• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

LakeEarth

Lol I played through Alex's "story" last night. It was almost as bad as Necalli's. Almost.

It seems like it was written to require as little art drawn as possible. I'm playing it and I couldn't help but think "it's a bottle episode!"

The worst ones are the ones where you destroy someone, and then the cutscene acts as if you lost. That shit is stupid in any game that does it.

LakeEarth

What people actually watched slide show story? i am waiting for the June update..

Well you missed such interesting stories such as:

Ryu is fighting his Satsui no Hado by fighting people, to help stop him from wanting to fight people. It ends with him happy he was fighting people, but upset because he's still fighting his Satsui no Hado.

Necalli is awakened, and wants to find fighters to absorb their fighter-ness to become the best fighter. He fights fighters to become a stronger fighter and continues to search for fight-ier fighters.

Alex is captured by fighters and forced to fight holographic fighters because the fighters want to test his fighting ability. He fights them so hard that he nearly destroys the fighter's arena, forcing the fighters to make Alex stop fighting the fighters.

How can you skip these!?

explodet

I want to go back to the time when fighting game stories made sense.

OAFk3.gif

ElFly

I hope Guile recovers his gigantic jumping roundhouse from SF 2. It was so good to jump from across the universe and use it late and still nail people with it. Taking it away in Sf4 was a crime against Guilekind.

Of course they already took away superman from Zangief which worked more or less the same :(

pizzacat

Banned
Yo Garrett Hawke as a guy who knows his way around the files of SFV is there anyway to rip the riffs at the end of the match from the game?

I hope Guile recovers his gigantic jumping roundhouse from SF 2. It was so good to jump from across the universe and use it late and still nail people with it. Taking it away in Sf4 was a crime against Guilekind.

Of course they already took away superman from Zangief which worked more or less the same :(

You should look into Chun Li if you're interested in that obvious shit

Having great time with Survival mode.

Finally got to lvl30 with Ryu and got the trophy for it so that I can drop him and try out some other character.

I feel like I am not learning to play at all. Managed to stay at Ultra Bronze-Super Bronze treshold for few days but now I am back to Bronze and even there it feels like a struggle sometimes.

That night was last night for me. Shoulda quit for some labwork as my nerves were shot but nope. Actually did better against FANG and Chun than 2-trick Ryukenash ponies cuz of it. :/

KingBroly

Banned
Well you missed such interesting stories such as:

Ryu is fighting his Satsui no Hado by fighting people, to help stop him from wanting to fight people. It ends with him happy he was fighting people, but upset because he's still fighting his Satsui no Hado.

Necalli is awakened, and wants to find fighters to absorb their fighter-ness to become the best fighter. He fights fighters to become a stronger fighter and continues to search for fight-ier fighters.

Alex is captured by fighters and forced to fight holographic fighters because the fighters want to test his fighting ability. He fights them so hard that he nearly destroys the fighter's arena, forcing the fighters to make Alex stop fighting the fighters.

How can you skip these!?

My brain melted a bit reading that.

BiggNife

I will still take SF's entertaining idiocy over the insane messes that are the Blazblue and Guilty Gear plots any day of the week.

Shito

I will still take SF's entertaining idiocy over the insane messes that are the Blazblue and Guilty Gear plots any day of the week.
Yep: the few really bad stories listed above are indeed reaaaally bad, but I found the other ones to be quite light-hearted and funny.
And, well, at least they don't drag on for too long. :D

SephLuis

So, I need tips against Nash. Especially the ones good at running away.

I would like to know how to punish that moon kick oh his ? I am almost sure that I have to punish that before the attack comes out.

So, I need tips against Nash. Especially the ones good at running away.

I would like to know how to punish that moon kick oh his ? I am almost sure that I have to punish that before the attack comes out.

It's plus on block so you can't really hit buttons after it. Your options are to either hit him in the air before he attacks, cross under before it comes out and punish him, or to v-reversal out of it if he hits you while blocking.

IINM Gouki only kills worthy opponents.

Gouken seemed to be giving him enough trouble at the end of SF4. But dayum.

I know, that means he might come back some day :(

I'm fine with him returning, although Nec plays more fun than Akuma.

The comic says that Gouken did die, but he found the good version of the dark hadou, "The power of nothingness" and that allowed him to save his soul.

Don't know how canon the new comic is, but seems to be following a lot of the same story beats as SF5.

IIRC, the comic got that from SF4 since that happened prior to SFV, or did you mean after SF4?

And the story of SF isn't actually all that bad. In fact, it's fairly interesting, but the best portions are hidden behind Japanese notes in various materials. Like you wouldn't know that Bison had a master that he murdered, and actually has a fighting style. Or that Bison actually liked Sagat quite a bit, going to far as to train him and not hunt him down after he left.

Or that Balrog took over Shadaloo and ran it into the ground by spending too much. Capcom will hopefully put that shit in the game instead of spreading it out.

And the story mode we have now isn't trying to be the end all be all, it's just a prologue to the real meat in June. Which is probably why it looks like absolute shit, because they needed something to pad the time.

LakeEarth

It's plus on block so you can't really hit buttons after it. Your options are to either hit him in the air before he attacks, cross under before it comes out and punish him, or to v-reversal out of it if he hits you while blocking.

Or if you're playing Birdie, d.mp. All questions are answered with d.mp. All problems are solved with d.mp. All glory to d.mp!

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
It looks like I overlooked something important. It seems that V-Trigger activation might be un-throwable? (Or at least that seems to be the case with characters I've tested so far.)

This puts another wrinkle in some of Mika's setups. The opponent can burn their V-Trigger to nullify hers in some situations, basically. Need to test it more to make sure I'm not just screwing up the timing though.

So, there's this.

The invincibility window seems really small though.

Anyone think we may get a Unity post today? They seem to usually talk about Street Fighter on Thursdays.

We probably won't.
I certainly hope so. Last month, the post detailing the alex update was on 10th March, the second thursday of that month.

This is the first thursday but the next one will be 14th April, almost halfway into the month.

BiggNife

I need to dive deep into the blazblue story one day. Convoluted messes of lore is my weakness.

I really hope someone at some point updates that old Blazblue flowchart that covers Calamity Trigger and Continuum Shift to also over Chronophantasma and Central Fiction

Different character stories literally take place in different timelines so good luck trying to figure out what actually happened and what didn't

Bizazedo

Just beat a guy with a 51 win streak whom did not rage quit. In fact, I almost lost because I assumed the rage quit was coming and started fucking around.

What a world. Can't trust anything anymore.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Still don't know how that thing works; got to try Alex out at some point. It was my first time dealing with the dive, too, so I had no idea what I was doing. After yesterday's set, I assume he's just real minus on block.

Yeah, I still don't have a grasp of the parry. You activate it, then press for parry but how do you do multiple hits? Do you just hold it down so it absorbs hits for the duration??

Ferrio

Banned
Yeah, I still don't have a grasp of the parry. You activate it, then press for parry but how do you do multiple hits? Do you just hold it down so it absorbs hits for the duration??

If you want to do a single parry with no follow up, just tap once. If you want to do multiple hits you have to tap it for each hit. If you hold it down at all it'll only parry once then go into the clothesline.

And yes, dive is really punishable.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
If you want to do a single parry with no follow up, just tap once. If you want to do multiple hits you have to tap it for each hit. If you hold it down at all it'll only parry once then go into the clothesline.

And yes, dive is really punishable.

Ah, okay, I figured it was multiple parries/taps. Thx.

LakeEarth

Still don't know how that thing works; got to try Alex out at some point. It was my first time dealing with the dive, too, so I had no idea what I was doing. After yesterday's set, I assume he's just real minus on block.

Very negative. You can punish it on block quite easily.

I wish that move went a bit more forward. It is so much risk and anything it can hit, j.hk probably also hit.

Skilletor

IIRC, the comic got that from SF4 since that happened prior to SFV, or did you mean after SF4?

And the story of SF isn't actually all that bad. In fact, it's fairly interesting, but the best portions are hidden behind Japanese notes in various materials. Like you wouldn't know that Bison had a master that he murdered, and actually has a fighting style. Or that Bison actually liked Sagat quite a bit, going to far as to train him and not hunt him down after he left.

Or that Balrog took over Shadaloo and ran it into the ground by spending too much. Capcom will hopefully put that shit in the game instead of spreading it out.

And the story mode we have now isn't trying to be the end all be all, it's just a prologue to the real meat in June. Which is probably why it looks like absolute shit, because they needed something to pad the time.

This is the new comic, so not sure. Ryu goes to Retsu and Retsu is like, "Let me show you something." And Gouken is chilling there. He fights Ryu to help him try to control the Dark Hadou.

It's actually pretty good. Sagat is pretty Zen now and that ties in to what we're hearing from these other random snippets, so I dunno if they're just making stuff up or if it's a legit collaboration.

Ferrio

Banned
Very negative. You can punish it on block quite easily.

I wish that move went a bit more forward. It is so much risk and anything it can hit, j.hk probably also hit.

I use it to get outta the corner. Fly to the other side of the screen like super man.

Is the timing on the parry more lenient than Ryu's? It seems that way to me.
Yeah I think, because I believe you don't really have to time it. You can just do the absorb and then let go, even if you started the charge pretty early.

Could be wrong though, but that's what it looks like when I'm fighting against him.

Still can't get Alex to work.

Man I use vega and honestly I thought Vegas Buttons supremely out weighed Alex's. Literally every Alex I've played, mind you I've played a few platinums who were using alex, and I've had no problem bullying them into the corner. Yesterday I went up against a guy name valleface (ha) who out footsies me completely. I could not get in on this guy for the life of me. Really showed me there's some great potential out there with Alex, his buttons are far better then people are currently skilled capped at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom