• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quesa

Edit: seems like brutal ace is modding a single ponytail to fix that.

mika_single_back_ponytail_wip_by_brutalace-d9xuxs0.jpg

Really like this. Might have to try my first SFV mod with this

KingBroly

Banned
The power-ups shouldn't be random because they cost points. The better you do, aka the more points you earn, the more you should be able to spend on boosters, particularly high-cost ones.

No one gives a shit about Points, despite Capcom's pathetic 'Oh, you gotta get a High Score!' For what purpose? There's no online leaderboard associated with it. The only thing you get out beating Survival is Colors, Titles, EXP and FM.

Ferrio

Banned
The amount of times I fuck up a motion move and get a charge move instead or visa versa with Alex is killing me. Stupid charge moves.

This is how you fix survival mode - don't tie colors to it, give people depending on how far they got, and if you really wanna push the needle, give them a little bit of FM. Doesn't have to be a lot, just something to give people a reason to sit through 100 something matches. That's my biggest issue - I get literally nothing out of it at all. My time is used up for nothing in the end, and it's such a pain to reach a high number and then fail.

On another topic, Capcom, please release the Story shit right now. I want to see what happened to Seth and how Bison dies.

KingBroly

Banned
I guess I'll post this, but I assume it's already been posted:

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/...ter-received-ono-responds-sf5-launch-critics/

A couple of select quotes:
I think it's safe to say that we underestimated the popularity of some of the single-player features

The Capcom Pro Tour wasn't the only reason for why the game was released when it was. We understand that if we had more features ready at launch, it probably would've been better received by some of our more casual fans who tend to enjoy Street Fighter more via single-player content, as opposed to competitive play

A pretty big 'WELL DUH' on both of these quotes from me.

The march update and Quesa's dotagaf tournament have reignited my interest in this game, and I figured this would be the time to try a character other than Ryu. Could I get some suggestions for a new main? I'm a SFV newbie, ~1000 lp Ryu player.

-I'm looking for a 'sciency' character, ie one that rewards studying up on framedata and spending time in the lab, because that's what I like doing anyway.

-I'd like to be able to do flashy combos, to impress my friends and feel good about myself. Yet, I hate high execution requirements, like justframes or instant air specials. I'd even prefer no DP or 360 motions if possible, as those feel finicky to me.

-The hardest thing for me has been learning footsies, it still feels very inconsistent to me. I don't know if that means I should pick a fighter that doesn't really play the footsie game so I can circumvent that weakness, or a very footsie-heavy one so I'll be forced to learn it.

-My goal is just to get decent at online play, I don't have any tournament aspirations. As such, character tiers won't really be a concern.

Any suggestions would be helpful!

The march update and Quesa's dotagaf tournament have reignited my interest in this game, and I figured this would be the time to try a character other than Ryu. Could I get some suggestions for a new main? I'm a SFV newbie, ~1000 lp Ryu player.

-I'm looking for a 'sciency' character, ie one that rewards studying up on framedata and spending time in the lab, because that's what I like doing anyway.

-I'd like to be able to do flashy combos, to impress my friends and feel good about myself. Yet, I hate high execution requirements, like justframes or instant air specials. I'd even prefer no DP or 360 motions if possible, as those feel finicky to me.

-The hardest thing for me has been learning footsies, it still feels very inconsistent to me. I don't know if that means I should pick a fighter that doesn't really play the footsie game so I can circumvent that weakness, or a very footsie-heavy one so I'll be forced to learn it.

-My goal is just to get decent at online play, I don't have any tournament aspirations. As such, character tiers won't really be a concern.

Your list is spectacular. Maybe birdie would be up your alley.

Vice

R. Mika and Laura both will let you skip the footsies segment a lot compared to Ryu. They both have tons of interesting mixups to practice in training mode and the execution isn't too bad for them.

Maybe Alex is a character that just doesn't have what I need. I was doing much better as Birdie or FANG

yea, i can't win with him vs better players. can get them down to 10% before i drop :D i can get a match or two, but nothing consistent. gotta get better with him or pick another funchar. guile will probably take all the playtime away from him once he drops, i can feel it.... :/

xabi

Anyone want to spar my still-somewhat-scrubby Alex? PS4 updating now and then hopping on. feel free to send invite to a lounge. CFN - ShotoXabi

Ferrio

Banned
Alex's dive is so damn risky. I find it more helpful using it to get outta the corner than attack people with. *flies to the other side of the stage* Also I tend to mess it up a lot, seems very finnicky when you can actually do it.

YES FUCK

I BEAT A SILVER

DUDE WAS A SICK GIEF, AND I WAS FUCKING WITH A SHITTY BIRDIE

Lost the first match handily, took the second match by the skin of my teeth (read: a very lucky v-trigger juggle from the flames, forgot you could even do that but I got a grab from that), and the third match I just turned something on and went in.

It was crazy.

Too bad it was in Casuals, LOL!

MrDaravon

from comments

is this real?

Outside of never hearing anything like this, I'd trust random news story comments approximately 0% and even less so at Eventhubs. I wouldn't doubt that this might be possible, but I feel like this would blow up pretty quickly if it was out there already.

You sound like a mika player.

you should play sim, everyone should play sim.

FluxWaveZ

Does everyone here feel comfortable with their main? I wonder if this uncertainty is a normal thing or if it's actually a sign my play could be more optimal with another character.

I'm gonna force myself to not play online for a bit and actually try the other characters out. Wish Balrog were here...

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
The amount of times I fuck up a motion move and get a charge move instead or visa versa with Alex is killing me. Stupid charge moves.

Love charge moves!! Right now I am trying to get timing on doing a LP Stun Gun headbutt off a standing close MP for mix-up purposes.

FluxWaveZ

Love charge moves!! Right now I am trying to get timing on doing a LP Stun Gun headbutt off a standing close MP for mix-up purposes.

I also like charge moves a lot, though maybe that was because of their simplicity compared to motion moves back when I was still getting used to my stick.

Renekton

Does everyone here feel comfortable with their main? I wonder if this uncertainty is a normal thing or if it's actually a sign my play could be more optimal with another character.
Ya the character we thematically and conceptually like may not be the most effective for our playstyles.

Print if you want I can give you Laura tips. Just make sure you use them to beat Lagmoli for me
bts_lina.gif

I'm gonna force myself to not play online for a bit and actually try the other characters out. Wish Balrog were here...

I'm not really. I've been experimenting with alot of the cast mainly because I get concerned that my preconceived notions of my own playstyle might be hindering my ability to grow as a player, so I try to get out of my comfort zone and develop more. At first I was firmly set on Rashid, then started playing Karin, Necalli, Chun Li, Ken, Ryu, Nash, Laura. So far the character I enjoy most is Nash.

SephLuis

I don't understand the logic of win/loss LP in Ranked.

If I lose, I am losing more than 60LP in a match. This applies for both lower ranked and higher ranked opponents.

And when I win, I am getting 55 LP, at maximum. Usually am getting around 30 LP. Again, this is happening with both lower and higher ranked matches.

So, what the hell is the logic on this ? >.>

Today was a bad day for ranked.

So, I lost hundreds of points last night and lost every match. Probably wasn't the best idea to try to play Alex like how I did in 3S.

On the plus side, I ran into Duralath, whose Alex is freaking sick.

Mediking

I don't understand the logic of win/loss LP in Ranked.

If I lose, I am losing more than 60LP in a match. This applies for both lower ranked and higher ranked opponents.

And when I win, I am getting 55 LP, at maximum. Usually am getting around 30 LP. Again, this is happening with both lower and higher ranked matches.

So, what the hell is the logic on this ? >.>

Today was a bad day for ranked.

Do Battle Lounge instead because LP in Ranked is flawed...

Alucrid

Banned

after doing all the character's trials, the only one i can stand to play is mika

Does anyone else feel immense shame whenever they lose in the mirror?
People should never feel bad if they lose a mirror match. It's the same as losing any other match.

Just like I don't think anyone should feel stupid if the opponent gets a perfect. It happens. Also, don't waste all your resources just trying to avoid it. I always sigh whenever I'm about to perfect someone and they spend their entire meter trying to get a tiny bit of chip or damage. That's the part you should feel dumb as fuck about.

A double perfect on the other hand....ouch...

Trickster

I would guess Laura or Rashid would be some that could fit your bill. Both have some flashy ass shit that you could spend time in the lab learning.

"Hey, I think I'll try Alex in ranked mode."

Gold
Ultra-Silver
Super-Silver

"Well that was fun!"

Why go straight to ranked? :p

Mediking

People should never feel bad if they lose a mirror match. It's the same as losing any other match.

Just like I don't think anyone should feel stupid if the opponent gets a perfect. It happens. Also, don't waste all your resources just trying to avoid it. I always sigh whenever I'm about to perfect someone and they spend their entire meter trying to get a tiny bit of chip or damage. That's the part you should feel dumb as fuck about.

A double perfect on the other hand....ouch...

I actually have alotta respect and even smile when I lose to a Cammy online. I'm a Cammy main and its fun to see another Cammy online.

But somebody getting a perfect on me?

OUCH. THAT STINGS. That means your defense was utterly horrible and your guard was non-existent.

Alucrid

Banned
I actually have alotta respect and even smile when I lose to a Cammy online. I'm a Cammy main and its fun to see another Cammy online.

OUCH. THAT STINGS. That means your defense was utterly horrible and your guard was non-existent.

not really, one or two wrong reads could get you perfected in this game.

Nah not really. There were times in SF4 when I would get a perfect and all I was doing was 50/50 bullshit the entire time. EX Tiger Knee? What's coming after? Who the fuck knows? Likely an uppercut. Uppercut you on your wakeup? Sure. Why the fuck not? Empty jump and then super? Who could've predicted that dumb shit?

Sometimes it just happens regardless of your defense.

As for SF5...you do realize Mika is in this game. You fuck up once and it could very well lead to a perfect. It's just in the nature of certain characters. Seth, Ibuki, and Fuerte were no strangers to getting Perfects, and quite often.

Question. If I win and no lp is exchanged in rank, does that mean the opponent rq? Just, not fast enough to stop the win animation, or is this just server hic ups?
I don't want to report someone for no reason.

FluxWaveZ

Question. If I win and no lp is exchanged in rank, does that mean the opponent rq? Just, not fast enough to stop the win animation, or is this just server hic ups?

If the opponent is still there to be rematched, obviously they couldn't have rage quit. Sometimes the server will mess up like that.

I know the whole series uses it, but dizzy meter never made sense to me. Like a ' mercy kill' mechanic.

If the opponent is still there to be rematched, obviously they couldn't have rage quit. Sometimes the server will mess up like that.

It was our second game, 2 wins for me, so no dice.

FluxWaveZ

It was our second game, 2 wins for me, so no dice.

Then it might be, I think. Sometimes I've defeated someone and there were no LP updates as it gave me a disconnect error on the score screen, but sometimes I've seen that happen when I've lost. The online still has some issues, so it can be hard to tell.

Edit: Can someone tell me the specific motions/shortcuts one inputs to consistently get Ryu's DP xx Critical Art? I just end up wobbling the stick like mad, and I'm pretty sure that's not the way.

Playing now. I suck.

ID: Suplex

I can play a few; going online now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom