• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does it feel like literally everyone online can just push buttons anytime they feel like it and just do anything and it hits and hits and hits

Like I fight vega and it's just block block block block block block and nothing ever seems to stop

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";200449964]I've been studying Ryu's frame data a lot this past week, and I found all kinds of funky stuff. Using meaty jabs to get Chun Li-esque combos, sMP into sweep, sMP into sRH. All kinds of wackiness.

The frame data is a little weird, though.

LK tatsu should be +36 when your opponent quick rises, which means that double dash(32 frames) into jab(3 frames) should hit on the 2nd active frame, but sometimes it whiffs. I don't know why.

It's kinda crazy how deliberately it seems like Ryu's enders are made for meaty setups. HP srk, sweep, MK tatsu and super are all exactly +20 frames on opponent's quick rise, which means that dash sMP is an easy meaty setup. EX fireball and LK tatsu are +36, which means you get the exact same meaties with a second dash forwards.

There are situations for using the other moves, but generally these are the best to know since they all have the same setup and they're basically the best combo enders anyway.

MK srk is +22 which is interesting in it's own way, but I'll get into that another time.[/QUOTE]

I found all that pretty interesting as well. I've been studying it since the beta. Instead of studying the frame data though I would just do trail and error with the training dummy to figure out what works. EX fireball and LK tatsu are unique among them because they both give Ryu a jump in option. Forward jump + button gives him a jump in after EX fireball. If you empty jump then Ryu can recover in time to block 5f DP's. Forward jump attack after LK tatsu gives him a cross up.

Another aspect of LK tatsu is that if my opponent does a back roll, then I can get a empty jump low out of it. Frame perfect empty jump low beats a reversal throw. I actually find it very hard to do, but fortunately in a real match people are not inputting a throw or any button ASAP. So I've been able to utilize this set up a lot against people who back roll all the time on wake up.

Hex

Banned
Yep I made some guy rage quit with birdie in a lounge. I had started hitting the ex jumping chain grab and he couldn't take it.

God I am total ass at this game though. I need to just sit and practice basic combos because I think I have good footsies but just don't take advantage of damage.

Also, any birdie players got tips?

I'm always trying to think of the command grab but it seems like nobody ever blocks. It's just buttons for days in this game. You can try to train for a block but it's always some Bullshit on wakeup.

I am not a Birdie player, but I can tell you that patient Birdies are a pain in the ass.
You can zone pretty well, with great AA.
Play patient and methodical and it is a pain in the ass to get in there.

This dude I'm fighting doesn't even seem human. It's so relentless. Just attack after attack after attack with no gaps no blocking. He takes a hit and just keeps attacking

laaame

Why does it feel like literally everyone online can just push buttons anytime they feel like it and just do anything and it hits and hits and hits

Like I fight vega and it's just block block block block block block and nothing ever seems to stop
That's where learning frame data comes into play. People love hitting buttons online and if you don't use your best options they have no reason to stop.
For example, with Vega, a lot of people love throwing out the roll and immediately hitting other buttons into another roll. All non-ex rolls are not safe, so throw out some light normals they should beat the next normal a Vega throws out.

Durden77

GGs guys, gonna have to drop since I'm having a shitty connection right now. I know it's shit when I have 4 bars against Edge. Durden, that last game was yours man, I assume you dropped the super input after scythe?

Edit: yeah lmao, hit confirming is super important with nash, if you land a clean hit with full meter you gotta make sure to spend it. Also I noticed you like doing that v trigger extension combo, it's good but I would try to save meter for super tbh, you were also doing the fwd. v trigger version which would put you in the corner and get me out of it, instead of that you could do back v trigger since it would still serve the same purpose without letting me escape the corner that easily.

Yeah I picked up a few things from you. Some of it was just rust, I hadn't played in a while. let's play again for sure.

In other news, I haven't found a single match in over an hour and have only fought 1 ranked match and it was a rage quit! Sweet!

Oh and I lost on Extreme survival at stage 67! Hell yeah! If I could've found a match I could've saved myself! ALL RIGHT!

Got a rage quit from a 5.3k Gold Laura. We went best of 3, too.

At those levels I truly don't get it. The achievement hunters already got what they wanted, do they just have ambition to be the next World Combo? Or is it just some salty fuck, in which I have to say it's disheartening someone with so much skill is such a wussy.

At those levels I truly don't get it. The achievement hunters already got what they wanted, do they just have ambition to be the next World Combo? Or is it just some salty fuck, in which I have to say it's disheartening someone with so much skill is such a wussy.

I guess it was because if I won I'd win back those 53 points that I lost earlier, and taken 150 of his.

So infuriating.....
alWE68q.gif
I was screaming when that happened. Had no idea that would happen xD

ElFly

Double perfected a Silver Nash as Super Bronze Zangief.

Or I would have if the Nash hadn't RQ when Muscle power activated.

That's where learning frame data comes into play. People love hitting buttons online and if you don't use your best options they have no reason to stop.
For example, with Vega, a lot of people love throwing out the roll and immediately hitting other buttons into another roll. All non-ex rolls are not safe, so throw out some light normals they should beat the next normal a Vega throws out.

So something like crouching lk, stand lk, qcf jab should punish it? I was trying to stick out stand medium and sometimes I could hit a crouch jab but I just couldn't find any gaps.. I need to sit in training mode with vega on record and practice.

I know it's still early for this game and I like the high damage and focus on offense but does anyone else wonder if maybe the timer should be sped up or reduced a little?

I know it's not common but there are almost no timeouts in this game. Shouldn't timeout be at least an occasional mechanic?

I kind of miss those moments where the clock is ticking down and both players are close in life and you just have to make a desperate play to win at the last second.

Maybe just making the clock run faster so it would timeout at 80 current game seconds?

EX fireball and LK tatsu are unique among them because they both give Ryu a jump in option. Forward jump + button gives him a jump in after EX fireball. If you empty jump then Ryu can recover in time to block 5f DP's. Forward jump attack after LK tatsu gives him a cross up.

Honestly that sounds kind of loose. I'd rather just get the meaty pressure after MK tatsu by dashing. Having to empty jump to block a reversal isn't really a reliable jump in setup. I'd rather get the throw mixup.

qcf x2

I personally have a lot of trouble against Chun as Cammy. I think it's cuz I generally do badly against more defensive based characters

Yes, it's a very rough matchup for Cammy. Chun destroys the air game and her buttons are just as good, except she's got an overhead and a fireball. And faster walk speed. She has all those hit confirms and combine that with solid defense and Cammy's low health, ...

What exactly does Karin say during her super? All I hear is "come on housekeep," which sounds pretty rude. You keep your butlers out of this.

Hmm...Gonna do a PS4 system restore because I’m thinking people are d/c me and it’s still the server sometimes I believe. I was playing against a good Necali and was about to rank up, and it d/c in the middle of a hit confirm for the win. I’m thinking obvious rage quit he was just about to lose, but at the menu screen, I was the one logged out of the server? Same thing happened with Fluxwave a few days ago and against a few players last night (and they definitely look like R/Q on my end on some of them because I was losing)

Think I’m going strictly casual for now until Capcom just gets a d/c % under your name. Finally hit Plat anyway and got Ken’s Pinky Swear (I think it’s 400 ranked wins or something it took forever) so good time to give it up.

I’ll be playing lobbies a lot more now. looking forward to trying out the GAF players in sets.

Rektash

People are doing it a lot nowadays. I don't understand why.

Probably something along the lines of "He didn't deserve to win this game! He just won because he was lucky/guessed right/cheap gimmicks!/stupid stuff/lag/etc".

People have inflated egos and when there is no repercussions for them acting like twats they will do exactly that. People are just protecting their inflated egos from popping like balloons.

Pitiful, yes! But then again, what else did you expect from generation XBL?

Renekton

What exactly does Karin say during her super? All I hear is "come on housekeep," which sounds pretty rude. You keep your butlers out of this.
Kanzuki-style Stream of the Supreme Road Formula Six: Champion's Form! Behold, the final attack! Oh-hohohoho!

Probably something along the lines of "He didn't deserve to win this game! He just won because he was lucky/guessed right/cheap gimmicks!/stupid stuff/lag/etc".

People have inflated egos and when there is no repercussions for them acting like twats they will do exactly that. People are just protecting their inflated egos from popping like balloons.

Pitiful, yes! But then again, what else did you expect from generation XBL?

True. I want to see them play the way we used to...in front of everyone at the arcade. You win, the glory is yours, you lost, well, it happens.

Sigh finally start winning and ofcourse rage quit in a game that would've given like 90 pts..

If the antirq doesn't come next patch, I wonder how many % of players that will quit this game.

myco666

Lol just beat a Silver Ken player with my not so great Super Bronze M.Bison and of course he RQed immediately when the KO screen appeared. What is it with Ken players always being the ones to RQ?

Lol just beat a Silver Ken player with my not so great Super Bronze M.Bison and of course he RQed immediately when the KO screen appeared. What is it with Ken players always being the ones to RQ?

Couse only a true fraud would play Ken.

I had like 14 rqers or so, 12 from France and 11 of em was Ken..

I just got my 300 ranked wins trophy. It only took almost 2 months and I'm still in super bronze lol. Never learn, never git gud.

Karin gets lvl 30 today and I think its time to try some other characters to see if they fit better. Its so frustrating with fighting games when you don't find someone that perfectly fits but also is slightly lazy to learn new ones..

Femto.

I just got my 300 ranked wins trophy. It only took almost 2 months and I'm still in super bronze lol. Never learn, never git gud.

Karin gets lvl 30 today and I think its time to try some other characters to see if they fit better. Its so frustrating with fighting games when you don't find someone that perfectly fits but also is slightly lazy to learn new ones..
My Chun needs some Karin practice, we're the same rank. We can play if you're interested.

I'm on the West Coast US.

My CFN is: GhostNtheMirror

Might get on later today after getting some school work done.

My Chun needs some Karin practice, we're the same rank.

I'm on the West Coast US.

My CFN is: GhostNtheMirror

Might get on later today after getting some school work done.

Sure man, I'm from Sweden tho so Its a risk its not stable connection but lets try.

CFID: Sgtpepper

Edit: LOL just got my first Double KO, I lost the game on it tho

myco666

Don't worry I also got my 300 Ranked wins trophy and lvl30 trophy yesterday and I am still just a Super Bronze (occasionally in the Ultra Bronze though). After that I dropped into Bronze and lost to even some Rookies. Never learn from mistakes and having hard time keeping up with aggressive players.

KArin's legs in general are fucked and they flash regularly during gameplay :p

But I think what's happening there is just the orange from the EX move covering over her underwear, which Reizo posted.

Help, I'm getting rekt by Bison in normal Survival modes with Karin. Do you have any good Karin combo except Jump HP to HP to a special move ? And how do I kill bison ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom