femto.

I faced the same guy 3 times in a row with no other players in between and beat him by a lot all three times. I almost wanted to send him an apology :/

legit felt bad.

im at 1500 and just got matched with soeone 3500

there is no mathematical way that there is no one around me looking for a match. refuse to believe it capcom.

Game: "You have a 3 game win streak? I think you need a challenge, fight someone with more than double the amount of LP than you have!"

Hyun Sai

Just realized I never played against any Gaffers.

Created a lobby, password : 5555
ID : Hyunsai

Character : Vega (beginner).

US East coast would be preferable.

FluxWaveZ

Game: "You have a 3 game win streak? I think you need a challenge, fight someone with more than double the amount of LP than you have!"

I feel like this happens in reverse sometimes. "You lost once? Well, prove you're deserving of your rank by going against a Bronze opponent." I guess it kinda makes sense, in a weird way.

You're using Mika, right? Most of my matchup experience is with Ryu and Cammy, both of whom you would think would be well equipped to handle a character who doesn't have any solid way of getting out of pressure besides V-reversal. But while Ryu fares a tiny bit better, they just block all day against my Cammy, or better yet counter with some slightly superior normals. And of course one MP means I'm losing 1/3 of my health :-\

Yeah, Mika on this side. That cr.MP of Bison's knocks me out of everything and god forbid I try to back away. Goddamn headstomp cross-up nonsense.

If you feel like having some matches, let me know! Seems we're stuck at the same sort of problems, maybe we could hammer them out.

IF I get matched with someone over 3K again tonight I'm quitting this game four a couple months. Not even bluffing. It's happened 3 times in the last 30 mins. The LP distro for wins losses is utterly fucked as well. Me at 1500 beating someone at 500 is way more than equivalent to me at 1500 losing to someone at 2500-3500 yet why am I losing more points?! not sure I get this. #capcom

ohkay

So what's the best way to work on my blocking and patience? I think my biggest flaw is I always want to hit something, thinking it'll beat whatever the other person is throwing out, but it's clearly not entirely working for me.

qcf x2

IF I get matched with someone over 3K again tonight I'm quitting this game four a couple months. Not even bluffing. It's happened 3 times in the last 30 mins. The LP distro for wins losses is utterly fucked as well. Me at 1500 beating someone at 500 is way more than equivalent to me at 1500 losing to someone at 2500-3500 yet why am I losing more points?! not sure I get this. #capcom

Considering I just played the same dude for the SIXTH time tonight in casual, I'm inclined to think there might not be that many people playing at the moment (meaning today).
Yeah, Mika on this side. That cr.MP of Bison's knocks me out of everything and god forbid I try to back away. Goddamn headstomp cross-up nonsense.

If you feel like having some matches, let me know! Seems we're stuck at the same sort of problems, maybe we could hammer them out.

Yeah, I dabble with most characters but I'm not going to touch Bison, lol. So we would have to level up w/o Bison being part of our matches. Are you east coast?

Ferrio

Banned
So what's the best way to work on my blocking and patience? I think my biggest flaw is I always want to hit something, thinking it'll beat whatever the other person is throwing out, but it's clearly not entirely working for me.

If I'm in a match and I notice I'm losing to certain strings, I'll either go into training afterwards and have the dummy setup to use those and/or look at frame data and see where you can and cannot punish.

Why would someone RQ when they are only at 600LP. I don't get it.

just play training and put it at cpu 5 and just practice blocking without ever attacking.

KingBroly

Banned
6/16 done for Hard Survival now. The last 10...not looking forward to it.

At least Ryu and Ken were a lot fucking easier than the other 4 I completed with. Especially Ryu. AI can't handle a Fireball to the face.

Edgeward

Fight people with aggressive playstyles, that part just comes with experience. And you need to make it a point not to hit buttons first over winning.

Any moves you are not sure you can punish you need to hit training mode and use the record function. First see if you can hit it with jab, then strong, etc. And use the frame data as well.

SephLuis

I feel like this happens in reverse sometimes. "You lost once? Well, prove you're deserving of your rank by going against a Bronze opponent." I guess it kinda makes sense, in a weird way.

Flux, mind going a few matches someday ? I want to check out your Mika to see if I can improve mine.

Though, I live in Brazil so our connection might be bad.

oh fuck, my power just flickered and my ps4 reset and it was literally almost a perfect rage quit time

it was only a casual match against some random karin but still, the guy def thinks i rage quit

I have less LP than you and have beaten players with double what you're facing.

Ultimately I wouldn't worry about LP too much. In fact, the fact that you get a lot of high LP opponents is good because you'll learn more by playing people who make fewer mistakes and punish yours more often.

That said, I haven't touched ranked the last couple weeks because there's so many rage quits. I stick to casual and lobbies.

FluxWaveZ

Flux, mind going a few matches someday ? I want to check out your Mika to see if I can improve mine.

Though, I live in Brazil so our connection might be bad.

CFN ID is FluxWaveZ, so invite me when you want. Dunno if I'm gonna be playing for much longer, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom