• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've not had a rage quit yet so far :'(

I've barely played the game though, too busy being annoyed at the fact my sticks wouldn't work until I managed to sort it the other day.

In a twist to the answer, I want to rage quit on Ken and Mika though, I don't think they suit my gaming style whatsoever

Get to survival hard stage 49 with Ryu... Dictator starts being an ass, so I try to edge him out since no fight requests are coming in (my mistake of changing it to casual only). Somehow, we get a Double KO.

This counts as game over. Capcom, fix this bs.

Get to survival hard stage 49 with Ryu... Dictator starts being an ass, so I try to edge him out since no fight requests are coming in (my mistake of changing it to casual only). Somehow, we get a Double KO.

This counts as game over. Capcom, fix this bs.
Damn son...That cuts me deep.

Btw need help versus the following

Karin
Sim
Chun
Vega

If those are you main’s, hit me up for some sets. OmniCloud

I’ll be lobby exclusively starting this weekend hopefully, just tryna hit platinum and then I’m done with rank.

Haven't played ranked online in a week or so. Just went on a 900lp win streak. Helped by a couple of Gold+ players that actually stuck around and took the Ls on 2/3 sets. Now super silver.

:D
Nice! Congrats on the streak man...if you can just lend me about 400 points, I’ll be done with rank thank you very much lol.

Ono gives a STATEMENT!!

Eventhubs said:
"I think it's safe to say that we underestimated the popularity of some of the single-player features," Ono said. "That said, we are excited about the two all-new single-player modes--character story and survival--and we have plans to continue to refine and expand onto those experiences."

Taken from gameinformer btw.

Sayad

"and we have plans to continue to refine and expand onto those experiences."

Is he talking about survivor and story modes there, or general single player experiences, ie, adding more stuff?!

Renekton

Is he talking about survivor and story modes there, or general single player experiences, ie, adding more stuff?!
It does sound like they are adding more to stuff to Survival... *ulp

Maybe they can change it to a SFA3 World Tour mode.

That feeling when you start playing and apparently forgotten how to play over the night.

As soon she gets lvl30 its time to abandon Karin. I really like her but I'm hitting a wall at like 1300lp right now, her play style just don't fit with how I play and I'm doing same kind of mistakes all the time just because I can.

Time to dust of police Chun.

Edit: And of course, as soon I start winning, a german Ken rage quits after 1st round of gettin destroyed..

Nadeshiko Megathread: R-Mika V-Trigger resets, set-ups, combos, unblockables, etc. (very much WIP)

If any other Mika players could look this over and contribute what they can, I'd appreciate it. Going to keep working on it as I can to make sure that it ends up being as comprehensive and readable as possible.
I'm nowhere near competent enough to contribute but thanks so much for posting this :) going to read over it later.
-

I have so many ideas for costume mods but I don't have time to make any of them atm :( my coursework ends on the 29th of April after which I'm going to go ham LOL

myco666

Having great time with Survival mode.

Finally got to lvl30 with Ryu and got the trophy for it so that I can drop him and try out some other character.

I feel like I am not learning to play at all. Managed to stay at Ultra Bronze-Super Bronze treshold for few days but now I am back to Bronze and even there it feels like a struggle sometimes.

Spuck-uk

Banned
just met someone who was definitely smurfing, lol

rank 225k+ but with 15 wins and they were doing a ton of rapid cancel combos.

I only started playing ranked properly last week on PC and had a similar record. Kinda felt sorry for the bronze and rookie players I plowed through

Birdie players out there, do you think you need to be use that one move that you have to hold down a button for to be any good with him?

I can't get that move down for some reason. It seems like it would be a lot easier to do on a stick but I'm using the Hori gamepad and it's just really difficult unless I hold the pad in an awkward way.

Scotia

Banned
A poster from another forum I frequent compiled a list of SF story facts gathered by a SRK poster who was translating the Japanese text that accompanied the art of SF characters that was posted earlier in this thread. Some of this stuff is pretty interesting and I don't believe it's been posted yet:

Thanks for the info round-up! Lots of interesting stuff here:

-Abel tried to inflitrate a Shadaloo base and got injured. This isn't written in Shadaloo soldier form. Instead, the Shadaloo soldier notes that "We've seen a Shadaloow solider bearing a striking resemblance (shows picture of Abel in Shadaloow solider outfit)"

I guess that explains why Abel was all bandaged up in that drawing of him. Seems like an excuse for him not to come back for a while.

- Akuma is stated to have "defeated" Gouken (i.e. not killed) and is interested in the presence of Necalli.

Well this just confirms that Akuma's coming at some point (though it was obvious anyway).

- Azam is a "butler of legend" who is Rashid's attendant and body guard. Was also a good professional wrestler. He's bigger than Gief (219cm/ 7'2"), but smaller than Hawk or Hugo.

Probably be seeing this guy as DLC soon.

- El Fuerte and El Stinger from Muscle Bomber were taught by the same luchador, a legendary wrestler named Meteorite Jr. The Shadaloo soldier comments that El Stinger is a "way more competent luchadore" than El Fuerte.

Hopefully we'll see El Stinger before we ever see Fuerte.

-The reason why I say not is because Geki is stated to be dead. The Geki in the SFV files is Geki "Super", the second generation Geki. His profile says he still uses claw and shuriken, even though he now has a sword on his back. He earns his living as a spy and bodyguard.

I like Geki, but I highly doubt we'll see him again in anything more than an easter egg/cameo.

- Haggar is still mayor of Metro City. They give a bullshit excuse about how doesn't want to appear in SF as an opponent.

Not a fan of Haggar as much as other people, but this is a BS reason to not include him. I wouldn't expect Haggar for a while.

- Joe is from Missouri. Officially a kickboxer who was undefeated in the US, but "due to financial troubles and violent outbursts he was was forced to live as an outlaw on the road". Goes by the ring name of "Super Star".

FINALLY! Some fucking backstory for the SF1 characters who never got any! I doubt we'll ever see Joe again, but hearing that we was going to be the escaped convict in Alpha 3 (but was replaced by Cody) only makes me think what could have been.

- Max, the black guy from SF2 intro, is yet another heavyweight black boxer (smallest of the SF bunch though, at only 187 cm/6'2" and 93 kg/205 lbs) who got into trouble. Allegedly appears in SFV "somewhere".

He appears in SFV somewhere? Damn, I'm going to hunt for this guy then.

- Mike, on the other hand, who was always a separate character to M.Bison/Balrog/Boxer, is now really different. Now he's a reformed ex-con who teaches children how to box and is a great contributor to his community. Also has a great relationship with his family and has a sister five years younger.

Good to hear some people managed to get out of the Street Fighter bullshit.

- Retsu is not only friends with Gouken and Dhalsim, he also apparently has a past history with Oro(!).

Yes! Please create more links between obscure characters like this!

- Sagat is currently residing in a village deep in the mountains of Thailand, keeping his past a secret.

Hmmm. This was hinted at in Rashid's character story. Maybe this is a reason for Sagat to not come back as DLC just yet?

- Scott is the white guy from the SF2 intro. Apparently a former boxer. The profile specifically mentions "He is not Cody", though from his profile description, he basically IS Cody, or what Cody would be if Cody were not in prison.

Seems like a generic guy. Wouldn't be too bothered if he never came back.

- Tom is mentioned as being a "pretty good MMA fighter in the military, but was forced to retire in the wake of a 'certain incident'". No other details about said incident are given, but whatever it was, it was pretty bad, said to be a "detestable act by citizens and military personannel alike".

Jesus, I wonder what he did.

Palom

So infuriating.....

alWE68q.gif

I decided to play birdie last night knowing nothing about him and won like 5 in a row somehow, lol. He really is an easy character to use. A lot of fun too with all his armor moves and v trigger.

I hope they will do a big package of single player content for a later update after Evo. Maybe September or October. Make it free for owners of the game and do a big marketing push with the game on sale.

Could give it a good second wind during the holiday. Or all the complainers won't buy the game anyway even if it gets single player modes.

Smo21

I have no clue how to fight mika. That charged drop kick being plus is just to much for me. I need to learn to take it out before it happens.

For some reason crossups worked really well against the Vega players I faced but that's not a strat I would recommend 100%.

I have a really hard time against some of the crossups in this game, mostly ryu/ken/bison, shit is ambiguous as hell some times.
I once blocked a bison's crossup, but then he still landed in front of me.

If you're that close to Mika that a WA will actually AA you—including EX—and you're still just standing there like a deer in headlights while she charges her 35-frame start-up dive kick... There's an issue.

Are you saying wingless airplane can't grab you if the dropkick is from a certain distance?
Because I'm pretty damn sure it grabs me regardless of how far she started it from, neutral or backjump.
shooting peach will beat the jump as well.

Also trying to jab the airplane just means you eat a rope throw if you guess wrong, or a command throw, or an ex shooting peach...

FluxWaveZ

Are you saying wingless airplane can't grab you if the dropkick is from a certain distance?
Because I'm pretty damn sure it grabs me regardless of how far she started it from, neutral or backjump.
shooting peach will beat the jump as well.

Also trying to jab the airplane just means you eat a rope throw if you guess wrong, or a command throw, or an ex shooting peach...

I'm saying that WA doesn't go across the screen, and that the distance where it will actually grab you means you're close enough to a charging drop kick where you should be able to adequately respond to it instead of just crouch blocking for 35 frames. And there is absolutely no way that you are getting caught by WA after a backjump unless you were right next to Mika, at which point how the hell are you getting hit by charged drop kick?

And what do you mean "guess wrong"? Do you mean "mistime it"? Because charged st.HK is HIGHLY telegraphed, and the opponents I've been facing recently have been stuffing it every single time if I'm just letting it go at neutral.

Edit: Oh wait, jab the airplane; misread that, my bad. Not sure what that means, really; I wouldn't say stuffing Mika out of her WA when you're both already in the air would be a reliable thing to do.

Raitaro

Capcom updated its awesome Japanese dev site with some cut stage gimmicks and concepts.

Some of these are quite wacky but also awesome. (Unlike others, going by the negative reaction to SFIV's dino island,) I'd love to have seen dinosaurs inhabit the Waterfall stage!

What actually gives me hope that they might still add stage transitions to other stages, is that these concept drawings don't really seem to show any that were cut or unused. I'm taking that as a (admittedly vague) sign that they are keeping them under wraps still.

Thanks for the info round-up! Lots of interesting stuff here:

-Abel tried to inflitrate a Shadaloo base and got injured. This isn't written in Shadaloo soldier form. Instead, the Shadaloo soldier notes that "We've seen a Shadaloow solider bearing a striking resemblance (shows picture of Abel in Shadaloow solider outfit)"

I guess that explains why Abel was all bandaged up in that drawing of him. Seems like an excuse for him not to come back for a while.

- Akuma is stated to have "defeated" Gouken (i.e. not killed) and is interested in the presence of Necalli.

Well this just confirms that Akuma's coming at some point (though it was obvious anyway).

- Azam is a "butler of legend" who is Rashid's attendant and body guard. Was also a good professional wrestler. He's bigger than Gief (219cm/ 7'2"), but smaller than Hawk or Hugo.

Probably be seeing this guy as DLC soon.

- El Fuerte and El Stinger from Muscle Bomber were taught by the same luchador, a legendary wrestler named Meteorite Jr. The Shadaloo soldier comments that El Stinger is a "way more competent luchadore" than El Fuerte.

Hopefully we'll see El Stinger before we ever see Fuerte.

-The reason why I say not is because Geki is stated to be dead. The Geki in the SFV files is Geki "Super", the second generation Geki. His profile says he still uses claw and shuriken, even though he now has a sword on his back. He earns his living as a spy and bodyguard.

I like Geki, but I highly doubt we'll see him again in anything more than an easter egg/cameo.

- Haggar is still mayor of Metro City. They give a bullshit excuse about how doesn't want to appear in SF as an opponent.

Not a fan of Haggar as much as other people, but this is a BS reason to not include him. I wouldn't expect Haggar for a while.

- Joe is from Missouri. Officially a kickboxer who was undefeated in the US, but "due to financial troubles and violent outbursts he was was forced to live as an outlaw on the road". Goes by the ring name of "Super Star".

FINALLY! Some fucking backstory for the SF1 characters who never got any! I doubt we'll ever see Joe again, but hearing that we was going to be the escaped convict in Alpha 3 (but was replaced by Cody) only makes me think what could have been.

- Max, the black guy from SF2 intro, is yet another heavyweight black boxer (smallest of the SF bunch though, at only 187 cm/6'2" and 93 kg/205 lbs) who got into trouble. Allegedly appears in SFV "somewhere".

He appears in SFV somewhere? Damn, I'm going to hunt for this guy then.

- Mike, on the other hand, who was always a separate character to M.Bison/Balrog/Boxer, is now really different. Now he's a reformed ex-con who teaches children how to box and is a great contributor to his community. Also has a great relationship with his family and has a sister five years younger.

Good to hear some people managed to get out of the Street Fighter bullshit.

- Retsu is not only friends with Gouken and Dhalsim, he also apparently has a past history with Oro(!).

Yes! Please create more links between obscure characters like this!

- Sagat is currently residing in a village deep in the mountains of Thailand, keeping his past a secret.

Hmmm. This was hinted at in Rashid's character story. Maybe this is a reason for Sagat to not come back as DLC just yet?

- Scott is the white guy from the SF2 intro. Apparently a former boxer. The profile specifically mentions "He is not Cody", though from his profile description, he basically IS Cody, or what Cody would be if Cody were not in prison.

Seems like a generic guy. Wouldn't be too bothered if he never came back.

- Tom is mentioned as being a "pretty good MMA fighter in the military, but was forced to retire in the wake of a 'certain incident'". No other details about said incident are given, but whatever it was, it was pretty bad, said to be a "detestable act by citizens and military personannel alike".

Jesus, I wonder what he did.

Thanks for the write-up! I really hope that some of these tidbits will translate into actual character appearances in later seasons. I'd love to see Retsu make a return for instance, or the new Geki. Tom could also be cool. Sagat as a hermit with renewed fighting spirit (and look?) would also be cool. I'd also like to see that Meteorite Jr. make an appearance.

As for Azam: I have a feeling he might have originally been intended to fill the heavy grappler slot now again occupied by Zangief but I could be wrong. I'd love to see him as DLC, don't get me wrong, but also can't help but wonder if he'll be different enough from Zangief in build and moveset. Maybe he will though.

Finally: maybe I missed it but was there any info on that old guy with the bo staff and brownish shirt? Is that Goutetsu by any chance?

Raitaro

By the way, was this article on Gamespot (that references a bigger version in Game Informer that I can't seem to find) already discussed?

Seems like Ono underestimated how popular some of the missing single player modes are, which is somewhat unbelievable if you ask me. Also, while he does acknowlegde that SF should cater to every type of fan, casual fans included, at the same time he does not overtly promise things like an Arcade mode but instead seems to bring up Survival and Story mode again, which to me is a bit worrying. He also confirms that the game launched in February because of the Capcom Pro Tour.

I wish the link to game Informer in the Gamespot article worked so I could read the whole thing. I also wish someone would ask him why some things like the stage transitions seem to have taken a backseat during development and if there are plans to include them in patches. Maybe the bigger article does though, like I said, I can't check.

Smo21

interrupt it before the active frames

I think the big issue was the specific person I was aging kept crouching so it kinda hid it. I use Karin so I guess I should just mk all the crouches.

I need to practice the matchup more. Good thing is I did make ultra bronze.

『Inaba Resident』;200370822 said:
Karin players, what do you think of Vega and Dhalsim matchup?

With Dhalsim, I feel like I should be able to bully my way in with my normals but I'm not sure. I'm probably just doing a shit job at whiff punishing.

With Vega, I think that I should be throwing out normals to stop Vega's dash up approach.
It can be difficult for Dhalsim if the Vega knows how to use his claw, his V-Trigger and when to slide. Vega on the other hand has difficulty shaking him off, but that feeling is mutual. Wall dives are difficult to land against him in between his strong anti-airs, his aerial MP / HK, his ability to low profile under them with slides or to teleport next to them (which in turn can result to big damage) as Vega lands, so refrain from using those often. There's more to it, but I'd say it's an even match-up where controlling the neutral is crucial for either of 'em given their poor defensive options.

So infuriating.....

alWE68q.gif
Hah.

Skilletor

Wait wait wait, Akuma won but didn't kill Gouken?

God damn.

The comic says that Gouken did die, but he found the good version of the dark hadou, "The power of nothingness" and that allowed him to save his soul.

Don't know how canon the new comic is, but seems to be following a lot of the same story beats as SF5.

mbpm1

It can be difficult for Dhalsim if the Vega knows how to use his claw, his V-Trigger and when to slide. Vega on the other hand has difficulty shaking him off, but that feeling is mutual. Wall dives are difficult to land against him in between his strong anti-airs, his aerial MP / HK, his ability to low profile under them with slides or to teleport next to them (which in turn can result to big damage) as Vega lands, so refrain from using those often. There's more to it, but I'd say it's an even match-up where controlling the neutral is crucial for either of 'em given their poor defensive options.

Hah.

Only got to fight one Sim before, but this seems right.

Wall dive isn't so good most of the time anyway, but especially against Sim's AA suite.

but if Sim isn't aware of of Vega's slide, Vega has his way with him in neutral whenever Sim throws a bad fireball or goes for a slow limb

Scotia

Banned
Some of these are quite wacky but also awesome. (Unlike others, gong by the negative reaction to SFIV's dino island,) I'd love to have seen dinosaurs inhabit the Waterfall stage!

What actually gives me hope that they might still add stage transitions to other stages, is that these concept drawings don't really seem to show any that were cut or unused. I'm taking that as a (admittedly vague) sign that they are keeping them under wraps still.

Thanks for the write-up! I really hope that some of these tidbits will translate into actual character appearances in later seasons. I'd love to see Retsu make a return for instance, or the new Geki. Tom could also be cool. Sagat as a hermit with renewed fighting spirit (and look?) would also be cool. I'd also like to see that Meteorite Jr. make an appearance.

As for Azam: I have a feeling he might have originally been intended to fill the heavy grappler slot now again occupied by Zangief but I could be wrong. I'd love to see him as DLC, don't get me wrong, but also can't help but wonder if he'll be different enough from Zangief in build and moveset. Maybe he will though.

Finally: maybe I missed it but was there any info on that old guy with the bo staff and brownish shirt? Is that Goutetsu by any chance?

The post I originally quoted has all the info, I just commented on the ones I found interesting.

And yes the guy with the bo staff is Goutetsu.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
It looks like I overlooked something important. It seems that V-Trigger activation might be un-throwable? (Or at least that seems to be the case with characters I've tested so far.)

This puts another wrinkle in some of Mika's setups. The opponent can burn their V-Trigger to nullify hers in some situations, basically. Need to test it more to make sure I'm not just screwing up the timing though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom