• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering I just played the same dude for the SIXTH time tonight in casual, I'm inclined to think there might not be that many people playing at the moment (meaning today).

Yeah, I dabble with most characters but I'm not going to touch Bison, lol. So we would have to level up w/o Bison being part of our matches. Are you east coast?

Oh yeah, my Bison is laughable. At the very least, blow off some steam from chain losses in ranked.

Yep, East Coast!

Momentary

Banned
oh fuck, my power just flickered and my ps4 reset and it was literally almost a perfect rage quit time

it was only a casual match against some random karin but still, the guy def thinks i rage quit

I had that happen last weekend at a friend's who had Cox cable. The internet reset every 55 minutes because of issues on their end and it happened during a match. Once near the end where I was losing a casual and once near the end when I was winning a Rank match.

God's Beard!";198238960]I have less LP than you and have beaten [url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtUcodO5UqI said:
players with double what you're facing. [/url]

Ultimately I wouldn't worry about LP too much. In fact, the fact that you get a lot of high LP opponents is good because you'll learn more by playing people who make fewer mistakes and punish yours more often.

That said, I haven't touched ranked the last couple weeks because there's so many rage quits. I stick to casual and lobbies.
I've said this before but I don't agree with this philosophy. You learn a lot less getting rofflestomped as you do playing someone in your rank that is just better than you. I've lost to people I could have beat and learned quite a bit. And I've beaten top players before but it's a rarity. usually it's a stomping where I learned absolutely nothing.

Hex

Banned
I've said this before but I don't agree with this philosophy. You learn a lot less getting rofflestomped as you do playing someone in your rank that is just better than you. I've lost to people I could have beat and learned quite a bit. And I've beaten top players before but it's a rarity. usually it's a stomping where I learned absolutely nothing.

I don't mind higher than me. It is the ones lower than me that catch me with a Happy Birthday and I lose an ass-ton of points.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I just tried playing against a friend online for the first time. Is the the to do it REALLY as follows: battle lounge > create lounge > private slot > invite > TYPE OUT THE FIGHTER ID?

No way to search friends playing SFV? What happens when bigger lobbies are available and I want to invite my friends... Type out 7 ID's?

Please tell me I'm missing something.

I just tried playing against a friend online for the first time. Is the the to do it REALLY as follows: battle lounge > create lounge > private slot > invite > TYPE OUT THE FIGHTER ID?

No way to search friends playing SFV? What happens when bigger lobbies are available and I want to invite my friends... Type out 7 ID's?

You can search for people in the CFN menu and add their profiles as Favorites. Then it's selecting from a list.

But yeah, initially, gotta search for em.

FluxWaveZ

You should be able to add a friend without typing out their ID each time if you add them to your favorite player/rivals CFN list. But yes, it's convoluted; perhaps a thing they will fix once the Battle Lounge expands.

Actually playing against people who are relatively as bad as you reinforces your poor habits. It's frustrating playing against the strongest opponents, but you only gain nothing if you decide not to pay attention.

When I play against DBJoseph I feel bad to the point of embarrassment, but every time I do something that makes me feel stupid it's because I made a bad choice and I can learn from it. The key is to go back and watch your matches where you lost the hardest and figure out why.

I'm sorry, but if you learned nothing getting stomped then you really aren't paying attention because you're so frustrated or confused. It's not something that sounds nice to hear, but it's the truth.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Finally made it to 450k fight money.
Despite all those matches I lost, I never lost a mirror match lol. Got a perfect KO on one ken.

Celcius

°Temp. member
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";198239694]geez, I only have 250k and I beat story and survival(on easy :p) with the whole cast. You get all that from online matches?[/QUOTE]

Story clear with all characters
Survival Easy clear with all characters
Survival Normal clear with all characters
Survival Hard clear with Ryu & Ken
Some ranked matches

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
You can search for people in the CFN menu and add their profiles as Favorites. Then it's selecting from a list.

But yeah, initially, gotta search for em.

You should be able to add a friend without typing out their ID each time if you add them to your favorite player/rivals CFN list. But yes, it's convoluted; perhaps a thing they will fix once the Battle Lounge expands.
Okay, this work around is at least slightly less idiotic than what I initially expected. It still should more streamlined.

Screw every Mika except for Flux -_-

I swear they are dice rollers! Dice Rollers I say!

lol...I’m really just not a fan of her V-trigger. Someone said you gotta look at Mika to see if her hands go immediately down or stay up, then you can read the timing.

But I’m like “ok, while I’m waiting to see where her partner is coming from Mika is coming towards me about to grab my f’n ankles!!!!”

-_-

Story clear with all characters
Survival Easy clear with all characters
Survival Normal clear with all characters
Survival Hard clear with Ryu & Ken
Some ranked matches
yeah, that’s what I did as well except I did Hell with Ken, about 500K now. Think I might try hard with Laura and Nash and call it quits. Can’t fathom anyone besides them. Nash at least has a fireball, I imagine Laura gets tough to win with.

Trickster

Screw every Mika except for Flux -_-

I swear they are dice rollers! Dice Rollers I say!

lol...I’m really just not a fan of her V-trigger. Someone said you gotta look at Mika to see if her hands go immediately down or stay up, then you can read the timing.

But I’m like “ok, while I’m waiting to see where her partner is coming from Mika is coming towards me about to grab my f’n ankles!!!!”

-_-

Except Mika can't move until she's done telegraphing when Nadeshiko will show up.

But Mika is essentially dice roll the chacter

Celcius

°Temp. member
yeah, that’s what I did as well except I did Hell with Ken, about 500K now. Think I might try hard with Laura and Nash and call it quits. Can’t fathom anyone besides them. Nash at least has a fireball, I imagine Laura gets tough to win with.

I need to get around to trying hell again with ken, I lost on round 53 last time. It's just so demoralizing to spend 30 minutes, fail, and then get nothing lol.

im at 1500 and just got matched with soeone 3500

there is no mathematical way that there is no one around me looking for a match. refuse to believe it capcom.

I honestly think everyone is playing the Division or some other "popular" shooter. I was looking for online matches and not only was the wait excruciatingly long most of the times with fight request on, but I think I fought the same 3 people over and over again in Ranked matches and maybe 4 people in Casual matches on a Friday night. Maybe it was just a slow night.

ElFly

Matchmaking being ridiculously slow is killing the game for me right now.

Sadly the patch info mentioned nothing about it, but I guess that could be all solved server side.

But I somehow doubt it will.

FluxWaveZ

Once I think I get a chance, Flux, you escape and give me a beating -_-

So there's something particular about my fight style across all fighting games, and it's that I'm reckless until I see there's actually a chance I'll die, at which point my defense improves noticeably. It's a weird thing, and I've tried to tap into my "last stand" type of style for how I always play, and not just when I'm working with a pixel of health.

GGs. It took me a bit to get accustomed to the rollback (the distance was naturally gonna do that), but I adapted eventually.

Heh, I thought it'd be Ken or something with a comment like that. I haven't gotten a rage comment yet, but I'd be proud of it, in a way.

Mika is a footsie character

barefoot_rmika_by_brutalace_by_brutalace-d9ux2g3.png
http://brutalace.deviantart.com/art/Barefoot-RMika-By-BrutalAce-596126883

SephLuis

So there's something particular about my fight style across all fighting games, and it's that I'm reckless until I see there's actually a chance I'll die, at which point my defense improves noticeably. It's a weird thing, and I've tried to tap into my "last stand" type of style for how I always play, and not just when I'm working with a pixel of health.

GGs. It took me a bit to get accustomed to the rollback (the distance was naturally gonna do that), but I adapted eventually.

GGs. There was a bit of rollback, but it was playable.

I got nervous towards the last matches and dropped combos -_-
At least your Mika play gave me some good ideas on how to approach people.

Ame

I honestly think everyone is playing the Division or some other "popular" shooter. I was looking for online matches and not only was the wait excruciatingly long most of the times with fight request on, but I think I fought the same 3 people over and over again in Ranked matches and maybe 4 people in Casual matches on a Friday night. Maybe it was just a slow night.

Haven't been able to play the last couple of days, but on Thursday night I was having the same problem. Trouble finding anyone to play. Within the first hour I only had two matches and both were the same person.

Anyone know how active SFV is online in terms of any numbers. I don't want this game to already be a wasteland online, it's to good a fighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom