• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
The inexperience in how a console game development project runs and proceeds also led to more work later on.

You think they still working to improve the connection to the server? or we fucked for another 7-8 years..

tariniel

I'm in California and I can't play my friend in New York without massive lag. The battle lounge will tell us our connection is either 4 or 5 bars, but it plays as if it's 2 or 3 at best.

But when I play ranked/casual, I queue into Canadian players and have no issue? What in the hell is this game's netcode?

I'm on a wired connection and almost never have lag issues, except playing my one friend in NY.

I'm in California and I can't play my friend in New York without massive lag. The battle lounge will tell us our connection is either 4 or 5 bars, but it plays as if it's 2 or 3 at best.

But when I play ranked/casual, I queue into Canadian players and have no issue? What in the hell is this game's netcode?

I'm on a wired connection and almost never have lag issues, except playing my one friend in NY.

This game generally doesn't lag for me unless the other person is on wifi; even on 2 bar connections or 6000km between us.

My only netcode issues when both people have a good connection is when I go out of country and even then it's not too bad. Played someone from sweden and there was a bit of rollback, but nothing unplayable.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

Oh wow that Dhalsim V-Skill would be hilarious. "Stop hitting yourself!"

EDIT: Guiles was a way to instantly cancel any move into a crouch position. Apparently it was cut because they came up with something stronger.

EDIT 2: Not sure I'm understanding Zangiefs, but I think it was a mode that allowed you to combo into SPD off of anything while active.

ElFly

My only netcode issues when both people have a good connection is when I go out of country and even then it's not too bad. Played someone from sweden and there was a bit of rollback, but nothing unplayable.

I have more trouble connecting with certain people from my own country than the countries that surround us.

It is ridiculous. I assume the local internet companies don't really connect to each other and our button presses are traveling all the way to the USA and back.

BadWolf

I usually play without using any restrictions on the connection and just fighting any casual match that comes up.

Zero issues with the netcode over 95% of the time.

Huh?

The only thing Karin players might do that's unsafe on a regular basis is sweep. Every button she has and would use on block is either -2 or cancels into Orochi, which is -2. The only exception to that is st.HK, which is -4, but from max range, is nearly impossible to punish from the ranges a Karin player would use it as a poke.

Karin might be the "safest" character in the game.

Late response, I should have clarified better, by this I meant her specials. Those are almost all unsafe, and I see a lot of people not punishing her kicks(quarter circle back+lk) especially despite being -5 on block, if you don't punish, what reason do they have to stop? Basically what I was getting at was don't let her get in and bully you uncontested.

Also why does almost every gold rank player rage quit when they lose? 4 in row so far

just met someone who was definitely smurfing, lol

rank 225k+ but with 15 wins and they were doing a ton of rapid cancel combos.

Maybe they're a local meetup / tourney only player who finally got the game for themselves. I'm sure top players had long winstreaks when they first got the game too because everyone starts out in Rookie

ElFly

Oh wow that Dhalsim V-Skill would be hilarious. "Stop hitting yourself!"

EDIT: Guiles was a way to instantly cancel any move into a crouch position. Apparently it was cut because they came up with something stronger.

EDIT 2: Not sure I'm understanding Zangiefs, but I think it was a mode that allowed you to combo into SPD off of anything while active.

I need me that Zangief V-skill back!

Masaki_

I just had the weidest fucking bug in the game yet.

For absolutely no apparent reason whatsoever, in my last ranked match the game decided I should play as Ken and not Mika, the character set as favourite character ( even doublechecked after the match ).

Is this something anyone else have experienced or heard to happen?

That's happened to me before. Also Ken.

Femto.

Apparently all the colors for all costumes have been found

Eventhubs

Can't freaking wait to get the Mika premium costume, that shit is glorious
I just want to buy the colors, or unlock them via playing online. Not just colors 11-15. Premium costumes should at least come with Unlocked colors since you pay for them. Ugh

Fuck survival :(

El Sloth

Banned
Infiltration was on a stream a while ago talking about his thoughts on FR and NCR and some other things for anyone interested: https://youtu.be/HVUTiy57VVc

You could just happen to be getting matched up with Canadians on the West Coast and the like that are closer to you geographically, ya know. You might even get a better connection with some Mexican players than your friend in NY.

Apparently all the colors for all costumes have been found

Eventhubs

Can't freaking wait to get the Mika premium costume, that shit is glorious
She looks like a legit villain in that color 10 for her premium costume.

God damn, practically everyone's color #15 looks amazing. Damn it Capcom, why'd you have to lock it behind that ludicrous level requirement :(

Femto.

God damn, practically everyone's color #15 looks amazing. Damn it Capcom, why'd you have to lock it behind that ludicrous level requirement :(
Still more bearable than survival grind.

Femto.

What is the level requirement needed to unlock colour 15 in the shop?

Character level 50:

Color 11 (10,000 FM) - Always available in shop
Color 12 (2,000 FM) - unlocked in the shop at character LV. 5
Color 13 (5,000 FM) - unlocked in the shop at character LV. 10
Color 14 (10,000 FM) - unlocked in the shop at character LV. 25
Color 15 (20,000 FM) - unlocked in the shop at character LV. 50

Alucrid

Banned

reminds me of doronjo

Yatterman_dvd.jpg

Character level 50:

Jesus. I just hit LV 27 with Karin, bit of a wait then.

mattp

Character level 50:

i dont know why they didnt just tie all the colors to character level
makes so much more sense to me
survival could still be worth a ton of exp to incentivize you to play it

Xeteh

i dont know why they didnt just tie all the colors to character level
makes so much more sense to me
survival could still be worth a ton of exp to incentivize you to play it

Because that would be a better idea and those aren't allowed.

5 bar match, opponent has micro lag. can't anti air his shit. next 5 bar joins and ports back and forth. good shit, i'm a happy customer.

finally a birdie shows up with a good connection. i could finally play the game.

El Sloth

Banned
"Ken players are handsome." "Handsome?" Chris T and Brent in this case, they are... handsome." "Body is tight." "Julio too, if you look at him... is cute looking."

Rejoice, Ken mains, in your tight bodies and good looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom