• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else want in? Feel like a gaf lobby.

Playing now. I suck.

ID: Suplex

Mr gold sucks? Let me teach you the true meaning of mediocrity!

Then it might be, I think. Sometimes I've defeated someone and there were no LP updates as it gave me a disconnect error on the score screen, but sometimes I've seen that happen when I've lost. The online still has some issues, so it can be hard to tell.

Edit: Can someone tell me the specific motions/shortcuts one inputs to consistently get Ryu's DP xx Critical Art? I just end up wobbling the stick like mad, and I'm pretty sure that's not the way.

I'll let it go then.

Edzi

Do all Vega's just mash Light buttons? I feel like I'm just playing against an SF4 character again and it's super lame.

I know the whole series uses it, but dizzy meter never made sense to me. Like a ' mercy kill' mechanic.
Huh? Not sure what you mean.

On the subject though, I really wish the stun meters were like 3rd Strike. It would just make shit a lot more clear.

Do all Vega's just mash Light buttons? I feel like I'm playing SF4 again and it's super lame.
Yessir. They absolutely do. Start crush countering that shit.

Edgeward

Edit: Can someone tell me the specific motions/shortcuts one inputs to consistently get Ryu's DP xx Critical Art? I just end up wobbling the stick like mad, and I'm pretty sure that's not the way.

f, d, df+P f, d, df, f+P

Really just a matter doing two smooth quarter circles.

Do all Vega's just mash Light buttons? I feel like I'm just playing against an SF4 character again and it's super lame.

It's a good button since the st lk is 3 frames and combos. Especially in a game where throws are 5 frames. You got to crush counter for a medium to far range or time your meaty if it's on wakeup.

"On the subject though, I really wish the stun meters were like 3rd Strike. It would just make shit a lot more clear."

How so? They look to operate the same to me in terms of visual feedback

Edzi

On the subject though, I really wish the stun meters were like 3rd Strike. It would just make shit a lot more clear.

I'm having real trouble getting the hang of crush countering with Alex. It's only his forward HP and standing HK, right? forward HP seems to have a really crappy ground hitbox, and HK seems kinda unsafe and insanely slow.

There's certainly some leeway, but it ussually seems like 'hey, you losin'? How about you lose harder!'

pixelish

CfZ750NW8AA2xU8.jpg

Alucrid

Banned
f, d, df+P f, d, df, f+P

It's a good button since the st lk is 3 frames and combos. Especially in a game where throws are 5 frames. You got to crush counter for a medium to far range or time your meaty if it's on wakeup.

"On the subject though, I really wish the stun meters were like 3rd Strike. It would just make shit a lot more clear."

i'm assuming he means the rate at which they start to go down and how blocking, etc. doesn't keep it from going down?

well, that, or the bars being colored red

f, d, df+P f, d, df, f+P

I played 3rd Strike for years, so unless I'm out of my mind and not remembering correctly, the stun gauges were all different sizes, so it was much easier to tell stun values.
I'm having real trouble getting the hang of crush countering with Alex. It's only his forward HP and standing HK, right? forward HP seems to have a really crappy ground hitbox, and HK seems kinda unsafe and insanely slow.
Well you won't get crush counters, but you could try beating them with mediums.
There's certainly some leeway, but it ussually seems like 'hey, you losin'? How about you lose harder!'
For me it's a psychological thing. When it's getting close to full, the dynamics of the match change.
Are you not available now, CrackpotDesert?

Anyone else want to face my Ryu?
I'm down CFN Bukkakecakes

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
What is this bullshit going on Spooky's stream with SFV? You have to sign online to verify your copy now? Is this with digital copies?

Edgeward

I played 3rd Strike for years, so unless I'm out of my mind and not remembering correctly, the stun gauges were all different sizes, so it was much easier to tell stun values.

Well you won't get crush counters, but you could try beating them with mediums.

For me it's a psychological thing. When it's getting close to full, the dynamics of the match change.

I'm down CFN Bukkakecakes

Ah, I see. I checked and it is true. That would be a nice touch.

What is this bullshit going on Spooky's stream with SFV? You have to sign online to verify your copy now? Is this with digital copies?

They are probably using a PS4 registered as a secondary console for the PSN account with the SF5 license. You have to be online and logged in the main account for you to play your digital games.

This is not necessary for the primary console.

Q: How exactly do I earn the extra colors for Story costumes?

I have several colors unlocked for my main, but their story costume only gives me two. Is it possible to get them?

I ended up joining CrackpotDesert's lobby (CFN: Suplex). It's my first time being in a multi-person Battle Lounge, but I'm guessing that it's on the host to invite others?

I don't know if you were letting me win there or not, but geez I can't believe I somewhat kept up with you.

explodet

My HRAP V4 lives! Although it's now a freak.
I had to replace the joystick with a JLF because good freakin' luck trying to find a replacement Hayabusa up here.

Now I get to learn how to play Street Fighter with an oct gate after spending all of SFIV and SFV without one!

Karin players, what do you think of Vega and Dhalsim matchup?

With Dhalsim, I feel like I should be able to bully my way in with my normals but I'm not sure. I'm probably just doing a shit job at whiff punishing.

With Vega, I think that I should be throwing out normals to stop Vega's dash up approach.

Edgeward

Tragedy, you fraud ass rage quitting Mika player. No neutral game whatsoever and just relies on the gimmick corner pressure.

Back to casuals til this is sorted

explodet

『Inaba Resident』;200370822 said:
Karin players, what do you think of Vega and Dhalsim matchup?

With Dhalsim, I feel like I should be able to bully my way in with my normals but I'm not sure. I'm probably just doing a shit job at whiff punishing.

With Vega, I think that I should be throwing out normals to stop Vega's dash up approach.
Karin's MK is so good against Dhalsim, I once won a round just spamming that. I like being aggressive against 'sim because a really good one knows where to aim every time.

For some reason crossups worked really well against the Vega players I faced but that's not a strat I would recommend 100%.

Edgeward

For some reason crossups worked really well against the Vega players I faced but that's not a strat I would recommend 100%.

I wouldn't against good ones because they will be able to Air to Air those easily if you are too predictable or even slide on reaction to get away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom