• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't mind Laura's costume tbh if she was fully seductive and like, that's her personality or whatever. I don't mind sexy characters. But her stuff feels like an afterthought compared to this girl who just loves to fight and is excited about it.

Edit: Compare that with Vega, who is all about his looks, so of course he'll show off that 6 pack. Mika's makes even more sense than Laura's outfit since she's all about that Japanese wresting life.

LakeEarth

Yeah, I hate their designs so much that I'll never use them. It doesn't help that I don't like their move set or game plans either, but their design is my primary beef.

I love fast moving grapplers, so they're both up my alley. But it's not like there aren't other grapplers in this game to choose from.

i'm not sure why you were so condescendingly smug with that last part. we're not the one who spent $200+ on things we don't want

How was that last part condescending? I just quoted someone. I've spent money on something I want, I'm frustrated that I can't even use it for the most basic stuff.

To be fair, I think boobs are an American thing moreso than a Japanese thing. Or maybe we are about that ass. I don't know.

Second time - what system, what's your stick, and what's your friend's system?

I got a Venom stick, we both use PS4. We have good broadband connections. No issues whatsoever before in other games.

stn

The last part was just the cherry on the top. It's not my mind concern, but it's still bizarre that a retail game can have characters like that.

And I'm not bashing "how the game plays". Gameplay is just fine, but when you can't even get the matchmaking or playing with a friend online right. Yikes
It seems like waiting it out will alleviate all your concerns. More characters will be released and I assume the online portion will be further patched. Or, just sell it now and cut your losses.

mbpm1

I wouldn't mind Laura's costume tbh if she was fully seductive and like, that's her personality or whatever. I don't mind sexy characters. But her stuff feels like an afterthought compared to this girl who just loves to fight and is excited about it.
Idk. If they didn't intend that with the character itself it feels like voice acting did

Sniper did you just get unbanned or something? SFV is a content deficient product (and moreso when it released like 2 months ago) but these complaints sound like they've been sitting in your drafts folder since that time, lol.

Big Brett

So enjoy your broken game with women in tank tops bought at Baby Gap.

My game is working completely fine. Create a new thread if you just want to bash your crappy experience with the game. In the OT we've all heard it, and generally our game is working as intended. I'm sorry your experience hasn't matched it but you're not going to get the reaction you're looking for here I feel.

I got a Venom stick, we both use PS4. We have good broadband connections. No issues whatsoever before in other games.

Everyone else's stick seems to be working with the PS4 version:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFigh..._list_of_supported_controllerssticks_for_sfv/

Did you try setting it up properly? If not, it might be an issue with your stick:

http://shoryuken.com/2016/02/16/heres-how-to-get-your-legacy-controller-working-in-street-fighter-v/

As for the battle lounge stuff, it was fucked up weeks ago, but after the latest patch, things have been pretty smooth on most people's end. I have no idea what to tell you on that, honestly, only that to make sure the ports are correct and everything.

Xeteh

With all the complaining people do about Ken online I feel like I should learn him to get the mental advantage when people assume I'll just be using full screen tatsu and spamming DPs.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Can you get a refund for this bullshit beta (at full price)?

Capcom should also give me money for my new arcade stick that I was intending on using, but I guess I can use it as a secondary buttplug (the SFV disc being my primary).

Fuck you, Capcom. Fuck you so much. I'll never buy anything from you again. This has less content than most free to play games and is the videogame equivalent to sucking Birdie's unwashed dick.

Mika alone is worth it.

With all the complaining people do about Ken online I feel like I should learn him to get the mental advantage when people assume I'll just be using full screen tatsu and spamming DPs.

Yeah, I do neither of those things as Ken and I still get Ls more than I'd like. Enough that I switched to Ryu just for raw damage output even if I'm not a fan of the character at all.

ohkay

It's a reaction of someone who doesn't like to be matched in ranked with people 1000-1500 LP ahead all the time.
Maybe it's me, but I like fighting people significantly ahead of me. Unless I'm getting absolutely bodied, it helps me more to find flaws in my play since these people will be better at punishing my mistakes. It's also a good feeling when you put up a fight/win against them.

Well we always have SF4 to fall back on. SF V dropping off like a rock on the sales charts is not a good look..
But the non-casual players seem to love the gameplay of 5 so far

So, I've made a video, with the purpose of raising awareness on how to make Nash players stop thinking they're clever and safe by throwing out a MK Scythe at the beginning of a round. :D

https://youtu.be/i8Fhl5qAX-s

I've got the idea from vryu, and just applied it to the rest of the cast.
It works really well, I can swear 75% of the Nashes I encounter online try that on the first or second round: make them regret and behave! ^^

I think a forward jump cross up should also work with most of the cast(not Dhalsim for sure). It's more of a commitment compared to a grounded button but depending on the character it will get you more damage. I use to do it with Ryu but I realized that I get a little more stun and practically the same damage with his CC combo ending in MK tatsu and it gives me better positioning for meaty's.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Well we always have SF4 to fall back on. SF V dropping off like a rock on the sales charts is not a good look..

It's not like SFV will cease to exist when capcom drops it. Granted online play will be gone when the servers are turned off, but for tournaments people will still play V.

The hardcore isn't going to run back to SF4 just because sales are bad. They'll buy it and play it for years upon years unless something gamebreaking comes along and isn't fixed.

LegendX48

People don't do that anymore which makes me kind of sad. It was right after I found out that you can punish Ken mid heavy tatsu that Ken players stopped doing it lol

Aaaargh, for fucks sake, I really want to give up until they fix the rage quitting but I just keep coming back for more. When it's good it's so good :-/

Playing SFV then playing SF4 is night and fucking day, SF4 load times are so great for PC...
what load time?

I strongly believe a lot of the load times on PC for SF5 are just artificial.
With SF4 you could just mash start and skip the versus screen as soon as it's done loading.

But with SF5 it forces the entire thing + white screen, even though I can look at my HDD activity LED and see it got done loading much earlier.

Ken is tough brah... You have to learn one hit hit-confirms and whiff punish. Ken requires matchup knowledge of the entire cast to be effective with.

You're basically scrub, average, or great with Ken, not a lot of breathing room.

He's not the most difficult character though. Karin has some tougher execution, but then again you can press her dominating buttons more frequently, same thing with chun. I feel like Ken and Ryu are both versatile characters that can go with anyone in the cast, but require a lot of work. Ryu's skill level is masked by his crazy damage, he's still tough to be really good with, but not like Ken.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

I once beat a Zangief by using fireball and full-screen tatsus as anti-air.

When I have a good life lead, sometimes I'll throw a full screen tatsu just to see what they do about it. A lot of people (in Bronze leagues) don't react in a very effective way.

Fuuuuuck, I am losing HARD tonight.
I've gone from 2800 to 1800 in the last few days. Ugh.

Always seem to get better players on a Friday night.

Hold this DP FADC Ultra/Kara throw/4 frame cr. mk/15 frame overhead tho

More like faceroll flowchart Kens.

Some characters had such bullshit easy ways to confirm their Ultra as well. Like a Ryu doing trade AA Shoryuken into Metsu, whereas Dan has to spend his entire super bar for a Super Taunt cancel to combo confirm his Ultra.

Not a fan of SFIV. Shotos are AIDS in that game.

I love SF4, but the reasons why I don't want to play the game has nothing to do with shoto's. Sure they have safe DP's, but that cost 2 bars and is nothing compared to the bull shit you have to deal with from characters like Viper, Yun, Fuete, Elena, Ibuki, Decapre, and so on. In fact, I think every single character has at least one thing that annoys the fuck out of me. But Ken, Ryu, and even Evil Ryu aren't high on my "Annoying as Fuck to fight against" tier.

Ken is tough brah... You have to learn one hit hit-confirms and whiff punish. Ken requires matchup knowledge of the entire cast to be effective with.

I always play Ryu and Ken in every SF game(with Ryu being the true main though). Ken was actually my main in SF4 for a short while before AE came out and I switched to Evil Ryu. But I've hardly touched Ken in SFV because like you said, I find him a little too hard to play. I'm no good at doing one hit confirms and don't want to end up doing a lot of unsafe cancels into run because I'm simply guessing only. Sure I can play basic Ken but why do that when basic Ryu is better and more fun for me personally.

I love SF4, but the reasons why I don't want to play the game has nothing to do with shoto's. Sure they have safe DP's, but that cost 2 bars and is nothing compared to the bull shit you have to deal with from characters like Viper, Yun, Fuete, Elena, Ibuki, Decapre, and so on. In fact, I think every single character has at least one thing that annoys the fuck out of me. But Ken, Ryu, and even Evil Ryu aren't high on my "Annoying as Fuck to fight against" tier.

What you got against El Fuerte and Decap? Fuerte is awesome, and Decap is just OP :)

Xeteh

You're basically scrub, average, or great with Ken, not a lot of breathing room.

He's not the most difficult character though. Karin has some tougher execution, but then again you can press her dominating buttons more frequently, same thing with chun. I feel like Ken and Ryu are both versatile characters that can go with anyone in the cast, but require a lot of work. Ryu's skill level is masked by his crazy damage, he's still tough to be really good with, but not like Ken.

Oh, I know. He was actually one of the characters I wanted to learn right off the bat but saw people talking about his skill curve and it pushed me away a bit. He's a fun character but his VSkill is wasted on me.

Shotos weren't even bad.

Ibuki can go fuck off into space though. Not looking forward to seeing her in SFV

The game was shit though and I was happy as all hell to move on. It's the first SF I've never bothered to keep playing and I doubt I will play it again.

I am sure they will try and base her off her 3S iteration rather than USF4.

Xeteh

More like faceroll flowchart Kens.

Some characters had such bullshit easy ways to confirm their Ultra as well. Like a Ryu doing trade AA Shoryuken into Metsu, whereas Dan has to spend his entire super bar for a Super Taunt cancel to combo confirm his Ultra.

That is why I had a lot of fun with Juri (aside from her being batshit insane and fun to play), you could hit with her Ultra 2 off an air to air j.mp (iirc).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom