• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Brofist*

FYI, there's been talk of redesigning Balrog similar to how they've "redesigned" Vega. It's possible he might not be a charge character anymore or that he might have changes to his established moveset.

That's good news to me. Revamping classic characters (and their design, in cases like Dhalsim) makes them fresh.

Ryce

I'm pretty sure they wanted a 90's look for him. That type of shirt is something that a pro wrestler tears off. The big X on the front screams Degeneration X to me.
I actually think the logo was inspired by Pancrase:

Z25dW6a.jpg

Pancrase was a popular Japanese pro-wrestling/MMA hybrid organization in the '90s, and Alex fights using a combination of pro-wrestling and MMA.

vg260

2975258-sf5-1.jpg

This is the order.

June will have story mode, no character in june. Balrog will be may and then it'll be on July/August/September.

The only thing that might call that into question was the order they mention the characters in this timeline.

They list Ibuki before Balrog, but maybe that was a mistake. I think this was released more recently though. I'm leaning to the conference teaser image carrying more weight, as I can't see Barrog not making it in before the story.

The only thing that might call that into question was the order they mention the characters in this timeline.

They list Ibuki before Balrog, but maybe that was a mistake. I think this was released more recently though. I'm leaning to the image carrying more weight, as I can't see Barrog not making it in before the story.
That timeline is a bit fuzzy. It doesn't confirm anything because the each month's DLC character is referred to by number while if it was confirmed, they would have given the name.

At least we know Guile is the one for this month. And my bet is that Balrog will be the one for next month.

When the more pressing updates are applied, eventually, I wouldn't mind seeing an online mode that lets you bet some fight money against your opponent... Would such a thing even be acceptable in a gaming community like this?

mattp

When the more pressing updates are applied, eventually, I wouldn't mind seeing an online mode that lets you bet some fight money against your opponent... Would such a thing even be acceptable in a gaming community like this?

i hope so
i wanna bet FM so badly. it'd be great

It'll be really funny
and awesome
if Guile is no longer a charge character.
No way. Of all the charge characters in SF, Guile is the quintessential charge character.

If he's not a charge character then there's no point in making anyone else one.

And I would drop Guile like a sack of puppies if he wasn't a charge character.

FluxWaveZ

Mika has cool looking block animations.

Edit: I went from barely facing any Mikas online ever to facing 3 high level ones in a row. Neat.

ElFly

Betting Fight Money
=> making alts that beat some Survival mode
=> fight against your bro
=> bet all your money
=> throw the fight
=> your bro now has enough for a free character

Mœbius

Well tonight was something else... Played casuals and had more RQs in a single session that ever before, must have been about seven of them.

In casuals.

I actually think the logo was inspired by Pancrase:

Z25dW6a.jpg

Pancrase was a popular Japanese pro-wrestling/MMA hybrid organization in the '90s, and Alex fights using a combination of pro-wrestling and MMA.

Ah I used to watch Pancrase so much growing up. Good times.

They list Ibuki before Balrog, but maybe that was a mistake. I think this was released more recently though. I'm leaning to the conference teaser image carrying more weight, as I can't see Barrog not making it in before the story.

I'm happy that Guile is going to make the April release but I wish Urien could get moved up. If he has to do with the story mode though I can see why he would be the last one. Maybe he could end up being the "boss" character of SFV. Sucks because I played him a lot in 3S and I can't wait to get my hands on him.

Now we just have to see if Capcom does their release announcements/trailer earlier than the last day of the damn month this time. I'd hope for an April 19-21 release date for Guile but who knows.

Odds on SFV going free to play by the holiday season (after all six DLC characters are released)?

I am leaning more towards the announcement of season 2 DLC. By then they should almost everything together.

_jnup

So hyped for Guile and Balrog since those 2 were my mains in Super Turbo and 4.

Too bad I have to wait a little bit longer for Urien.

Durden77

He's gonna look exactly the same. He's gonna turtle, throw sonic booms, flash kick if you jump, spinning backfist you, randomly jab, just like Guile always has since forever. I wish I could fast forward past his reveal tbh. He's the anti-hype..

I will never buy you a beer in my entire life.

Guile can potentially be an AMAZING rework. All of the returning chatacter's reworkings have been amazing. Imagine a vskill that allows him to jump in the air while still retaining his charge and shoot AIR SONIC BOOMS.

For the most part I hope he's the same though.

FluxWaveZ

Oh, goddammit. I was in a match against a Super Silver Alex where I won once and he won once. We were 1-1 during the last match, he landed a Crush Counter with his foot when I had very little health left and he was about to combo into a kill. Right at the moment the CC landed: disconnected from the opponent, and 10006 error on my end.

This is the third time today, but I swear it loves to choose VERY appropriate moments for it to happen. Real nice. There's no way anyone could look at something like that and not say "Rage Quit."

Can't even log into the game server anymore: error 21004.

MrDaravon

Playing for the first time tonight in a good while, getting super wrecked as expected but having moments of actually executing exactly what I want to do. More importantly though thank fucking god for Battle Lounges, can just set up a small 4 person lobby for first to 2; even if take two straight losses the wait isn't too long to loop back around for anyone. Going forward going to try to dedicate at least one hour a day to the game, I want to be at least not a total scrub anymore D:

FluxWaveZ

Are people noticing any recent differences in the skill levels of players in Bronze/Silver? More people are getting more points, and from the players I'm facing, I'm starting to feel like Platinum is becoming the new Ultra Gold.

ElFly

Are people noticing any recent differences in the skill levels of players in Bronze/Silver? More people are getting more points, and from the players I'm facing, I'm starting to feel like Platinum is becoming the new Ultra Gold.

I think some of the more casual fans have dropped the game, but their ranking stays there forever.

So on average the skill level raised -even without accounting for people learning- and thus we are facing harder challenges on the lower ranks.

FluxWaveZ

I think some of the more casual fans have dropped the game, but their ranking stays there forever.

So on average the skill level raised -even without accounting for people learning- and thus we are facing harder challenges on the lower ranks.

Interesting, and that would make sense, because I've been facing Silver league players recently who are way better than I would expect.

KingBroly

Banned
For all those that have issues with Survival mode, what about it should be fixed?

Problems:
- The AI is random, so it can go HAM on you at any time
- You get nothing if you fail, so you waste a ton of time for nothing
- Boosters are random, and can fuck you over in times of need
- Color unlocks are per Costume, not per Character, so you have to do it three times PER costume
- You only get FM and EXP once, despite that last one
- If you get disconnected from the server while playing, you lose all progress for that run and can't start over
- You get no FM or EXP while doing it offline
- Trying to Matchmake while playing Survival can slow the game down

How to Fix:
- Make it a lower, set number of Opponents on a set difficulty, instead of ever-increasing difficulty
- Allow players to choose how many points to spend on Boosters after each level
- Make Color unlocks once per character, not per costume, especially since you can't buy said colors anyway
- Allow players to continue a run if they get disconnected
- Matchmaking shouldn't slow the game down

LegendX48

Yeah. I've played a lot of super bronze, and even bronze players that should be silver and higher.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Alex is a ton of fun. Has anyone compiled some BnB combos for him? I had a quick session against my boy last night, managed a parry and a V Trigger CC combo into CA. I have to remember to jab as AA then dash under to other side. Also didnt realize you can confirm CA off his LK, MK Elbow.

LegendX48

Okay, seriously, are ALL of Nash' moves plus on block, cause it sure feels like it. He has zero recovery frames on everything and just seamlessly goes from whiffing/block strings immediately into something else with zero start up. It's infuriating.

Alex is a ton of fun. Has anyone compiled some BnB combos for him? I had a quick session against my boy last night, managed a parry and a V Trigger CC combo into CA. I have to remember to jab as AA then dash under to other side. Also didnt realize you can confirm CA off his LK, MK Elbow.

Bafael released a bnb combo guide for him https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJRMPVwWq6Q written version is in the description if you prefer that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom