• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrongway

For my fellow newbies, what's your queue experience like these days? I'm just trying to play some casuals at Bronze level, and I'm frequently waiting 2-5 minutes for a game during US primetime. Sometimes it's like 30 seconds, but sometimes it's way long. Like I just waited 10 minutes for a decent game and turned down two 1-bar games and a 2-bar before I just quit.

I didn't really get play time for a couple weeks, but it's worse now than it was before that, and worse than it was for that last beta. Did the patch screw something up, or is there just nobody in casual queue at my rank?

SmokeMaxX

Any of you all ever play Derrick Legend in SF4? Dude was the top ranked Juri on XBL for a long time. I regularly got beaten destroyed by him.

I think I just played him in SF5. His Necalli is... um... interesting.

I played him in SFIV. He was good although I already had a taste of the Neo Juri so I knew what I was in for lol. In SFV I think he just plays everyone. I've played against like 6-7 of his characters in ranked in the past week or so lol.

Sheroking

A few garbage gold-ranked Ryu rage-quitters in a row now. I can't even be arsed to upload them to YouTube anymore.

EDIT: Now an Ultra Silver Alex! 4 of 5 matches are rage-quits! What a fun game, Capcom.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Figured it was time I got off my ass and started putting in actual lab work.

I'm going to see how many different Nadeshiko set-ups, unblockables, etc. that I can compile and what, if any, escape options different characters have for some of the nastier ones.

This is going to take an eternity, but the more I play this character the more I realize how important it is to maximize V-Trigger usage.

nadeshikochart.png

EDIT: lmao, Dhalsim is straight fucked against this first setup. If he uses super, it at least trades in his favor, but literally everything else he does gets stuffed for 100 to 220 damage.

mbpm1

A crush counter st. rh with Vega when you have meter stocked can get so painful :O

st. rh > ex barcelona > ex aeolus edge HURTS

I might actually be able to discourage people from jumping if I can do this semi-regularly.

Or at least make them jump in different spots

I'm going to see how many different Nadeshiko set-ups, unblockables, etc. that I can compile and what, if any, escape options different characters have for some of the nastier ones.

This is going to take an eternity, but the more I play this character the more I realize how important it is to maximize V-Trigger usage.

nadeshikochart.png
Thought Vega's V-reversal was full inv? He still gets thrown? Hit by something?

FluxWaveZ

nadeshikochart.png

Nice, I'm planning on doing the same once I have the time to. I've heard a bunch about these unblockable set-ups, but I don't know any at all. And I only just learned about the corner cross-up after Lady Mika > cr.MP if you walk forward enough. There's a bunch of tech I don't know about, because I've just been playing matches and not spending any time in Training mode.

Sixfortyfive

Thought Vega's V-reversal was full inv? He still gets thrown? Hit by something?

This chart is from Mika's perspective. So far Cammy and Vega's V-Reversals are the ones I've tested that actually escape this particular setup.

Nice, I'm planning on doing the same once I have the time to. I've heard a bunch about these unblockable set-ups, but I don't know any at all. And I only just learned about the corner cross-up after Lady Mika > cr.MP if you walk forward enough. There's a bunch of tech I don't know about, because I've just been playing matches and not spending any time in Training mode.

Have some videos in the meantime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTgFUDqOhkk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssEMIjXY5yk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3QHB0qb1sM (now works on every character due to extra jump frames; backdash is only reliable meterless "escape," still has to take VT hit)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvXpUJu6CPU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9k-7cRLGOI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S416SLa76aI

Renekton

I helped uprank the same Bronze Chun to Ultra Bronze with some help from rematch.

I hope that matchup knowledge gained is worth the 500+lp loss, someday...

nadeshikochart.png

EDIT: lmao, Dhalsim is straight fucked against this first setup. If he uses super, it at least trades in his favor, but literally everything else he does gets stuffed for 100 to 220 damage.

Wow. This is really good info. Hope you'll share it with us when you're done.

Edzi

Anyone wanna do some casual matches with my shitty Alex? Still getting the hang of him, so I'm pretty terrible. CFN EdziPS, west coast.

Edgeward

I finding more and more than that uses for claw are getting less effective the more I play. It's very situation and match-up based. Finding more consistent success with non-claw.

And seriously, not enough Laura hate. The fireball/command throw mixup makes me angry.

2-1 in sets tonight, not bad. Beat a mirror Karin (which always feels good), beat a swag Bison, and lost to Ryu.

Ryu really seems to be my kryptonite. I can't turtle him and he can survive my rushdowns, I need to figure out how to best him. XD

mbpm1

I finding more and more than that uses for claw are getting less effective the more I play. It's very situation and match-up based. Finding more consistent success with non-claw.

I'm feeling this as well. I took a look at the hitboxes in clawless vs claw and found what I was starting to suspect: In Hand mode his normals are a bit beefier. The hurtboxes are more often behind the hitbox in clawless mode, whereas in claw mode it definitely feels easier to stuff his normals. Which kinda feels backwards

That plus st. mp in Hand mode and command grab mean that claw is starting to be there more for when I really want range for something, or when I really want Aeolus Edge or fwd HP

Sixfortyfive

Is Nash's V-Trigger completely throw invincible on start-up? I know it's not strike invincible until frame 2 but I'm having a hard time trying to scoop him.

Renekton

And seriously, not enough Laura hate. The fireball/command throw mixup makes me angry.
http://oddshot.tv/shot/vryu123-20160405232140328

BTW it's not Sim fireball or Rashid VT, hit her and the projectile disappears. Uncharged hit-stun is low so it's not too risky to fish with a button.

Edzi

I seriously need to learn what's safe and what isn't with Vega. I feel like you're getting away with mashing a lot of normals since I don't know what button punishes them. My neutral game with Alex needs work too, since you clearly outranged me and I had no idea how to close the gap without taking damage. Plus, I'm too used to playing a character with a 3 frame jab so I instinctively go for the jab during some block strings, only to get stuffed.

EDIT: Only one set? Anyone else wanna play?

Edgeward

I seriously need to learn what's safe and what isn't with Vega. I feel like you're getting away with mashing a lot of normals since I don't know what button punishes them. I'm too used to playing a character with a 3 frame jab so I instinctively go for the jab during some block strings, only to get stuffed.

EDIT: Only one set?

Sorry, I had been playing most of the night and was done playing and only hopped on for a set.

Yeah, I figured you wanted to abuse a normal for a get off me midway so I switched it up and stopped going for throws.

Umm, I mean you punished all the crimson terrors pretty well. The only thing I was able to use was cr mp which is 5 frames in non claw but 6 in claw. But that's more because of I knew you were mashing cr jab/mp(?)

And once I saw through the bullshit of fullscreen elbow. That limited a lot of your approaches. And also the lack of anti airs was pretty big in allowing the pressure to continue.

I'm feeling this as well. I took a look at the hitboxes in clawless vs claw and found what I was starting to suspect: In Hand mode his normals are a bit beefier. The hurtboxes are more often behind the hitbox in clawless mode, whereas in claw mode it definitely feels easier to stuff his normals. Which kinda feels backwards

This is so evident on f+hp. They might as well just teleport you to right in their face waiting to get hit with how long your hurtbox lingers after the attack.

Edzi

Sorry, I had been playing most of the night and was done playing and only hopped on for a set.

Yeah, I figured you wanted to abuse a normal for a get off me midway so I switched it up and stopped going for throws.

Umm, I mean you punished all the crimson terrors pretty well. The only thing I was able to use was cr mp which is 4 frames in non claw but 5 in claw. But that's more because of I knew you were mashing cr jab/mp(?)

And once I saw through the bullshit of fullscreen elbow. That limited a lot of your approaches. And also the lack of anti airs was pretty big in allowing the pressure to continue.

This is so evident on f+hp. They might as well just teleport you to right in their face waiting to get hit with how long your hurtbox lingers after the attack.

Yeah, he's actually got a pretty decent anti air with st. jab, but I'm not used to using it yet. Feels so unnatural to use a jab as an anti air.

LegendX48

Ranked so laggy. Ryu's everywhere. Lost a match when one decided to completely change their plan to dashing grabs, and then spamming grabs with nothing in between...

I hate grabby Ryu's so much @_@

KingBroly

Banned
SF5 is a pretty jab-heavy game, IMO. I think Japanese players are of the opinion that if you don't have a 3-frame jab, you're a crap character. Jabs seem to counter so much stuff in this game.

Yeah, he's actually got a pretty decent anti air with st. jab, but I'm not used to using it yet. Feels so unnatural to use a jab as an anti air.

Thats all I do with necalli.
You still play him? I'd like to re familiarize myself with a good one, if you want to play.
Edit: I do accept no as an answer.

wrongway

Man, when this game is bad, it's the worst. SFV is unique in its ability to leave me salty after winning. But when it's good, it's so good. Kinda getting back into things and did some ranked games for the first time in a while tonight. The matchmaker actually blessed me with a number of smooth, exciting games, and I made it to Super Bronze. It's nice to feel like I'm actually learning. :D

Edzi

Thats all I do with necalli.
You still play him? I'd like to re familiarize myself with a good one, if you want to play.
Edit: I do accept no as an answer.

I still consider him my main, but I've been playing with Alex exclusively since he came out. I'm pretty garbage now. lol

hwateber

Goddamn Birdie's wake up animation is retarded. Throws me off all the time and I end up screwing up my meaties. His cross up animation is dumb too

I still consider him my main, but I've been playing with Alex exclusively since he came out. I'm pretty garbage now. lol

Huh, so I ended up sticking on the Necalli train and yo uended up jumping ship to Alex instead. Kinda ironic lol.
Edit: Oh shit you said you still main him, I read that wrong sorry. Oh well, let me know if you want to play some rounds, be on for another hour or so. Also, I'm silver, so your garbage Necalli will probably still give me trouble .

KingBroly

Banned
Man, even playing through Hard Survival with Dhalsim and Cheats (PC) is tedious. Makes you realize just how un-fun and un-inspired the mode is. I don't understand why they didn't put Alex into the rotation, but I guess that'd require extra work on Capcom's part.

Sheroking

The fact that some people think playing Mika is easy and she's OP is why I hope capcom doesn't listen to fans

"Some people" being a vocal portion of top players?

She is easy. Her corner game is a little OD. Whether or not that will merit nerfs is something we shouldn't think about for a while.

KingBroly

Banned
Cammy can go into an EX Hooligan 1-frame into a fireball block. If there's a block animation you did it too late. That's...gonna be one of those things I feel like Capcom gets rid of.

Trickster

"Some people" being a vocal portion of top players?

She is easy. Her corner game is a little OD. Whether or not that will merit nerfs is something we shouldn't think about for a while.

Mika is easy if her opponent don't know how to play against Mika.

If her opponent knows how to play against her, she is not easy to play at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom