• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still don't know how that thing works; got to try Alex out at some point. It was my first time dealing with the dive, too, so I had no idea what I was doing. After yesterday's set, I assume he's just real minus on block.

As long as he charges Lariat, he'll parry. Release the button after parrying to cancel the Lariat. Input Lariat again to parry additional hits, like EX fireballs or Chun Legs. Parrying is super loose in SFV, anyone can do the Daigo parry. Holding Lariat through a parry will launch the Lariat, no matter how long he has already been charging.

Flying Cross Chop (dive) is super super super punishable on block. I get owned all the time by just throwing it out. It feels like it's mainly for attacking while evading fireballs, or hitting air-to-air so you can juggle afterwards with cHP > LP Chop > CA, or cHP > LK or EX dpK in the corner

Flash Chops are -4 on block, all strengths. I think LK Elbow is -3.

rec0ded1

Damn never play on weekday afternoons when I get a day off. Nothing like getting demolished by a styling Karin to make me want to put away my stick for good. Maybe I should wait to play on weekend mornings, when fellow scrubs are online.

LegendX48

Damn never play on weekday afternoons when I get a day off. Nothing like getting demolished by a styling Karin to make me want to put away my stick for good. Maybe I should wait to play on weekend mornings, when fellow scrubs are online.

but weekends are when the monsters come out o_O

As long as he charges Lariat, he'll parry. Release the button after parrying to cancel the Lariat. Input Lariat again to parry additional hits, like EX fireballs or Chun Legs. Parrying is super loose in SFV, anyone can do the Daigo parry. Holding Lariat through a parry will launch the Lariat, no matter how long he has already been charging.

Flying Cross Chop (dive) is super super super punishable on block. I get owned all the time by just throwing it out. It feels like it's mainly for attacking while evading fireballs, or hitting air-to-air so you can juggle afterwards with cHP > LP Chop > CA, or cHP > LK or EX dpK in the corner

Flash Chops are -4 on block, all strengths. I think LK Elbow is -3.

LK elbow is -4 and I think EX Flash Chop is -2.

decided to check on the comments of the hot ryu vid

qeu4olf.png

going well

It's been a while since I played. School is getting more consuming of my time lately. But this only means I'll be back with a vengeance with Alex and Nash.

Lopy

Neo Member
Hey guys, just bought the game!

Tried my luck with Gief (since I played with him in SF4) and so far is working , but I am thinking in trying Vega (i hated his charge commands in 4). Any advice for him or Gief?

I feel like I have to press buttons like a loon to keep people out of my face. How do you get the balls to run up and throw me when I'm throwing boots at you?

Kikirin

This has probably been discussed to death already, but:

PC players - do you guys often get particularly bad netplay connection experiences vs. PS4 players compared to vs. other PC players? A friend is trying to get me to pick up a PC copy of the game since he's swearing on his anecdata that it's the PS4's fault his experience is so bad, even though I'm wired. I really don't want to shell out another $60 for it to be like "Welp, guess that's not the real reason".

PC players - do you guys often get particularly bad netplay connection experiences vs. PS4 players compared to vs. other PC players? A friend is trying to get me to pick up a PC copy of the game since he's swearing on his anecdata that it's the PS4's fault his experience is so bad, even though I'm wired. I really don't want to shell out another $60 for it to be like "Welp, guess that's not the real reason".

I just finished playing 3 sets against a ps4 player, it was perfect.

MrDaravon

Wait, I thought the rematch option in Casual/Ranked only gave one more match regardless of the final outcome (0-2, 1-1, 2-0)? I just had a Ranked match where I lost the first game, we rematched and I won, then it let us rematch a third time?? Am I totally crazy, or does that mean up until now every single person I've rematched again declined the 3rd time or something? I could have sworn I saw people complaining about it not being a true 2 out of 3 set but that's what just happened to me? o_o

No, I don't see a difference between playing PS4 or PC opponents. Just always make sure to check the bars before accepting matches since searching for "5 only" does absolutely nothing.

man sometimes i fucking hate this netcode, or rather its lenient connection rating. this guy shows up as 5 bar in lobby but completely shuts down your links randomly with minor stutter. forget shitty single player modes, fix this first.

MrDaravon

Wait, I thought the rematch option in Casual/Ranked only gave one more match regardless of the final outcome (0-2, 1-1, 2-0)? I just had a Ranked match where I lost the first game, we rematched and I won, then it let us rematch a third time?? Am I totally crazy, or does that mean up until now every single person I've rematched again declined the 3rd time or something? I could have sworn I saw people complaining about it not being a true 2 out of 3 set but that's what just happened to me? o_o

Just happened to me again in Casual, I guess a proper 2 out of 3 system then? I could have sworn I saw people bitching when the patch went up that it was just a 2nd match and not a proper 2 out 3, and additionally I never had the option for a 3rd game once all day yesterday in Ranked or Casual. Does this only happen if the score is 1-1?

Either way this is fantastic, just played a Ken in Casual at about double my LP (he was Silver, I'm barely Super Bronze) and it was an incredibly close set. He straight whooped my ass the first game, 2nd game I barely won, and last game came down to the final round and I primarily lose because of an execution error that got him a combo into CA. Felt so fucking good to play someone enough times in quick succession to actually learn and adapt, so great. I could tell he was a better player than me for sure but I was really happy with how I performed against him. He also had a Breaker/Breaker New Waves CFN so props to that guy/gal :D.

Jazzem

Glad I'm not the only one struggling against Karin...I just can't get a read on her, doesn't help that every online player seems to have her ridiculously long combos down to a tee...including the one that links into the critical art :|

Rashid has some awesome stun combos in the corner with a bar and V-Trigger.

F.HP *Stun*, backdash, jump backwards, V-trigger as soon as you land, St.mp to space yourself, dash forward, St.HP xx MK Eagle Spike, tornado hits, Roll V-skill into kick, EX spinning mixer.

Off the top of my head I think it does 458.

Ultrabum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom